Old 2010-12-04, 01:22   Link #41
secretzfan
*Fansubber

This is getting rather intriguing
Old 2010-12-04, 01:48   Link #42
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
What exactly am I supposed to refute? You haven't made any points yet.
The fact that this is NOT, in fact, a fanfiction, which you have tried repeatedly to refute, as well as the fact that I am not plagiarizing; which you have also tried to refute. So yes, you are aware of points I have made; you simply have not refuted them and wish to question the simplest and ridiculous of things as to avoid actually refuting me.
Response?

Quote:
And you don't have to tell me when I'm funny, being fully equipped with a sense of humor myself, I am more than capable of realizing it on my own.
Humor is subjective. I was merely expressing MY personal amusement with it.
I said nothing about whether YOU thought it was funny (that being SLIGHTLY obvious). And why are you making a big deal about it in the first place?

Response?
Old 2010-12-04, 07:36   Link #43
maewie

Ehm? Whatever you say; what you do is against the law. If you really want to do something about it, talk to Kubo and ask his permisson! If he says yes; its all cool. If not, well too bad.

Fanfiction is one thing, this is just Bleach in another form...:P I understand that you want to be creative, and its a fun idea;but it it isnt allowed. Fanfiction in itself is suspiscious enough.
Old 2010-12-04, 07:57   Link #44
Anubis62

Quote:
That was me using a rhetorical question to criticize what you're doing.
If that's the case, then my entire point of view could be rhetorical just to make you debate with me for no reason.

Quote:
It seems like instead of addressing my point, you just asked me to help you 'fix' the plot. As in, you asked me to help you write fanfiction.
No?
The line between a novelization and fanfiction will be walked carefully
and
yes; it has elements of "Fan-fiction" in it, but that does not make it a fanfiction

You must refute that last point to start with, Gin; so far, you have not done that.

Quote:
a) just because its different from most fanfictions, doesn't mean its not fanfiction.
b)The line goes away when you start filling in plot holes, as soon as you do that, it becomes fanfiction.
Sure it is.
And...Um...no? Prove it. THAT'S what I've been waiting for, gin; while you've been smart-mouthing and giving us links to being rikrolled.

Quote:
This isn't about making my reputation bigger, its about using my smart-mouth/fingers to ridicule you while I wait for you to come up with a valid argument.

Since you can't seem to refute my argument, I guess you are admitting, that you are in fact writing a fanfiction?
You are blinded by your self-righteousness; obviously, I have made a very clear case, and you have not yet refuted it; except by repeating the fact that it IS, in fact, fanfiction. You are just making declarative statements; whereas I am at least supporting my views.
I've made many of your comments...disappear. You'll say something; I'll destroy it. you cut your losses and shut your mouth. It's only a matter of time, Teacher, until the same thing happens. Does "plagiarism vs copyright", "sense of humor", "Tite Kubo getting credit" and "lists", ring a bell?
You could pass it off as being a smart mouth, but then you were just making a fool of yourself and wasting your own time.

@ Maewie
Having a Bleach avatar is against the law. Writing fanfiction IS AGAINST THE LAW.
SELLING my book would be "against the law". Doing ANYTHING with someone Else's work is "against the law". It's only when you sell the stuff that there's a real issue.

Last edited by Anubis62; 2010-12-04 at 08:55.
Old 2010-12-04, 14:09   Link #45
maewie

@Anubis62: You were the one talking about publishing...:P I still think you should talk to Kubo though.

Remember..we live in a material world
Old 2010-12-04, 14:28   Link #46
Gin
*Artist

When you add your own element to the story, it becomes fanfiction, that is a fact. You have yet to refute that, except by saying, "No its not"
When you fill in a plot hole its a fan adding fiction to the story, making it a fanfiction. Please improve your argument past just saying that its not fanfiction, you're being childish. You aren't making my points disappear, I'm just not continuing trolls I started in an effort to actually have a discussion with you, but if you want I can just go back to trolling and kill this thread. I'm not wasting my time, I'm wasting yours, thats the point of this.
Old 2010-12-04, 14:39   Link #47
Anubis62

Quote:
When you add your own element to the story, it becomes fanfiction, that is a fact. You have yet to refute that, except by saying, "No its not"
When you fill in a plot hole its a fan adding fiction to the story, making it a fanfiction.
Again, your own words:

Quote:
Its only fanfiction if a fan makes something new, this is just rehashed Bleach, without the pretty pictures of buxomly lasses to make up for the terrible storyline.
What do you think 'rehashed Bleach' is?
And again, I've said THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
Well, it's made by a fan, and it is fiction...
In the end, it really does not matter what you wish to call it; only what you consider the content to be.
Sure, I'll judge a book's cover; but what's in between those covers is what really matters.
The purpose of the novelization is, always was, and always will be, to make Bleach better for us who see all those plotholes. Or, at least, to see how Bleach could be if it was better.
TBH, I don't really care what you want to call it. I'm simply defending my case for not selling it as a Fanfiction; because once you start selling it as one, it becomes one.
The 'Death Note BB Murder Cases' was a novelization, as well as fiction made by a "fan". Yet it is genuine canon. That is what I'm comparing my work to.

Quote:
Please improve your argument past just saying that its not fanfiction, you're being childish. You aren't making my points disappear, I'm just not continuing trolls I started in an effort to actually have a discussion with you, but if you want I can just go back to trolling and kill this thread. I'm not wasting my time, I'm wasting yours, thats the point of this.
And THAT'S not childish? At least I'm attempting to carry on a reasonable discussion; not being a malicious hypocrite. Teachers are meant to cure ignorance; not spread it via their actions.
EDIT: and if Trolling kills a conversation/thread, how can you defend doing it previously in an attempt to "carry on a reasonable discussion"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by maewie View Post
@Anubis62: You were the one talking about publishing...:P I still think you should talk to Kubo though.

Remember..we live in a material world
No I wasn't. What I said was that I'm NOT planning on publishing it.
And what is that whole thing about a material world? Is that implying that I need reminding of an object's solidity?
This thing is ON PAR with fanfiction at the present moment. Irregardless of what I/you/Gin calls it, it needs no more permission than anything else.
Sure, I might send a letter to TK just for kicks (or perhaps a serious investment), but that's a whole different story.

Last edited by Anubis62; 2010-12-04 at 14:50.
Old 2010-12-04, 14:53   Link #48
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Writing fanfiction IS AGAINST THE LAW
Not it isn't, because it is done by a fan base writing it isn't against law publishing it without permission from the originator and making money on it is
Old 2010-12-04, 20:01   Link #49
Alchemist007
*Author

I suggest the publishing route if you want any form of credibility for this being a 'novelization' otherwise it is indeed just going to stay a fanfiction despite what you want to label it.
Old 2010-12-04, 20:05   Link #50
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I hope it gets published that will make it defiantly a novel
Old 2010-12-05, 17:54   Link #51
Anubis62

Quote:
Then why are you comparing this atrocity to that? Are you under the impression that you will get this published? Because thats the only way this will stop being a fanfiction. There's nothing wrong with writing fanfiction, just be honest about it.

I'm always honest about that which I know/believe to be fact. You yourself can attest to that.
I simply think that it is in the motivations/means that label something as a fanfiction. Fanfiction is for the fun of it. My novelization is for a serious cause. Yes, I have fun with it, but that's just a logical thing to do.
To me, it is not a Fanfiction. It doesn't matter to me if you put it in the "Fanfiction" folder in your bookmarks (if at all), I simply refuse to sell it as one. If you think there is something wrong with that, then I'm afraid I can't help you there. As for other people, if they are smart and can make decisions for themselves, then they can decide on their own if this is fanfiction or not. Fanfiction really depends on how you look at the story.
And have you actually read it? Because if not, I would appreciate it if you refrained from calling it an atrocity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I suggest the publishing route if you want any form of credibility for this being a 'novelization' otherwise it is indeed just going to stay a fanfiction despite what you want to label it.
Same goes for you. "...despite what you want to label it." is pretty much what I'm defending here.

Quote:
As you grow older, you will come to appreciate jokes like that.
No; it goes against my very philosophy of life, I'm afraid. :/
But to each his own, I suppose.

Quote:
Why should I care about my credibility? I make lulz, people taking me serious isn't really an issue for me. I'm not anyones teacher here so why do you keep bringing that up likes its somehow relevant?
It's not about you being our Teacher, it's about you being a teacher.

A Teacher should not be a profession, but a vocation. If you believe otherwise, then how can any "students" take you seriously on the job? Teaching is more than placing facts into heads, it's dispelling ignorance...a very serious and necessary task. But it's a bit off topic at the moment, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt at this point in time.
Old 2010-12-05, 18:14   Link #52
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
A Teacher should not be a profession, but a vocation. If you believe otherwise, then how can any "students" take you seriously on the job? Teaching is more than placing facts into heads, it's dispelling ignorance...a very serious and necessary task. But it's a bit off topic at the moment, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt at this point in time.
Off topic
I you wondered why I never pictured you as a teacher I still can't now especially a ELA one that shocked me on all levels, but then most people show I different personality online

Getting back on topic
Also regarding what Gin said earlier on fanfiction being illegal. If that was true Fan fiction. net is illegal and all those fan fics read online would be more limited but there not. Fan fiction would be truly illegal when it is used to get money without the originators consent
Old 2010-12-08, 17:05   Link #53
Anubis62

New Version Uploaded

Here it is: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CIqbrrcN

1.) If the link does not work, or you are having any other problems, please let me know and I will try to fix it.

2.) If no one has any suggestions regarding the actual content, then I will begin writing the second chapter.
Old 2010-12-08, 17:56   Link #54
secretzfan
*Fansubber

You know I was going to write something like that one time it was were I had a casting role set up., but I stopped it
Old 2010-12-08, 22:23   Link #55
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good start there! You could probably do footnotes to give meanings to any specialized term to bridge the language gap such as "shinigami" "hollow" etc. which would let you have a bit more freedom at presenting your story rather than worrying about your readers' not knowing a term. If they are really bothered by a term, they can always look it up in the footnotes. On that note, get rid of the parenthesis in the Synopsis. You can also make it a little bit more interesting where a potential reader would want to show curiosity to the story you were about take them through.

And don't worry about those mouthful words such as copyright infringement/plagiarism at this stage. As long as you are stating the original work belongs to Kubo Tite's Bleach some where in your novel, you should be fine, well.... unless you have miraculously made boat load of money from this. Until then, I think Kubo has more worries about people who are reading his manga without paying a cent to him, thanks to the power of internet.

Cheers!
Old 2010-12-09, 11:09   Link #56
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Good start there! You could probably do footnotes to give meanings to any specialized term to bridge the language gap such as "shinigami" "hollow" etc. which would let you have a bit more freedom at presenting your story rather than worrying about your readers' not knowing a term. If they are really bothered by a term, they can always look it up in the footnotes. On that note, get rid of the parenthesis in the Synopsis. You can also make it a little bit more interesting where a potential reader would want to show curiosity to the story you were about take them through.

And don't worry about those mouthful words such as copyright infringement/plagiarism at this stage. As long as you are stating the original work belongs to Kubo Tite's Bleach some where in your novel, you should be fine, well.... unless you have miraculously made boat load of money from this. Until then, I think Kubo has more worries about people who are reading his manga without paying a cent to him, thanks to the power of internet.

Cheers!
Thank you!
Finally, some criticism with depth to it.

1.) I do have footnotes.

2.) The synopsis is taken directly from the original series; I want to make this as accurate to the story as possible, so I used the original synopsis; just cleaned up a bit. 'Hollow; is a series-specific term, really; and Rukia pretty much sums it up for us.

3.) I'm not quite sure how to make it more 'interesting'...
Is my writing really that droll?
I suppose I could research some more writing techniques. xD

thanks again for taking the time to help.
Old 2010-12-20, 16:39   Link #57
Anubis62

Bump?
Come on, guys; I don't want the credit for all of this, otherwise it will all be wasted time. I need input from smart Bleach Fans.
Closed Thread