AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-29, 06:35   Link #41
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Why do you find her choice so puzzling? From her debut she has many characteristics that make her quite the catch if she were a real girl. She's sweet, playful, flirty, direct, hard-working, a bit of a tease, funny, and athletic (the only athlete of all the girls).
I guess its because I prefer talkative, less serious girls IRL. Its all about personal preferences. That's why I like Amagami SS. Just choose the girl that you prefer and enjoy the show...

Maybe one of the other reasons why she's popular with gamers is because she doesn't have a lot of requirements to win her heart. I mean I played a Love Hina fan made dating sim and instead of choosing the popular ones I decided to choose Shinobu.

Personally I like Ai, she's probably my 3rd favorite character right now.
Old 2010-10-02, 23:47   Link #42
coderlan
Student

first name is Ai, right?

then Ai = Love?
Old 2010-10-02, 23:58   Link #43
GDB

Actually, the kanji she uses for Ai is 逢, which is "meeting" or "rendezvous". Words change their meaning based on the kanji used. For example, Ai can also be written with 哀 for "sorrow", 藍 for "indigo", or 愛 for "love".
Old 2010-10-03, 22:25   Link #44
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Actually, the kanji she uses for Ai is 逢, which is "meeting" or "rendezvous". Words change their meaning based on the kanji used. For example, Ai can also be written with 哀 for "sorrow", 藍 for "indigo", or 愛 for "love".
There are still a lot more possibilities - 21, to be precise, all read "ai". Right from Kiten:

姶 オオ; オウ; アイ; あい good-looking; quiet
逢 ホウ; あ.う; むか.える; In names: あい; おう meeting; tryst; date; rendezvous
鮎 デン; ネン; あゆ; なまず; In names: あい freshwater trout; smelt
英 エイ; はなぶさ; In names: あ; あい; え; すぐる; はな; ひ; ひで; よし; ら England; English
会 カイ; エ; あ.う; あ.わせる; あつ.まる; In names: あい; い meeting; meet; party; association; interview; join
間 カン; ケン; あいだ; ま; あい interval; space
饗 キョウ; う.ける; もてな.す; In names: あい; あえ banquet
合 ゴウ; ガッ; カッ; あ.う; -あ.う; あ.い; あい-; -あ.い; -あい; あ.わす; あ.わせる; -あ.わせる; In names: あう; あん; い; か; こう; ごお; に; ね; や; り; わい fit; suit; join; 0.1
秋 シュウ; あき; とき; In names: あい autumn
相 ソウ; ショウ; あい-; In names: あ; い; おう; さ; さが; すけ inter-; mutual; together; each other; minister of state; councillor; aspect; phase; physiognomy
東 トウ; ひがし; In names: あい; あがり; あずま; あづま; こ; さき; しの; とお; はる; ひが; もと east
藍 ラン; あい indigo
和 ワ; オ; カ; やわ.らぐ; やわ.らげる; なご.む; なご.やか; In names: あい; いず; かず; かつ; かつり; かづ; たけ; ち; とも; な; にぎ; まさ; やす; よし; より; わだこ; わっ harmony; Japanese style; peace; soften; Japan
會 カイ; エ; あ.う; あ.わせる; あつ.まる; In names: あい meet; party; association; interview; join
胥 ショ; ソ; あい; み.る; みな together; mutual; subordinate official
Old 2010-10-30, 10:01   Link #45
Noctis Lucis
It's how you think.

Right, there. It's complicated. I study Chinese, it's the same.

Anyways, Ai's great. Japan agrees.
At least, she's not as unrealistic as the others.

But honestly, when all the other girls seem to have one kind of problem or another... Ai seems the happy odd one out. That's not a bad thing, is it, really? What I really like about her is her sense of normalcy, her neutrality, her unpretentious style.

Yes, she's a kuudere.
And that's absolutely sexy to me.
Her interesting choice of underwear is both utilitarian and hot. Perfect.
Old 2010-11-03, 18:55   Link #46
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Lucis View Post
... But honestly, when all the other girls seem to have one kind of problem or another... Ai seems the happy odd one out. That's not a bad thing, is it, really? What I really like about her is her sense of normalcy, her neutrality, her unpretentious style....
Well said and agreed.
Old 2011-02-17, 07:37   Link #47
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The drama CDs for her are super-adorable. Yukana has a really nice kuudere voice.
Old 2011-03-27, 03:47   Link #48
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

This may seem superficial, but what really got me liking Ai's character, was her version of the ED. Yes, that alone was enough. Though, there's more to it than that. She's just a calm and collected character, which, while isn't my favorite type, is definitely a nice one.

The ending to her arc...was...risky.
Or, the way I see it, it was.
Old 2011-04-19, 05:12   Link #49
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
Why do you find her choice so puzzling? From her debut she has many characteristics that make her quite the catch if she were a real girl. She's sweet, playful, flirty, direct, hard-working, a bit of a tease, funny, and athletic (the only athlete of all the girls).
And y'know what? All that and a bag of tricks. Once she gets to the point of knowing what she wants. Ba boom. Very good surprises.

Those teases were great, btw.

Plus, even though she appeared to be the closed type. She opens up once comfortable. Using that belt-toy thing is a good example.
Old 2011-10-02, 15:59   Link #50
notme33

<3 Ai. I noticed that she is also smart and quickthinker. It was shown on their second meeting at the park:
- Um... you're from the same school as us, right?
- I don't think anybody would be wearing this uniform if they weren't.

OVA
- It's pretty cold...
- It's december after all.

Though she like to tease Jun, but she is pretty straight with answers, and when Jun asks her, she's quick to anwer. I think having younger brother Ai accepted Jun as a bit childish, and find it cute, thats why she was so fast interested in him.
Old 2011-10-03, 23:51   Link #51
GundamZZ
残念美人

Based on the certain event, I think you are right about Ai's feeling.

Amagami's official anime website shows the different aspect about Ai.
The website has the diary of each heroine.

In the begging of Ai's diary, I remember it was like, "Must watch out that person! His eyes are so H! Be very careful"!

If Junichi doesn't go for her route, she has the different perspective about him. It shows in anime Haruka's route. Ai sees Junichi as a peeping tom.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2011-10-04, 18:23   Link #52
notme33

Thumbs up

In my eyes, Ai is the best girl of all 6. The whole arc mood was directed by her amazing character. You can call Ai arc love from first site. Little pashion ignited between them from the very begining in the park. Yes, maybe it lack some drama or tension, but thats what Ai is about. <3 her for these reason:
She is not typical girl, counts little less on woman logic and doesnt make nonsence dramas, for example like Kaoru did, disappearing and making every1 worried, Jun, her mother, just because her mother felt lonely of man company. Or not like Haruka, an older student, that had so much attention from boys (should be wiser) but calling Hibiki asking for advice, on what she should do. Ai dramas are real like not getting into swim team, though struggling so hard to get there. She has strong character, refused to cry at presence of Jun "But Tachibana-senpai, I wanted to see you even less", but when shown that he cares about her, she opened her emotional self.
Being a little less girlish, as I mentioned before, Ai understands male nature very well, and accepts it as it is, calling Jun perv, though smiling and dating him at the same time, lifting skirt just to satify his hunger.
She is bold, she know what she wants. Ai doesnt mind saying whats on her mind, if it is a date, she will ask a boy for it, wont wait to be asked, if it is a kiss, she will take an initiative and kiss him, breaking all typical girls stereotypes. Total opposite of Sae.
Closed Thread