Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-08, 12:23   Link #221
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
If real then holy ****, anime of the year hahaha; at least the bold part is highly believable.
The last time a super group of the biggest names that could be assembled at the time worked on a series we got Guilty Crown. Hype is an illussion and fleeting, reality is forever and anything can happen good or bad, that's why I always wait for the actual shows to get well under way before even thinking to suggest something like this. That and I don't like to get ahead of myself and have my theories proven wrong.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 13:05   Link #222
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
The list looks cleverly thought-out on first glance (I mean, anyone should be expecting Suzuki Shingo on this, and there's been this Narita rumor around for a while...), but wasn't GoRA-Project supposed to be made of 7 people? It'd be pretty surprising if the announcement only included 3 of the script writers.
They don't necessarily have to announce everyone, sometimes they hide names to build hype. I did previously state that it doesn't match the English page's intro info completely (but that information's open to interpretation), so I do agree with you albeit for a slightly different reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Well, the PVs have had a slight Durarara vibe to them, but I'm not sure if I buy Narita's involvement. That seems too much like fanboy speculation -- might as well say this is Urobuchi Gen's secret project and CLAMP's doing the the character design and Jun Fukuyama will voice every single character.
I generally assume fanboy are not well-informed individuals, and this person at least did some of his homework. S/he very well can be completely wrong, but I wouldn't compare this to random nonsense though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The last time a super group of the biggest names that could be assembled at the time worked on a series we got Guilty Crown. Hype is an illussion and fleeting, reality is forever and anything can happen good or bad, that's why I always wait for the actual shows to get well under way before even thinking to suggest something like this. That and I don't like to get ahead of myself and have my theories proven wrong.
Nah, usually I don't post info that I think isn't reliable, so times like these it's more of a "Oh hey, this is how a dream team would be like" and I clearly state that this is not completely believable by providing evidence of my doubt; therefore, I don't see where the hype come from (certainly not me). GC was entirely ruined by the script, everything else range from decent to top notch, which is why I only talk about the script in the translation.

Besides, getting proven wrong is the fun part, it tells you what people are interested in and what sort of people are getting attention. Think about it this way, do you actually know enough to compile a list like this and make it semi-believable? Others like to speculate plot, some others like to speculate VAs, I don't see how intellectual staff speculation is any different.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 15:23   Link #223
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
From the preview, it looks interesting. What's supposed to be about anyway? Is it coming in winter or fall?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 15:47   Link #224
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Besides, getting proven wrong is the fun part, it tells you what people are interested in and what sort of people are getting attention. Think about it this way, do you actually know enough to compile a list like this and make it semi-believable? Others like to speculate plot, some others like to speculate VAs, I don't see how intellectual staff speculation is any different.
I was more referring to the fact that even if you assemble a dream team of popular staff members with good track records there's no absolute guarantee that they're going to be able to work together to create a top notch anime. Sometimes dream teams net you a Chrono Trigger, other times they get you a Brain Powerd or GC.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 21:40   Link #225
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
If real then holy ****, anime of the year hahaha; at least the bold part is highly believable.
I was already plenty interested with this anime from the start, and with each new info, my interest kept on building up to the point where I grew really optimistic about this show a long time ago.

Now though ... well, this is certainly hype worthy news, and very exciting to see them bringing into the project some pretty famous writers to handle it.

Though, while I'm happy with Narita-san, Nasu-san is just ... well, I would be more than happy if it turns out to be true and even though I have my issues with some elements of his stories, I do think he's a pretty good overall and at times can write some great and compelling situations and plots, but I'm honestly expecting a good part of his contribution here will be a lot of confusing paradoxical philosophy and the occasional mumbo-jumbo that no one ever gets.

Still, it would be pretty amazing if he was indeed a scriptwriter here. Does it say who is the chief writer for the project though?

Of course, this is if the leak turns out to be true. It sounds pretty convincing going by what we learned about the anime and how much it gives of a high concept work, but there is always the chance this might turn out to be a really well thought out hoax. I personally hope it isn't though, since this is pretty much a dream team here.

That said it's still pretty impressive just how much is being added into this show. Great designs and animation, and now pretty well known writers now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It's a little hard to believe that Nasu would contribute to something that doesn'thave the Type-Moon label slapped on it. I'm sure this has hype already for many reasons, but simply having type-moon on it is a huge hype factor of its own i'm sure they'd love for marketing. Why would they keep something like that hidden?
Well, if the leak is true, it's not actually getting a Type-Moon label on it, but just happens to have the main writer of Type-Moon being a script writer on the staff.

It's not an exact comparison, but this seems a whole lot like how it was with Blue Literature, with how they had compiled a lot of prolific writers and creators to work on adapting classic novels. It's sort of the same here, with it being ''Writer Nasu Kinoko, of Type-Moon fame, and Narita Ryougo of Durarara ...'' so that's why they aren't really focusing much on the whole Type-Moon connection, because outside of Nasu being the chief writer, this isn't actually connected to Type-Moon at all, like how it isn't connected to DRRRRRR outside of having the same writer. If that makes sense.

As for it being a little hard to think that he might work on something not Type-Moon related ... thinking back, when he was asked about his future work load and what he said ... Nasu did specify that was the planned Type-Moon overall work load, not his own ...

That bastard ...
Old 2012-08-09, 02:40   Link #226
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Still, it would be pretty amazing if he was indeed a scriptwriter here. Does it say who is the chief writer for the project though?
Arakawa Naruhisa , and that's the part of the leak that makes me go WTF,but maybe it's weird enough to be real.Maybe his role is just to coordinate the work of the other writers.
Old 2012-08-09, 08:36   Link #227
Iggy_Pop

I'm actually more familiar with Naruhisa Arakawa's work in Tokusatsu than anime, here's hoping he can do a great job, I really like Kuuga and Gokaiger.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 09:29   Link #228
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Arakawa Naruhisa , and that's the part of the leak that makes me go WTF,but maybe it's weird enough to be real.Maybe his role is just to coordinate the work of the other writers.
In any case, Arakawa is now confirmed to be working on the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha anime. Not that it necessarily helps our case since it can be interpreted in the two opposite ways - pro: he's back to being quite active in the anime world after not doing anything for a while, con: he might be too busy to do this, considering he's been writing the Kingdom anime as well. I think the latter is realistic and still don't really buy the staff list, but the official cast reveal isn't that far away anyway.
Old 2012-08-11, 17:23   Link #229
NegishiMusic

1st PV Trailer Music

Nice day to all!

I went through all discusion and I was little bit surprised that there was no mention about beautiful instrumental music from 1st PV, but someone noticed Angela track from 3rd PV.

I hope that the leaked staff info is allright and music is composed by Tsuneyoshi SAITO.

P.S. Anyone like the music from 1st PV?
I really like combination of strings and piano with subtle electronics - relaxing almost uplifting mood of composition and how it fits all scenes in video like a glove.
I hope there will be soundtrack...
NegishiMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 05:34   Link #230
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Shingo Suzuki is confirmed as the director and character designer of K. More details to follow...
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 06:03   Link #231
justpassingby

Mikako-shi is going to sing the ED theme. Can't wait. So I guess the (undisclosed) PV that she took and has this white cat is the song

The ED song is 「冷たい部屋、一人」 Tsumetai Heya, Hitori (Alone in the Cold Room)

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-08-12 at 07:24.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 06:16   Link #232
Katapan
俺様祭り

This is apparently the second Animeism series of the fall too. Next line-up after Eureka Seven AO - Joshiraku will be Zetsuen no Tempest - K.
Old 2012-08-12, 06:21   Link #233
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
This is apparently the second Animeism series of the fall too. Next line-up after Eureka Seven AO - Joshiraku will be Zetsuen no Tempest - K.
All action, all the time. Action Thursdays with pretty boys and girls on MBS!
Old 2012-08-12, 07:23   Link #234
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The staff listing is out, and it looks like the leak was mostly wrong: http://k-project.jpn.com/staff_cast/
Old 2012-08-12, 07:38   Link #235
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well I'm just as clueless about who's writing this as I was yesterday since I have no idea who's in GoRA
Old 2012-08-12, 08:02   Link #236
Katapan
俺様祭り

BD/DVD vol. 1 and 2 will be released simultaneously on 11/7 (quite the odd marketing strategy there). They respectively include episode 1 and episodes 2/3, which seems to be suggesting that this is a 1-cour series.
Old 2012-08-12, 10:10   Link #237
NegishiMusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegishiMusic View Post
Nice day to all!

I went through all discusion and I was little bit surprised that there was no mention about beautiful instrumental music from 1st PV, but someone noticed Angela track from 3rd PV.

I hope that the leaked staff info is allright and music is composed by Tsuneyoshi SAITO.

P.S. Anyone like the music from 1st PV?
I really like combination of strings and piano with subtle electronics - relaxing almost uplifting mood of composition and how it fits all scenes in video like a glove.
I hope there will be soundtrack...
So music is by Mikio Endo...quite new name in anime scoring.
But if this composer is behind trailer music...I have no doubts in his scoring abilities.
NegishiMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 02:21   Link #238
dark998

Interesing the scenario writer uses a code name like GoRA. That way people won't create stupid expectations that can't be meet regarding the story.

And a bonus unrelated to the above comment.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18539614
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18587784
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 05:48   Link #239
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's not a code name. GoRA is a group name for the 7 people involved in the creation of the show's concept. They haven't announced who those people are though.
Old 2012-08-13, 08:35   Link #240
Cloudy

In b4 one of the writers is revealed to be Butcher Gen.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural