AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-10-08, 04:02   Link #7561
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Internet meme. Like most memes, some people take it way, way too far. Aspergers Assholes will be assholes. Nothing particularly mysterious about it.

I guess if you want to discuss about it you could refer to the backlash against "healthy" anti-fat obsession, of which veganism and vegetarianism are certainly a part of -- with the caveat that many are following such diets for very different reasons -- the fact that bacon does taste great to many people, how it is a soul food American staple, and so on. Kind of like the "man and his steak" thing, which doesn't exactly acknowledge cultural differences in diet.

Disclaimer: I like bacon. I also don't like bacon when it doesn't stay bacon (like who the hell does bacon lipstick? Trashy).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 13:42   Link #7562
jaykowalski

Can I add gif as avatar? If yes, how?
jaykowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 13:46   Link #7563
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykowalski View Post
Can I add gif as avatar? If yes, how?
Click user CP -> click Edit Avatar -> use URL or upload it.

Note: the maximum size for avatar files is 125 by 125 pixels or 125.0 KB.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 13:51   Link #7564
jaykowalski

Quote:
files is 125 by 125 pixels or 125.0 KB
That was my problem. Thanks for help.
jaykowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 06:12   Link #7565
HasuMasu
*Artist

Does anyone know of anything in the universe that's red but looks really black?

Like the night sky looks really black, but it's blue...
Old 2014-10-22, 06:55   Link #7566
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
Does anyone know of anything in the universe that's red but looks really black?

Like the night sky looks really black, but it's blue...
But the sky is not really blue. It looks blue because of the behaviour of light as it passes from vacuum space through the atmosphere of gases. So the night sky is really black or almost black in the absence of sunlight. And you can't say it is really blue but looks black at night.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 07:01   Link #7567
HasuMasu
*Artist

Thanks, but I know about the sky...I think you understand well enough why I used it as an example though...
Old 2014-10-23, 02:37   Link #7568
oompa loompa

Quote:
Thanks, but I know about the sky...I think you understand well enough why I used it as an example though...
No its the other way around, ' the sky is black but looks blue ' . It's the other way around because it only looks blue here, if you go to mars the sky will not be blue.

In any case, since you used the night sky as an example, I'm guessing manipulating the amount of light is allowed; there are deep wine nailpolishes that seem completely black, but only in more light are red. Similarily it would be easy to have a black object that is neon red in the dark.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 06:00   Link #7569
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'm interested in that second object. Such a thing, what is it?
Old 2014-10-23, 10:14   Link #7570
oompa loompa

Quote:
I'm interested in that second object. Such a thing, what is it?
a red glow in the dark sticker? How about this stuff? http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=19
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 07:31   Link #7571
HasuMasu
*Artist

Thanks!
Old 2014-10-29, 12:33   Link #7572
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Can you transfer save files of apps from a Smart phone to a new one? I'm planning on buying a new one some time in the future but there's this app here I've been constantly playing and I don't want to be bothered doing my achievements all over again.

thanks for the help

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 13:15   Link #7573
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Can you transfer save files of apps from a Smart phone to a new one? I'm planning on buying a new one some time in the future but there's this app here I've been constantly playing and I don't want to be bothered doing my achievements all over again.

thanks for the help
What is the name of the app? Aren't achievements supposed to be stored online?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 21:05   Link #7574
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What is the name of the app? Aren't achievements supposed to be stored online?
Metal Slug Defense
I don't mean that kind of "achievements". By that I mean the missions I've accomplished, POWs rescued, upgrades bought, money and medals collected and a whole lot more you do in this app.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 22:10   Link #7575
Dwennimmen
(^-^)?

Does anyone have any recs. for a good laptop?

I am starting college Spring 2015, and just want something sturdy, reliable, nice, light, etc.?
I would prefer it to have a web cam or some sort of recording option to record lectures :P lol
Dwennimmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 19:48   Link #7576
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwennimmen View Post

I am starting college Spring 2015, and just want something sturdy, reliable, nice, light, etc.?
I would prefer it to have a web cam or some sort of recording option to record lectures :P lol
HP laptops are pretty decent. I hear Lenovo laptops are good, too.

I can tell you to stay away from Toshibas, though. lol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 20:13   Link #7577
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:

What course/subjects are you going to be studying? Do you need to use the laptop for purposes other than study? Most importantly, what is your budget?
The best laptop for the job can vary greatly depending on what you need it for.
Old 2014-10-31, 20:25   Link #7578
Dwennimmen
(^-^)?

Yeahh my uncle says HP's are pretty reliable @blakstealth

I've never seen anyone with a toshiba before lol haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
What course/subjects are you going to be studying? Do you need to use the laptop for purposes other than study? Most importantly, what is your budget?
The best laptop for the job can vary greatly depending on what you need it for.
I'm going to be studying computer science. I assume I'll be typing papers, and possibly even using it for demos or presenting work to the class as well.
Dwennimmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 22:01   Link #7579
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
HP laptops are pretty decent. I hear Lenovo laptops are good, too.

I can tell you to stay away from Toshibas, though. lol
I can attest to Toshiba laptops not being too great, based on the experiences of a few high school friends (I can't say if they have improved or not though in recent years).
I can't say I'm too fond of HP laptops either, judging by the overheating problem another friend of mine had with his laptop...

Quote:
I'm going to be studying computer science. I assume I'll be typing papers, and possibly even using it for demos or presenting work to the class as well.
Probably gonna need a bit more info before I can make a proper recommendation...
I'm going to assume you aren't going to use it for gaming or high-performance stuff for the time being (e.g. programming, video editing, video encoding, etc.), so perhaps a laptop in the ultrabook or 2-in-1 (tablet & laptop) categories might best suit yourself if you need something that's light and easy to carry. You'll probably need something with good battery life as well (you'll probably won't be able to plug it in during lectures).

Assuming you need Windows, I think your best bet would be the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet. It's light at 1.76 lbs (0.79 kg), 2.41 lbs (1.09 kg) with the Type Cover and definitely has good build quality. You'll be doing a lot of typing, so you'll really need the Type Cover, which unfortunately is a accessory to be bought seperately. The other big downside is that it doesn't have alot of ports, and this'll be a problem if you're doing a presentation and need to connect to a projector, since it only has a Mini DisplayPort (most projectors use VGA or HDMI, I think), so you might need an adapter as well. Nonetheless, it's still a very good piece of gear, and you should be able to score a 10% education discount as well.

It might be worth having a look at the other Signature Edition PCs that the Microsoft Store sells as well, particularly if you've had bad experiences dealing with the crapware that PC manufacturers tend to load onto your new machine.

There's also the Clevo-based laptops, like the Sager branded ones. They aren't the best in terms of looks (and I don't think they're the lightest, either), but they're generally really good value in terms of a price to computing power ratio. They're generally only purchasable online, but you get build-to-order options, meaning increased flexibility in picking what components go in your machine. The NP2740 (aka Clevo W740SU) might be a good option.

For the record, I'm typing this from a recently purchased MacBook Air 11" (I also own a custom built Windows desktop, and two other Windows laptops). It's also quite light (and you have the ability to put Windows on it), but shares the Surface's disadvantage of a lack of ports (particularly the Mini DisplayPort).

Last edited by blaze0041; 2014-11-01 at 01:11.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 00:36   Link #7580
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I can attest to Toshiba laptops not being too great, based on the experiences of a few high school friends (I can't say if they have improved or not though in recent years).
I can't say I'm too fond of HP laptops either, judging by the overheating problem another friend of mine had with his laptop...

Before using this Toshiba laptop I have now(lulz), I used to use an HP laptop. Used it for 7 years, actually, but I had to upgrade to something newer and that was cheap. My brother and father are also using HP laptops at the moment, so I can vouch or their decency.

And it sounds like you might want a laptop that has a decent processor and good amount of RAM to program and compile code for your programming classes.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious