Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-06-01, 22:32   Link #21
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
On one hand, worldbuilding is always good and Oda is excellent at worldbuilding.

On the other hand, he's now doing even MORE set-up... and he hasn't been delivering very well on the set-up and payoffs recently (Wano had so much potential that was squandered)

Or in other words: we've got a lot of enemies out there, and it'd be nice to see them start being defeated... so can we hopefully go back to Egghead now? Yes, I know: such is the drawback for weekly manga chapters.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-02, 06:13   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Or in other words: we've got a lot of enemies out there, and it'd be nice to see them start being defeated... so can we hopefully go back to Egghead now? Yes, I know: such is the drawback for weekly manga chapters.
There's nothing left to tell for Sabo so I think we'll probably go back to Egghead at the end of next week chapter (I imagine we'll see Dragon's reaction to Imu first) or the one after that.
Old 2023-06-02, 17:31   Link #23
P_Dezz

Imu and the elders reminded me of Kakuzu and those mask beings he had in him
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-03, 12:54   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrdMonger View Post
I guess Wapol can kiss his marriage goodbye.
More like his entire kingdom, really.... for a second time, no less.

And on that note, I wonder if going on the lam will force Wapol to legitimately change for the better? Sorta like how he had to make a living for himself making toys back during his ministory, but something more... shall I say, permanent? And for less selfish reasons? Like maybe learning the truth of the WG's establishment would force him to rethink his ways? I know it's kind of a long shot, but I think that would make for some cool development for him. I mean, if even Celestial Dragons like Homing, Rosinante, and Mjosgard (all from the Donquixote family, no less) can change for the better, then surely there's hope for Wapol as well, yes...?

BTW, they addressed the possibility of Imu being one of the original 20, but I still think it's possible that the elders could be founders, as well. Either that, or they're the select few descendants entrusted with guarding the WG'S greatest secrets since they aren't dunderheads like the rest of the inbred mutants running the joint (which I guess is the more likely theory, but I still prefer the idea of the elders being founders, personally). Also, I'm still quite curious as to when those "Holy Knights" will come into play, especially if it's true that Shanks is among their number....

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-06-03 at 13:13.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-03, 18:38   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, they addressed the possibility of Imu being one of the original 20, but I still think it's possible that the elders could be founders, as well. Either that, or they're the select few descendants entrusted with guarding the WG'S greatest secrets since they aren't dunderheads like the rest of the inbred mutants running the joint (which I guess is the more likely theory, but I still prefer the idea of the elders being founders, personally). Also, I'm still quite curious as to when those "Holy Knights" will come into play, especially if it's true that Shanks is among their number....
As far as I recall, I don't think the Five Elders' existence is kept secret like Imu's, so I think it's very unlikely they're also immortals. People would have noticed.

With the confirmation the Elders and Imu are fighters (not surprising I know), it feels like there are just way too many enemies left to take out. No way the manga will end this decade.