AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 23.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 31.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 17.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 16.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-15, 01:00   Link #41
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ i considered that, but i thought it was too much of a ED song, rather than an OP.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-11-15, 01:02   Link #42
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I'm rather enjoying the amount of quality they put into this anime especially the clothes that Kirino wears. It's like each episode we see her in a new outfit and they're quite eye catching. I look forward to see what new clothes design they come up with next for Kirino.
Old 2010-11-15, 01:14   Link #43
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
^^ i considered that, but i thought it was too much of a ED song, rather than an OP.

Interesting. I've never given it any thought, but there IS a difference in feel between an OP and ED song.
Old 2010-11-15, 01:25   Link #44
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode get a 5/10, below average, and I wanted to rate it even lower.

The show's humor has gotten stale quite fast, the character development has slowed to a snail's pace, and once again, I do not appreciate all these hints of wincest.

First of all the episode felt very disjointed in its presentation. It went form the merry life of Kirino and Kuroneko to this novel "data" plotline, which just gave the impression that they were trying to stuff as much storyline as possible in this episode. In other words, episode felt cramped.

Furthermore, now that Kirino's friend and family know about her hobby, what is the next issue they are going to target? Sure, we can follow around this bitchy sister around as she explores the anime world, but when we have something like Genshiken out there, what incentive do I have to continue this show if not for a more mediocre presentation of the same topic?

I was under the impression that this show was about two things: A brother and sister salvaging their sibling relationship through the accidental discovery of her "strange" hobby, and second, how the sister confronts the world that rejects her hobby.

Sure, she had a confrontontation with her father, and her friend, in which her brother prostrates himself to help her, and then we get a "thank you for now, but I'll be a bitch again later" tsundere reaction. But if that is the limit of this show, I'm simply going to be left disappointed.

For one thing it has honestly gotten tiresome how "tsundere" Kirino acts in front of everyone. Every scene now is just her bossing her brother around and acting like an attention freak for some reason that they're intentionally keeping under the surface. I'm sorry, but someone who has practically prostrated themselves does not deserve such treatment. If there's a reason we don't know, stop beating around the bush and get to it.

I realize this is based on a light novel, but the way they're presenting the anime at the very least, makes the plot seem slow and dragged on. If you're a 1 cour show, you need to do better to quicken your plot.
Old 2010-11-15, 01:27   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Is it just me? I start to feel... Kirino is Azusa acting like Haruhi

You aren't the first one. With this and MM! this season, I've seen quite a number of people say stuff like "I'm reminded of Haruhi".
And in some threads (mostly places about Hirano Aya, by her haters), some say that she might as well replace Aya as Haruhi. (Of course, I don't think so)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-11-15, 01:48   Link #46
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This episode get a 5/10, below average, and I wanted to rate it even lower.

The show's humor has gotten stale quite fast, the character development has slowed to a snail's pace, and once again, I do not appreciate all these hints of wincest.
Hmm... I guess if you don't like the characters, it won't be much fun. Personally, it's a delight watching the characters interact, I don't really need gag humor etc.

Besides, this episode was about Kirino having her otaku friends over, isn't that development?

(also pretty funny that you used 'w-incest' )

Quote:
First of all the episode felt very disjointed in its presentation. It went form the merry life of Kirino and Kuroneko to this novel "data" plotline, which just gave the impression that they were trying to stuff as much storyline as possible in this episode. In other words, episode felt cramped.
The first half felt okay to me, just the second half date event that felt rushed i.e. it was over too quickly.

Quote:
Furthermore, now that Kirino's friend and family know about her hobby, what is the next issue they are going to target? Sure, we can follow around this bitchy sister around as she explores the anime world, but when we have something like Genshiken out there, what incentive do I have to continue this show if not for a more mediocre presentation of the same topic?
Yeah, I think anime takes much more of a backseat in this show, so you're not going to find something like Genshiken here.

Quote:
I was under the impression that this show was about two things: A brother and sister salvaging their sibling relationship through the accidental discovery of her "strange" hobby, and second, how the sister confronts the world that rejects her hobby.
1)-Isn't that theme still present?

2)-Yeah, not so much (more like Kirino and Kyousuke and Friends, I think)

Quote:
Sure, she had a confrontontation with her father, and her friend, in which her brother prostrates himself to help her, and then we get a "thank you for now, but I'll be a bitch again later" tsundere reaction. But if that is the limit of this show, I'm simply going to be left disappointed.

For one thing it has honestly gotten tiresome how "tsundere" Kirino acts in front of everyone. Every scene now is just her bossing her brother around and acting like an attention freak for some reason that they're intentionally keeping under the surface. I'm sorry, but someone who has practically prostrated themselves does not deserve such treatment. If there's a reason we don't know, stop beating around the bush and get to it.
If you hate Kirino, can't help you there. I think quite a few people dislike her, it's understandable.

Quote:
I realize this is based on a light novel, but the way they're presenting the anime at the very least, makes the plot seem slow and dragged on. If you're a 1 cour show, you need to do better to quicken your plot.
I don't read the novels, but I think it's done a fantastic job so far. It's managed to produce something that's more than the sum of its pretty visuals and catchy soundtrack.
Old 2010-11-15, 02:02   Link #47
Kamonichan

Giving this episode a 6/10. Not a bad episode, granted, but still the worst in the series thus far. Kyousuke's interactions with Kuroneko and Kirino in the first half were really fun, but the "research" half really killed it for me. The editor praising what seems like trash-literature didn't help. Kirino is turning out to be a Mary Sue, if I'm using the term correctly. Meanwhile, the "Kyousuke, get run over and die" and "Kyousuke, buy this for me" remarks pretty much leave Kirino dead to me.

Did anyone else notice that at the vehicular homicide scene, when Kyousuke is the one being put out, that no one noticed their conversation, but at the accessories store, people noticed that Kyousuke was "being mean" to this "date"? And the water bucket scene. So basically, no one cares about Kyousuke, but perfect strangers pay attention to Kirino? At this point, I'm not sure canonically if anyone, literally anyone, would have care if Kyousuke was runover. Even the guy driving the car probably wouldn't notice until he got home and thought, "Why is there personal slave-sized dent in the front of my car?"
Old 2010-11-15, 02:28   Link #48
Lunar Archivist

Wow, just when I thought I couldn't like Kirino less, she cranks the dial up to 11. Her level of insanity in this episode makes Britney Spears seem lucid by comparison.

You want to know what it's like for a person to get hit by a truck? There's nothing like firsthand experience, you bitch.

On the other hand, the way this episode poked fun at some of the, shall we say, excesses that some of the more extremist otaku out there engage in was absolutely hilarious.
Old 2010-11-15, 04:13   Link #49
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
I loved it when they impersonated each other XD.
The impersonations of each other were just great definitely a funny part of the episode, though I honestly laughed so hard and then felt bad after when Kirino told Kyousuke to get hit by a car and said it was the only she could learn how to convey her fear and panic to her readers .

Also Kirino really gets excited over her anime doesn't she? It was cute seeing her sing/move along though . And Kuroneko going on about what she thought about writing in general was amusing too. Overall I give this episode a 9.
MAL
Old 2010-11-15, 04:43   Link #50
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Like what has been said, the first half was interesting whereas the second half was... barely average in my books.

The clash between Kirino and Kuroneko was quite amusing to say the least, and I didn't expect those impersonating prowess.
But what cracked me the most was the seiyuu choice for Meruru: the only and unique Yukarin at our service. It seems the scripters (or the author of the LN?) know well the memes spawned with Nanoha and made a ultimately obvious reference to the starlight breaker and "YOU GONNA BE BEFRIENDED! *MAGICAL BEAM OF DEATH* *B00M*" stuff
This episode also confirms Kuroneko is made of win, whereas Kirino doesn't exactly shine beyond her siscon infatuation.
That being said, I hope they won't forget about the maschera screening otherwise that part will be more or less shown for the hell of it, without exactly keeping a consistant storytelling.

Meanwhile, the second part was... a demonstration of Kirino's selfishness, kicking almost to full force after an eluding absence of few minutes.
I seriously don't see any flag here: we have "cliche" situations that are obviously meant to be taken out of context, and doesn't mean anything special for the siblings (except the earrings of course). So the presentation was kinda annoying, trying to appeal a certain public, whereas it was borderline random.

I was happy to see Kyousuke putting some resistance, alas not enough. I couldn't help but be disappointed when he just reverted into her "slave" after she randomly soak herself (wait what? ok, it is part of her research, but not like she needed to do that and it was the only "relevant" point she did for the whole damn day).

After finishing this episode and putting some orders in my thought, it was just disjointed... and hell it was, considering this Episode was pretty much fragmented here and there (dichotomic feeling to say the least, and that has no connection with the fact I enjoyed only 1 part of the episode). To be blunt, it almost felt like a 4koma storytelling, with 2 obviously irrelevant scenes being stitched together forcefully. No wonder why it seemed rushed like hell.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-11-15 at 04:54.
Old 2010-11-15, 05:13   Link #51
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I like how she intended to spend the night there with Kyousuke *cough
Old 2010-11-15, 05:58   Link #52
Kamonichan

Just thought that Kirino and Kuroneko have an interesting relationship in that in their literature, Kirino thinks Kuroneko should be raped and die, and Kuroneko thinks Kirino should be turned into a sex slave. We don't know who Kirino thinks should rape and kill Kuroneko, but Kuroneko thinks Kirino should be Shikkoku's (Maschera's main character) sex slave. Oddly enough, the picture in Kuroneko's book shows the main character from behind, with a hair style that could very easily be Kyousuke's. So, are the two imagining Kyousuke as the perpetrator? Starting to get a little uncomfortable with these two.
Old 2010-11-15, 06:24   Link #53
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Just thought that Kirino and Kuroneko have an interesting relationship in that in their literature, Kirino thinks Kuroneko should be raped and die, and Kuroneko thinks Kirino should be turned into a sex slave. We don't know who Kirino thinks should rape and kill Kuroneko, but Kuroneko thinks Kirino should be Shikkoku's (Maschera's main character) sex slave. Oddly enough, the picture in Kuroneko's book shows the main character from behind, with a hair style that could very easily be Kyousuke's. So, are the two imagining Kyousuke as the perpetrator? Starting to get a little uncomfortable with these two.
Well..... Shikkoku is the character that Ruri cosplays as. Strangely enough, the main male character does resemble Kyousuke originally.....
Old 2010-11-15, 06:44   Link #54
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Not really impressed with the second part, though it does show how determined Kirino is to get things done, even if it's just writing a novel. I wish I had that kind of determination in writing

The first part had the most gut-busting moments in the anime for me ever, and every second with Ruri onscreen is a delight for her snap-comments

The best parts though were Kirino and Ruri impersonating each other. Both nailed the other perfectly, which not only was one of the most hilarious (and well animated) parts, but also points to something quite profound even as the point was explicitly spelled out later: Kirino and Ruri are such good friends that they can impersonate each other right down to their mannerisms, and while they differ in their opinions, the way they express such opinions are on the same wavelength.

Seeing Ruri with a fang as she's impersonating Kirino though is too

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-11-15, 06:46   Link #55
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

That's said , we can say that Kirino have a "crush" on Kyousuke or whatever.

2nd half , i was glad that Minami phoned Kyousuke , specially cuz it was Christmas eve , would be weird if she doesn't
Old 2010-11-15, 06:49   Link #56
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Well..... Shikkoku is the character that Ruri cosplays as. Strangely enough, the main male character does resemble Kyousuke originally.....
Wait a second... wasn't she cosplaying as the Queen of Nightmare, as stated in Episode 2? It is even more obvious with the glimpse of the animated sequence, and the doujin art Kyousuke was looking at.
I mean, it is hardly possible to imagine her cosplaying as a male character
Old 2010-11-15, 06:54   Link #57
Kamonichan

Shikkoku could possibly be Queen of Nightmare's "real" name. It's a little hard to believe parents naming their daughter "Queen of Nightmares." Then again, it's Japan and in Engrish, so maybe they thought it was cool? Still, the possibility connection exists.
Old 2010-11-15, 06:55   Link #58
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This show has really been pushing the limits of how much I can likely tolerate the boundaries of "hating the ones we love", but the latter half pushed that up another notch.

At this point in the series we are in dire need of believable validation of why in the hell Kirino acts the way she does and treats her brother as such. Speculation about their past is all well and fine, but without context as to her actions it's getting hard to digest and accept her character. We've been getting this since day one, but halfway into the run we still don't see much a palatable basis as to why their relationship and treatment of each other is strained like this. Why is she able to act like his dominatrix and why does he prostrate himself to her whims. There has to be a reason because it makes no sense for something to go this far and not have a reason to. Maybe any reason, as long as it is believable, would be fine. I wouldn't even mind if it's Kyousuke's fault it's this way. All I want is some context. Watching him become her human doormat is getting hard to accept, and it's getting hard for me to not root for Kyousuke completely and dislike his sister if I don't know why the hell they have such a bad relationship in the first place.

As for Kirino, she's either the best actress Kyousuke's ever seen, or maybe she does have more pangs of conscience and civility towards him than we usually see. I really hope it's the latter.
Old 2010-11-15, 06:58   Link #59
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
why the hell they have such a bad relationship in the first place.
Yes , would be better if they can develop it...
Old 2010-11-15, 07:05   Link #60
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Shikkoku could possibly be Queen of Nightmare's "real" name. It's a little hard to believe parents naming their daughter "Queen of Nightmares." Then again, it's Japan and in Engrish, so maybe they thought it was cool? Still, the possibility connection exists.
Except that Kirino says the main protagonist is Shikkoku, and even mentioned QoN tried to get close to him with the girl's corpse.