AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-04-02, 13:12   Link #41
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
HAHAHAHA...friggin hilarious. I can't believe I've fallen for every single joke. Am I so damn gullible or do these people have professionals to help them scheme their pranks?
The problem is when they do the prank nearly a week before...

Are we gonna have to start doubting EVERYTHING a month before from now on, so as not to be "gullible"?

Oh well... ranted enough about all those "4-5 days too early" jokes on my LJ as it is... I won't do same here
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 15:58   Link #42
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Sweet. Now I don't need to relearn how to get stuff on IRC.

Oh, btw, I want more. hehe. Can't wait for the next volume to come out. What makes me curious is how many chapters this series goes up to. Primarily because of the fact that it's still going and hasn't even come to a resolution yet.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 21:28   Link #43
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan
The problem is when they do the prank nearly a week before...

Are we gonna have to start doubting EVERYTHING a month before from now on, so as not to be "gullible"?

Oh well... ranted enough about all those "4-5 days too early" jokes on my LJ as it is... I won't do same here
Grrrr...

I even gave you my sympathy snoopy!

*shakes fist*

///_^
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 10:12   Link #44
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

well due to this thread I just got the first chapter of this series.

its ok so far. hope it gets better later on
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 20:56   Link #45
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Day 74

Spoiler:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 22:54   Link #46
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Spoiler for day 75:
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 23:11   Link #47
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I hope they will end it in book 8. I don't know if I can stand the same jokes again and again...
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 23:21   Link #48
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Luckily, they've still managed to keep a relatively fresh sense of humor surrounding the manga... very little is done multiple times aside from established running gags. But yeah, they've already stretched it much too far.
Old 2004-05-16, 23:17   Link #49
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Spoiler for day 75:
Spoiler:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 06:41   Link #50
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-17, 19:57   Link #51
SåßrêStrïké

Send a message via AIM to SåßrêStrïké
Yeah, I seriously doubt it's gonna end up like that, but wouldn't it be totally unexpected if it did? I'm still waiting for your site to translate Volume 5, which it's doing an AWESOME job BTW.
SåßrêStrïké is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 12:46   Link #52
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I just read all four volumes Snoopy translated (thank you!) twice over in three days I really love it a lot, but I feel so sorry for Ayase. Why doesn't Seiji notice her? I think she's great! She's funny (even though she can be a little serious/bossy sometimes) and she has a great body! I get the feeling that Seiji goes for the girls in glasses kinda thing. I mean he obviously liked that girl he helped when he caught the train molestor, and when Ayase was in disguise at the group-date he obviously had a thing for her (and she was wearing glasses). The only exception I've seen to this rule has been the uber-cute waitress/part-time co-worker.

Someone said earlier that they didn't like the 'episodic' feel of the manga, and I usually hate episodic things. But I didn't even notice it until this post. Maybe its because even though its episodic things 'flow' well and its just so darn entertaining that you don't even think about it

I hope there is more development on the American girl, and not just having her 'there' to be a rival. I am anxious for the ending, even though I have a pretty good idea of what will happen. But I really want to see an all-out war for Seiji's heart from:

Midori (back in her own body more or less for good)
Ayase (I'll cheer for the underdog )
American Girl
Shingyouji (LOL, this guy is hilarious! I love his 'bishounen' vision)
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 22:49   Link #53
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Lucy is... well, I found her to be kinda like an ant at a picnic. It's a comedy romance, so you know there'll be an 'American girl' or at least a girl that is kind of like the steriotypical American, even if she isn't literally from America, yet they're never wanted in the story, have very little use, and are ultimately thrown away in favor of the original love interests. And Lucy just never clicked for me anyway.

And about the episodic style. If you read it all in one go, then you probably wouldn't notice it. Especially since Kazurou Inoue does some things with the over-all plot at least every 3 chapters or so. But if you read it one chapter a week for a year you find yourself screaming "God Damnit! Let the damn story GO somewhere!!" But it's been better about that lately... like volume 7 will have lots more plot in it (yay).
Old 2004-06-08, 08:44   Link #54
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I just read all four volumes Snoopy translated (thank you!) twice over in three days I really love it a lot, but I feel so sorry for Ayase. Why doesn't Seiji notice her? I think she's great! She's funny (even though she can be a little serious/bossy sometimes) and she has a great body! I get the feeling that Seiji goes for the girls in glasses kinda thing. I mean he obviously liked that girl he helped when he caught the train molestor, and when Ayase was in disguise at the group-date he obviously had a thing for her (and she was wearing glasses). The only exception I've seen to this rule has been the uber-cute waitress/part-time co-worker.

Someone said earlier that they didn't like the 'episodic' feel of the manga, and I usually hate episodic things. But I didn't even notice it until this post. Maybe its because even though its episodic things 'flow' well and its just so darn entertaining that you don't even think about it

I hope there is more development on the American girl, and not just having her 'there' to be a rival. I am anxious for the ending, even though I have a pretty good idea of what will happen. But I really want to see an all-out war for Seiji's heart from:

Midori (back in her own body more or less for good)
Ayase (I'll cheer for the underdog )
American Girl
Shingyouji (LOL, this guy is hilarious! I love his 'bishounen' vision)
Maybe Ayase can end up being his left hand . I hope he ends up with her but i don't see it happening. What would happen to Midori? Ayase might end up with seiji underling or alone.
Silent Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 02:59   Link #55
ChronoReverse

/me weeps for Ayase

Will she never stop suffering?

As of volume 5, she's still under some sort of horrible curse.

*thinks that if Seiji doesn't end up with Ayase it'll be time to bring out the pitchforks and rake a certain mangaka over the coals
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 00:25   Link #56
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Spoiler for the end... almost:
Oh yeah, for those of you who are all like "Snoopy's taking too long, I wanna see it noooow~" just give me a few more weeks and we'll have volume 6 done. But volume 7 is coming out like tomorrow, so it'll be a while before I can get my hands on it to scan it so that may not happen till mid July.
Old 2004-06-16, 01:04   Link #57
ChronoReverse

Argh

*is SOOO tempted to click that Spoilers button

Must... resist...
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 05:48   Link #58
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Damnit snoopy! I clicked the spoiler and half-way through I stopped. CURSE YOU how could you tempt me so? I'm not good at self-restraint

I'm not complaining about the scanslation speed. I mean, you are doing it and distributing it for free so how could anyone have the right to complain? I was elated to read 3 more chapters of Volume 5 today. My favorite part was undoubtably
Spoiler:

Ahh man I would have REALLY liked to see that in the anime. I would probably piss my pants laughing Anyways keep up the good work. I shall hover over your website like a hungry vulture
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 13:22   Link #59
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Somehow I am slowly feeling sorry for Midori... <_< she tries so hard but Ayase just seems so much cooler all the time.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 14:12   Link #60
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Day 74

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Hadn't realized that she did this in Day 74 also, or I would've given up on the anime weeks ago. Ugh.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote