AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf II - Episode 0 Rating
Perfect 10 38 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 25.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 14.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-07, 14:39   Link #81
ASR1FanSubs
Feeling Big in Your Chair

Send a message via ICQ to ASR1FanSubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
@ASR1FanSubs: I'm not following your logic in assigning your poll score to the OVA. You bothered to work on the fansub for it (lots of hard work) yet you scored it a "1"?

Did you mean "painful" because producing a fansub is, indeed, a painful affair?
Oh yeah, Crap I didnt notice when I click there. My apologizes there. I was busy tryint to untangle my leg from some cords I mustve clicked the wrong one.

I though both our and BSS where good subs, some parts in BSS didnt make sense TO ME like some parts in our own didnt make sense TO ME. And yes, in that sense yes IT was Painful it overall I think it was a great experience. We learn from our mistake. People Join in. Better Organization. We plan to focus more on quality next time.

Last edited by ASR1FanSubs; 2009-05-07 at 14:51.
Old 2009-05-07, 19:04   Link #82
Lightly_Toasted

When does episode 1 come out?
Old 2009-05-07, 19:52   Link #83
ASR1FanSubs

As of know we only know it will be in summer sometimes in July
Old 2009-05-07, 23:35   Link #84
Lightly_Toasted

AWWWWW that makes me
Old 2009-05-08, 00:20   Link #85
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASR1FanSubs View Post
Oh yeah, Crap I didnt notice when I click there. My apologizes there. I was busy tryint to untangle my leg from some cords I mustve clicked the wrong one.

I though both our and BSS where good subs, some parts in BSS didnt make sense TO ME like some parts in our own didnt make sense TO ME. And yes, in that sense yes IT was Painful it overall I think it was a great experience. We learn from our mistake. People Join in. Better Organization. We plan to focus more on quality next time.
I'll snap your v2 and take a look -- transcribing spoken dialog is *really challenging* even if the translator is a native speaker. One has to really understand the scene context, how the characters think, etc.

I'd offer to help in some way but what little free time I have is being swamped up by other activities (like trying to prep for the JLPT this winter and oh yeah, training for a new career :P).
Old 2009-05-08, 01:27   Link #86
ASR1FanSubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
AWWWWW that makes me
LMAO! HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH Nice
Old 2009-05-08, 01:34   Link #87
ASR1FanSubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'll snap your v2 and take a look -- transcribing spoken dialog is *really challenging* even if the translator is a native speaker. One has to really understand the scene context, how the characters think, etc.

I'd offer to help in some way but what little free time I have is being swamped up by other activities (like trying to prep for the JLPT this winter and oh yeah, training for a new career :P).
I panic when Our v1 came out bad(But the same guy who Time it and Encoded , already found a Timer and I didnt know) , so I went out looking for Timer and Encoder. BIG mistake IN MY PART. My orignal Encoder and Timer got pissed and I really hope he doesnt leave us LOL. Cos I wanna have the Orignal Staff on board
So, I learn that. Trust your members. and You are right. Japanese people have a hard time understanding English as we have ahard time understand them so it all make sense and even the same episode wont alwasy have the same exact Translations. But over all I think both BSS and ASR were accurate. I mean. if I say this: the Pencil in red is big. and you hear: The big Pencil is red. Overall you still get the same meaning right?
Old 2009-05-08, 02:37   Link #88
AlaAlba

http://www.anonimize.org/?http://www...atch/sm4846556
drama cd. first part is a bit similar like OVA, second part with the reverse position, Lawrence is sick, and having couples of crazy nightmares.
esp start 41:30 my stomach was really hurt , cant stop laughing

でありんす

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2009-05-08 at 02:48.
Old 2009-05-08, 09:48   Link #89
karumofin

man this episode was great!
a whole episode thats basically just a single long character moment, i highly enjoyed that. this series is really one of a kind.
Old 2009-05-09, 09:16   Link #90
Somnus
Eh?

At first I was worried the show had lost its touch with the whole dinner scene, since my interest in it was relatively low. Glad I was wrong for the remainder of the episode. Horo and Lawrence continue to be awesome, and holding out for S2 is going to be...hard.
Old 2009-05-10, 00:15   Link #91
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
What the hell was this episode. Where is my Horo? What happened to her? Why is she suddenly a moeblob?!

Awful. Terribly awful. I loved the series. I loved Horo. But they turned her in everything I hate about stereotypical anime characters. She was "moe" enough in the original series. Why the need to make her even more so? I'd almost call it insulting the character they've been portraying throughout the whole first series.

I hope this is just some coke-snorting producer's idea of hooking people into buying the OVA, and does not creep back into the mainline series. As it stands, this episode was almost completely irrelevant and didn't add anything to where the story dropped off, so there might just be enough hope yet.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2009-05-10, 02:21   Link #92
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
To tell the trueth even in novels she acted bit moe too. Anime just added a few more moa moments for her.
Old 2009-05-10, 09:09   Link #93
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

It's a side story...the first season was all dealing with the story's progression...no 'filler' episodes, but the anime episode '0' was a filler episode that has nothing to do with plot, or story advancement...so they're left with what they did, which once in a while kind of has a nice pull to it, and since it's not connected to the story, I'm fine with it.

but just remember, it's not part of the 'Story' ...it's part of the 'story'.

(I've got to stop saying sappy things that have no meaning...lol. part of the "Story," not the "story."...what the heck is that? lol)
Old 2009-05-10, 09:18   Link #94
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
To tell the trueth even in novels she acted bit moe too.
Then this episode in the novels sucks, too. That's not the Horo we've been shown during the first season.

EDIT: To respond to a negrepper, it's not that feelings are bad; it's the behavior that accompanies those feelings that sucks. It has nothing to do with what Horo was shown to be in the previous season. It has nothing to do with what made me like Horo.

Old 2009-05-10, 13:44   Link #95
Lightly_Toasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn16 View Post
It's a side story...the first season was all dealing with the story's progression...no 'filler' episodes, but the anime episode '0' was a filler episode that has nothing to do with plot, or story advancement...so they're left with what they did, which once in a while kind of has a nice pull to it, and since it's not connected to the story, I'm fine with it.

but just remember, it's not part of the 'Story' ...it's part of the 'story'.

(I've got to stop saying sappy things that have no meaning...lol. part of the "Story," not the "story."...what the heck is that? lol)

Well thats not 100% true, remember she picked up her new cloths in episode 7, so I guess you could say it wasn't entirely filler. But you guys also have to remember that she is sick, and as a result is more liable to let her guard down. This is also driven by the fact that her main romantic foe is with Lawrnce much of the episode...
Old 2009-05-10, 18:19   Link #96
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

hmm...that reminds me to re-read the novels and watch the anime, lol. I still must have missed so much about the characters...O_o
Old 2009-05-10, 22:28   Link #97
KanaKaishou

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Then this episode in the novels sucks, too. That's not the Horo we've been shown during the first season.

EDIT: To respond to a negrepper, it's not that feelings are bad; it's the behavior that accompanies those feelings that sucks. It has nothing to do with what Horo was shown to be in the previous season. It has nothing to do with what made me like Horo.
Hits the nail on the head, though, I'll admit, I still enjoyed the episode quite a bit. Horo finds that she is jealous of Nora, and isn't sure she likes the feeling. I'd buy that.
Old 2009-05-11, 13:09   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But what's the difference with "what's been shown in the first season", exactly? She's more passive and less self-assured, that's true. Maybe it has to do with the fact she was exhausted enough to collapse?

She's also less guarded about her feelings. When she's alone and talking to herself, compared to how she is with Lawrence. How is that surprising?
Old 2009-05-11, 19:16   Link #99
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

She's been turned into such an obvious basic tsundere moeblob in this episode. It's completely incongruent with the strong-willed, commanding and whimsical Horo we were shown in the first season. She had her moments of weakness, but they were so ridiculously exaggerated in this episode that it ended up disgusting me. She's been turned from a very complex character into a simple one that can be defined with just a word (tsundere).

Old 2009-05-12, 22:41   Link #100
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Like I've mentioned before, I'm on the same side as WanderingKnight on this issue. (Although I didn't dislike the episode like he seems to have)

There have been a lot of explanations trying to justify the change in Horo for this episode, but I still see it as a deliberate moe-fication of her character. The degree can be up for debate, but I don’t think the moe-fication itself is.
Closed Thread