2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-22, 11:25   Link #21
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well. WELL WELL WELL. I wasn't expecting to see this particular person so soon! Good show, anime, foreshadowing the other hub zones BEFORE the final episode (which was what happened in the LN ahaha ).
Old 2014-02-22, 13:14   Link #22
ices
Working Hard

They sure has a lovely character design in this episode. I even can't manage to notice Marielle until she speaks to Isuzu. Well, as a bonus, we also got our sparkling Rundell Hauz Kode!!! (PS: it's Kode, everyone!!!).

NOW, ALL SHIPS SAILING... PREPARE YOUR SEAT EVERYONE...

Next: Love Triangle?!
Old 2014-02-22, 13:34   Link #23
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
It doesn't matter if peasants are dissatisfied with the king, he has an army and the backing of the land lords. They don't have the means to remove him, because he has power and legitimacy.
That doesn't mean the "king" won't be resented. And there must be some powerful Adventurers even in Akihabara who aren't aligned with the Round Table.

Outside observers like us have an enormous advantage over the Adventurers in the story. We might conclude that Shiroe is acting benevolently, but that doesn't mean our perspective is shared by the Adventurers themselves. The Round Table approach was a good short-term solution to the problem of imposing order after the Apocalypse. That doesn't mean it is the correct solution over the long term.
Old 2014-02-22, 13:39   Link #24
tsunade666

wawawawa this episode has lots of HNNNNG!!!! scenes. OTP EvErYwHeRe!!! and they are smooth sailing.

Cute Serara

Lovely Isuzu

Then there is adorable Akatsuki and Minori too.

Everyone has lovely dress and designs!

lol chief didn't remove his gear but just choose to wear a tuxedo over it.

Shiroe snooping about information on their neighboring adventure city.

And its HER!!!! she finally make a foreshadowing appearance! YAHOO!!!!

this episode is one of the best even if its a cool down episode after slaughtering goblins.

I really like the way the animate it. The direction and details of the story is there without leaving anything and adding more information for the watchers to understand what's happening. Its even better in the novel in that sense though I like the novel with its a bit grim dark feel to it but still. Log Horizon has the best adaptation of light novel that I watch so far. Even though it has an average or below average rate of animation quality -_-
Old 2014-02-22, 14:05   Link #25
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
That doesn't mean the "king" won't be resented. And there must be some powerful Adventurers even in Akihabara who aren't aligned with the Round Table.

Outside observers like us have an enormous advantage over the Adventurers in the story. We might conclude that Shiroe is acting benevolently, but that doesn't mean our perspective is shared by the Adventurers themselves. The Round Table approach was a good short-term solution to the problem of imposing order after the Apocalypse. That doesn't mean it is the correct solution over the long term.
Let's be honest, Round Table council is composed from extremely competent and often influential people. RT in it's current form is far more beneficiall to Akiba than any elected goverment, not mentioned it would guarantee fair threatment to small guilds who would be unavoidably discriminated otherwise. And if there is some distrust it's only due it's novelty.

Common form of democracy is Actualy very unsuiotable and hard to implement into social structure of ET adventurers
Old 2014-02-22, 14:12   Link #26
RollingPenguin

Quote:

Well Shiroe and people around him can cannot die or be killed ,which makes his rule as benevolent dictator permanent.Considering how the people he chose seem to be good individuals that genuinely care about every party involved,I cannot see anyone being so dissatisfied with them that he would think about overthrowing them.Also like I mentioned before, it is literally impossible to overthrow them.
Old 2014-02-22, 14:12   Link #27
HandofFate

decent wrap-up/conclusion to the whole thing.
the badmouthing about shirou was so full of envy and saltyness.
Old 2014-02-22, 15:27   Link #28
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

If people do not like the relatively free system established in Akiba, why not embrace the anarchy of Susukino?

There has to be some sort of governance structure defining the bounds of adventurers actions. As was mentioned in the episode, Minami and Westelande it seems is ruled by a single guild. One can infer that it has a lot more concentrated power structure, that the diffused Round Table Council composed of several guilds.

Adventurers typically have a choice on where they wanna go, they might complain about the RTC, but don't folks in today's society complain about their governance structure also?

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-02-22, 15:45   Link #29
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

it was alos mention most of the adventures in Shibuya move to Akiba. if someone really dislike the RT, they can move to Shibuya and still take advantage of what Akiba offers.
Old 2014-02-22, 16:03   Link #30
mikethepokemaster

Minori and Serara like older man, perfect episode with romances. Marie already decided who she likes blue dude shit out of luck
Old 2014-02-22, 16:38   Link #31
Entravity

That was some pretty good English by Rundelhaus. It actually surprised me quite a bit. Nice job, Kakihara Tetsuya.
Old 2014-02-22, 16:43   Link #32
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entravity View Post
That was some pretty good English by Rundelhaus. It actually surprised me quite a bit. Nice job, Kakihara Tetsuya.
Apparently, Kakihara was born and raised in Germany, so he's better at pronouncing European languages.
Old 2014-02-22, 16:45   Link #33
Elestia

Oh god. Three days without taking a bath!? Our NEET princess is more hardcore that I thought.
Old 2014-02-22, 17:42   Link #34
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Oh god. Three days without taking a bath!? Our NEET princess is more hardcore that I thought.
Pascal approved
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

anyway, it look like they only hate Shiro not RT
Old 2014-02-22, 17:45   Link #35
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
If she had access to the internet she would most likely be a max level mage in a very short period of time, with raid bottles and everything!

The princess and Rudy are my absolute favorite characters so far. I generally don't like lazy people but Reynessia is an outstanding character because she's extremely cute about her lazy character while doing what she needs to when she needs to. Her interactions with Crusty really just seal the deal for me.

I didn't say this earlier because I didn't want to put up any LN spoilers before the anime episode came out but they made Rudy way more annoying in the beginning than they did in the LN. I think this was done so there would be a huge dramatic effect when people realized what he was and what he was trying to do. Then when he went out like a boss he cemented his awesomeness in his own dumb dog kind of way.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
Old 2014-02-22, 18:01   Link #36
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

The episode was here to give us some breathing room and set up pieces for the rest and it was well done.

I liked how they showed us how each couples were doing, Reynessia and Krusty are alreally acting like an old couple .

they also nice put some clues on what is going to happend in the festival, btw what would be the correct translation of its name ? in the novel translation it was called Libra festival and in the anime they translated it as the Scale festival ? (i loled hard when Maryel made the "push back glass" emote ).
Old 2014-02-22, 18:03   Link #37
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

That was a nice and calm episode. It had some nice romantic moments, although I can't help but laugh at the fact that Isuzu views Rudy as a begging dog.

In all honesty, Shiroe is someone who keeps to the shadows a lot so rumors about him are pretty much expected. However, Shiroe did play everything well including the revealing the whole lost memories issue via rumors to alleviate the possibility of massive panic. I can't wait to see Minami now that it was mentioned.

Personally, the best dancers were the two who were dancing with the food. It had a special flare to it.

Next episode seems to be a 2-on-1 date in which Shiroe realizes the consequences of accidentally seducing two lolis.
Old 2014-02-22, 18:13   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's kind of funny that I didn't think too much about Minori's feelings about Shiroe until pretty much this episode. Kind of a "oh that's what the OP was hinting at" kind of thing. But suppose she does fit in the Serara class of falling for an older guy.

Of course while Minori is a nice character I wouldn't pull away from supporting Akatsuki for a moment. Mostly since she's around the same age as Shiroe appearances aside. Was a nice episode for Akatsuki and Shiroe to just talk since so much has been going on and they really haven't had many moments together that developed what was going on between them.

Kind of interesting situation the Princess has gotten into. Kind of become a moe figure of the city . Really it's pretty much the ideal situation. She's taking responsibility for her actions in a way that actually works out pretty well for her. Certainly won't have lords coming out all the time trying to secure her hand in marriage and won't have to deal with the stuffy balls and tea parties. Only downside is getting flustered by Crusty.

Sucks for Shiroe that people do spread such rumors about him, but suppose it's not surprising. Plus it's not like he didn't pull some stuff that would create a reputation even if it was for the greater good. Hard to push people into doing what will create stability.
Old 2014-02-22, 18:29   Link #39
Tenzen12

Well, it's true he acted as jerkass when he spoke about that raid against goblins and pretty much provoked princess, so it's not actualy unwarranted (novels are slightly more explicit about that). And considering how he is, he was aware it will happen whe he did that.
Old 2014-02-22, 19:40   Link #40
The Green One

Shiroe willingly embraces the bad guy role in the name of the greater good.
Closed Thread