AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-26, 21:05   Link #41
Shadow5YA

My point was to understand the parents' point of view. Kyosuke is the elder sibling, of adult age, and a male. Kirino is the younger sibling, still a child, and a girl. Of course Kirino is going to get more attention. Kyosuke has shown that he gets annoyed when he's put up to his sister's standards, but at the same time, he's fine with it. Note how the only time he gets into trouble or argument with his parents is when he's willingly defending Kirino's eroge hobby.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:00   Link #42
Kamonichan

It seems the entire family cares about Kirino in their own way, but there really is no way someone like Kyousuke can be considered an adult. He's only 16 or 17, and that's not even a legal adult. Heck, the term "young adult" was only invented because family psychologists were struggling with how to refer to people who are no longer children but, more importantly, not quite adults. His parents have pretty much proven that they don't care much for him, and he seems to have adopted the same attitude toward them, probably as a survival mechanism from when he was younger. And I don't think it's so much he's "fine with it" as he is "resigned to it." Possibly the worst "normal" parents I've seen in anime in a while. Poor Bro-suke...
Old 2010-10-28, 01:15   Link #43
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
It seems the entire family cares about Kirino in their own way, but there really is no way someone like Kyousuke can be considered an adult. He's only 16 or 17, and that's not even a legal adult. Heck, the term "young adult" was only invented because family psychologists were struggling with how to refer to people who are no longer children but, more importantly, not quite adults. His parents have pretty much proven that they don't care much for him, and he seems to have adopted the same attitude toward them, probably as a survival mechanism from when he was younger. And I don't think it's so much he's "fine with it" as he is "resigned to it." Possibly the worst "normal" parents I've seen in anime in a while. Poor Bro-suke...
To be fair as far as I can tell, he has a normal relationship with his mom and it's just that his dad is hard to approach. He is just being a normal teenager.
Old 2010-10-28, 18:42   Link #44
Kamonichan

Hmmm. I have to admit, he and his mom do have a more normal relationship. Doesn't seem like a healthy one, but it is more normal.
Old 2010-10-31, 21:28   Link #45
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I dont know if this has already been posted but a few things came to my mind about Kyousuke...

Spoiler for Kyousuke IMO:
Old 2010-10-31, 23:08   Link #46
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

I just can't help but wonder why Kyousuke himself goes so far for Kirino; after all that he's done, a mere "I care for my sister" won't cut it, there has to be more depth to it.

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
Old 2010-11-01, 02:38   Link #47
Divini
Senpai!

Well

All I have to say is, if there's one person I'd pick that deserves a siscon ending, it's this guy.
Old 2010-11-01, 03:20   Link #48
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Well

All I have to say is, if there's one person I'd pick that deserves a siscon ending, it's this guy.
I should trade Kyousuke to Koshiro from Koi Kaze. He deserves more than that perverted brother.
Old 2010-11-01, 04:26   Link #49
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I just find with to be a tank to everyones abuse over Kirino's hobby.
Old 2010-11-01, 04:39   Link #50
Kamonichan

Well, now we know that Kyousuke's father is also tsundere, what with episode 5. As far as Kyousuke goes, I'm beginning to wonder if the guy's broken in the head. It's amusing that he throws his pride away in order to protect Kirino, but then again, protecting Kirino seems to be what he takes pride in. I think the fact that he stopped caring what his parents thought about him, for whatever reason, is why he's able to basically kill other people's expectations of him.
Old 2010-11-01, 12:15   Link #51
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Someone needs to give Kyosuke a damn hug. Unless he doesn't care about his spiraling rep, he's likely to crack any minute now.
Old 2010-11-01, 13:40   Link #52
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Someone needs to give Kyosuke a damn hug. Unless he doesn't care about his spiraling rep, he's likely to crack any minute now.
Which is why I'm looking forward to next ep where it seems they will put more focus on the childhood friend Manami. If there's anyone so far that seems to really appreciate Kyousuke and will be more than willing to give him a hug, it's her. And he really does need one, he rivaled Touma in sheer martyrdom at this point.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:50   Link #53
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Well, now we know that Kyousuke's father is also tsundere, what with episode 5. As far as Kyousuke goes, I'm beginning to wonder if the guy's broken in the head. It's amusing that he throws his pride away in order to protect Kirino, but then again, protecting Kirino seems to be what he takes pride in. I think the fact that he stopped caring what his parents thought about him, for whatever reason, is why he's able to basically kill other people's expectations of him.
Well think about it a little... Kyousuke basically lead your normal, unchanged life that started to bore him out of his mind. His parents don't really care about what activities he does, only about Kirino. Being the kind, yet perverted in some occasions brother that Kyousuke is. He just has to do his best to keep Kirino's reputation in both modeling, and otaku, even if it does lead to him bringing down his expectations from other people that were barely even established in the first place. Kyousuke basically doesn't care what people think about him... Only about helping Kirino out, and "trying" to live out his remaining days of being normal.
Old 2010-11-01, 22:26   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm getting irritated at Kyousuke allowing himself to be Kirnio's lap dog, but it isn't entirely her fault. Kyousuke brings some of this on himself - he should really stand up for himself and not simply be content to be her dog. He's not doing her any favors by simply doing her bidding - if he wants to help her, he should tell her flat-out "If you want people to save your ass, you better learn to start treating them with a little respect". She'll learn to be a better person that way, but before that happens, he's going to have to learn a little self-respect.
Old 2010-11-02, 03:01   Link #55
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Mmm idk Kyousuke's smile always makes me think he's a lot more clever than he lets on. He's prolly just as intelligent as his lil sis, just lazier. By allowing himself to take orders from her he draws closer to his little sister, isn't that what every big brother wants?
Old 2010-11-02, 03:24   Link #56
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm getting irritated at Kyousuke allowing himself to be Kirnio's lap dog, but it isn't entirely her fault. Kyousuke brings some of this on himself - he should really stand up for himself and not simply be content to be her dog. He's not doing her any favors by simply doing her bidding - if he wants to help her, he should tell her flat-out "If you want people to save your ass, you better learn to start treating them with a little respect". She'll learn to be a better person that way, but before that happens, he's going to have to learn a little self-respect.
Very well said... Hes a man with big balls, but using them for the wrong purposes. By allowing her to push him around like a dog, she gains absolutely nothing.

As this is only 5 episode in, I really hope this changes by the time its over...

Quote:
Mmm idk Kyousuke's smile always makes me think he's a lot more clever than he lets on. He's prolly just as intelligent as his lil sis, just lazier. By allowing himself to take orders from her he draws closer to his little sister, isn't that what every big brother wants?
Sure, but you dont have to sacrifice your dignity to become closer. If that is what it takes to get close to someone, I'd say no thank you anyday.
Old 2010-11-02, 15:01   Link #57
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Very well said... Hes a man with big balls, but using them for the wrong purposes. By allowing her to push him around like a dog, she gains absolutely nothing.

As this is only 5 episode in, I really hope this changes by the time its over...

Sure, but you dont have to sacrifice your dignity to become closer. If that is what it takes to get close to someone, I'd say no thank you anyday.
You make it sound like he cares about his reputation. Remember that before the series started, he could and did ignore Kirino. It's his choice to take the fall. He was also the one who first pressed Kirino to make up with Ayase before Kirino told him to take responsibility for their falling out.
Old 2010-11-02, 23:36   Link #58
Kamonichan

A job where one must sacrifice his dignity is perfect for one who has no dignity. Thank you, Bro-suke. Thank you.
Old 2010-11-02, 23:49   Link #59
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post

Of course he gains something, "Flag" points
Old 2010-11-02, 23:55   Link #60
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You make it sound like he cares about his reputation. Remember that before the series started, he could and did ignore Kirino. It's his choice to take the fall. He was also the one who first pressed Kirino to make up with Ayase before Kirino told him to take responsibility for their falling out.
Reputation has little to do with it. Its about appreciation and respect for a brother that has done so much. Sure, she may say thanks once and a while but is that really enough to justify her jerk-like attitude towards him 99.9% of the other times? Even to go as far as ordering him to stay in his room because she dont want her friends to see him.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters