AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-16, 00:28   Link #2421
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yes, SCM Souma and Kouga looks good, but why the others’ heads and faces are kinda derpy? And Eden’s hair is not like that. His spiky hair should've been a bit wider beyond his mask.

Now we’ll have to see whether Bandai will focus on Omega line for the SCMs and ditch the Original Series line for a while, or they will be releasing SCMs for both lines side by side.
Old 2013-05-16, 11:18   Link #2422
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I guess the derp is necessary to be consistent with certain scenes.

Or maybe with a closer close up the eyes are okay.

Koga's Cloth already has wings in the Cloth Myth. I hope he uses them in the TV series as quickly as possible.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 17:37   Link #2423
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 58:
Old 2013-05-18, 20:16   Link #2424
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The animation has been so poor ever since Umakoshi left. Not a single well animated episode ever since the second season started. 57 was no exception.
I’m afraid I have to agree with you. Gone is the good fights/choregraphy of the first season. What’s left now is just dull hits and finishing moves. Even the finishing moves are not as inspiring as the first season’s. It’s all fancy Cloths with no bite now . I was able to endure Inferno and Elysium arc’s bad animation due to the story, but none of Omega 2nd season’s story and animation interest me so far (except for Haruto being a rock vocalist . But that's already over). If this keeps on going, I may have to drop this. I’ll give this 2nd season another 10 or so episodes. If there’s nothing interesting happens by then, it’s "good bye" from me.
Old 2013-05-18, 23:26   Link #2425
Birdway
Banned

I liked the way the saints were portrayed specially their cloth shine and the scenarios.

Also lol at jealous Koga. Sure he has a wild mind
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 02:27   Link #2426
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Did they just say that Shun's cloth is gonna evolve? Are you kidding me? The dude can go God cloth and he was Hades, he can single handedly defeat everyone if he wanted to.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 02:39   Link #2427
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Did they just say that Shun's cloth is gonna evolve? Are you kidding me? The dude can go God cloth and he was Hades, he can single handedly defeat everyone if he wanted to.
Sadly, power-ups in SS universe rarely mean anything. You can have a protagonist killed a powerful god in one season only to be ridiculed by the new enemies in the next arcs/seasons. That's how Saint Seiya is unfortunately .

But thanks to the time-skip and the original Bronze Saints not being MCs anymore, we can now have them as “legendary saints” that will likely deliver in the “awesomeness” department ^^.
Old 2013-05-19, 05:14   Link #2428
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Now this was a pretty good, nicely animated episode. The clothes looked beautiful, indeed - especially the Gold ones, very shiny.
Kouga going overboard over Seiya and Saori's closeness was funny, but understandable given his age and relationship with Saori. When they first said he would be jealous, before this season started, i thought he would be annoyed, not downright depressed about it.

We got yet another hint of..
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
At the end of this episode, we see Shun wearing his Omega Andromeda cloth, the one we saw in the flashbacks against Mars. Then the preview says he "loses" his cloth, but a new one will save him. The way they phrased it, combined with that one summary calling him a Gold Saint....it makes me wonder if it's really a new Andromeda cloth.

Anyway, he has no trace of Hades anymore, so that doesn't mean much.

Last edited by Goty; 2013-05-19 at 06:38.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 10:32   Link #2429
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Now this was a pretty good, nicely animated episode. The clothes looked beautiful, indeed - especially the Gold ones, very shiny.
Kouga going overboard over Seiya and Saori's closeness was funny, but understandable given his age and relationship with Saori. When they first said he would be jealous, before this season started, i thought he would be annoyed, not downright depressed about it.

We got yet another hint of..
Spoiler:

At the end of this episode, we see Shun wearing his Omega Andromeda cloth, the one we saw in the flashbacks against Mars. Then the preview says he "loses" his cloth, but a new one will save him. The way they phrased it, combined with that one summary calling him a Gold Saint....it makes me wonder if it's really a new Andromeda cloth.

Anyway, he has no trace of Hades anymore, so that doesn't mean much.
I'm pretty sure a God bronze is still better than a gold. I'm still saying the old MCs should just band together and kick ass again. 5 god bronze and Athena wearing her God cloth as well.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 11:17   Link #2430
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Gold cloths did look gorgeous this week. They put extra effort into drawing them. This was probably the best looking episode of the season so far. Too bad they still can't draw Athena right, she looked very weird in this ep.

It seems like most of the silver saints our heroes took down in the first season survived. The only ones missing are Pavlin and the three guys sent after her, who just happened to be the ones I wanted to see again. Still no traces of Paradox either.
Old 2013-05-19, 11:35   Link #2431
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

If only they can animate the fights as good as they make the Cloths, I don’t even need to consider dropping this 2nd season. The characters’ derpy faces isn’t even a problem for me. Just don’t give me crap fights like in Inferno and Elysium: lots of static moves that makes you feel like watching Marvel’s motion comic.
Old 2013-05-19, 18:39   Link #2432
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Now it's obvious that Toei likes romance more than Kurumada. In the manga Seiya and Saori are in the friendzone while in the animated version they already reached the 7th base.

Still, if Shun shows up next episode what is he going to wear? He could be more femenine than Yuna depending on Andromeda's new Cloth.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 06:44   Link #2433
Goty

Quote:
Too bad they still can't draw Athena right, she looked very weird in this ep.
I noticed that in 53, i thought it was just that particular animation director, but now it seems the character design actually changed a little - her neck looks thinner or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Now it's obvious that Toei likes romance more than Kurumada. In the manga Seiya and Saori are in the friendzone while in the animated version they already reached the 7th base.
Toei definitely loves Seiya x Saori. Infamous filler scenes, "you are my reason to be", Tenkai-hen, and now Omega..

It's funny because in the manga, as far as i remember, Seiya doesn't have any kind of special relationship with Saori compared to the other Bronze Saints, except for being the main character. But in anime canon, they're so much closer.
Old 2013-05-20, 06:54   Link #2434
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Toei definitely loves Seiya x Saori. Infamous filler scenes, "you are my reason to be", Tenkai-hen, and now Omega..
Yeah, Tenkai-hen is pretty much SeiyaxSaori Ship-tease: The Movie . They even got naked together in front of Apollo . But it's still a solid movie.

On the other hand, poor Shaina .
Old 2013-05-20, 07:05   Link #2435
Key Board
Carbon

I'm surprised that Shun is getting back into action

I thought they were just going to ignore anyone who is not Seiya
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:40   Link #2436
j008

Now that shun is getting into the action I wonder if any of the others will get involved as the season progresses.
j008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 16:55   Link #2437
ShiroiRyu

59 :

Spoiler for 59:

Best part is the preview : Nachi and Ban !

Last edited by ShiroiRyu; 2013-05-25 at 17:05.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 17:29   Link #2438
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 59:
Old 2013-05-25, 17:37   Link #2439
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for 59:
Wait, what?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 17:47   Link #2440
Goty

Quote:
Spoiler for 59:
I like it too. Now he won't look out of place next to the new generation, since he's apparently back on full force.
And Bandai has another potential cloth myth to cash in..and i doubt they'll stop there, which makes me curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
59 :
Best part is the preview : Nachi and Ban !
That pleases me greatly, for some reason.I've been long waiting for them to show up and complete the fail five Bronze team in Omega. And man, training Steel Saints is so fitting for them.
Would like to hear Nachi's thoughts on his Wolf successor. Not that he was any better.

Tags
action, shounen