AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 13:43   Link #2941
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
There is no "filler" in Haruhi unless you count some of the E8 episodes. "Filler" implies "bad" and the two best episodes of Haruhi (Live Alive and Day of Sagittarius) are what some would call "filler" by dint of them not being a part of the overall arc. There are just arc episodes and standalone episodes, much like other cornerstone animes.
I thought filler was just non-canon (compared to the source material) stuff.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 13:47   Link #2942
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Indeed, some people just have that mixed up.
Old 2009-10-07, 15:12   Link #2943
Godly_senselessness

Hi,could someone tell me where from i should start viewing this series?I heard it's boring from one ep to another.I liked the first season.
Godly_senselessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 15:26   Link #2944
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly_senselessness View Post
Hi,could someone tell me where from i should start viewing this series?I heard it's boring from one ep to another.I liked the first season.
You have already watched the first season? Then just watch the new ones in order. Is not 'boring', is actually the only wayt it make sense (unlike the original season).

Or you could re-watch the old episodes if you feel like it. Anyway, for the new season, you should watch in chronological order.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 23:21   Link #2945
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
He said "implies." Given the usual result of filler material, the comparison isn't exactly unwarranted.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 01:52   Link #2946
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

oh sweet zombie jesus... i should have listened to you guys and only watched one or 2 epps of endless 8. Since i have a cold and am doing nothing but watching anime ( i hate tv, never watch it other than southpark and dexter) I figured 'what the hell' and watched all 8 episodes... i actually fell asleep at one point. What the hell were they thinking? Well.. obviously to pad the show and milk money from fans but come on, that was unbearable. EIGHT?! I was expecing some changes or something but it was the same exact thing with different clothes and angles

ungh.. this totally killed the series for me. Seriously I dont even want to watch anymore but i guess i may as well finish it. Hopefully the next few epps are REALLY good. blea

to anyone wondering on view order FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! just skip endless 8. watch maybe the first and last, or 2nd and last and thats IT. Even the ending was lame.. really? thats all it took? christ. I was expecting him to add 'summer romance' or something to the list

blea im disgusted with this show
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 02:11   Link #2947
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, for the devil's advocate part, both the Bamboo ep and the Sigh eps were rather good after the Endless Fail fiasco, so you won't lose anything from watching Sigh since you already watched the troll eps.
Old 2009-10-08, 03:53   Link #2948
mammothb

haha i guess the producers took the meaning of endless eight literally and made 8 episodes? in the novel they only wrote about what happened in the last E8(can u imagine having to read the endless eight chapters over and over again 8 times!?) and from the genre description on some anime site there was no romance inside :/ but i somehow felt a small bit of romance may start at the end of the last ep. so maybe if they make another season they will add romance into it?

oh btw, in the showing order of the 2nd season(the 28episodes) the last episode used was the exact same one as the first season's rit? because it felt kind of strange for me as last episodes usually end with some kind of epilogue that eats into the ending song(like melancholy VI)
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 04:13   Link #2949
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
blea im disgusted with this show
And that is why we told you not to watch Endless Eight.

Sighs is damn good, and the four remaining S1 episodes, if you haven't already watched them, are probably the best of the original season.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 04:18   Link #2950
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Why...oh why do I want to put an evil laugh here? I'm trying to decide if it should be one of the old classical evil villian type laughs (the start slow and low and built up to loud and insane), or stick to the more modern Beatrice type (just go for loud and crazy from the start).

Now imagine...instead of going through those eight episodes in a day, spending two months on it. Two months. While in just a few hours that ending might not seem worth it, but believe me, after two months, that ending was considered Epic. Over the top music, over the top hot blooded shouting over an mundane solution followed by a tsundere responce...after two months of being bored...it was perfect.

(Last episode of the current season airs later today, title is "Someday in the Rain")
Old 2009-10-08, 04:26   Link #2951
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

It's a shame the rest of E8 VIII was bad, even by E8 standards.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-08, 04:42   Link #2952
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
It's a shame the rest of E8 VIII was bad, even by E8 standards.
I really don't think this at all. I remember E8VII even less than any of the other episodes.
Old 2009-10-08, 05:29   Link #2953
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Then tell me. What, aside from the ending, was good about the last one?
Old 2009-10-08, 05:34   Link #2954
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Then tell me. What, aside from the ending, was good about the last one?
The art style. Aside from that and the ending, nothing else, but every E8 except III and VII did something artistic that I thought was cool.

What was so good about VII again...?
Old 2009-10-08, 07:59   Link #2955
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What was so good about VII again...?
THREE DAYS?! Kyon's hand in his butt. ENDLESS Shopping Mall.

Though I agree with quigonkenny that V was the best of the failed loops. It didn't have II's KyoAni lens flare, as Kaoishin likes to call it, but it had the quirks, angles and details of old-school Haruhi fame (plus it had around Sigh IV art quality):
  • spinning clock
  • reflection shots
  • background characters doing something significant
  • Nagato's apartment + airplane
  • cellphone calculator
  • Koizumi's exaggerated hand gestures
  • melancholic music in revelation scene, instead of the usual ominous BGM
  • loop in a loop
  • playground scene
  • and of course, Koizumi in a speedo
Old 2009-10-08, 08:02   Link #2956
mammothb

the light novel series is not completed rit?
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 08:51   Link #2957
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
There was also the Rambo Kyon firing fireworks.

Quote:
Though I agree with quigonkenny that V was the best of the failed loops. It didn't have II's KyoAni lens flare, as Kaoishin likes to call it, but it had the quirks, angles and details of old-school Haruhi fame (plus it had around Sigh IV art quality):
  • spinning clock
  • reflection shots
  • cellphone calculator
  • loop in a loop
  • playground scene
They also vary a bit the background here. Showing more the courage test, having the cicada hunt in the same temple they go on Sighs and having they play in that spining sphere.

I frankly think that if they did the same for all episodes, it would be considerable less tiresome.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 10:18   Link #2958
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Much lulz were had from this on a certain blog.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 17:02   Link #2959
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Okay, maybe THREE DAYS!? is worth watching that episode for.

Heck, except for III, they're all worth watching, I guess. You just need the right mindset...

Quote:
  • spinning clock
  • reflection shots
  • cellphone calculator
  • loop in a loop
  • playground scene
You have a point... I should probably watch that one again.
Old 2009-10-08, 23:33   Link #2960
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And that is why we told you not to watch Endless Eight.

Sighs is damn good, and the four remaining S1 episodes, if you haven't already watched them, are probably the best of the original season.
ya.. i know. like i said im sick so had nothing better to do i figured what the hell.. figured i better put it in bold letters to anyone else thinking about it to seriously skip them. My taste for the show has totally died now. I havent watched sigh or the rest of s1 or anything. I just stoped because i was so discusted with it. I know i should finish it but i really have zero desire to do it.

I have onechabara bikini samurai squad here from netflix. im going to watch that and get started on clanned i think.. maybe i'll feel like picking this up again soon, i generally dont like to leave stuff unfinished but right now i dont even wanna touch it

SERIOUSLY to anyone guessing about view order, just SKIP endless eight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Why...oh why do I want to put an evil laugh here? I'm trying to decide if it should be one of the old classical evil villian type laughs (the start slow and low and built up to loud and insane), or stick to the more modern Beatrice type (just go for loud and crazy from the start).

Now imagine...instead of going through those eight episodes in a day, spending two months on it. Two months. While in just a few hours that ending might not seem worth it, but believe me, after two months, that ending was considered Epic. Over the top music, over the top hot blooded shouting over an mundane solution followed by a tsundere responce...after two months of being bored...it was perfect.

(Last episode of the current season airs later today, title is "Someday in the Rain")
i cant even imagine putting up with that for 2 months. Jeeze the crap you fans put up with lol

cant belive you guys remember the details in the different episodes they just completly blurred into one mash of utter crap to me. I think the cold made it like twice as bad

i do remember kyons hands on his butt rhough for some reason.. christ wtf does that say about me o_O The only other things i remember are feeling really bad for Nagato, i think shes my fave. and finding the various reaction kyon had to the other guy sugesting maybe he'll try telling haruhi he loved her were kinda interesting. They never showed his face but the bodylanguage and reaction indicated he certainly didn't like it heh
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen