AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-10-22, 20:33   Link #101
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Would you say Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei made Shaft what it is today?

I haven't seen any of their stuff from before that show, but it seems to me like some of their hallmarks (the often flat, minimalist character designs, their occasional cynical viewpoints and dark humor, and their arguable love of mentally and/or socially troubled female characters) stemmed in part from SZS and Koji Kumeta. Even if you didn't know any better, wouldn't you have guessed that SZS, Monogatari, Madoka and Sasami-san were made by the same studio and director?
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 02:35   Link #102
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Would you say Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei made Shaft what it is today?

I haven't seen any of their stuff from before that show, but it seems to me like some of their hallmarks (the often flat, minimalist character designs, their occasional cynical viewpoints and dark humor, and their arguable love of mentally and/or socially troubled female characters) stemmed in part from SZS and Koji Kumeta. Even if you didn't know any better, wouldn't you have guessed that SZS, Monogatari, Madoka and Sasami-san were made by the same studio and director?
Definitely their signature referential humour started back in Pani Poni but that signature directing style began with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and as for lesser infulence, Arakawa Under the Bridge is the anime to look for its plain absurd humour. All these influenced Bakemonogatari and without those components it would have been entirely different show not as popular as it could have been.

One thing I think is that Shaft especially seems to be better in making Slice of Life type of shows with good light-hearted humours and has its own uniqueness that no production has. I wish Shaft would go back to their former days, nowadays fanservice became a bolder and bolder and the script became a lot loose that I can't genuinely find anything funny in anime they make these days. Or they need to find another comic to adapt in the style of Kumeta Koji. These days, it's too abstract.
Old 2013-11-07, 00:48   Link #103
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Definitely their signature referential humour started back in Pani Poni but that signature directing style began with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and as for lesser infulence, Arakawa Under the Bridge is the anime to look for its plain absurd humour. All these influenced Bakemonogatari and without those components it would have been entirely different show not as popular as it could have been.
Huh? The Arakawa Under the Bridge adaptation post-dates Bakemonogatari by a year.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 09:29   Link #104
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

click for bigger etc

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 20:15   Link #105
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Looking over that chart, there's probably no seiyu that's contributed more to SHAFT's success than Saitou Chiwa.
Old 2013-12-24, 03:53   Link #106
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

^ I'm not sure but I think Chiwa and Kamiya started their careers with shaft and shinbo.

Also, behold! Shaft's attempts at 3D animation!!! xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmtjT1hlbyk
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 06:12   Link #107
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
^ I'm not sure but I think Chiwa and Kamiya started their careers with shaft and shinbo.

Also, behold! Shaft's attempts at 3D animation!!! xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmtjT1hlbyk
Chiwa was Lavie in Last Exile and Anita King in R.O.D TV, both major roles at least a year before Hazuki...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
studios