AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-05-23, 19:29   Link #41
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Looks like it's just one new short story about the new YYK, plus a collection of old short stories from Cobalt. So don't get your hopes up yet. There won't be much new ground covered.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 07:31   Link #42
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
don't get your hopes up yet. There won't be much new ground covered.
Your pessimism is disheartening.. (; -w-)
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 08:28   Link #43
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Sorry, didn't mean to crush your hopes, just telling you what I know. She hasn't written a book full of new material, they've just taken a bunch of stuff that's already been in Cobalt before, wasn't published in books before, and added one new story about the new YYK.

Keep an eye out for what happens in October. If she writes a whole new book full of new material for then, I think then we can get all giddy and excited.
Old 2009-06-19, 23:12   Link #44
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Maria-sama Ga Miteru: Little Horrors is available for pre-order on bk1.jp, with a release date of 7/2009, so yeah, it's confirmed.

http://www.bk1.jp/product/03130568
Old 2009-07-09, 16:19   Link #45
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Finally got my copy of Little Horrors in the mail today. I haven't had a chance to read much of it yet, but I can confirm that it's pretty much like Variety Gift and the other short story collection books.

Spoiler for Mild Spoilers... nothing really Earth-shattering.:
Old 2009-12-09, 02:34   Link #46
Simon
気持ち悪い

Merry Christmas to all you novel fans, Watashi no Su (私の巣, "My Nest") is out on the 25th.

The title is from a short story published in Cobalt in 2007, but there are only two stories that haven't been anthologised yet so we can expect some original content. Either that or a very short book.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:12   Link #47
Simon
気持ち悪い

(OK, I have to post here after all because the main novels thread is closed.)

The 38th novel, 「ステップ」 Step, is out December 28th (info from Shueisha via Yuri na Hibi). Maybe Konno's going to make this an annual tradition? There's a brief synopsis at Mangaoh.
Old 2011-02-17, 06:03   Link #48
Sol Falling

Anyone else following the novel translations NR is doing at baka-tsuki? Volume 29 was finished last month, and now with Volume 30 we've finally touched on one of the last major developments of the series which has yet to be translated whether in the novels or the anime: Shimako's real family background (!!). Very exciting.

Well, aside from that there's also the series' finale which has been translated for some time now so I wonder if any Marimite fans here are still interested. Beyond that, I've also been extremely pleased to learn from Simon's posts here that there is material past the 34th volume. I really trust we'll get there eventually (well, various circumstances and the gaps in Marimite translations have even inspired me to start pursuing Japanese seriously myself).

For any fellow White Rose (or rather, Shimako...) fetishists, I also stumbled across recently a series of (non-h) Marimite doujins titled "Rosa Gigantea Party" scanlated by Tranquil Spring. Simply the best Marimite doujins I've found thus far, though I really stumbled late into this series, to find its fandom still active is really encouraging...

As the novel translation effort is the only major site of activity at the moment for this fandom, I nonetheless thought it would be nice if this forum saw some activity.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 12:52   Link #49
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Wow, I had completely forgotten about the novels translation project. I will be most eager to continue reading all the novels I have been missing. Cheers to all the translators and editors over bt!
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 01:40   Link #50
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Anyone else following the novel translations NR is doing at baka-tsuki? Volume 29 was finished last month, and now with Volume 30 we've finally touched on one of the last major developments of the series which has yet to be translated whether in the novels or the anime: Shimako's real family background (!!). Very exciting.

Well, aside from that there's also the series' finale which has been translated for some time now so I wonder if any Marimite fans here are still interested. Beyond that, I've also been extremely pleased to learn from Simon's posts here that there is material past the 34th volume. I really trust we'll get there eventually (well, various circumstances and the gaps in Marimite translations have even inspired me to start pursuing Japanese seriously myself).

For any fellow White Rose (or rather, Shimako...) fetishists, I also stumbled across recently a series of (non-h) Marimite doujins titled "Rosa Gigantea Party" scanlated by Tranquil Spring. Simply the best Marimite doujins I've found thus far, though I really stumbled late into this series, to find its fandom still active is really encouraging...

As the novel translation effort is the only major site of activity at the moment for this fandom, I nonetheless thought it would be nice if this forum saw some activity.
I have also been steadily following the translation work over at Baka-tsuki, and saw mentioned in the updates section that "Started translation of volume 30".
Old 2011-03-04, 15:32   Link #51
Simon
気持ち悪い

Review of the latest novel, Step.
Old 2011-04-28, 10:31   Link #52
tryllevegg

Wow, I didn't even know the novels were being translated! (I didn't know about Baka-tsuki either.) I have so much to catch up on, haha! I'm surprised the series hasn't been licensed yet though, I think it could do well. I will definitively buy the translated books if they are ever licensed in the future.
tryllevegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 04:33   Link #53
sa547
*Author

Okay... what else do we have? First is the tie-in with the live-action movie:
http://okazu.blogspot.com/2011/04/ma...you-ready.html

Second, from Yuuki's perspective:
http://okazu.blogspot.com/2011/04/li...mo-miteru.html
Old 2011-11-14, 02:50   Link #54
Sol Falling

Ch. 9, Volume 31 has just been translated...amazing resolution/conclusion to Shimako's backstory imo.

lol, I find difficulty even just putting it into words, man. Lemme just say that I've always loved the way Konno-sensei has handled the religious context in this series, and I really feel like this chapter ties it all together and makes it a tour de force. Shimako's character (her background; the people around her) has always been steeped in themes of transience, suffering, salvation, sublimity. I'm really touched now, like I finally know what makes her so beautiful. This's a really great chapter.

Man, the Maria-sama series is so amazing. I really love it all.
Old 2012-03-17, 13:01   Link #55
sa547
*Author

Come next month will be the epilogue:
Quote:
To end this report on a really, really positive note, April will be bringing a new Maria-sama ga Miteru work, Maria-sama ga Miteru ~ Farewell Bouquet (マリア様がみてる フェアウェル ブーケ) - in which we will be seeing, for the first time, Yumi as Rosa Chinensis! Yay! Okay, now the series can end if it has to. ^_^
http://okazu.blogspot.com/2012/03/yu...h-17-2012.html
Old 2012-03-17, 13:22   Link #56
Sol Falling

Don't see why this volume would have to be the last one, but I am indeed incredibly excited to actually see Rosa Chinensis Yumi (and Rosa Foetida Yoshino, and third year Rosa Gigantea Shimako, if I am allowed to be greedy). I will be looking forward to this one with the greatest anticipation.

lol, actually, I've just been on a Maria-sama ga Miteru binge over this past week. Reread about 5 or 6 of the translated novels. So, coincidentally, I have been just recently thinking that the ~36 volumes of this series still aren't enough to satisfy all of my love for these characters :P.

Thanks for passing the information along. It's really really great news.
Old 2012-04-17, 07:39   Link #57
Sol Falling

Detective Shimako~. Heh, the latest update to Vol. 27 was quite the twist. Well, I've been curious about these Valentine's dates for quite a long time, since the only one which we've seen adapted up til now was Yumi's hospital trip together with Touko. Good stuff.
Old 2012-05-01, 19:52   Link #58
sa547
*Author

Well, it's now on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4...SIN=4086016311
Old 2012-05-11, 10:20   Link #59
Qilin
Romanticist

After hearing nothing of this series for a couple of years, I finally recalled why I love this series so much. It's surprising how the novels contain a wealth of internal monologues, alternate perspectives, and side stories that the anime adaptation failed to explore. Still, whether animated or written, it is apparent that this story's strengths lie in its heartfelt character interactions.

Anyway, feeling kinda bummed about the crammed ending of the fourth season, I decided to go for the novel translations, though I waited for volume 27 to come out to continue with the parts the anime left out.

I just finished reading volumes 27 up to 29 in Baka-Tsuki, so I'm going to tackle each volume one-by-one:

Spoiler for volume 27:

Spoiler for volume 28:

Spoiler for volume 29:
Old 2012-05-11, 10:26   Link #60
sa547
*Author

I kind of missed their presence, makes me yearn about when they'll (I mean Studio Deen) bring up the possible final season. The saga never fails to chronicle about the girls' relationships and their lives, all the while I love to see Sachiko grow up.

Tags
cobalt bunko, light novels, shoujo