AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-18, 00:21   Link #1261
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post

Red hair... now where have I seen another underdeveloped, oversensitive tsundere with red hair?
D:

Her hair's not red-it's PINK!!

*points to signature*

See, very pink, there. Her eyes and seifuku collar are red.

But if you compare my pics of her to this pic of Shana:

The difference between the red and pink colors is pretty noticeable.
Old 2011-04-18, 00:29   Link #1262
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Pink is technically just a very light tint of the color red. So he/she's not really wrong.

I remember reading a ways back in this thread that the novel said she was a strawberry blonde. Seems to me like they put too much emphasis on "strawberry" and not enough on "blonde".
Old 2011-04-18, 00:49   Link #1263
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Pink is technically just a very light tint of the color red. So he/she's not really wrong.

I remember reading a ways back in this thread that the novel said she was a strawberry blonde. Seems to me like they put too much emphasis on "strawberry" and not enough on "blonde".
Whenever a girl in art or something has pink hair, her description is almost always strawberry pink. Louise in ZnT was the same way.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 01:11   Link #1264
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
1,250 posts and episode 2 has yet to air... I guess people really like watching a tsundere with guns. Wait, make that an underdeveloped, oversensitive tsundere with guns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Not really right, there was about 40 pages of discussion before the anime aired because of people talking about the novel and stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Counting back when the first post dedicated to episode released #887 all the way to #1252 (not including my post) then just by episode one alone got this thread 365 new posts before episode two. I wonder how many posts came in when they just released the teaser...
Just for curiosity's sake, we're now at 8 threads (1000 posts each) in 2ch for Aria.
While it may seem a lot, keep in mind that Hanasaku Iroha and Steins;Gate have got 44 and 24 threads respectively.
From those numbers, it would appear Aria is not doing particurarly well. Still better than a lot of other anime this season which only have 3-4 threads.

omake:
Spoiler for pizza hut:
Old 2011-04-18, 01:24   Link #1265
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not surprised she blew up Hysteria Mode Kinji. I mean it doesn't seem likely that a girl is going to appreciate being called an elementary schooler (unless she's actually in elementary school ).

Probably would be a good idea though to not go shooting at her classmates too often. Though I think they learned their lesson .
Reading that, strangely enough the first thing that comes to my mind is Alice from Ore-tachi's ep 01. I find it funny because she didn't take offense to the "brat" insult, but the Kumapan one

And I was a bit surprised at Aria's first shots in the classroom. I had thought the best way to draw attention was to shoot at the sky aka desk pop, and not sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
omake:
Spoiler for pizza hut:
It was going to happen. But I'm not digging the simple erase-and-fill method that was used

I summon a user with a lot of time on their hands and activate the effect known as re-coloring!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 02:17   Link #1266
Xacual

Quote:
Just for curiosity's sake, we're now at 8 threads (1000 posts each) in 2ch for Aria.
While it may seem a lot, keep in mind that Hanasaku Iroha and Steins;Gate have got 44 and 24 threads respectively.
From those numbers, it would appear Aria is not doing particurarly well. Still better than a lot of other anime this season which only have 3-4 threads.
Well both of those have multiple episodes already, HnA only aired 3 days ago after all. Also there really isn't that much to discuss after the first ep.

I think it's too early to go by 2ch thread numbers to say it is doing bad. We'll see after another episode or two.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 02:44   Link #1267
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
I think it's too early to go by 2ch thread numbers to say it is doing bad.
oh, I never said it's doing bad. Quite the opposite, since I mentioned it's doing better than a handful of other anime (with multiple episodes aired already) like, for example: Ore-Tachi (4 threads), Enma-kun (5 threads), Sengoku Otome (4 threads), etc.

and yes, I know it's too soon. Just wanted to report some numbers for the sake of curiosity. Take them with a grain of salt.

Quote:
We'll see after another episode or two.
indeed.
Of course, I will keep updating the situation, as soon as more episodes will be aired.
Old 2011-04-18, 04:30   Link #1268
tsunade666

Quote:
Steings;Gate is the freaking awesome game adaptation that the animation even deliverately do almost the same graphics as the game so what to ask more? though I'm not sure on the details on how many episode it will gate but it's a sure boom just from the freaking GAME THAT'S NOT BEEN PUBLISHED IN PC YET!!!!! I WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME but it's not PC.

Hanasaku Iroha is to sad for my taste. Just episode 1... the girl is already crying. It looks good but I don't like seeing crying girls. But I'm still collecting it. I will probably watch it after the series is over. And the story for this anime is really good only if not for the melodramatic atmosphere I might enjoy this one. From what adaptation is this anime? anime original?

Aria just happens to air last thursday and it's from a light novel adaptation. Light novel are popular but the manga adaptation and game adaptation are mostly known or appreciate than light novel. Light novel adaptation just starts to get more welcomed from a year or two but still the other medium adaptation are still more hit.

Give it more time. Plus 2ch aren't the one who decide if it's popular. It's the sales though I might admit the 2ch people are the people who buys the bluray/dvd 2ch=hardcore XD
Old 2011-04-18, 10:15   Link #1269
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Aria just happens to air last thursday and it's from a light novel adaptation. Light novel are popular but the manga adaptation and game adaptation are mostly known or appreciate than light novel. Light novel adaptation just starts to get more welcomed from a year or two but still the other medium adaptation are still more hit.
Well, now that I'm thinking, I think that LN adaptations start to get popular these past months. I don't really know that much about a lot of LN animations before Haruhi Suzumiya. But the LN animations keep piling up, and popularity is rising more compared to manga. The reason why LN adapatations are not as popular is probably because:

1. Not much action in it.
2. Not much official/fan translations of LNs

Hidan no Aria will probably get higher and higher as it gets into the plot...Still, I thought that it was a pretty good 1st episode. Kinji in HSS mode while dodging bullets looks pretty cool.
Old 2011-04-18, 10:29   Link #1270
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
JC Staff doesn't seem to have much success with their shoujo series later... Kaichou... Zakuro... etc.

On the other hand, their formula that involves a Kugimiya tsundere DFC main character hasn't yet failed them... Shana, ZnT (first season), HnG (second), Toradora...

Hopefully the tradition continues, and not end up like Okami-san; that's one show I like, but the public doesn't seem to agree with me... Oh that reminds me; Like Okami-san, the names of the characters in Aria are parodies/referrence of fictional or historical characters right? Does that play any part to the story? The obvious ones so far are [Kanzaki H. Aria = Sherlock Holmes] and [Hotogi Shirayuki = Snow White]
I think Kimikiss was their major catastrophy series simply because the game was so popular while shoujo series while popular where nowhere even close to Kimikiss in those terms.

ZnT second and especially third seasons were bad but thats the idiot director company have to take the blame for and the sale numbers were still much higher than Kimikiss anyway.

Tsundere main always ensures that even with bad directing the series will still do respectable enough to not turn into blast.

Also we havent seen fulltime redhead DFC loli tsundere voiced by Rei yet. Because Shana had black hair half of the time anyway. Louise's hair were pink, Taiga's - brown, Nagi's - blond.

So its actually the first time we will see full-time redhead DFC loli tsundere voiced by Rie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
D:Her hair's not red-it's PINK!!
Compared to Louise - thats not pink.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 11:38   Link #1271
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Compared to Louise - thats not pink.
It's a deeper pink. I think it's the same shade of pink Haruko's hair is (FLCL)

Anyways, compared to Shana, that's not red.

Louise's color looks near identical to Aria-chan's in this pic:
http://tehparadox.com/forum/f44/zero...tbook-1371206/

Artist me likes to argue about colors.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-04-18 at 13:17. Reason: please do not discuss about that here.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 12:03   Link #1272
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

...Aria's hair is perhaps 1-slight shade darker than Louise's. It's hardly even noticeable.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 12:12   Link #1273
tsunade666

I heard again kimikiss as a catastrophe of J.C. Staff. I have watched the anime and it's good for me but I don't get why it's been catastrophic. I specially like the songs of it. I haven't been active in forums back then. I like to play more than to chat but chatting with people who had same interest is much more fun somehow than killing zombies.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-04-18 at 13:19. Reason: such discussion is not allowed on forum threads.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 12:50   Link #1274
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Waaaaaaait a minute. The whole talk about Aria's hair is stirring up again and now I'm perplexed. Just what color is it exactly? First I thought it's pink, then i hear it's Strawberry blonde, and just when I decided to stop calling these girls "pink-haird", now I hear it's red?

The triangles on her head, that's red. Her uniform, that's red. I know she got scarlet ammo, but one thing's for sure, her hair isn't the same as the rest of that
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 12:58   Link #1275
Dahak86
Classics never age

well, certainly her hair and pantsu have something in common.
Old 2011-04-18, 13:05   Link #1276
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Got around to watching episode 1. I thought it was pretty enjoyable i laughed a lot and thats all i ever ask for in a series like this. The concept of high school school students carrying weapons well in the US hell this concept would seem to far fetched lol. Im not really into loli's but she didnt bother me really too much.

Now as for this personality change i hope they find new and creative ways to bring about this change and not use the same old tricks to get his blood pumping in a certain direction . The action sequences might end up being pretty enjoyable looking forward to more. Hell i would fully embrace the sword carrying rule and btw. This girl is like tiny and she managed to pull full sized Katana's from undershirt in the back i was like holy shit where did those come from.
Old 2011-04-18, 13:14   Link #1277
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Waaaaaaait a minute. The whole talk about Aria's hair is stirring up again and now I'm perplexed. Just what color is it exactly? First I thought it's pink, then i hear it's Strawberry blonde, and just when I decided to stop calling these girls "pink-haird", now I hear it's red?

The triangles on her head, that's red. Her uniform, that's red. I know she got scarlet ammo, but one thing's for sure, her hair isn't the same as the rest of that
If we are talking official from the book it's translates as strawberry blond and for all I care because I don't have any clue on color or I'm mostly color blind. It's a darker shade of pink. And as for red. Well it all stems out from red. With different mixtures of white and red or other color. Well mostly it's probably red and white. But it's not pink but darker than pink. And there's a ton of different name of colors and colors that you can't even distinguished it anymore
Old 2011-04-18, 13:49   Link #1278
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I heard again kimikiss as a catastrophe of J.C. Staff. I have watched the anime and it's good for me but I don't get why it's been catastrophic. I specially like the songs of it. I haven't been active in forums back then. I like to play more than to chat but chatting with people who had same interest is much more fun somehow than killing zombies.
I think its because they decided to fix something that isnt broken and decided to create male heros to pair up with girls. Its not a good idea.

Better idea is to go kimikiss manga route or the amagami anime route - leave the main character as he is (without creating new male characters) but give each girl their separate route instead of trying to mix it all into one triangle rectangular or whatever figure.

I didn't like the anime because i thought the game was thousand times better and anime completely lost what was the best about the game by sinking us in that shitty drama.

Doesn't seem like i was alone in that feeling considering the piss poor sales that Kimikiss anime had.

As for Aria's hair - when you compare anime Louise and Aria aria really doenst look pink to me. Darker than pink to the point where she cannot be considered pink anymore.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 14:42   Link #1279
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It would be better and more worth watching if there were no male characters at all... at least in the primary cast. My yuri desires aside, I'd rather see a show with no romance than yet another generic harem moeblob action/comedy/romance.

This isn't any different than Infinite Stratos. They're both crap thanks to the generic loserguy and the "romance" themes.
Old 2011-04-18, 15:37   Link #1280
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It would be better and more worth watching if there were no male characters at all... at least in the primary cast. My yuri desires aside, I'd rather see a show with no romance than yet another generic harem moeblob action/comedy/romance.

This isn't any different than Infinite Stratos. They're both crap thanks to the generic loserguy and the "romance" themes.
Well atleast the fighting seems to be pretty open and the possibility of "he's mine!" fights in the future (possibility) will lead to some action that will interest the fans

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere