AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 12:01   Link #121
alamarco
Why hello there!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the introduction of Akune into the student council was terrible. That really ruined the chapter for me. I really dislike his character, the way he acts and what the future lies with them 3. I'm hoping somehow the author realizes his mistake and gets him out of the student council as soon as possible.

The best part, Medaka in her "So win" pose. Amazing, she was so cute there.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 12:04   Link #122
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, as much as I can't stand the bishie myself, he is actually rather useful in a way- think about it, a rival for Zenkichi= more possible development for Zenkichi and Medaka. True, it's an overused card, but it is a double-edged swrd. It will force Zenkichi to become more active in when it comes to Medaka, in a sense
How? Let's ignore the oneshot. We, readers, know that Zenkichi is in love with Medaka, he said it himself. We also know that Medaka has some feelings for him, she is jealous, she has her "moe" moment in last chapter. It might indicate she is in love with him, but it may be just feelings for childhood friend. We know for sure, Medaka is interested in bishi bastard, otherwise how should she know that he has a nice handwritting?

Lets try to look from Zenkichi point of view. His relation with Medaka is not lovers, not even friends, but master - servant relation. He is aware of that, he calls himself Medaka dog. She is stripping around him, but masters do change clothes around servants...
Now some bishonen appeared, so pretty that all girls are stunned by his beauty. Althought Zenkichi technically has won, in fact he was pwned by Akune, 1 to 9 is not a victory... Zenkichi has got that 1 point, cause Medaka asked him to do it. And as a "reward", she introduced bishi bastard to the council. She told him, that she wants to work only with him, but he has to put some effort to get better position in the council. So by introducing Akune she is telling that she want's to work with him, and she consider Akune as a more formidable than Zenkichi.
I couldn't imagine how introduction of bishi bastard to council could help in Zenkichi - Medaka relation. I think Zenkichi consider himself not worth Medaka (I'm her dog, not I'm her friend), so how her acceptance for someone more handsome, stronger and (probably) better student could raise Zenkichi selfesteem? In almost every chapter someone told him, that he doesn't fit Medaka, normal people should be with normal people, geniuses with geniuses.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 12:09   Link #123
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin
Well, as much as I can't stand the bishie myself, he is actually rather useful in a way- think about it, a rival for Zenkichi= more possible development for Zenkichi and Medaka. True, it's an overused card, but it is a double-edged swrd. It will force Zenkichi to become more active in when it comes to Medaka, in a sense
I agree. Akune's the kind of stuff needed in order to make Zenkichi stronger and active to gain Medaka's affection. Medaka's current super status in nearly all field made her worthy for such competition and I'm rooting for Zenkichi x Medaka all the way.

I'm kinda tired of all other romance stuffs where generic guys made so much less effort and super, hot and perfect girls basically throw themselves on such guys when there're tons of competent guys around.

I want Zenkichi to break the barrier and becomes something beyond human to be with Medaka in the end.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 12:12   Link #124
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

aww man why?!

Series had great promise with just the 2 of them alone no need for the 3rd wheel!!!

ahh well not much we can do about that cause I'll have to slug it out for now

we got a super moe Medaka again so guess its all good
Old 2009-06-13, 12:13   Link #125
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't like the addition of another character as well, but I don't get the complaint really. I'm just enjoying the ride.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 12:23   Link #126
Johnny
Working the bags...

Isn't he already almost beyond human...? When he was going around the other clubs he was untouchable. Like stated in earlier posts, when Medaka is around he's hidden in her shadow...

All depends how they play off Akune's role in the upcoming chapters, whether or not I see many leaving this one in the gutter. They could just move him as a side character and every once in awhile give him some ink time. I'm ok with that, but anymore than that and it's thumbs down. But don't give him more time than Shiranui or it really be noose to neck...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 12:31   Link #127
TrueKnight

Well I want to see Zenkichi best Akune in the judo department in the future that’s for sure. Right now, Akune beat him by 9 to 1 points. I wanna see a turnaround where it’s 40 to 0 for Zenkichi later on. It’ll be quite a satisfaction I’d say.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 14:26   Link #128
Jourdal

Quote:
We know for sure, Medaka is interested in bishi bastard, otherwise how should she know that he has a nice handwritting?
I thought that the Judo captain said that..it sounded as though she was telling Medaka about that quality so that she willl consider him as a councel member.

But i too despise this guy...she said that Zenkichi is the only one to work with her...but she's given some one else a spot

One thing though..i believe it was AKUNE who was calling Zenkichi senpai..maybe Zenkichi moved up or perhaps there's a rank lower than his ^_^

I hope so..
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 14:39   Link #129
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I agree. Akune's the kind of stuff needed in order to make Zenkichi stronger and active to gain Medaka's affection. Medaka's current super status in nearly all field made her worthy for such competition and I'm rooting for Zenkichi x Medaka all the way.

I'm kinda tired of all other romance stuffs where generic guys made so much less effort and super, hot and perfect girls basically throw themselves on such guys when there're tons of competent guys around.

I want Zenkichi to break the barrier and becomes something beyond human to be with Medaka in the end.
someone who actually gets what I meant... for the rest of you:

what's the biggest reason that a rival is thrown into manga? Usually so that a character can get stronger, right? Well, that's Akune's purpose. Currently, Zenkichi views himself as the type who's simply there to clean up Medaka's messes. Akune will undoubtedly force Zenkichi to realize that he's more then just a guarddog for Medaka, and could even be on her level (well, maybe not quite her level, but certainly better than the current bishi bastard)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 15:25   Link #130
Iron21

Just read chapter 6 and the only thing I got from this chapter is that there could be even more people who joins the council to fill in those last few vacant spots that are left.

Do not want
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 15:27   Link #131
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
I thought that the Judo captain said that..it sounded as though she was telling Medaka about that quality so that she willl consider him as a councel member.
Yes, you're right, I was wrong.

Quote:
One thing though..i believe it was AKUNE who was calling Zenkichi senpai..maybe Zenkichi moved up or perhaps there's a rank lower than his ^_^

I hope so..
Bishi bastard is older, so he is Zenkichi senpai as a student, but as a new council member Zenkichi is senpai for Akune. I hope you're right, and Zenkichi will be promoted to vicepresident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Well I want to see Zenkichi best Akune in the judo department in the future that’s for sure. Right now, Akune beat him by 9 to 1 points. I wanna see a turnaround where it’s 40 to 0 for Zenkichi later on. It’ll be quite a satisfaction I’d say.
Judo captain predicted, that with half a year of traininf Zenkichi will be better. But to accomplish it Zenkichi would has to join judo club and left council (intensive training is time consuming). So to do what both judo captain and bishi bastard wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin
what's the biggest reason that a rival is thrown into manga? Usually so that a character can get stronger, right? Well, that's Akune's purpose. Currently, Zenkichi views himself as the type who's simply there to clean up Medaka's messes. Akune will undoubtedly force Zenkichi to realize that he's more then just a guarddog for Medaka, and could even be on her level (well, maybe not quite her level, but certainly better than the current bishi bastard)
Yeah, for a moment I've forgotten that Medaka Box is a shounen manga, where protagonist need a evil and powerful rival and a lots of power ups. You're probably right, and we will see Zenkichi becoming smarter, stronger, more handsome/manly, training judo/kendo/whatever to master level while working as a council member, studying, protecting Medaka and stopping bishi bastard evil plans. Very realistic. I prefer Negima, where miracles happens everyday, and Negi is considered prodigy from the start.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 17:17   Link #132
Mentar
Banned

Folks, we _need_ a few more recurring characters here, otherwise the episodes will remain "issue of the week" style. And while I agree that Akune is a bit of a PITA so far, I do believe he can act as a useful foil for later developments.

Give the author some leeway, I'd say.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 18:02   Link #133
Jourdal

I don't mind Recurring characters, i thought that the Hyuga guy was awesome and a good reminder that this is in WSJ, but he didn't join the council so i like him.

Maybe because I'm reading to love Ru and i picture him being Saki to Medaka's Zastin..which is okay but Zastin doesn't have any other admirors..

THis series has broken quite a few general cliches which is why i like it..i saw that you guys had a healthy discussion and that lurking just wasn't going to cut it so i joined ^_^

Anyways..normally the MC in a situation like this is a wimpy whiny bastard with no confidense or skill (Rito Yuuki lol) but Zenkichi is badass..i mean really badass

The female lead is usually skinny or somewhat plain (god forbid a girl looks good and has a nice personality) and somewhat shy, Medaka is a magnificent bastard (or B*** i guess but i don't like calling her that) and she's curvaceous on top of all that.

And the main characters bud is usually a some loser friend...but in this series both of Zenkichi's closest friends/acquaintances are women..which is awesome.

When i saw Akune..i figured this would be a one time thing..and he would be like Run from to love ru for a few chapter..now i hope he's like Run period (pretty much out of the picture at this point in the story).

@Mentar...whats PITA?
Old 2009-06-13, 18:08   Link #134
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Pain in the Ass.

Anyway I agree with Mentar.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 18:11   Link #135
Jourdal

Oh okay..i don't find him to actually be a pain in the ass....in another series i would have liked him...I mean..drawing Bishies is my specialty, but in this case he is a nuisance.
Old 2009-06-13, 18:22   Link #136
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Now it really hinges on the next member, it will certainly make it or break it. I'd thought Shiranui would be the 2nd.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 18:29   Link #137
Jourdal

I was praying for Shiranui to be the next member

But for some reason i don't think any girls will be the council for a while.
Old 2009-06-13, 18:40   Link #138
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Well they definitely need some girls in there. The last thing we want is some sort of reverse harem and makes it look like shoujo.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 18:44   Link #139
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well Nabeshima said she was still gunning for Zenkichi, but I don't see that really playing out much...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 20:40   Link #140
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Keep in mind too that this is only 6 chapters so far; we need to be patient, and I'm sure we'll get some good development within a few weeks (be glad this ain't monthly... the wait would kill us all)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council