AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-19, 22:46   Link #18521
FateAnomaly

I wonder whats the penalty for not crying.
Old 2011-12-19, 22:47   Link #18522
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The firing of rockets and scaring my neighbors. Of course, I meant it in a small scale neighborhood sort of way.
You should dream bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I wonder whats the penalty for not crying.
Government sponsored labour at the coal mines. An iron rice bowl, but it is chained to you.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-12-20, 00:22   Link #18523
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I was actually being sarcastic. Even an education system that teaches critical thinking and not trusting the media would still be instilling the belief that nothing the media presents can be trusted (with the result that nobody will bother staying up to date on current events since the news would not be believed).
What you are saying is very true, we will always be biased in some shape way or form. The reason for this phenomenon is rooted in our perception mechanisms which are flawed to say the least. This does not mean, however, that we can't try to understand the laws of nature and do our best to follow them as closely as possible. The closer we are to the natural laws the more harmonious our lives will be.

That being said, the best way to understand the laws of nature currently known to man is science and spirituality. We can develop an educational system which would try its best to provide people with updated information, while spirituality can do its best to enhance our awareness through wisdom. The scientific method is the best tool we have at the moment to approach unbiased info and we only need to apply it to our educational system.

Now allow me to dwell a little deeper into the subject of perception. Our views will always be biased even in science and spirituality, although to a lesser degree, because we are limited by our body and mind capabilities to process feedback from the environment.

We are literary bombarded by information coming from all sides of our environment, but are only able to receive a very small fraction of it and process an even yet smaller part. There are two main obstacles for lack of perception; the body and the mind:

The five senses in our body are limited and the feedback obtained from them is extremely limited, our skin, our vision is very poor, the same goes for our hearing, smell and sense of taste. With these limited sensory tools we must make heads and tails of the world around us, the big problem is that the mechanism in charge of processing information is also very poorly suited for the task.

Our mind's perceptive abilities are hindered by two factors: Language and Ego. Our ego encompasses our associative system and our belief system. It also responsible for attachment and fear. Our system of language is so subjective and subjected to our own associative system, which is formed from infancy, that we can't even understand each other, even if we speak the same language.

As you can see there is no way in hell we cannot be biased, in fact, we can't help it, and I am sure this message will not be fully understood.

For all these reasons we can't claim that we are free, we are far, far away from freedom when we are prisoners of ourselves.

Edit: For any big fans of heavy metal music, I think the band Epica said it best when it comes to us not being free, but being fools into thinking that we are:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2011-12-20 at 00:45.
Old 2011-12-20, 05:20   Link #18524
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

US Lockheed Martin F-35 chosen as Japan fighter jet
Old 2011-12-20, 06:24   Link #18525
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I don't know if it's the best choice for their situation, but it will longer before they get to remplace al their f4.
Old 2011-12-20, 10:57   Link #18526
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Now allow me to dwell a little deeper into the subject of perception. Our views will always be biased even in science and spirituality, although to a lesser degree, because we are limited by our body and mind capabilities to process feedback from the environment.
I agree with you here Sugetsu, to quote Mr. Spock:
"Logic is the begining of wisom, not the end."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The F-35 is supposed to be one hell of a fighter.
I think Japan made the right choice since both the Eurofighter and the F/A-18 Super Hornet are based on older aerospace technologies, although both are still excellent fighters in their own right.

__________________________________________________ _____________

More info on NK:

Mystery surrounds son set to succeed Kim Jong Il

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20111220/D9RO10VO0.html

and on the US Republican race:

Will Ron Paul kill the caucuses?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70674.html
Old 2011-12-20, 11:11   Link #18527
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I don't think anyone else siding with US has a choice on any other fighter. I would rather my country take the PAK-FA though.

Why? Because with regards to stealth fighters built in Russia, they don't evade radar, the radar evades them!

And Lockheed Martin went up.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-12-20, 11:15   Link #18528
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't think anyone else siding with US has a choice on any other fighter. I would rather my country take the PAK-FA though.

Why? Because with regards to stealth fighters built in Russia, they don't evade radar, the radar evades them!
LOL! On the RADARs avoiding the Sukoi.

The PAK-FA is a big fighter, do you think that Japan would want such a large plane?

It dwarfs even the F-22.

Old 2011-12-20, 11:23   Link #18529
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
LOL! On the RADARs avoiding the Sukoi.

The PAK-FA is a big fighter, do you think that Japan would want such a large plane?

It dwarfs even the F-22.

The communist policy had always been "big is good". Besides, I am sure the J-20 would be a better choice if not for the minimal working guarantee streak of Chinese electronic products.

I still think that the Russians have some sort of secret anti-radar weapon that wards off radar streams rather than absorbing them.

Old 2011-12-20, 11:26   Link #18530
GundamFan0083

Quote:
The communist policy had always been "big is good". Besides, I am sure the J-20 would be a better choice if not for the minimal working guarantee streak of Chinese electronic products.

I still think that the Russians have some sort of secret anti-radar weapon that wards off radar streams rather than absorbing them.
You have a good point about the Chinese electronic parts.

The Russians have always loved large fighters.
Maybe its due to payload capacity?
Or perhaps just top speed?
And a countermeasures system that wards off RADAR streams would certainly be interesting.
Old 2011-12-20, 11:30   Link #18531
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Some kind of radar jammer?
Old 2011-12-20, 12:13   Link #18532
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

And a countermeasures system that wards off RADAR streams would certainly be interesting.
I think it is simply because their missiles and bombs are bigger as compared to the "Americunt-sized" ones. Either that or they are dual-purposing the planes to drop Red-Scorpion-sized Spetsnaz-GRU soldiers in enemy territory too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
More like an anti-radar force-field that deflects radar in another direction rather than reflect it.

Or simply a mechanism that beams this song back into the radar receivers.

Old 2011-12-20, 12:17   Link #18533
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
More like an anti-radar force-field that deflects radar in another direction rather than reflect it.
That sound like something from a book by Stephen Coonts, The Minotaur .
Old 2011-12-20, 12:21   Link #18534
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Certainly not. A radar jammer makes the plane light up like a christmas tree. A jammer is used to confuse incoming devices, e.g. faking a proximity distance... or simply overloading the sensitive components in a seeker (EM-weapon).

A jammer is used when the position of the plane is already known.

I doubt the russian "stealth" fighters have any sophistcated means to make them stealthy (to a certain degree the shape of the plane plays a role, but in general this is very much dependent on the coating of the plane and the materials that were used to build it... it is not unknown that russian military air craft are more about robustness than low EM reflection/EM absorbtion materials).

@Japan choosing the F-35... imo infrastructure costs and logistics made this a no-brainer.
Old 2011-12-20, 12:39   Link #18535
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:

As far as I'm aware, it's because the Russians have never had the mid-air refueling capacity that the USAF has always enjoyed, and thus their fighters needed to have a larger independent flight range. So, that means more fuel, which means more space to carry that fuel.

At least, that's my guess.
Old 2011-12-20, 13:33   Link #18536
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Russian designs have always been robust due to the enviroments they are expected to operate. Harsh steppes, to deserts, to Siberia to provide air superiority over Russia and the waters around it...be they the Bearing Strait, the Black Sea, or the Artic Ocean.

They are built to last in harsh enviroments with dirt, or even permafrost runways.

American designs are more high tech, but tend to be enviromentally fragile. Americans operate off concrete runways most of the time, or Aircraft carriers. While an American aircraft might be able to take combat punishment, they might not be able to take long term weather punishement like a Russian aircraft can.

Russian planes, and tanks are built like bricks. American planes are like Swiss watches at times.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-12-20 at 13:58.
Old 2011-12-20, 13:45   Link #18537
Sumeragi
Banned

I do not believe any of the advertisement on Chinese or Russian (stealth) fighters.
Old 2011-12-20, 14:57   Link #18538
Kyuu
=^^=

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13470731

German insurance firm organised sex party for salesmen

Yea, that's the headline, which is shocking enough. I leave you with the rest.

The real icky thing: they're sharing.
Old 2011-12-20, 15:17   Link #18539
sneaker

That's old news.

And the real icky thing is not the sharing, but that the hookers got stamped after each "round" for accounting and that employees who did well got the better looking ones as to motivate the others to do better in their jobs.
Old 2011-12-20, 20:46   Link #18540
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Ridiculous in itself, but frankly i guess the NK will also goes "wtf" if they see those fan(girl)s crying at the sight of their idols
While I'm obviously not affected in the least, it's still hard to think that he's gone....

He was after all one of the smarter leaders. It may be worse for the nation now that the military has no one left to oppose them...

Quote:

And Lockheed Martin went up.
You think this place will ever buy latest Russia tech? Keep dreaming....At least we get F-35 too...

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international