AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-10, 10:44   Link #1681
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
We can safely say that the "80 pages 107 and 150 pages 108" rumor is bullshit now. It was weird to begin with, because I don't see why Gangan would even state how long the next chapter is. Since they didn't, and ch107 is not 80 pages, the entire thing is pretty much bullocks.

Ch108 will probably be longer than usual, like the last 3 chapters have been, but it could be anything from 70 pages, to 100 pages. I fully expect the final volume to have extra material (which will likely not make it into the TV series, but might be added in the final volume of the DVD/BD release) just to push the sales of the final volume through the roof.
Yes, the final chapter will probably be a bit longer than usual, but 150 pages is just way too much. Think of the poor Arakawa-sensei. It's probably already very tough for her to get those 60+ pages chapters done in a month.
Old 2010-05-10, 11:00   Link #1682
GDB

Well, there was 68 pages or whatever of content (69, I guess, after title page since that counts for volumes), so it could still be 80 if there were 11 pages of exposition or interviews or whatever. And 150 wouldn't be that unlikely if you include pages like those in the count. Being the final chapter and all, I'd expect interviews, recaps, character sketches, etc.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 11:49   Link #1683
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, there was 68 pages or whatever of content (69, I guess, after title page since that counts for volumes), so it could still be 80 if there were 11 pages of exposition or interviews or whatever. And 150 wouldn't be that unlikely if you include pages like those in the count. Being the final chapter and all, I'd expect interviews, recaps, character sketches, etc.
Erm, there are no interviews, no exposition, etc. Gangan is out, people have it now, we know exactly what is in the magazine. It was just fake info. I don't see why you're so eager to believe a rumor that has turned out to be false, rather than just accepting that people say things on the internet all the time which are not true.

There is NO mention anywhere in the magazine that there are 80 pages of FMA or 150 pages of FMA next month. It was simply made up.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 12:14   Link #1684
GDB

Quote:
Erm, there are no interviews, no exposition, etc. Gangan is out, people have it now, we know exactly what is in the magazine. It was just fake info. I don't see why you're so eager to believe a rumor that has turned out to be false, rather than just accepting that people say things on the internet all the time which are not true.

There is NO mention anywhere in the magazine that there are 80 pages of FMA or 150 pages of FMA next month. It was simply made up.
So let me get this straight. It's wrong to think there might be basis to a rumor, which wasn't that far off in terms of chapter 107's page count, because the rumor came from what people said on the internet. However, it's correct to assume that there's no extra material (not part of the chapter itself), because people said so on the internet?

Since when did anyone scan every last page of a magazine in, anyway? Last I checked, it's usually just the chapter itself that gets scanned. You seem awful "eager" to jump on people for no real reason.
Old 2010-05-10, 12:43   Link #1685
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
So let me get this straight. It's wrong to think there might be basis to a rumor, which wasn't that far off in terms of chapter 107's page count, because the rumor came from what people said on the internet. However, it's correct to assume that there's no extra material (not part of the chapter itself), because people said so on the internet?

Since when did anyone scan every last page of a magazine in, anyway? Last I checked, it's usually just the chapter itself that gets scanned. You seem awful "eager" to jump on people for no real reason.
No, I'm saying the rumor came from completely unsubstantiated sources (read: random post on 2ch translated onto a livejournal post), while people who actually do scanning of the mags, have the mag in hand, and can answer questions regarding it now have the magazine and there are no extra features. It doesn't matter if they don't scan every single last page of the magazine in. They are not anonymous sources with no basis in facts. They have the magazine. I'm not assuming anything.

Where would you suppose the 150 page count for the next chapter came from then, assuming you want to believe it is true? Maybe there's a 10 page interview with Arakawa and in it she mentions that the final chapter is 150 pages? A 10 page interview which no FMA fan has decided to mention, scan or translate? Think about it rationally for a moment.

Are you saying that if I started a rumor that chapter 107 was 75 pages long, and that the final chapter would be 160 pages long, that because I almost got the page count right, you would believe that the other part of my rumor is also true? This is how rumors get spread very quickly and get taken as fact because people like to believe stuff even when there is no proof. When the final chapter finally comes out, and it's like, 80 pages, we'll have people going "Damn what is this? I thought it was supposed to be 150 pages?!". It's just terrible.
Old 2010-05-10, 12:47   Link #1686
GDB

Quote:
Think about it rationally for a moment.
I'm basing it (not the specific count, but the fact it's going to be huge comparatively) on something you yourself used for logic:
Quote:
Realistically, if 107 is 70 pages or so, then 108 should be 100-120 pages at most. A volume of FMA is typically about 180 pages, so 104-106 would make Vol26, and 107-108 should make Vol27. While it's nice to imagine a final volume being over 200 pages, I doubt it will happen.
And considering it's the final chapter, it wouldn't be unheard of for there to be a lot of bonus crap to fluff out pages that likely wouldn't make it into the eventual volume.
Old 2010-05-10, 12:50   Link #1687
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, the final chapter will probably be a bit longer than usual, but 150 pages is just way too much. Think of the poor Arakawa-sensei. It's probably already very tough for her to get those 60+ pages chapters done in a month.
I can already see the omake about her working herself into a puddle of blood on the ground to make the deadline XD The cow shed must be a very busy place at the moment. 60+ is already a lot. And that's the .. third? fourth? time in a row.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 12:59   Link #1688
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
I'm basing it (not the specific count, but the fact it's going to be huge comparatively) on something you yourself used for logic:

And considering it's the final chapter, it wouldn't be unheard of for there to be a lot of bonus crap to fluff out pages that likely wouldn't make it into the eventual volume.
I don't think you're getting my point (and honestly I'm sick of repeating it because I -am- sounding really bitchy now): there is no source for the 80page/150page rumor. It's just a random comment. If it is something Gangan advertised on the cover, or said on their site, then sure, I can see where you're coming from. It is not, it's a totally random comment from a single anonymous 2ch post with nothing backing it up. Now that 107 is completely scanned (with all the "extra" pages too btw, including the FA Times page), there is nothing close to 80 pages. Therefore there is no reason at all to believe the rumor had any basis in fact at all.

FMA is an extremely popular manga, pretty much ALL extra features in Gangan every month gets scanned along with the chapter. Maybe you don't see them because you only read it on sites which only carry the translated chapters, but I always see all the extra stuff scanned: interviews, ads for the CDs, anime, DVDs, games, etc, and so on. They never amount to more than 2-3 pages, and this month is no different.

I'm sorry if I really sound like I'm ramming it down your throat, but I'm trying to clarify that there is NO basis in the rumor, and it's obvious we've been duped. Unless you want to believe that an anonymous 2ch post without any further details is more trustworthy than people who regularly buy the magazine monthly.
Old 2010-05-10, 17:13   Link #1689
Haladflire65
*Artist

Spoiler for Very small Chap. 107 spoiler because most of us were expecting it:
Old 2010-05-10, 18:36   Link #1690
brod

..WOW

That sums up the latest chapter perfectly. I couldn't believe the stuff that happened..
Spoiler:

Last edited by brod; 2010-05-10 at 18:43. Reason: I'll ask my question in the dedicated topic.
brod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 18:50   Link #1691
dranbit

Spoiler for I think...:
dranbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 19:27   Link #1692
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Man, this chapter's a lot better when I can understand what they're saying. I just know when they get around to animating that part, I'm going to be BAWWWing like a little girl... Damn if Arakawa ain't the best at what she does... ^_^
Old 2010-05-10, 20:35   Link #1693
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranbit View Post
Spoiler for I think...:
I thought the stone goes away when you die o_o.

Anyways, that rumor discussion was kind of ridiculous. Who cares? Enjoy the story, I wouldn't mind 150 pages or 3 extra chapters at all o_o
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 20:47   Link #1694
Kirarakim

My favorite moment of 107

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-10, 20:54   Link #1695
Vicious108

Gave in and read the available crappy quality scanlation.

Looks like BONES did use some of Arakawa's plans for the ending in the first anime series.

Anyways, don't know what to say about the chapter other than that it was great. I would've "felt" it more if Father had been a more compelling villain though.

The title page with all the heroes was pure win, especially Hughes' and Havoc's appearances.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 21:02   Link #1696
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for O_O:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 21:47   Link #1697
GaimeGuy

oh god...

Spoiler for 108 speculation:
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 21:48   Link #1698
xellos2099

Just saw the english scan wow.... just wow

Spoiler for scene:
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 22:19   Link #1699
Polar_Lord

Is it just me or did

Spoiler for Roy:

But yeah, great chapter!! Can't wait for next month =) I wonder if the manga or anime will finish first
Polar_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 22:26   Link #1700
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Just saw the english scan wow.... just wow

Spoiler for scene:
Just had the thought
Spoiler for more speculation:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote