AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-07, 14:58   Link #341
flowerkill

GSG s2 kicks ass! the first 7 were quite good, but still many people hate it.

I don't get why, though. Little girls, big guns, whats not to like?
flowerkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 15:17   Link #342
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Lack of Reality (Shoot a Shotgun get a rifle bullet), S1 visuals were better, and some piss poor animation.

That's why.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 21:58   Link #343
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
i thought it was good. Only seen the 1st 8 episodes. I haven't watched it lately, Been watching To Love-Ru cause it's funny as hell.

Now to stick to the topic, The 1st Season i though was good. Watching the 1st episode of Season 1 when Henrieta (i think i spelled that wrong but w/e) mowed them down i accually lmao cause they all got pwned.

Season 2 i think is good so far. Gonna try to finish this when i get to it. This did have a good amount of Action in it.
I think it might have a little more then the 1st season.

I saw this on youtube. I soo want the game.
The video is gameplay from the GunSlinger Video Game (Sadly Japan Only).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6cUbtYTtVc
MasterJ633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 19:02   Link #344
chief

Send a message via MSN to chief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Lack of Reality (Shoot a Shotgun get a rifle bullet), S1 visuals were better, and some piss poor animation.

That's why.

Yea thats called a slug

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_slug

So... That paticular point is reality.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 14:57   Link #345
FireChick

The DVD with the Gunslinger Girl OVA is out.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 12:44   Link #346
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Ok Chief you win on that point, though I DOUBT that was the intention of Triela carrying a shotgun. She normally carries a rifle. They just drew the wrong weapon.

And with all the other crappy animation, I can believe it too. Hope the R1 of this makes me want to believe in it all over again.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 22:29   Link #347
dfens

Chief you are way off.

Season 2 sucked plain and simple.

Triela didn't use a slug round. Right before they set up the man hole trap she takes the rounds off her leather shell carrier on the butt stock of her shotgun. And you can clearly see that they are buck shot shells.

A slug round is nearly twice as long.

And in the anime only does Triela you a assault rifle. Her handler even tells her to upgrade to a modern shotgun like a semi-auto benelli M4. But we found out in volume 10 that Mario gave Hilshire the old m1897 after they use it to rescue her from the snuff film set.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 07:32   Link #348
FireChick

Hey! Good news everyone! The English cast for the first season is back for the second season! Yay! Check it out!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8977
Old 2008-12-20, 15:25   Link #349
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Hey! Good news everyone! The English cast for the first season is back for the second season! Yay! Check it out!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8977
The ONLY thing consistent for this series!
Old 2008-12-21, 17:05   Link #350
FireChick

I kinda found an error. It's Alese Watson who's playing Claes, NOT Alese Johnson!
Old 2008-12-22, 02:33   Link #351
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
This series is THE greatest letdown of 2008. I weep bitterly on how low it gets and Season 1 looks like some mythical legend compared to this piece of shit. Bad rewrites, indifferent voice acting and bad animation destroyed the franchise.

To paraphrase someone, "This series did not just scrape the bottom, it has no bottom to scrape on"
Old 2008-12-22, 03:02   Link #352
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
I'd have to agree with the above. Though I have no issue with the series taking liberties with the source material (the first season did that and it turned out most excellently), what I've seen of the second season (9 episodes worth) can only be called a disappointment and the pain is further enhanced by the fact that the source material is so good. It's deeply moving and emotional and it's a damn shame that Il Teatrino wasn't able to convey that.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 18:41   Link #353
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The first season bores me, wonder if the second one is better
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 12:55   Link #354
Wattstax

Ok, I guess I had the advantage of having forgotten most of the first season. That's why I didn't mind the changes. I even forgot about Franco & Franca. Only after watching the whole Il Teatrino I noticed they were already in the first season after looking them up in the internet.

I loved the music and the still slow pace of the show that gave the characters more depth and the situations more feeling. And although the cinematography of the first season is unreached, I didn't disliked the new look. But I have to admit that I'm not very sophisticated of fighting scenes.

The music was great also. Especially the Pinocchio Theme and the Main Theme with its crescendo.
Wattstax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 15:33   Link #355
kamikazex

truthfully, the only reason i kept watching this series was it's amazing music. love the bgm and vocals alot
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 10:31   Link #356
KimmyChan

I really wanna see this second series as I really liked the first series
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 21:08   Link #357
Stratos

Everyone is so negative about this series and season. I myself LOVE Gunslinger Girl. Both Season one and Season 2. I havent read the manga and just because of all the "whine whine whine the manga was better" im not going to either. I like the series as it is and that is the way i want to keep it.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 21:10   Link #358
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Changing the seiyu cast for Season 2 is one hell of a strike against it.
Old 2009-08-14, 13:23   Link #359
ViewtifulAlchemist

Just watched this after remembering that a S2 of this series even existed. I remember when before a S2 of this series was even heard of how much demand there was for it after the wonderful original GSG. When I was looking at general reviews of this series I was disappointed to hear so much negativity about it. "Surely it couldn't be that bad?" I thought.

After watching S2 I kind of wish I was still ignorant of another season of this series being made. The production values, besides the music, just seem very low compared to first season and a lot of episodes from S2 didn't really have much of any impact on me like S1 did. The dark atmosphere surrounding the girls was mostly gone and some of the character's personalities seem a little off now (i.e. Henrietta especially).

Spoiler:

The OP is glorious though I heard it random AMVs already before, it still quite a piece to hear in its original series as it really set up episodes quite nicely (even if they failed the deliver afterwards) and the ED was equally as beautiful.

For the most part some episodes were pretty decent (i.e. Nino episode and Pino/Franco saves Franca episode) but overall coming from the original season S2 dropped the ball. For reason this season just made the GSG series out to be very...eh..generic "government stop evil terrorist...the twist...we they have lolis" show. I dunno the original GSG felt like it was so much more than that, they set the bar too high I guess. It's a shame since I'm not sure if they will go through with a S3 after all this bad press as I still like the GSG universe, maybe they can make up and have a series turnaround for the better. I hope so.

Last edited by ViewtifulAlchemist; 2009-08-15 at 16:07.
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 03:48   Link #360
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
All that you say is true. I liked Pinocchio vs. Triella, Franco and Franca, and the ED, Doll. The final battle really had me very excited. Great action and a great ending. The bad guys got all the pathos this time. Did you see the OVAs? The sister's ghost was pretty good.

Tags
action, loli, seinen