AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-05-21, 13:50   Link #1
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Tatsunoko vs Capcom, the next Marvel vs Capcom?

Since Capcom doesn't have the Marvel license anymore, it looks like they've gone to animation studio Tatsunoko. Kinda came out of left field but it sounds awesome.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7474/imgp1726uw3.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatsunoko

There isn't too much info at the moment other than it being 2.5D (3D models on a 2D field) and 2v2 tag battle. Too bad, though, I would've liked some hand drawn sprites considering their teaming up with an animation studio.

Either way, it looks like 2008 is the year of the fighting game.
Old 2008-05-21, 13:53   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Capcom vs. Tatsunoko

The whole vs. trend is really catching on in Japan and this time it's a bonified fighter instead of a Strategy RPG. Capcom doesn't need much introduction, but Tatsunoko is an age old anime company that's kind of fallen out of the limelight in the past decade or so. Honestly I'm intrigued by the possible roster. Here's some of my picks:

Tatsunoko:

Tekkaman Blade
Gatchman
Kyatto Ninden (Samurai Pizza Cats )
Generator Gawl
Stig Bernard With Mospeda
Bonta-Kun
Go Mifune (Speed Racer....though I don't know how unless they make him a Captain Falcon)
Jeanne Fránçaix In Personal Armour (With Spartas as a super)

Capcom:

Ehhhh....anybody, but definitely Rockman, Zero and Sakura Kasugano.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 15:02   Link #3
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I just read this news on another place, and man, WTF. Seriously.

(BTW: On the Capcom side the info I got is that there were going to be SF characters, and Chun Li was already confirmed)

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 15:08   Link #4
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, Chun Li and Ryu from the looks of the scan.

Also, it looks like it's going to be in 2D. Here's hoping that the sprites are of a higher resolution this time around.

Possibly intriguing indeed. I wonder if Karas could be included?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 15:10   Link #5
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
According to 2chan, it's 2.5D like SFIV.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2008-05-21 at 15:49. Reason: edited because my ADD got the best of me
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 15:19   Link #6
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Guess we made our threads at the same time, Kaioshin. Oh well, here's a better scan thanks to mmcafe.

Spoiler for size:

It's 2v2 tag battles like most of the Marvel vs. series of games. In the scan I see the Bonne emblem on one of the buildings. Here's hoping Tron, my best MvC2 character, is in.

Well, at least graphically it looks better than SFIV and I'm liking the character artwork so far.
Old 2008-05-21, 16:23   Link #7
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Having no new moves doesn't really bother me much as long as the gameplay is good. Although fun to play, I just don't want an unbalanced mess like MvC2. Plus, I'm sure they'll add some new stuff to the system.
Old 2008-05-21, 19:32   Link #8
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Finally Casshern in a video game! Please be released in any platform, do want.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 23:09   Link #9
Rias

As much as I would like to have different characters from this and that series from Capcom side, in the end half the capcom side would probably be SF-related characters...as to Tatsunoko side, I wonder if they would put in tekkaman...or go nuts and put in macross and nurse witch komugi-chan
Old 2008-05-22, 14:36   Link #10
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Some screens from Famitsu:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html

It looks like they went all out on the hadouken effects.
Old 2008-05-22, 21:40   Link #11
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Wait.. Bonta-kun is that mascot from Full Metal Panic right? Or is there another Bonta-kun ? If so he's not on Tatsunoko :O.

I hope they include Karas.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 01:05   Link #12
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Wait.. Bonta-kun is that mascot from Full Metal Panic right? Or is there another Bonta-kun ? If so he's not on Tatsunoko :O.

I hope they include Karas.
Not entirely copyright wise, but Tatsunoko was one of the Full Metal Panic! Film Partners involved in producing the series. If they can get Kadokawa to cooperate...though I'm doubting it. Just a dream team roster and nothing more I've got going. Technically they even hold partial copyright to Evangelion as well.

Honestly, I bet this games mostly just going to end up a Street Fighter vs. Yatterman/Gatchaman/(Betterman? No that was a joke actually, but it would be pretty awesome if there was a Capcom vs. Sunrise....honestly, why Tatsunoko, they really don't have THAT much going for them these days other then the "Man" titles) affair with Tekkaman Blade possibly thrown in if they are feeling somewhat creative.
Old 2008-05-24, 18:03   Link #13
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They have Shurato, Karas, and Samurai Pizza Cats?

I have low hopes for Macross characters, it's as much a license nightmare as a polish hooker in a WWII German brothel.

I would have prefered Jump comics vs Capcom tbh.

Regarding the screens, if you ask me, I prefer this style over SFIV. Since it's a vs game, I would be hoping for Dante, Guy from SFA3, Daigo Kazama and Akira Kazama from Rival Schools or even Phoenix Wright, but this would be asking too much.

PS: Katsuji Mori is cast as Gatchaman guy. Daisuke Ono is voicing Casshern. Mental images of Casshern laughing like Hosaka is flooding my brain. Fumiko Orikasa is Chun Li and Hiroki Takashi, Harima Kenji, is Ryu.

Last edited by Sheba; 2008-05-24 at 18:23.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 19:56   Link #14
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Man, the action looks crazy!

I'm looking forward to this like woh. I was a bit disappointed that Namco X Capcom was a strat. Rpg...
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 00:52   Link #15
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Phoenix Wright would be crazy. I could see him having an "objection!" super.

I'd have to agree on the style, too. Out of all the new fighters announced SFIV looks the worst IMO. I don't understand why all the male characters have to be as big as Zangief...But I'd imagine that they'd be able to put more varied Capcom characters since they won't be able to reuse sprites with this one.

I'd really like to see some Breath of Fire characters or maybe a character from Kikaioh/Tech Romancer to take the place of Sentinel.
Old 2008-06-19, 13:40   Link #16
Tornix
The Evil Twin

A couple of new characters added. One being Batsu (Rival Schools) and the other Tekkaman (from the original Tekkaman). Too bad it's not Blade...

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1...ekkamanzr3.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3...apbatsuoj4.jpg
Old 2008-06-19, 13:52   Link #17
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
A couple of new characters added. One being Batsu (Rival Schools) and the other Tekkaman (from the original Tekkaman). Too bad it's not Blade...

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1...ekkamanzr3.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3...apbatsuoj4.jpg
Ewwwwwww, original Tekkaman, the one that's so poorly animated you can't even tell what's on screen? Is that what he's actually supposed to look liek with some detail? Crazy....
Old 2008-06-19, 14:01   Link #18
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ohhh~~!!! Batsu! A great hot blooded character from Rival Schools. All we need now is a partner for him, if ever Akira again like in CFAS it'll be great! Since Ryu has Chunli, Batsu needs a cool girl by his side namely Akira.
Old 2008-06-19, 14:28   Link #19
Tornix
The Evil Twin

I'll second for Akira. My best/favorite character in Rival Schools. I'm glad it's not turning out all Street Fighter so far for Capcom's side. Now add in a Breath of Fire character (preferrably a Ryu so there'll be 3 Ryu's in the game ) and it'll be perfect for me.
Old 2008-06-19, 14:41   Link #20
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Glad to see in this VS series there are 2 representatives only in a certain Capcom game. Others I want in in Capcom are Final Fight charactes mainly Guy they can trow in Hagar since he's already got a 3D sprite in if ever Capcom gets lazy again. For now I got no complains. The game is looking great!