AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-29, 14:10   Link #741
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Mugaro and Kaisar are death. Charioce is alive, considered a hero and still a king. What the...
I know right, I haven't been this disappointed in an anime since the latter half of the Macross Delta series.... I'm seeing a trend with these two only the first season was worth anything.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 14:34   Link #742
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I called it, it was a shitty ending and that bastard king is revered as a hero for killing Bahamut! I was hoping he will failed but I doubt Bahamut will stay dead forever. Then again I won't mind if they stop making any more bahamut animes.
Old 2017-09-29, 15:02   Link #743
Albel VII

This whole season was a dragged on anti-climatic mess of a story till the very end. I expected nothing by the time of the final episode and I still managed to be disappointed. I mean, they just simply blasted off Bahamut's head after a relatively unexciting beam struggle and that's it. They could have made the final "fight" a bit more exciting and dramatic by making Charoce lose against Bahamut at first so he would need Nina's help to win but whatever.

This type of thing was pretty much my main gripe with this season. We had long build ups for lackluster climaxes. Almost everything ended so anti-climatically. Sure, the writing was all over the place, a bunch of things didn't make much sense, Charoce was quite boring 90% of the time etc. but I would forigive a lot to this season if it was at least as constantly fun as the previous one. But to me, it couldn't even manage to do that.

And in the end, it seems like everything was almost meaningless since Bahamut survived somehow. I guess, without his head it wasn't easy for him to realise that he can get himself together.

At least Kaisar became a zombie, so good for Rita I guess? Though I can only hope that he has become the same type as Rita.

Waste of time / 10

Last edited by Albel VII; 2017-09-29 at 20:28.
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 15:52   Link #744
foxbox360
New Age Badass

lets face it everyone hate Nina and she the reason why this season was so cringe but she losing her voice was a silver lining. With Bahamut not being dead in the end was great because that asshole king will so get want coming to him next season if there is every going to be next season. At least we get a closure with Amera.

Last edited by foxbox360; 2017-09-29 at 16:13.
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 15:55   Link #745
Mistyclear

I didn't like it less for Nina and more for what they did to Favaro and Kaiser in this season.
Though I do have to say, as expected of Bahamut taking a head shot and still surviving.
Old 2017-09-29, 16:16   Link #746
ValvraveTruth

And here I thought what final epic plan Charioce has to slain the Bahamut for good, in the end Bahamut's soul live and just slow it for another decades.

What Amira really said to Nina: "Don't worry, I'll destroy you and Chari boy next season."

Last edited by ValvraveTruth; 2017-09-29 at 16:47.
ValvraveTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 17:20   Link #747
AntonKutovoi

The entire show probably was created just so Kaisar could become a zombie
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 17:34   Link #748
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So Amira still best girl, yeah?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 17:45   Link #749
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought I had prepared myself for the worst, but it was even worse than anything I could have imagined. Charioce manages to accomplish his goal (more on that later), survive, get his waifu and he gets to be revered as a hero by the whole world. His only punishment is that he can't communicate with Nina anymore (he's blind and she's mute), which is really light given the atrocities he indirectly committed. I know Kaisar's death came as a shock to Azazel and Jeanne, but to the point of letting Charioce live? No fucking way. I can buy it for Jeanne, but not Azazel.

Going back to Charioce accomplishing his goal, it turns out Bahamut wasn't even killed. So he resurrected him early and cause tons of death and destruction for absolutely nothing. I kinda want a third season just to see him realize how badly he's fucked up. But given how enamored with his character and his romance with Nina the writers are, they'd probably find a way to spin it as a good thing and have him remain as the hero who saved the world.

The first half of the show was so good, where did it all go so wrong?
Old 2017-09-29, 18:40   Link #750
Blueknight78

first was "re:creators" come with a asspull the "villian is the heroe" and get what he true wanted and have his "happy end" now is bahamut, the guy which also was the villian the whole season, get what he wanted (somehow) and even a bonus with a hot chicken waifus", looks like we are getting a "trending" of "crap peoples being the heroes" and everyone "praise then despises all the crap they did because somehow now is cool be evil and crap, everyone will love you and you will get a happy ending!!!.

second "final with a terrible bad taste in the end", of the year and like re:creator have a good start, but it somehow managed to get even worst by trying desperated at any means make a unforgiveble character be "forgiven" because he is a "hot ikkemen" and have ikkemen plot armor over 9k.

really a big disappointment.

i really hope this sort of "trending" don't really become a common trend like isekais and others trends whic become almost dominator in japan anime/novel/manga market, otherwise probably i will be done with japan animation if almost every serie will be about "how bad guy can have a happy ending and heroes are just "useless".

we sure are in the age of troll and be "bad and evil is cool".
Old 2017-09-29, 19:01   Link #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The first half of the show was so good, where did it all go so wrong?
I mostly liked this show from the beginning and for a while after Favaro came back.

Then the gods got stomped. Ok.

Everyone came back from the heavens, and the show started trying to depict Chariose in his guise as Chris as a nice guy which felt off. Nina can now control her transformation. ok.

The onyx knights pretty much state that they need to take care of red dragon and chariose gives his implicit ok. Fine. The dance in the ballroom and that fallout... fine. The merc dragon nearly takes out Nina. Azazel and Sofiel curbstomp him in a rock-paper-scissors fight...

Then Muguro get killed. Where's this going? Jean becomes a saint and leads angels/gods and humans against Chariose while Azazel picks up Lucifer.

Then Favaro and Nina walk through the onyx knights to get to Chariose where we get a line from Favaro that made me cringe.

City's getting sacked while Bahamut is prematurely released ON PURPOSE. That area is wiped out. Kaiser sacrifices himself without knowing what's going on. Bahamut is TEMPORARILY killed but the weapon that did that is implied to be useless (wristband disintegrates). Demons and Gods are way weaker from being pounded by the onyx knights (who are all dead, apparently), but relations have magically healed between the races somewhat. And Chariose is a hero. And Bahamut will come back. If he does, I hope it's lot better than the last third or so of this season.
998185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 19:18   Link #752
zalem

So much for those people insisting that Char was not being painted as a hero and was still totally the villain of the story. Like I said, they have been blatantly painting him as tragic hero, trying to make excuses left and right for him.

Anyway, the ending felt really flat. I really think they should have had that weapon fail. Instead it works and Charioce is a now a great hero. Ugh. What a shame. The series was doing so well up until the last few episodes. I'm also unhappy that they kept Mugaro dead. Kind of skeptical about a third season. I mean, I'll watch it but I'm kind off put off by what happened here.
Old 2017-09-29, 19:41   Link #753
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
So much for those people insisting that Char was not being painted as a hero and was still totally the villain of the story. Like I said, they have been blatantly painting him as tragic hero, trying to make excuses left and right for him.

Anyway, the ending felt really flat. I really think they should have had that weapon fail. Instead it works and Charioce is a now a great hero. Ugh. What a shame. The series was doing so well up until the last few episodes. I'm also unhappy that they kept Mugaro dead. Kind of skeptical about a third season. I mean, I'll watch it but I'm kind off put off by what happened here.
The ending would have been better without Nina's narration, since her perspective colors the final impression we are given. He may be a hero to her, and probably to the unwitting humans of the capital who probably don't know that he let Bahamut out to play in the first place, but i'm pretty sure the demons and gods don't consider Charioce to be a hero. Even Charioce probably doesn't consider himself a hero, especially not after he gets word that Bahamut's corpse vanished into thin air. About the only people who get their wishes granted by this ending are Kaisar (since his sacrifice apparently caused everyone involved to grow sick of all the death) and Nina (because she gets her man.) I guess the latter might apply to Rita too, but she probably wanted her beefcake still warm. Everyone else leaves unsatisfied, but too weary to keep fighting. It's a setup for a third season, though who knows if they'll get it.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 20:19   Link #754
Kazu-kun

This show is a huge disappointment.
Old 2017-09-29, 20:25   Link #755
Mistyclear

Hey at least in Rita's case she get to spend eternity (should they choose) with her undead Kaiser, she's still my favorite female character, followed by Jeanne. Favaro' case however...girl he likes is officially dead(least she's free from Bahamut)... and we have no idea if Favaro knows Kaiser is alive....sort of, he's moving at least.... my favorite male and second favorite female only get the bad end of the stick, seriously creators what do you have against them. I liked the original version of Nina before she became obsessed with Charioce and stopped paying attention to everything else.
Old 2017-09-29, 21:15   Link #756
SeaDoor

This was such a disappointment on several fronts. Although some have mentioned that the writers had foreshadowed Charioce's endgame, well, I never saw that and the last few episodes just became distasteful to watch. The writers just blew this series, IMO.

What is with Rita creating zombie Kaiser? Did they ever have that close a relationship? Rita did have a thing for his hand but the rest of him?

The ending couple has one who can't see and one who can't talk. Just lovely...

Sad.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-29, 21:21   Link #757
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for So:

8/10 would of been better if there was 2 more episodes
Old 2017-09-29, 23:18   Link #758
scififan

Even Rita is a zombie, her body and brain function as a vampire(Bram stoker version); Rita never ages and decays.

The ending is disappointing. No one scolds Charioce for brining chaos to the city. Jeanne's public announcement to assault the city incidentally warned and saved a lot of civilians.

Bahamut can cause more casualty if not Gabriel and Lucifer risking their lives to shield the city. By the way, both leaders prove they are more useful than the first season.

I thought Lucifer was the goner. In the previous episode, Lucifer arrived to the city, and a bunch of demon fan girls giggling fanatically. He seems to have a fan base, but then Bahamut appeared and blasted his ship/castle. The outcome was tragic and humorous at the same time.

Bahamut is still the franchise of Cy Game, so unless Cy Game wants to change the title, Bahamut is still around.

Amira's interaction with Nina is kida yuriish. It seems random. Maybe the studio is running out of the time. Also, the only speaking and living character from the first season missing in this season is that green dragon who observe the world in eternity.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 00:43   Link #759
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

.........sigh
SIGH

It was a pretty good show until the end.
Truly a show completely broken by its ending.

Not just Chris being alive, how the demons and the gods leave Humanity be after they ran out of the green stones is just ridiculous.
Demons still live in the capital is cringe level stupidity.

And Jeanne... she does not deserve this.
Especially from the way I see it, not the demons not gods, it is Jeanne who CHris owe the most.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 01:28   Link #760
haseo0408

Are the writters of this show idiots? So Charioce commits genocide, slaves half a race, attackk another without provocation and unleashes an eldritch abomination into the world and gets away with everything!?. At this point I just want to see both and Nina dead, those two were the cancer of this show.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead