AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-07, 02:11   Link #521
kanataX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
im just gonna play devil's advocate here because i'm bored and you bothered to reply lol

actually, maeda also had a role in writing the scenario for kanon, however minor it may have been.
as for planetarian, i would have to say the existence and public image of this game is pretty insignificant, almost nonexistent, compared to the likes of air/clannad/LB.

to me, this makes no sense
i guess you think otherwise, but in my opinion, maeda's writing is pretty much synonymous with the brand of key up until this point.
- i don't think hisaya's influence on this brand even begins to compare to maeda's.
- not to mention kanon was the very first game under the key brand. if we go by recent trends, i don't think hisaya is even relevant.
- already mentioned planetarian above.
- try and tell me maeda's script for rin's route and refrain were not the only saving grace for little busters (same logic for saya and EX)

i would like to believe key brand no longer has to restrict itself to this.
hisaya only left after kanon.
maeda is slowly fading from involvement as we can see in current trend...
just like maeda said in an interview, one can only crank out so many nakige.
how many times are we gonna see this until it starts to feel forced?
i agree that chances are high rewrite will have some sort of nakige element (and i would like this)
but with rewrite being the first big project with a total overhaul of writing staff, i would like to expect that it will bring something totally new to the brand.
haha i seriously agree to that
Old 2011-04-07, 02:17   Link #522
kanataX3

errmm does anyone know when the full song of the rewrite opening 2 coming out?
Old 2011-04-07, 07:38   Link #523
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
^
while key announced that the second OP is not a joke, they also said that action/fighting is not what the whole game revolves around.
according to them, you can also expect scenarios that have barely any of these elements aka more traditional routes.
which is good news to me, because most fighting scenes in eroge/VN put me to sleep.

and this being key, we'll probably get some sort of scenario in the true route that'll make us turn around and call this is a nakige, but w/o maeda involved, maybe not! (i'm hoping this turns out to be another nakige... :P)
Jun Maeda is doing Quality Control, so he's still in a position to say 'we haven't made the players cry yet, we need to add some drama'. Rewrite will probably not be a traditional nakige, but I don't think Key will ever release a game that will not make players cry.

As for the 'new writers, new direction' argument: Remember that these new writers also have works that make players cry. I didn't finish Cross Channel and haven't played Kana, but from what I've heard Cross Channel's ending made lots of players cry, and Kana was depressing in general. Higurashi and Umineko also have plenty of sad moments (in fact, Higurashi still remains the only work of fiction that has ever made me cry).

Sure, it won't be the usual nakige plot, but the world will end before Key makes a game that doesn't make players cry.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 09:44   Link #524
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanataX3 View Post
errmm does anyone know when the full song of the rewrite opening 2 coming out?
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/6...y_sounds_label

end of may it seems...
Old 2011-04-07, 16:02   Link #525
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Higurashi and Umineko also have plenty of sad moments (in fact, Higurashi still remains the only work of fiction that has ever made me cry).
I would even argue that one of Umineko's biggest strengths is its ability to make the players cry.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 16:44   Link #526
winkel

I hope you guys are meaning that the crying was done in the answer arcs (because I haven't done them yet) since there was not anything at all to cry about in the first 4 episodes.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 17:12   Link #527
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
I hope you guys are meaning that the crying was done in the answer arcs (because I haven't done them yet) since there was not anything at all to cry about in the first 4 episodes.
You don't have much of a soul then.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 19:21   Link #528
winkel

Perhaps Ryukishi07 just don't know how to pull at these heartstrings.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-07, 20:11   Link #529
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You don't have much of a soul then.
Yeah, there were definitely moments in the first four arcs that made me tear up. Episodes 3 and 4 especially...
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 00:12   Link #530
kanataX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
k thanks man
Old 2011-04-08, 16:45   Link #531
Tomoyo89

Anyone here tried the new Chihaya Rolling 1.10? I can't seem to get it to work. It stops responding for me and then closes.

Edit: Hmm, looks like downloading from another link fixed the problem.

Last edited by Tomoyo89; 2011-04-08 at 17:04.
Tomoyo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 01:35   Link #532
ameskitty
Kupo

Hate to ask, but has anybody happened to find an AGTH code that works on trial 2.0? I've found multiple codes but, given the weird output I get, I guess they're all for 1.0.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 22:42   Link #533
ronzalpha

Another purchase site

Another purchase site would be YesAsia, just so you know. And they include free shipping in their preorders..I think, so it's about even pricing. However, they didn't change their expected release date yet, but YesAsia is a known reputable site for asian stuff.
http://www.yesasia.com/us/rewrite-li...0-en/info.html

still not the cheapest, but it's just in case AmiAmi runs out of stock for preorders
ronzalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 06:29   Link #534
Haruchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzalpha View Post
Another purchase site would be YesAsia, just so you know. And they include free shipping in their preorders..I think, so it's about even pricing. However, they didn't change their expected release date yet, but YesAsia is a known reputable site for asian stuff.
http://www.yesasia.com/us/rewrite-li...0-en/info.html

still not the cheapest, but it's just in case AmiAmi runs out of stock for preorders
You buy from there?
Old 2011-04-12, 08:52   Link #535
ronzalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruchin View Post
You buy from there?
No, I didn't buy rewrite from there but I bought other items from there in the past and they ship fast with DHL delivery. It also benefits USA because theres a branch in California. I initially thought of buying rewrite there, but am thinking about it since amiami is cheaper
Old 2011-04-12, 08:59   Link #536
Haruchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzalpha View Post
No, I didn't buy rewrite from there but I bought other items from there in the past and they ship fast with DHL delivery. It also benefits USA because theres a branch in California. I initially thought of buying rewrite there, but am thinking about it since amiami is cheaper
But I heard that Amiami's shipping fee are expensive .. not sure whether it is true or false
Old 2011-04-12, 13:03   Link #537
ronzalpha

Quote:
But I heard that Amiami's shipping fee are expensive .. not sure whether it is true or false
regaredless of the shipping fee, I doubt the total would go anywhere past $115 USD dollars, right? Yesasia charges $130, so yeah.
Old 2011-04-12, 13:58   Link #538
winkel

Quote:
False. Amiami's shipping fees are standard, and comparable to other shops I've bought from, at least for shipping to the US. So you're looking at about $15 shipping.

The fact that they discount their products mean that there's no way Yes-Asia is comparable. Rewrite comes to only to $95+shipping @ AmiAmi, while it's a whopping $130 at Yes-Asia, and you're guaranteed pre-order goods because AmiAmi is a large chain in Japan and they always get the shop-specific and the pre-order goods.
Old 2011-04-12, 17:06   Link #539
ronzalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
False. Amiami's shipping fees are standard, and comparable to other shops I've bought from, at least for shipping to the US. So you're looking at about $15 shipping.

The fact that they discount their products mean that there's no way Yes-Asia is comparable. Rewrite comes to only to $95+shipping @ AmiAmi, while it's a whopping $130 at Yes-Asia, and you're guaranteed pre-order goods because AmiAmi is a large chain in Japan and they always get the shop-specific and the pre-order goods.
Thank you for your insight. Again, this is only an alternative if amiami ever runs out of stock, lol (which might take a while)
Old 2011-04-13, 01:59   Link #540
NeruNeru

I finished Little Busters EX last weekend and was deciding what to try next when I found out about this VN. Just got the trial working and I'm excited to start playing!

Is the translation complete for the latest demo? Because I'm willing to help out if translators are still needed at this point.
NeruNeru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel