AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-17, 04:24   Link #21741
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post

Anyway, going back to the topic of the manga (since it seems that we have gotten a little off-topic, due to the sad news ), what do you think the next chapter is going to be about...

If I have to put any guesses I would say that it's going to be mostly about Tsukune's rematch with Kuyou, with some small mention on what is currently going on with Kurumu and Mizore...

After all, I still believe that Tsukune is going to undergo some interesting developments, during his fight with Kuyou... which will make him "ready" to face Akua...

Unless you want me to say that he is going to have to fight someone else, like Kahula for example ? Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't believe that's likely, because, from the looks of it, she seems to be in Miyabi's division - at least it seems that way, based upon the statement Miyabi has made in the Yuki Onna village, where Miyabi has said, that he is the one who recruited her...

Not to mention that fighting Kahula wouldn't be wise, especially before Tsukune's big fight against Akua, since even if Tsukune has a superior amount of youkai energy compared to an ordinary vampire, it's quite certain that there is a limit on the amount of energy he can safely use, so taking part in a lot of fights, before Tsukune faces Akua, would be, in my opinion, a little reckless...

I agree with pretty much all of your points, except for Kahlua being in Miyabi's subdivision. Since she's Gyokuro's daughter, I surmise she works at HQ, she only assisted the First Subdivision in the Snow Maiden sortie with her mother's permission. I don't doubt she's helping Miyabi more than her mother would approve, but that's just a small complaint. I think we'll see exactly where she stands soon enough.

As for Tsukune, yes, Kuyou makes for the perfect, um, warm-up, before his epic showdown with Akuha. And regardless of how much of a mismatch it looks on paper, I'm still pulling for Tsukune. He must defeat Akuha and demonstrate that he's Moka's destined one, not her. After that, who can say, though I doubt we'll ever see Akuha again after this arc. I, for one, won't miss her.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 05:34   Link #21742
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Anyway, going back to the topic of the manga (since it seems that we have gotten a little off-topic, due to the sad news ), what do you think the next chapter is going to be about...
~ 75 % Tsukune versus Kyou and ~ 25 % Kurumi, Mizore, Miyabi, Kiria would be my guess. Maybe a short cut-in to Alucard's chamber or to Gyokuro for a few comments or so.

What I'd like to see? Tsukune overwhelms Kyou during the first few combat exchanges until the latter decides to go full-power. Just to show a power outline and to make Kuyou think "WTF just happened"
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 10:49   Link #21743
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
I agree with pretty much all of your points, except for Kahlua being in Miyabi's subdivision. Since she's Gyokuro's daughter, I surmise she works at HQ, she only assisted the First Subdivision in the Snow Maiden sortie with her mother's permission. I don't doubt she's helping Miyabi more than her mother would approve, but that's just a small complaint. I think we'll see exactly where she stands soon enough.

As for Tsukune, yes, Kuyou makes for the perfect, um, warm-up, before his epic showdown with Akuha. And regardless of how much of a mismatch it looks on paper, I'm still pulling for Tsukune. He must defeat Akuha and demonstrate that he's Moka's destined one, not her. After that, who can say, though I doubt we'll ever see Akuha again after this arc. I, for one, won't miss her.
Kahlua has been trained to follow orders from a young age. In the Snow Village Arc, Miyabi told her no matter what the boss (Gyokuro) says hes the one who hired her and her alone. Gyokuro being Kahlua's mother i'm unsure if Kahlua will side with her but at the same time her love for her sister Moka seems to be on her mind, i'm hoping that she'll join Tsukune's group in the future to help Moka. But i believe Kahlua is on Miyabi's side for the time being.

I totally agree, Tsukune needs to prove to Moka Akashiya that hes not only her destined one by defeating Akua but to show that he is capable of finally standing on his own two legs without needing help. Kuyou will make a nice guinea pig to test Tsukune's abilities but i'm starting to wonder if Miyabi set this up to see how strong Tsukune is.
Old 2012-02-17, 14:51   Link #21744
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Tsuki needs to get on Shuzen's good side, so Shuzen takes Tsuki's possition and tells Gyokuro to go back being a house wife and sit in the kitchen and stop the twisted and bent plans on world domination.

(dont mean to offend any feminist in this statement)
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 14:56   Link #21745
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... you're obviously not aware that if you go tell a woman to stay in the kitchen, it also happens to be where all the knives are kept. Add two and two from there.

And on a random side note, interesting choice of avy (and yes, I have seen it)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 15:02   Link #21746
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
Tsuki needs to get on Shuzen's good side, so Shuzen takes Tsuki's possition and tells Gyokuro to go back being a house wife and sit in the kitchen and stop the twisted and bent plans on world domination.

(dont mean to offend any feminist in this statement)
Gyokuro: HEY RAT! WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD YET?!

Tsukune: Why aren't you in the kitchen?

Issa: LOL!

Akasha: Bitch got told!

OWNED

(No offense to feminist either i respect women very much but i did this for teh lulz)

Last edited by Tachibana; 2012-02-17 at 15:13.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 15:08   Link #21747
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... you're obviously not aware that if you go tell a woman to stay in the kitchen, it also happens to be where all the knives are kept. Add two and two from there.
mmm good point..
Tell her to stay home be a house wife, take up fan dancing and flower arrangements like a typical Ojou?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Gyokuro: HEY RAT! WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD YET?!

Tsukune: Why aren't you in the kitchen?

Issa: LOL!

Akasha: Bitch got told!

OWNED
LOLOL....
Old 2012-02-17, 15:09   Link #21748
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Kahlua has been trained to follow orders from a young age. In the Snow Village Arc, Miyabi told her no matter what the boss (Gyokuro) says hes the one who hired her and her alone. Gyokuro being Kahlua's mother i'm unsure if Kahlua will side with her but at the same time her love for her sister Moka seems to be on her mind, i'm hoping that she'll join Tsukune's group in the future to help Moka. But i believe Kahlua is on Miyabi's side for the time being.

I totally agree, Tsukune needs to prove to Moka Akashiya that hes not only her destined one by defeating Akua but to show that he is capable of finally standing on his own two legs without needing help. Kuyou will make a nice guinea pig to test Tsukune's abilities but i'm starting to wonder if Miyabi set this up to see how strong Tsukune is.
Well, Miyabi should already have known how strong Tsukune is, since he fought him, before, and Hokuto definitely made him aware of the fact that Tsukune has learned youjutsu techniques, and is capable of wiping out an entire room full of monsters with a single technique...

Furthermore, I doubt that Kuyou is strong enough to withstand the full potential of Tsukune's Shinso power (currently represented by Tsukune's "new" berserk form), since I don't think that Tsukune is consciously able to control that power yet... although, like I said earlier, Kuyou should be strong enough to bring Tsukune to the limit of power that he is currently capable of controlling, after which Tsukune's "berserk form" is going to be most likely brought out again...

On another topic, let's not forget that there are 1 or 2 Fairy Tale subdivision leaders that haven't been introduced yet, and while I hope that they will appear after Tsukune's reinforcements appear ( In the form of Tohou Fuhai, Gin, Kokoa and the rest of the group that have been training in Hong Kong), but since at times this manga is pretty unpredictable they could also appear before Tsukune's group and Kurumu's and Mizore's group right now (or at least, after Tsukune's battle with Kuyou is over), which would be a problem, since I think that they don't have much time, before Alucard fully resurrects.

Last edited by Chris38; 2012-02-18 at 02:10.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 05:07   Link #21749
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Well, Miyabi should already have known how strong Tsukune is, since he fought him, before, and Hokuto definitely made him aware of the fact that Tsukune has learned youjutsu techniques, and is capable of wiping out an entire room full of monsters with a single technique...

Furthermore, I doubt that Kuyou is strong enough to withstand the full potential of Tsukune's Shinso power (currently represented by Tsukune's "new" berserk form), since I don't think that Tsukune is consciously able to control that power yet... although, like I said earlier, Kuyou should be strong enough to bring Tsukune to the limit of power that he is currently capable of controlling, after which Tsukune's "berserk form" is going to be most likely brought out again...

On another topic, let's not forget that there are 1 or 2 Fairy Tale subdivision leaders that haven't been introduced yet, and while I hope that they will appear after Tsukune's reinforcements appear ( In the form of Tohou Fuhai, Gin, Kokoa and the rest of the group that have been training in Hong Kong), but since at times this manga is pretty unpredictable they could also appear before Tsukune's group and Kurumu's and Mizore's group right now (or at least, after Tsukune's battle with Kuyou is over), which would be a problem, since I think that they don't have much time, before Alucard fully resurrects.
Oh, I'm pretty sure Kuyou will push Tsukune to the limit, I'd expect no less from him. There's a year of bad blood boiling in his veins, and he plans to unleash it against our troubled hero in the next chapter. Hopefully that's a secure dimension, because if not, there's a chance Tsukune could awaken Alucard by going into his new berserk form. Then it would be game over for everyone.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the group ran into either Gairen (because of Miyabi) or the last subdivision leader before they reach Alucard's lair. And there's also the chance Gyokuro herself might appear thanks to Miyabi's obvious treachery. They might duke it out there and then, while the others go forward towards their destiny. And as you said, the clock is ticking. Time is running out, both for Moka and their world. The next chapter will undoubtedly be epic, and then some.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 07:35   Link #21750
Chris38

@Alhazad2003

Personally, I doubt that Alucard is going to be awakened, because of Tsukune's powers going out of control during his fight with Kuyou, due to the fact that if Moka wouldn't be saved, this arc wouldn't have a lot of sense...

Not to mention the fact that I really doubt that Ikeda is an author who would actually kill his main female protagonist (which is undoubtedly Moka).

Furthermore, I don't see the point of Alucard awakening at the moment, since first of all - the protagonists are too weak to have a chance of surviving such an encounter, since Inner Moka's Shinso blood is still sealed by the Rosario, not to mention that I doubt she is capable of drawing or controlling the full extent of her Shinso powers, due to the fact that they where sealed shortly after she has awakened them, and after she met Tsukune, well I haven't seen anything that would actually suggest that she has been training to become stronger. (though, I'm quite sure that Tsukune's outstanding progress, during their one month separation is definitely going to change that )... and I probably don't have to mention, how much control Tsukune has in controlling his power (although his confrontation with Kuyou is definitely going to change that a little)

Overall, I think that you would agree that Tsukune and Moka are still children, at least compared to Alucard... in other words, they are no match for him.

The second reason, why I doubt that Alucard is going to be revived is because.. this arc is probably going to introduce a lot of enemies that Tsukune, Moka and their friends would need to deal with, making their third year at Youkai Academy a quite eventful event...

I mean we already have been introduced to the Masked King, and Miyabi along with Kiria and Hokuto are definitely up to no good, and I definitely see them returning as major antagonists, once this arc is over.

There is also the fact that, most likely the truth about Tsukune - that he was a human who obtained the blood of a Shinso vampire - is going to become public after his confrontation with Akua, which would probably turn a large portion of the vampire population against Tsukune and Moka - who's probably going to be blamed for creating such an "abomination" like Tsukune (at least that's how I think a lot of vampires are going to consider Tsukune's "status", considering how vampires have been portrayed in this series so far )

Anyway, the protagonists are definitely going to have their hands full, after this arc is over, and also adding Alucard into the equation is definitely going to be too much trouble, at least at the current moment, since I definitely see him being brought into the picture, after the protagonists deal with a few of their future potential enemies...

Oh, and before I forget, there is also the matter of Tsukune's "human" family becoming aware of the changes that he underwent as well as the fact that he is going to a school for monsters, which I believe is going to happen, after the current arc is over - done in a similar fashion as it happened near the end of the first season of the manga - after all, like I said earlier Tsukune has definitely made some pretty powerful enemies and some of them *cough* The Masked King *cough*, don't care about the law preventing ayashi from taking part in the affair's of the human world, so once Tsukune's origins are going to be revealed, his human family is definitely going to be in danger and would require protection either from the Youkai Academy or the Wong family - meaning that I don't see the point of Tsukune's family still being kept in the dark about the situation that Tsukune has gotten involved in.
Old 2012-02-18, 08:54   Link #21751
EvI

@off
what? scans are getting targeted? HOLY SHIT what will happen to us otakus who don't live in japan and don't understand japonese now... =´(

@in topic
well yeah tsukune is now,huh...in "danger" i really hoped to see his fight soon but maybe things are not going to be like this,and moka? what happened to her now? this is something i want to see in the next chapter, now this new fight that is going to happen kira and all...well honestly i don't care at all...in this arc my mind is set on tsukune,moka and allucard...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:39   Link #21752
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Never fear, the spirit of otaku shall not let this slight go unanswered!

And besides, they DARE to keep me away from my Moka-san and feed me some BS translations!?

Gentlemen, you realize ... THIS MEANS WAR!!

Old 2012-02-18, 20:32   Link #21753
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This means that everyone who reads any WSJ series should subcribe to Viz's Shonen Jump Alpha and buy every one of Viz's R+V releases. At the very least buy the R+V manga if you haven't. It looks 1,000x better than on the monitor.
Old 2012-02-18, 20:59   Link #21754
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This means that everyone who reads any WSJ series should subcribe to Viz's Shonen Jump Alpha and buy every one of Viz's R+V releases. At the very least buy the R+V manga if you haven't. It looks 1,000x better than on the monitor.
Amen Brother!!!

though I won't be subscribing to SJA for the very reason that I don't want to read the manga on my screen. I subscribed to the Shonen Jump because I wanted the magazine to hold in my hands.

I will read the chapters once in scanalated form but it is only once I have the volume in my hand that I indulge in reading again and again for the sheer pleasure of it all.

I must admit I do collect some manga from scanalators but only titles I really like that are not available here no matter how much i wish they were. If i were rich I would buy the tanks from Japan but alas...
Old 2012-02-19, 02:12   Link #21755
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

do anyone know how long will the story continue? just a curious thought
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 02:34   Link #21756
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
Well from what I heard (so it's not fully confirmed), apparently Ikeda stated on the back cover of volume 10, that he has written 1/3 of the overall story, so I believe that there are still a lot of chapters, before this manga is going to end...
Old 2012-02-19, 02:59   Link #21757
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
assumption....

I think this will probably be the last or near last arc...
because most of the story is covered by now, unless there is no side stories to tell.

1. we found out why moka has a locket
2. we found out what happened to moka's mother
3. most of the "hidden" character's backgrounds were told.

The author at best could probably extend it to high school graduation... but after that i dont see much more the author can add, unless he wants to throw another arch enemy type person, or shinso escapes and they need to chase it down.
Old 2012-02-19, 12:03   Link #21758
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...just got S1 anime from MegaCon in Orlando yesterday.

...they did a better job with dialogue than I expected. It's much better than the manga translations from Viz... but that's not hard.

~*~

"Well well, the super S class monster is upset that her little human friend is gone, eh?"

"You bastard!"

"...haah?"

"I'LL KILL YOU!!"

*boot*

~*~

I can deal with Ura's voice being like that. I thought that a few of the voice and tone inflictions could have been done a bit differently but I'll just override my memory with what I want it to be.

Couple of old ideas came back up again for stories once more...and while doing my own spin on at least the story as covered by anime sounds like fun, the amount of writing is just ...

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-02-19 at 12:30.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 14:04   Link #21759
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Can you give us some examples of the difference in translations??
Old 2012-02-19, 14:50   Link #21760
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

From the anime I presume, since we know more or less what the manga differences are?

If my external harddrive with the R+V anime on it didn't fail, I probably wouldn't have bothered getting the English one...As far as differences go, it's more or less how they decided to word the character's lines.

Like when Tsukune had just taken off Moka's rosary during the fight against Ruby, in the fansubs, the line that Moka spoke was "You idiot...always doing reckless things. But thanks to that, I was saved."

In English, she said, "You idiot, doing something so reckless. But...you saved my ass."

But that was because I was paying attention to mostly the parts with Ura...I'll give this a more thorough looking at when I get time. But Kurumu sounds so much like a Valley Cheerleader...XD I still love her though. And Yukari calling out her magic sounds a lil less dorky. She says "Magic Stick - " and whatever she needs instead of just repeating her litle 'Magic' mantra.

But, in Episode 4, saying 'Amalgam' instead of 'Combine' did throw me for a loop... And the bat saying "Wee~" instead of "Chu~".

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-02-19 at 15:12.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire