AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 14 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.19%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.19%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-19, 12:10   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Darker Than Black - Episode 07 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Darker Than Black, Episode 07.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-11-19, 12:15   Link #2
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I am using tags, because there are some who prefer to wait for episode. Translations will be posted as soon as they are available.

Thanks to DTB FC of BA for spoilers

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Spoiler for Pics:

Spoiler for Guess Who:
Old 2009-11-19, 12:18   Link #3
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Hei's into S&M...

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-19, 13:37   Link #4
sirn
田舎者言うな

Spoiler for Episode 7 summaries:
Old 2009-11-19, 15:30   Link #5
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ahahahahaha! Knew it!

They brought in another super powerful Contractor just to move the plot, and when they are done, they just kill him off. It's already a gag, considering how many times they've done this already...

The rest of the episode... Meh, nothing that great. I guess one good thing in the episode was that they didn't do Suou's deredere over that old man...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-11-19, 15:45   Link #6
Kunagisa

I wonder how fast the Chinese's going to sub it this time.
Old 2009-11-19, 17:30   Link #7
PiggyBank
sneaky & suspicious

watched the raw while waiting for the subs so I didn't get much , but I can't help myself, sorry about that
Spoiler for Hei:
Old 2009-11-19, 20:00   Link #8
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyBank View Post
watched the raw while waiting for the subs so I didn't get much , but I can't help myself, sorry about that
Spoiler for Hei:

that makes me sad... i want my hot hei back!!!!! Damn Bones and their mind games...

And about the episode... it was kind of a filler dont you think?... we have just 12 episodes BONES, you can make fillers!!!

Last edited by Vanehei; 2009-11-19 at 20:48.
Old 2009-11-20, 01:43   Link #9
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Mmmmmeh, mixed feelings. On the one hand they did emphasize again for the nay-sayers that dolls do still have a degree of free will; even July was helping out without instructions. And we got some focus on how Suou doesn't think of dolls as just tools, just as Hei did. (I say "did" because he seems to have devolved a little bit to the "dolls are just tools" mindset himself as part of his new emo-self, although he shows a bit of appreciation for July at the end)

On the other hand, we get a "freak of the week" villain, and they really could have integrated the parts with Suou's appreciation of dolls into a more plot-oriented episode rather than basically have almost everything come to a standstill for a story about Suou and dolls. This is really not what they should be doing in a 12-episode series. At least the next episode looks to be furthering the plot again.

6/10
Old 2009-11-20, 05:35   Link #10
hei

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7 summaries:
Well summarized. Several things were revealed and confirmed in this episode. I would like to add one or two things which I believe are important to understand what's going on.

Dr Pavlichenko fabricated the official document of his family member registration TWICE. It's not revealed when, but I think it implies death and rebirth of either Suou or Shion. However, a question is remaining. From the beginning, we were informed that Dr Pavlichenko can forge human's memory, but how can he have a replica of physical body for himself and Suou/Shion? Is this related to Shion's ability as a contractor? Well...

Genma describes the NAO as a roost of dolls. Interesting.

Btw, I think Iriya Sokurov is working for Russian Agency.

Finally, the most important thing. There is no henshin scene in this episode!

Last edited by hei; 2009-11-20 at 05:47.
Old 2009-11-20, 06:38   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hei to the rescue yet again, with his rave music!

I really liked this episode. Some nice development for July and Suou development, and at the same time we get to laugh at Hei's disguise. & laugh i did.

The contractor in this episode was a creepy, eerie guy. Kinda lost that image when he started talking though.

& the best scene this week has to be Suou planning to hit Mao with a snowball.
Old 2009-11-20, 06:59   Link #12
justdreamin

I don't know if this is revelant but in the Gemini myth one of the twins gives up part of their life so that the other may live. Darker than black seems to be following this myth based on suou and shion's stars, so maybe Shion did infact give up part of his contractor powers so that suou could live after the meteor. The other power of shion could be in making duplicates.
Old 2009-11-20, 08:36   Link #13
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

dang...hei cut the guy's fingers off doing that little jump thar :O!
Old 2009-11-20, 09:20   Link #14
RGB

Fun episode. Some familiar faces showed up again. Mao delivered his old man routine. Suou went into a contractor trans with some grisly results. (When did she train at throwing projectiles?) Poor July got the naked child duty this week. (Hang in there, little guy! Maybe with enough emotional development you too can start killing contractors left, right and center with your observation ghosts.) And Hei swooped in for the rescue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
Finally, the most important thing. There is no henshin scene in this episode!
If nothing else, I'll remember that creepy psycho-killer anesthetist for keeping this episode maho shojo free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
I don't know if this is revelant but in the Gemini myth one of the twins gives up part of their life so that the other may live. Darker than black seems to be following this myth based on suou and shion's stars, so maybe Shion did infact give up part of his contractor powers so that suou could live after the meteor. The other power of shion could be in making duplicates.
Shion probably makes the clones and Dr. Pavlichenko takes care of the memory transfer.
Old 2009-11-20, 12:23   Link #15
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Had just watch DTB for about 5 days...I must say, I shouldn't watch this in marathon when I haven't even watch this before. It makes my mind full of it and I don't think I can't think of anything else beside DTB for this week >.<

anyway....surprisingly, this episode is quite good for me o.o and for some reasons, Suou looks more 'human' than before >_>;

Old 2009-11-20, 12:28   Link #16
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

This wasn't the best episode so far however it was an OK episode.

It felt more like a filler-character development episode for Suou, Hei's teachings are really coming in handy for her. I think it's the first time she actually tried to kill a human being, or rather to say, she inflicted serious wounds on her victim although I don't think she hit anywhere vital but she could have died from bleeding.

Another question that popped into my mind is, why did Hei say "You should thank July"? How did he know July helped him since he can't see observation spirits?
Old 2009-11-20, 12:46   Link #17
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Probably when July observation ghost surprised that psychopatic contractor when he was trying to put Hei into 'that' state to kill him. After he was surprised, it seems that Hei managed to gain consciousness(?) and managed to kill him at last.

The problem is, how can he manage to find their place ? probably with informant or something like that...

Old 2009-11-20, 12:58   Link #18
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

It was a a mediocre episode, The pace is suffocatingly slow. Though we did finally find that souo's dad is alive and well. But Hei & co. haven't even reached tokyo yet, I should give up hope for seeing any more older characters though.

Also Illya was interesting but was snubbed out without any real exposure.
Old 2009-11-20, 13:11   Link #19
Aqua Knight

A soothing episode. Actually liked that glass throwing. Not much action but still watchable and enjoyable.
Old 2009-11-20, 13:46   Link #20
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Another question that popped into my mind is, why did Hei say "You should thank July"? How did he know July helped him since he can't see observation spirits?
Exactly... That was really weird to me...

Btw. that was weary bad episode...

damn.. only 12 ep and fillers ?!! What about Yin, what about Misaki ?