AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 11:23   Link #41
Echoes

Super-late on the second installment, but I might as well comments, since there's sadly not too much going on in this thread.

While not as strong as the first episode, this was nevertheless a great addition to the series. We got Hana-Kana as Ieyasu, how could I possibly complain, right? If there's anything to point my finger at, I thought that there might've been a little too much drama; the shift was sort of jarring. But I don't even know what sort of story they're building up to in this show, so I've no right to complain just yet. The montage where Ieyasu went around and attempted to fit in with different groups of singers and dancers was my favorite part of the episode. A wonderfully executed segment that was both hilarious and ridiculously cute.

I wonder a little bit about why more people aren't paying attention to this show. It's colorful, full of energy and genuinely funny. Cute character designs and entertaining personalities.

Give it a spin skeptics; it's a lot of fun!
Old 2012-04-16, 15:08   Link #42
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Super-late on the second installment, but I might as well comments, since there's sadly not too much going on in this thread.

While not as strong as the first episode, this was nevertheless a great addition to the series. We got Hana-Kana as Ieyasu, how could I possibly complain, right? If there's anything to point my finger at, I thought that there might've been a little too much drama; the shift was sort of jarring. But I don't even know what sort of story they're building up to in this show, so I've no right to complain just yet. The montage where Ieyasu went around and attempted to fit in with different groups of singers and dancers was my favorite part of the episode. A wonderfully executed segment that was both hilarious and ridiculously cute.

I wonder a little bit about why more people aren't paying attention to this show. It's colorful, full of energy and genuinely funny. Cute character designs and entertaining personalities.

Give it a spin skeptics; it's a lot of fun!

Maybe because people are tired of the sengoku stuff?

But, well, I agree with you, this is a funny and cute anime. ^^
Old 2012-04-16, 15:12   Link #43
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoaxe View Post
Maybe because people are tired of the sengoku stuff?
That point is more than fair, as the concept has been done and overdone, the market might be saturated and people could be turned off by the title alone. A shame if that's the case, though.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:17   Link #44
ujiuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
This Spring has a greater than normal number of shows that look to be outside the norm and of high quality. Yet another show about gender-flipped versions of famous warlords from history or classic literature isn't going to register with many people. There haven't even been any ecchi scenes or fighting to tempt viewers.

What I'm finding interesting is the fairly normal everyday modern world our heroines have been transported to and the people they encounter in. In fact I'm finding the supporting characters the most interesting thing about the show. I hope, once they have introduced all the main cast, we'll see the supporting cast return and play a part in the story Behind all the cute shenanigans, for me, they give the show its heart.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 01:37   Link #45
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
2nd episode was kind of boring, lacked the humor of the first one.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 13:26   Link #46
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 18:30   Link #47
Midonin
Last Engage

emotO ukogneS 03 - Unpleasantville

+2 glowy orbs for Nobunaga. In a season that's already brimming with yuri, this has to rank up there as one of the most yuritastic episodes yet. Kanetsugu and Kenshin were doing everything short of jumping into bed with each other... and "Pure Angel" apparently wasn't a title just for show. Those wings look to be the real deal. The thing with the sudden onset color blindness was a little odd, but perhaps it was metaphoric. I wonder if the timewarp dealy warped the girls to different times as well as places - like, within a few years of each other. Their stories are separated by a great distance; never once have they run into each other.

Comparing this episode's Kenshin and Kanetsugu to other variations is easy. They're a lot sweeter than either of them. Sengoku Otome's Kenshin was war-hungry and more than a little crazy, while Hyakkaryouran's Kanetsugu was exactly the same. More than a little crazy. I wonder where the show's going with this slow burn.

As for next week: "One-eyed Dragon". Oh, come on. That's too easy of a target even for me.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 19:27   Link #48
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Glad Kanetsugu got the color back. So Nobunaga got 2 more. Feel like she'll be the only one that wants to return after all the other girls are introduced. Hopefully we'll get to see more of how she spends her time.
Old 2012-04-19, 20:23   Link #49
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Don't wear Yuri goggles when watching the episode,it might shatter them from Yuri overdose.

Thanks to the yuri I enjoyed this week's episode more than last week's and next week's character peeks my interest so I'll stick around.

Though from the OP there's enough characters for 7 episodes only so at some point there's going to have to be some sort of plot that comes up in the last few episodes beyond just collecting orbs.
Old 2012-04-19, 21:58   Link #50
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so this week ep we had Kanetsugu & Kenshin give already adjust in modern world & yet also YURI in it too!!!

ok with mam noto & mai nakahara in it (yea got wonder if partner in yuri aka mam's ayako & mai's Ai Shimizu will be in it too?)

oh another cameo Nobunaga get another treasure & next ep is date.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 14:38   Link #51
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
The episode was actually decent until Kenshin used the cooking angle to restore Kanetsugu's self-confidence. From that point on just WTF

Also, they missed an excellent opportunity for drama when Kanetsugu after feeling miserable comes back home to find her lovers clothes on the front porch, and instead of ending the scene with catching her cheating on her, they settled for a tame banner as towel such a waste
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 17:15   Link #52
ujiuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I wonder if the timewarp dealy warped the girls to different times as well as places - like, within a few years of each other. Their stories are separated by a great distance; never once have they run into each other.
During the scooter ride in the first episode they passed a lorry with Rosary's picture on the side. (Advertising her latest single I suppose). So I don't think they can be separated very much in time. In a large city - Yokohama? - it's very easy not to bump into someone you know.

My speculations are that -
a. Nobunaga doesn't remember the - Honnou-ji equivalent - events leading up to her appearance in the modern world. There's a big change in her demeanour between closing her eyes in the past while falling from the burning temple and opening them in the present. It doesn't strike me as merely the change in scenery that's a shock, she seems to be completely amazed to find herself in mid-air. If she did remember would she be so keen to go back to a world where it seems only defeat and death await?
b. The three miko were hesitant when Nobunaga talked about plundering the other warriors treasures so the miko could use the power to send her back. I think there's another, more co-operative, way to use that power.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 05:27   Link #53
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Does anyone know what type of dance the kimono girls were doing in episode 2? I frequently see dances like that on Nico Douga.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 12:56   Link #54
Midonin
Last Engage

emotO ukogneS 04 - Jailhouse, Without the Rock

This is a reversal of Sengoku Otome in more than just premise. It's this episode where I realized the tone is also reversed. The first episode was by far the least like the ones that followed. Maybe it and the third are similar, but the second and fourth... there's a certain crushing sense of gravitas that the art style doesn't necessarily indicate. Rosary's jadedness over her profession, and the entire ordeal that Masamune went through indicate an almost Nitro+ like atmosphere. A little less polished and looser, but I sense it.

Sengoku Hideyoshi sweetened everything by her presence. War was replaced with recre-ation. But in this world, blood has been spilled. It's every man for themselves. For being a "women in prison" story, the fanservice was once again almost nonexistent. There was that pan up at the start (mmm... dark-skinned fighting beauty), but it was too crushing to be considered erotic. The miko trio are the only thing giving levity in this world, it seems.

Nobunaga didn't even get a glowy orb this time.

I have no idea who Toden is, for I've never encountered him/her in an anime before, but the tone looks less gritty than this week. This show is unraveling in an interesting direction.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 13:19   Link #55
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Finished watching episode 4.
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 15:54   Link #56
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Episode 4 was hilariously awful, which was better than the tedium of the last two episodes. If this series can keep up the "quality" of episode 4, I might last until the end.

So much potential with a women in prison premise (and shades of Cool Hand Luke with the hole digging), but not used very well. The "riot" was amusing too. It's like they ran out of what little budget they had right there and just had to show shuffling feet. The random plate glass window that the trustee got thrown through (and that Masumune escaped through later!?) had me shaking my head, along with the scene where the stooge calls his boss from prison. Yeah, hilarious episode.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 19:21   Link #57
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Poor Masamune, hope she gets more screen time. Interesting that there was no swapping of the treasures this ep.
Old 2012-04-26, 19:22   Link #58
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Poor Masamune, hope she gets more screen time. Interesting that there was no swapping of the treasures this ep.
Yeah,I'm sad that I won't be seeing her next episode,she's by far my favorite character so far
Old 2012-04-28, 04:55   Link #59
EroKing

Date Masamune and Oda Nobunaga as never seen before...
Old 2012-04-28, 06:08   Link #60
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Was this the same anime? It's like they have completely different teams for odd and even episodes

Not that I complain, ep.4 was great (despite a couple of lame moments), and Masamune was
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, historical, shounen