Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-08, 17:47   Link #221
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
And the worst of it all? He has Nagato and I don't! This is clearly a case of kuso teitoku.
Quoted for truth. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 17:50   Link #222
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
I believe the admiral's competence is unimportant. Not only does he destroy the enemy base on the first attempt without entering night battle, level 1 Fubuki also survives it without any scratches. And the worst of it all? He has Nagato and I don't! This is clearly a case of kuso teitoku.
Did you think they would enter night all of a sudden like the game?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 17:52   Link #223
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Did you think they would enter night all of a sudden like the game?
Are you telling me that the game is lying to me? Are u saying that the nightfall doesn't fall within a blink of an eye?! Blasphemy! > : (
xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 18:07   Link #224
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Please keep the game related jokes/chatters to a strict minimum. As already specificed early in the thread, a social group is available for that and other things like image dump.

Starting from now on, I will simply delete and issue warnings/infractions.
Old 2015-01-08, 18:42   Link #225
Death Usagi
Banned

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Akashi will show up in the anime since Ooyodo exists.

I mean who repairs the equipments?
Old 2015-01-08, 20:02   Link #226
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Now that I think about it, I wonder if Akashi will show up in the anime since Ooyodo exists.

I mean who repairs the equipments?
Yuubari is good at tinkering, isn't she?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 20:37   Link #227
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Yuubari is good at tinkering, isn't she?
Yeah but I don't think she is the main mechanic. I might be wrong though.

Also as Fubuki has said, looks like there are other naval bases although it seems most of the good ships all exist in Fubuki's naval base.
Old 2015-01-08, 21:34   Link #228
Darsovin

I don't know about how the other game fans feel but I thought that some of the "lines" borrowed from the game felt forced, most egregious of this was Hibiki's reference to her being a "phoenix". Kinda left me shrugging with a "huh?". I know she uses the line in the game a lot but there was no pay-off or real context with her saying that.

But overall the episode was a blast and certainly threw enough "fan-service" for me, and I'm not talking panty-shots! Just the little tid-bits only the game players would know.

I'm very intrigued at how those who aren't familiar with the franchise react. It's so far been either passed off as another Strike Witches, Girls und Panzer, Arpeggio etc etc knockoff or "too generic" in it's set-up. Fair criticisms I guess but I honestly thought it was a solid effort. And I really think 3D passing off as 2D is coming together finally, while still noticeable it's very passable in fast action sequences like those battles. The show is nothing ground breaking or genre-shattering but otherwise solid on the principles and lots of potential to go from here. I'd be more than pleased if they can pull off a complete story-arc here.

I'm REALLY worried Akagi is going to sink at some point(or come very close), either by heroic sacrifice or (let's hope not) Fubuki's fault. And the rest of the last few episodes involve getting her back.

And while the cast is obviously huge I think they can pull this off by focusing on the core team here without having to develop everybody. It's like in Girls und Panzer, honestly I still have trouble remembering the names of all the other tank crews.

So for all those new to the franchise just focus on Torpedo Squadron Three while us game fans continue to complain/rejoice when our favorite kanmusume appears/don't!
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 22:01   Link #229
Death Usagi
Banned

The newcomers should try looking at more stuff regarding KanColle as even manga and fanworks are very beautiful and should try to look at gameplay samples.

Even I was not interested in KanColle until I saw Wo-class XD
Old 2015-01-08, 22:04   Link #230
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Just so cute:
Old 2015-01-08, 22:10   Link #231
Death Usagi
Banned

Master Yoma, we can't post fanarts here
Old 2015-01-08, 22:15   Link #232
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So if the girls are normal size, why even fight with such puny weapons? Why not get a full size destroyer and obliterate everything in one shot? This anime makes no sense so far, and I've seen lots of crazy anime like this but at least there is some logic behind it.

Anyway it was enjoyable, kinda like Girls und Panzer and arpeggio of blue steel put together.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 22:41   Link #233
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsovin View Post
I don't know about how the other game fans feel but I thought that some of the "lines" borrowed from the game felt forced, most egregious of this was Hibiki's reference to her being a "phoenix". Kinda left me shrugging with a "huh?". I know she uses the line in the game a lot but there was no pay-off or real context with her saying that.
I think that's probably the common complaint that fans have of this episode. The irony is that the idea of using lines from the game may have been intended as service to the players of the fans in general, but they went overboard with it and ended up irritating the very people they had wanted to please

Quote:
I'm very intrigued at how those who aren't familiar with the franchise react. It's so far been either passed off as another Strike Witches, Girls und Panzer, Arpeggio etc etc knockoff or "too generic" in it's set-up. Fair criticisms I guess but I honestly thought it was a solid effort. And I really think 3D passing off as 2D is coming together finally, while still noticeable it's very passable in fast action sequences like those battles. The show is nothing ground breaking or genre-shattering but otherwise solid on the principles and lots of potential to go from here. I'd be more than pleased if they can pull off a complete story-arc here.
Another complaint, a valid one imho too, is that this episode is more geared towards fans rather than a wider audience like, say, Shingeki no Bahamut, and is thus confusing to first-timers to the series. The over-large (and mostly passing by!) cast is the chief reason for this charge, so I understand. I think the fact that we're thrust into a more or less action-based episode instead of one that starts slowly with world building also contributes to this confusion. A lot of comments I come across went "WTF is with this water-skiing?" "Huh? What, what?!" and that sort of thing

Quote:
I'm REALLY worried Akagi is going to sink at some point(or come very close), either by heroic sacrifice or (let's hope not) Fubuki's fault. And the rest of the last few episodes involve getting her back.
Or leave her as an Abyssal and use that as the premise for a second season!

Quote:
And while the cast is obviously huge I think they can pull this off by focusing on the core team here without having to develop everybody. It's like in Girls und Panzer, honestly I still have trouble remembering the names of all the other tank crews.

So for all those new to the franchise just focus on Torpedo Squadron Three while us game fans continue to complain/rejoice when our favorite kanmusume appears/don't!
Hopefully the SoL part in the following episodes will strive to explain the world they are in and achieve an acceptable level of world and character building. In this sense having a school setting is imho excellent for this purpose, since the teachers (probably the heavy cruisers and above) could give the viewer a idea of the Kancolle world as they go through their lessons.

And now for something personal. If there's a magazine (the one Poi's reading), then there must be a reporter. And if there's a reporter, that means there's Aoba! All hail Aoba! Let her come to us in full paparazzi glory! \o/

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 22:44   Link #234
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

So, any chances of seeing the Admiral's face?
Old 2015-01-08, 22:48   Link #235
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
So, any chances of seeing the Admiral's face?
Put a mirror in front of u, imagine what u see in an anime version, there u have your admiral
Old 2015-01-08, 22:50   Link #236
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Saw the first episode. I know nothing about the franchise but I thought it was pretty easy to understand regardless. I'm not sure how I feel about the fight scenes but the slice of life was pretty good.

Finally, Sendai sisters are best girls.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 22:52   Link #237
cloud04
Scanlator

i must say kirishima's hair seems longer in the anime than in the game
Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-08, 23:36   Link #238
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I think that's probably the common complaint that fans have of this episode. The irony is that the idea of using lines from the game may have been intended as service to the players of the fans in general, but they went overboard with it and ended up irritating the very people they had wanted to please
I wonder what the japanese crowd think. I've already seen a few fanworks parodying scenes from the episode.

Quote:
Hopefully the SoL part in the following episodes will strive to explain the world they are in and achieve an acceptable level of world and character building. In this sense having a school setting is imho excellent for this purpose, since the teachers (probably the heavy cruisers and above) could give the viewer a idea of the Kancolle world as they go through their lessons.
I don't think there's much world to build here, unlike SW. This will most likely be a series done or undone by its characters. The teachers are there to, well, teach our little budding Fubuki the gist of things, and hopefully be likable. On that note, I never expected Ashigara to make it in, specially since in the 4koma that follows a school like enviroment, other ships are the teachers.

Quote:
And now for something personal. If there's a magazine (the one Poi's reading), then there must be a reporter. And if there's a reporter, that means there's Aoba! All hail Aoba! Let her come to us in full paparazzi glory! \o/
That is quite likely, I think, or at least I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Saw the first episode. I know nothing about the franchise but I thought it was pretty easy to understand regardless. I'm not sure how I feel about the fight scenes but the slice of life was pretty good.

Finally, Sendai sisters are best girls.
Glad to see a newcomer likes the SoL part.

Sendai is cool, but they should be getting some strong competition next episode.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 23:41   Link #239
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Can't wait to see Kongou turn to shine in SoL part, probably next episode.

But honestly was real surprised at how much content they could packed into ep 1. Any other anime would have prolong the introduction part and end ep 1 with Nagato "we will prepare the offensive". Then have ep 2 showing the girls being prepared for it, more Fubuki fiddled around telling the truth about her inexperience, and the Abyssal Hime won't appear till the end of Ep 2. Then more dramatic and flash back and the rest of this episode will pan into ep 3
Old 2015-01-08, 23:42   Link #240
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
So if the girls are normal size, why even fight with such puny weapons? Why not get a full size destroyer and obliterate everything in one shot? This anime makes no sense so far, and I've seen lots of crazy anime like this but at least there is some logic behind it.

Anyway it was enjoyable, kinda like Girls und Panzer and arpeggio of blue steel put together.
Didn't you see the opening phrases? The only ones that can stand against the Abyssals/Shinkaisei-kan are the Fleet Girls/Kanmusu, which means other standard weapons are totally useless.

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy