AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-19, 04:37   Link #7441
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Since wen has "New Testament" been overused?
Old 2011-01-19, 05:47   Link #7442
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Volume 14 Chapter 4 Parts 1- 2

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me14_Chapter_4

Js06 is really fast with translation. A week or two more and we will have another volume fully translated.
Old 2011-01-19, 06:41   Link #7443
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
also new testament is a title a little overused in japanese anime/maga/videogames, and it migth not be vol 23 per'se, but its most likely not side stories.
I don't know, you can consider the new and old testaments to be a collection of stories as well. Who knows, maybe that's what he's going for.
Old 2011-01-19, 06:56   Link #7444
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know, you can consider the new and old testaments to be a collection of stories as well. Who knows, maybe that's what he's going for.
Well, seeming how most of the New Testament was all about the life of Christ from four different viewpoints, I'd have to say that it might be a collection of stories, but it should at least reflect a little on Touma...
Old 2011-01-19, 07:35   Link #7445
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Well, seeming how most of the New Testament was all about the life of Christ from four different viewpoints, I'd have to say that it might be a collection of stories, but it should at least reflect a little on Touma...
Nah, it's probably going to be the “The world that has been saved” through the pov from different people- My guess is probably Accelerator, Shiage, Mikoto, Index and possibly Ollerus/Fiamma.
Old 2011-01-19, 08:35   Link #7446
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

And for the record, I'll propose a shared project for the translation of the new novel. I'll update on the details once I get back to Singapore.

And no, I'm not in JCC, and thank my CSM for lending me his comp for an hour.

Ah, and Cosmic Eagle, once you're done, can you post it here on the forum so that Wilfriback can update the parts? Thanks in advance
Old 2011-01-19, 14:45   Link #7447
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i would like to see mikoto now in the main story now, its a good time to fit her with the magic side of the story, after all "when magic and science clash the story will start".

sorry about last post i meant the term not the title"new testament".
Old 2011-01-19, 15:14   Link #7448
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Maybe new testament is just one novel with a bunch of stories. Instead of SS3 it called new testament
Old 2011-01-19, 16:04   Link #7449
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i would like to see mikoto now in the main story now, its a good time to fit her with the magic side of the story, after all "when magic and science clash the story will start".
That had happened already:
- Touma met Index and the magic world.
- Accelerator learnt about magic and the unknown laws.
- Shiage met Acqua and Elizarina and magicians.
Old 2011-01-19, 16:24   Link #7450
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

^ Russia clashed with Academy city.
Old 2011-01-19, 20:06   Link #7451
pampz21
ShipCore

Spoiler for Just re-reading cuz the anime's gonna come out:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2011-01-19, 21:24   Link #7452
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for Just re-reading cuz the anime's gonna come out:
Can u tell me, Im too lazy too look and see
Old 2011-01-19, 23:20   Link #7453
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

This is the light novel tag. Spoilers tags aren't really needed.

Are you referring to when he walked in on LO, Yomikawa, and Yoshikawa in the bathroom (which technically wasn't his fault) or when Last Order and Index switched places?
Old 2011-01-21, 23:15   Link #7454
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...apter_4#Part_4

Pt.4&5 done
Old 2011-01-21, 23:48   Link #7455
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

“It may all look the same to you, but there are different kinds and different levels of evil. A certain type of villain doesn’t target honest lives.”

Oh Accel you big softy.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-01-22, 00:04   Link #7456
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Oh, Accel, still calling yourself a villain even with your hidden heart of gold.
Old 2011-01-22, 00:54   Link #7457
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Oh, Accel, still calling yourself a villain even with your hidden heart of gold.
i just saw ur animelist. Gotta ask, is the score next to the shows the score u gave?

Cuz im loling at the fact railgun has a 2
Old 2011-01-22, 11:08   Link #7458
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

stuff translated since I got home.

Vol 16 page 306 to 308 mid

A contact with the Anglican Church.
With several documents, the war negotiator and his contact were discussing several options for a surrender plan.
Implicitly, they were selecting the most desired outcomes for themselves. Before he’d even listened for half a minute, the Pope cut the communication.
“Fuck!”
He was enraged.
Acqua’s defeat had double implications. For one thing, it was a major blow to their fighting strength. And for another, the enemy had acquired superior fighting strength.
(In the first place, how the hell could Acqua have been beaten?)
Kamijyo Touma.
The owner of a unique power. It didn’t seem like he was the reason why Acqua fell. Yet many people spontaneously gathered just to protect him. Simply, this circle of friends is his strength.
“……”
The Pope quietly thinks. Certainly, that boy is a strong opponent.
As he’s thinking with an expression of seriousness, the sound of footsteps reaches his ears.
“Were you hoping for Acqua’s defeat? That guy has grown fairly well. Well, surely as a result any end to a just cause for criticism can’t be concluded. Ha….the great Roman Catholic Church erasing any trace of it stirring up trouble in the world….anyone who’s a culprit would be swiftly eliminated.”
Footsteps reverberated throughout St Pietro’s Basilica in the Vatican. On seeing its owner, a mortified expression surfaced on the Pope’s face.
“Fianma of the Right…..Don’t tell me….you have come out from the [interior]…..”
“That’s a grim face you have there.”
The person who spoke to the pope was a single young man.
Fianma regarded the Pope’s dejected face.
“A leader’s nature is such that he can openly speak in the midst of crisis. Your response has been unsatisfactory in that sense. Your caliber can thus be entirely seen from this.”
“What are you going to do?”
The Pope carefully inquires.
Vento of the Front is in the midst of recuperation, Terra of the Left is dead and it is unknown if Acqua of the Back is alive or not. If circumstances require, given the current state of God’s Right Seat, the Pope would be able to wrest authority from Fianma in one fell stroke.
In the past, Fianma had been an annoying existence as the center of God’s Right Seat. To the extent that even amongst the powerful figures of God’s Right Seat, final authority rested with him.
“Vento’s surprise attack on Academy City, Terra’s mass operation with which he revealed himself to the world, and now, utilizing Acqua’s crushing power….all this ended in failure. From here on what will you do? For the cessation of activities by the headquarters of the Science Side, Academy City a plan to crush it is needed.”
The Pope’s tone was dark. Certainly he acknowledged Academy City’s pre-eminence; to the point that he depended on God’s Right Seat’s instruction. That’s why if he’s alone, generally speaking, even if he were to involve his followers, he could not muster a siege that was anywhere near enough.

relevant people please check. More later. Playing eroge now...
Old 2011-01-22, 16:16   Link #7459
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
i just saw ur animelist. Gotta ask, is the score next to the shows the score u gave?

Cuz im loling at the fact railgun has a 2
Well...I might have been pretty harsh giving it that score, but I still don't like it. The only things that stopped me from giving it a 0 were Saten and Kuroko in Judgment mode.
Old 2011-01-22, 22:16   Link #7460
Karna
just some guy

Is baka-tsuki not working for anyone else at the moment?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen