AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-30, 17:36   Link #1
fruxo

[Anime-Only] Does chidori require the use of sharingan?

for some reason ive forgot about, me and my cousin started discussing this.. he said that sharingan is a MUST for one to be able to use the chidori technique, but i dont see a reason why it should. as far as i know, chidori just use high speed in combination with a massive amount of chakra concentrated to the hand, and a sharingan shouldnt be required..

so now i must ask ya, does chidori indeed require sharingan? and if so, whats the explanation for this?

oh, i have only watched the anime, so try not to give any spoilers..
fruxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 17:38   Link #2
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

i think it was something like the straight charging move of chidori is easily countered, but with the sharingan you can counter the counter or something...........

Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 17:40   Link #3
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruxo
for some reason ive forgot about, me and my cousin started discussing this.. he said that sharingan is a MUST for one to be able to use the chidori technique, but i dont see a reason why is should be. as far as i know, chidori just use high speed in combination with a massive amount of chakra concentrated to the hand, and a sharingan shouldnt be required..

so now i must ask ya, does chidori indeed require sharingan? and if so, whats the explanation for this?

oh, i have only watched the anime, so try not to give any spoilers..
You remember when Sasuke went in to use it against Gaara, right?

The spikes from the ball of sand were trying to hit him and he weaved through them all. The Sharingan's used to allow the user to dodge attacks as he's flying into attack. Since a big part of the attack is the speed of it, you are going to be leaving yourself open.

Don't have to be a Sharingan user to use Chidori, just to use it effectively.

BTW, you didn't have to put [anime] in the thread name. It's assumed if it doesn't say [spoilers] that it's an anime, and hence, non-spoilery topic.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 17:41   Link #4
sarcasteak
WAHA~

As already mentioned already, you don't need the Sharingan to perform Chidori, but for it to be actually useful you definitely should use Sharingan in conjunction.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 17:44   Link #5
fruxo

wow, this is a very active forum!
thanks for the confirmation.. thats actually almost exactly what i told my cousin, that sharingan is probably just so you can counter their attempts to dodge and such

edit:
randomguy: actually i didnt put anime after the topic! dunno how it got there, maybe some funtion i didnt notice or some mod put it there

also, my cousin still dont believe me even after i showed him this thread, he can be kinda cranky :P
fruxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 17:56   Link #6
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
You remember when Sasuke went in to use it against Gaara, right?

The spikes from the ball of sand were trying to hit him and he weaved through them all. The Sharingan's used to allow the user to dodge attacks as he's flying into attack. Since a big part of the attack is the speed of it, you are going to be leaving yourself open.

Don't have to be a Sharingan user to use Chidori, just to use it effectively.

BTW, you didn't have to put [anime] in the thread name. It's assumed if it doesn't say [spoilers] that it's an anime, and hence, non-spoilery topic.
There's new rules...yes I know...yet AGAIN. I really hope we don't have to change it anymore, because there's just so much confusion of what's happening with the rules nowadays.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:12   Link #7
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Great googly moogly.

In any case, dude, if your cousin doesn't believe you, ask him what exactly does a Sharingan user have that a non-sharingan doesn't have that allows for that technique. Because there are techniques that are similar in nature to the Chidori that don't involve using the Sharingan, or having to run at the target.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:14   Link #8
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Great googly moogly.
Ditto that.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:35   Link #9
Victim

Using the chidori without using Sharingan would be possible, but stupid. I imagine that Naruto might be able to make it work, since it fits into his normal fighting style. However, a solo Naruto's hand to hand seems fairly clumsy (when compared to other ninjas). Why someone who can learn difficult techniques would voluntarily fight like Naruto is beyond me.
Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:36   Link #10
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

Dude, I have a question sorta unrelated/related to this. Why on earth is high speed required for the chidori? For it to be destructive? No way! When Sasuke powered up his hand and moved it to the side, we see the wall underneath his feet disintegrate--and I think that similar things could happen to the human body...

I guess speed is required so that people can't dodge it... but you could extend that logic to a number of destructive things that work well when they've got high speed, like some things I can't mention in this thread.

Just think of an advanced taijutsu user who just powered up each hand and attacked. So what if he can't see fast enough for a thrust attack? Just don't attack that way. The chidori looks as if a sideswipe approach could take a significant chunk out of the opponent.

While the speed -does- increase its destructive power, that'd only be useful against an opponent with an ultimate defense like Gaara, which not many people have.
Muad'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:51   Link #11
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Dude, I have a question sorta unrelated/related to this. Why on earth is high speed required for the chidori? For it to be destructive? No way! When Sasuke powered up his hand and moved it to the side, we see the wall underneath his feet disintegrate--and I think that similar things could happen to the human body...

I guess speed is required so that people can't dodge it... but you could extend that logic to a number of destructive things that work well when they've got high speed, like some things I can't mention in this thread.

Just think of an advanced taijutsu user who just powered up each hand and attacked. So what if he can't see fast enough for a thrust attack? Just don't attack that way. The chidori looks as if a sideswipe approach could take a significant chunk out of the opponent.

While the speed -does- increase its destructive power, that'd only be useful against an opponent with an ultimate defense like Gaara, which not many people have.
Well i think it's more because Chidori takes some time to charge and it would give the enemy change to counter attack before you could create it, also if you notice when Sasuke moves his arm to the side he has to use the other one to help him which could mean the Chidori forces the arm to much so you can only use it like a thrusting weapon.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:57   Link #12
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Well i think it's more because Chidori takes some time to charge and it would give the enemy change to counter attack before you could create it, also if you notice when Sasuke moves his arm to the side he has to use the other one to help him which could mean the Chidori forces the arm to much so you can only use it like a thrusting weapon.
Hm, your first point doesn't make any sense because the sharingan and speed have nothing to do with charging it up out of harm's way. Your second point has merit, but what if he just decided not to charge it up so much? Then someone could use it on a taijutsu basis, sorta like the knife extensions Asuma used against Kisame.
Old 2004-04-30, 19:09   Link #13
Joe Dalton

Well I dont think its explained but maybe because you cant get the effect without the speed? Not all attacks are purely chakra based.
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 19:09   Link #14
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Hm, your first point doesn't make any sense because the sharingan and speed have nothing to do with charging it up out of harm's way. Your second point has merit, but what if he just decided not to charge it up so much? Then someone could use it on a taijutsu basis, sorta like the knife extensions Asuma used against Kisame.

Well we don't know if they can control the level of the charge, because like Gai said the Chidori requires for the user to activate their body chakra and transfer it to their hand, and like Kakashi said it's pretty much the same has exploding all your chakra inside of your body, so i think that perhaps it can be possible to charge it more by using more and more of your chakra but it appears to have a minimum limit, because when Kakashi was training Sasuke he said that his limit was at 2, if it was possible to decrease the chakra then Sasuke would simply use less and could to the chidori one more time perhaps.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 19:12   Link #15
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
I really didn't understand it either and just shrugged it off as an excuse by Kishimoto to let Sasuke look badass and pwn Gaara with taijutsu for a while. But a very fast thrust would definitely be better than just a thrust or a sideswipe. Also keep in mind that any destruction to terrain does not apply to opponents in the world of Naruto...I clearly recall a punch strong enough to wreck an entire wall yet did not break a certain character's head and a jutsu strong enough to wreck many many things fail to blow up someone's stomach *wink wink*.

Quote:
keke! I can't respond to this because of the [Anime] >_<

Quote:
A dashing thrust is stronger than a dashing sideswipe, but I understand what you are trying to say...Chidori certainly seem capable of cutting things upon contact.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 19:16   Link #16
rikudark

Well, I think the chidori is meant to be used like a blade, and not just to power up a fist. The palm thrust would make sense because it would throw the chakra forward out of the palm and into the defender.
rikudark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 03:10   Link #17
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:

Wouldn't this just be Neji's gentle fist technique minus the byakugan?
Spaceman Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 12:59   Link #18
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
Wouldn't this just be Neji's gentle fist technique minus the byakugan?
Not if it took out huge chunks of flesh with each contact or near-contact.
Old 2004-05-01, 13:38   Link #19
ziphra
Seed Whore Galore!?!

Send a message via AIM to ziphra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikudark
Well, I think the chidori is meant to be used like a blade, and not just to power up a fist. The palm thrust would make sense because it would throw the chakra forward out of the palm and into the defender.
^^ I agree. Also, because of the high amount of Chakra being formed, it might be possible that controlling the Chakra to make it act like a blade would be difficult if you were to just stand and use it. However, gaining some acceleration and velocity may enable the Chakra to be more easily controlled, therefore forming the blade type attack that would cut through an opponent, as opposed to taking off "chunks of flesh" as you would standing, as some pointed out and as seen by Sasuke moving his arm over the wall.

hmm...thats kind of confusing. has anyone ever seen one of those rubbery balls connected to string? its like a kids toy and the ball has like water in it...and normally standing it looks like a ball. But when you spin the string around REALLY FAST, the ball begins to expand because of the water and takes a new shape that looks like a squished flat ball...well thats sort of how I'm explaining the use of speed with the Chidori, so that the Chakra can be made to be used as a blade, not a ball of energy. bah forget it I can't explain things well....
ziphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 00:52   Link #20
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

well maybe sharingan makes it easyer like just watch someone do it and you get the hands signs all you need to do sommon up the speed and chakra another way naruto rasgan is better then sharingan suaeke can't sue it without someone teaching him it
fullmetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote