AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 9 6.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 13.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 14.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 11.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 7.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 13.95%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-28, 13:34   Link #81
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

poor Slaine
he didnt even get the death to free him from all of misery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Mecha series just haven't had good writers the last few seasons.
you are forgetting Fafner Exodus

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2015-03-28, 13:35   Link #82
Jerseykid

I love happy endings! but without aseylum and her rightful man together it's not one!
Old 2015-03-28, 13:36   Link #83
Allium
Keep on keeping on

I'm just glad this ep wasn't rushed and had enough time for a decent epilogue. Some things were glossed over (like Lemrina's fate), but at least most of the characters received a happy end, and Slaine got what he deserved. I can see a sequel or side story being developed in the future but at this stage I'm content with just this series.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:37   Link #84
dragon1412

i don't really care that much about Asseylum, but seriously, basically, Inaho done all those things and this is what he get ??? the only saving grace Inaho received is probably Sleipnir, seriously, Sleipnir is the most awesome things this episode.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:38   Link #85
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
It's complete opposite of being realistic, really. The hole thing actually is, but who cares...

PS: in fact "things don't always end happily" is the only realistic thing here
the only unrealistic event was keeping slaine alive. under normal circumstances, he would have died if not for Asseylum asking Inaho to save him. beyond that, in a war torn world that's rebuilding: Inaho unable to shack up with the leader of a foreign empire? the empress finally realizing her goal to start peace negotiations between earth and mars? her not ending up with a soldier she had met for several weeks? the supposed bad guy who almost wiped out earth in jail (if not executed) for the rest of his life? an adept soldier (even without a computer in his head) continuing on his military career?

of course we all want happy endings, but when a show gives us one like this, we should appreciate it because it reflects what would most likely happen. you can't expect "realistic" to end like 90% of anime series out there.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:39   Link #86
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Shippers aren't happy either. Well, except the Inaho/Slaine shippers, as apparently Inaho seems to still be dating Slaine even though he and Asseylum broke up.
Inaho have Inko, Rayet, Yuki and the pilot girl. Pretty much a winning scenario for me.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:40   Link #87
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by synx View Post
Wait , Dr. Troyard plotted the assassination of Princess Asseylum? When did they mention this???
Nah, they said Slaine, the son of Dr.Troyard, plotted the assassination. Basically, he took the fall for the plot and they faked his death.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:41   Link #88
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

So Slaine got the punishment he deserved. Rotting in jail for the rest of his miserable life.
I'm more than happy with how it endet.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:42   Link #89
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
you are forgetting Fafner Exodus
I'll take your word for it. I never saw the first Fafner so I didn't bother to check out the sequel. But the first series didn't grab me. Maybe it got better later on.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-03-28, 13:42   Link #90
dragon1412

I demanded season 3, i demanded to see Terran Emperor Odinaho riding his sleipnir wiping Mars.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:43   Link #91
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I don't understand why people said the ending was bad. It was good. Slaine got what he deserved.
Did you see an alternate version where Slaine crashed in the middle of a city and Earthers dragged him from his ship, strung him up by his toes and took turns whacking him like a pinata? Because if not, he didn't get anything close to what he deserved.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:43   Link #92
00 raizer

i wonder if alien that create aldnoah will come back and claim it again???
Old 2015-03-28, 13:44   Link #93
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
On behalf of our beloved main charcters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slain_and_Inaho
Gosh dangit we've been fighting for 20 episodes for our hime and a noob just swopped in and stole our loot!?
Old 2015-03-28, 13:45   Link #94
magnuskn

Told you guys that Inko is best waifu.

Anyway, it's a good ending. No asspulls, just straight storytelling without any last minute twists. Given how many idiotic endings we had in the last seasons, I am kinda surprised that quite a lot of people seem to dislike this so much.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:46   Link #95
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
that episode sucked really badly for a anime with decent plot. Nothing really felt resolved and I'm left feeling "wtf". Kinda was looking forward to Slaine pulling an game-changer somehow prevailing and ruling Vers as Emperor
Old 2015-03-28, 13:47   Link #96
IceHism

This ending though. yea i don't even. It didn't really feel rewarding even though they resolved everything.

but at least the fight was flashy (well not really, that cgi and choreography was really average) but the cameras were okay at least.

Inko is best ship with Inaho anyways.

Valvrave was better than this.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:49   Link #97
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by synx View Post
Wait , Dr. Troyard plotted the assassination of Princess Asseylum? When did they mention this???
The news reporter said Slaine was behind it, not his father.

--

As a goddamn Inaho x Asseylum shipper, I'm fuckin mad. But hey, we got a kind of happy ending. I would've liked to see them have at least one normal moment of conversation and development, but that shit did not fly unfortunately. That was my main hope going into this season lol. The action in this last episode was well-done, too.

And I would like to hope that the person Doc was talking to was Lemrina in the epilogue.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:49   Link #98
vic-vic

Well, Slain is still alive and thus have the chance to get free. Also, the fate of a Barocruz and Harklight left ambiguous (and there IS a confirmation that some of Earth regions still under Orbital Knights rule) so who know - they could stage a daring plan to naol him out.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:49   Link #99
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hey! it is not bad ending

Slaine is back to his old timid-uncertain self.. tried to do suicide.. but get saved by his subordinates which sacrificed their life to protect his ideal
Inko, Yuki-nee, Rayet, Marito... all of them finally able to hold against Aldnoahs.. They even deal with those DRAGOON system at ease.. Yuki-nee and Rayet are exceptionally awesome

Slaine Vs Inaho is another awesome battle and suitable for the finale. Inaho showed that an Orange Kataphrakt also can show some hax by stocking those unlimited armament

in the end, I mostly satisfied to see that Asseylum tried to build an Aldnoah factory in the Earth. And also the fact that there are still some resistances from other Orbital Knight
Cheerful ending.... Slaine is alive.. Inaho got onee-san ending... everyone smile
okay! I lied! I hate the Asseylum with Cruhteo pairing no way someone who just pop out in last 3 episodes managed to get the best ending
But, I understand since this is the only possible ending.. There would be no way they can force a pairing.. They are using common sense so I can't argue with that

and also we don't get anything about Lemrina at all *this is the only hanging part... put some conclusion for her fate!*

There is some open possibility for an OVA or movie but I prefer to leave this anime as it be.. I have enough
Old 2015-03-28, 13:50   Link #100
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Wow, I'm so glad I dropped the second season on the first episode, hearing how that train-wreck ended.