AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-07-09, 20:18   Link #1
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

Games Exit Automatically

Ok...some games on my computer just exit automatically....nothing else. It just turns black and exits. Help plz...like wats causing this or how i can fix it
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 21:43   Link #2
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
riiiiiiiiight... I think we'll need more specifics than what you've given to help.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 21:53   Link #3
Forse
r00t for life

I had some similar issues before, here are some things u can try:

1. Make sure u use quality cracks >_<
2. Update chipset drivers
3. Update graphic card drivers, in case of NVIDIA u can try installing beta drivers from here
4. Reduce resolution
5. Update the game

In most cases it's graphic driver.

P.S. Also maybe u could specify what games exit and maybe a little more details
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 22:37   Link #4
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

um...the game is phantasy star online...im afraid somehow specifically naming pso will get me in trouble... so i just used some games...but it happens also with counterstrike.. With counter strike it works for like 20 minutes and closes...phantasy star online does 20 seconds into gameplay.
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 23:10   Link #5
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
um...the game is phantasy star online...im afraid somehow specifically naming pso will get me in trouble... so i just used some games...but it happens also with counterstrike.. With counter strike it works for like 20 minutes and closes...phantasy star online does 20 seconds into gameplay.
I had similar issue with NeverWinter Nights, it crashed after like 20-30min of game play. Turned out I needed to update drivers for me AC97 builtin sound chip.
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 23:25   Link #6
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Hm...sounds like a overheating issue. Install MBM and check your cpu & system temps and find out your max temp for your processor here.

Overheating problems can cause lots of problems mostly computer reboots and lockups. Also, you might wan't to check to see if your PSU is putting out the correct voltages and is sufficient enough for your computer to operate smoothly.
Old 2004-07-10, 02:03   Link #7
project_00

it's most likely a driver problem. sometimes it could be because of an incompatible version of Windows, but that is unlikely (but happened to me once)
project_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 03:47   Link #8
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Sometimes the RAM (physical) and AGP setting (software) are also a possible source of errors, that cause a game to terminate.
You should try the games with AGP support shut off, if it works under this condition, then you can blame it to the northbridge(drivers) or the RAMs itself (if you use two different RAM bars (different manufacturer/modell) this can happen... even if the single RAM bar itself is ok... they just won't work together, thats all).
Old 2004-07-10, 04:43   Link #9
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Here's the deal:

0. Close down every other unneeded program because this test will most likely kill your internet connection and will maybe make your PC freeze. Did I already say that whatever you do, it's your risk? ^_^
1. Install MBM (see Keitaro's link), let it run in the back ground so that you can see the CPU temperature in the tray.
Why: Important for steps 2 and 3
2. Download and install HotCPU Tester.
a) Test your CPU for about 25min with 100% CPU usage. Write down your CPU temperature (or at which temperature the system hang). Tell us about your CPU model, too
b) Test your RAM for about 30mins.
3. Test all the other computer parts with a Burn-in Test starting with the video card. Again for about 30 mins each part. (You'll have to configure the program to test only one part at a given time)
4. Post your results here
Burn-In test
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 00:38   Link #10
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Here's the deal:

0. Close down every other unneeded program because this test will most likely kill your internet connection and will maybe make your PC freeze. Did I already say that whatever you do, it's your risk? ^_^
1. Install MBM (see Keitaro's link), let it run in the back ground so that you can see the CPU temperature in the tray.
Why: Important for steps 2 and 3
2. Download and install HotCPU Tester.
a) Test your CPU for about 25min with 100% CPU usage. Write down your CPU temperature (or at which temperature the system hang). Tell us about your CPU model, too
b) Test your RAM for about 30mins.
3. Test all the other computer parts with a Burn-in Test starting with the video card. Again for about 30 mins each part. (You'll have to configure the program to test only one part at a given time)
4. Post your results here
Burn-In test
Warning: using burn in tests may cause permanent damage to your system hardware because the purpose of these tests is to stress your computer hardware components to its breaking point. Please be extremely careful when running these tests on your system.
Old 2004-07-11, 02:25   Link #11
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

He could test the RAM with Memtest86, I don't like the idea of a full system burn in (because if there is a problem with cooling, you can be almost sure to kill/damage some hardware). And how should he be carefull? At least you could give him some advice, when he should stop the test (at which temperature the CPU is in a critical state). No offend, but "be carefull" sounds like a weak excuse when he follows your advice and actually kills hardware components. I mean imagine you would not had your present knowledge, would you know how to be carefull? Ah well, but maybe I am wrong and you gave him this additional information via PM or something else, in this case forget what I said
Old 2004-07-11, 05:30   Link #12
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
He could test the RAM with Memtest86, I don't like the idea of a full system burn in (because if there is a problem with cooling, you can be almost sure to kill/damage some hardware). And how should he be carefull? At least you could give him some advice, when he should stop the test (at which temperature the CPU is in a critical state). No offend, but "be carefull" sounds like a weak excuse when he follows your advice and actually kills hardware components. I mean imagine you would not had your present knowledge, would you know how to be carefull? Ah well, but maybe I am wrong and you gave him this additional information via PM or something else, in this case forget what I said
Well, I did not and honestly I can't because I do not even know his CPU model and the maximum temperature for each model. I do however know that 85°C is the critical temperature for my Athlon XP 2400+, so staying under ~75°C is good enough.

Actually I might add what I expected from this test: I expected his/her system crashing in about 3-5 min during the burn-in test so we could single out the broken hardware - if any. And the burn-in test deemed me ideal for singling hardware parts out.

PS: Everyone who asks for help and follows advices of strangers should know that he is doing it on his own risk. I, however, recommended him/her a method I deemed appropiate without any malicious motive. (This does not mean I couldn't have be more precise about the risks of the burn-in tests - because that's what I forgot.)
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote