AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 17:24   Link #5761
Bern-san

just read the patch and i can't express my gratitude, thank you WH for such an amazing job!
Old 2010-12-19, 17:44   Link #5762
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Not sure if this has been pointed out already, but...

"Everone" should be "everyone".
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 18:52   Link #5763
kanketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Thanks for letting me know about this. Unfortunately, the issue with fullscreen on multiple monitors is a limitation of the SDL library, so it'd require some major changes to fix it.

However, what you can do is run the game windowed with a larger width: if kanketsu creates (or edits) an "ons.cfg" file in the same directory as the patch (where umineko7.exe lives), and adds the following line to it:
Code:
window-width=1280
Then the game window will be larger if not quite fullscreen, and you can drag it to whichever monitor you choose.

Hope this helps your Umineko experience

Uncle Mion
Thanks for the suggestion uncle mion, I really appreciate it. But it looks like watching a movie with its window title bar intact, so I think I'll stick with the clamshell method for now.

Speaking of "major changes", I wonder if I can expect those be done for the 8th episode patch?
kanketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:03   Link #5764
Judoh
Mystery buff

Just a typo I found. It's kind of trivial to complain about. "It" should be "I"

Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 11:33   Link #5765
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Played Umineko7 on Mac OS X... ran it via command-line to mess with window-width.

Dunno if it's been reported or if it matters so much but there were some [Warning]'s pushed out to the terminal. Never encountered them before in past releases so.... And they just look like misplaced words in the script?

Code:
 ***[Warning] Parse Issue at line 150289 (*umi7_12:1168) - command [it] is not supported yet!! ***
	(String buffer: [it])

***[Warning] Parse Issue at line 191398 (*teatime_7:11298) - command [at] is not supported yet!! ***
	(String buffer: [at])

***[Warning] Parse Issue at line 193785 (*ura_teatime_7:210) - command [then] is not supported yet!! ***
	(String buffer: [then])
Not sure if they actually resulted in mistakes in what I read... mainly cause I wasn't paying attention to the game and the terminal at the same time... and I sometimes have a tendency to "fill in the gaps" subconsciously if there's a malformed sentence.. heh
Vylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 12:53   Link #5766
chronotrig

@Vylen:
Yeah, that's three minor script errors. They'll be fixed in the next version of the patch.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 13:48   Link #5767
Pika_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vylen View Post
Played Umineko7 on Mac OS X... ran it via command-line to mess with window-width.
Care to give more info on that? It could be useful.
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 14:00   Link #5768
pampz21
ShipCore

hi guys.... new here so I wanted to kill some time and I thought why not play umineko from episode 5 to the current episode 7....& if its not too much of a trouble can someone message me a download site for episode 5....I think now I can be up to the challenge! thx btw...I really want to play it.... watching in youtube is fun and all but no theres no meaning of learning the truth just by watching ryt?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-12-20 at 14:14.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 14:31   Link #5769
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
hi guys.... new here so I wanted to kill some time and I thought why not play umineko from episode 5 to the current episode 7....& if its not too much of a trouble can someone message me a download site for episode 5....I think now I can be up to the challenge! thx btw...I really want to play it.... watching in youtube is fun and all but no theres no meaning of learning the truth just by watching ryt?
you can get it here http://witch-hunt.com/download.html it will be legal so no need to worry about that (dunno if they have ep5 but they should have ep7)
Vampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 16:10   Link #5770
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampe View Post
you can get it here http://witch-hunt.com/download.html it will be legal so no need to worry about that (dunno if they have ep5 but they should have ep7)
Episode 7 includes episodes 5 and 6 (all of Chiru so far), so you don't have to worry about that.

Alternately, if you have patience you could just import Episode 8, which will be released in 9 days or so at Comiket. Since it will have episodes 5, 6, 7, and 8, it might save you some money in the long run: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 20:34   Link #5771
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika_power View Post
Care to give more info on that? It could be useful.
Info on what? Running Umineko via command line (with window-width)?

Just open up terminal:
Code:
cd "/Applications/Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru/Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru.app/Contents/MacOS"
./ONScripter --window-width 1280
Vylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 02:22   Link #5772
K2rbka
The Town Sappy

@Judoh & KanonTheFurniture

Just as a matter of courtesy, please set spoiler tags on screenshots in the game even if they are typos.
K2rbka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 05:08   Link #5773
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Wait, wait, the download service is available for SINGAPORE? O: I never knew that there was high demand in Singapore. I never ever met another person in my country who was interested in Umineko.

I'm so happy!

(Now I feel silly for pooling out so much for Himeya.)
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 06:28   Link #5774
GuppyForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Wait, wait, the download service is available for SINGAPORE? O: I never knew that there was high demand in Singapore. I never ever met another person in my country who was interested in Umineko.

I'm so happy!
I just registered to also say thanks for making it available for Singapore. Unfortunately my laptop died a few days ago, so I can't download it yet. Had to use my iPod Touch for this.
GuppyForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 06:34   Link #5775
cmos

In ???? tea party,
Spoiler for ????:
cmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:41   Link #5776
Chrom

Spoiler for Teaparty typo:

"tried to go it alone"
"tried to go at it alone?"
Chrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 09:51   Link #5777
luckyssol

I think "go it alone" is fine. Here's an article that uses that phrase:
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100518a5.html
Old 2010-12-21, 10:29   Link #5778
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sp uh er is a chapter select option provided with the 100% patch? I'm trying to blaze through the game so I can finish in time for episode 8's release.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 11:07   Link #5779
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Sp uh er is a chapter select option provided with the 100% patch? I'm trying to blaze through the game so I can finish in time for episode 8's release.
No, not until the game has been completed.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 11:10   Link #5780
witchfan

You could always just CTRL past the game (it takes about 20 minutes to do so), and then select a chapter.
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation