Notices

Old 2013-09-01, 05:47   Link #1061
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nope, they are all very good pilots.
Not in standard-issue mechas they aren't. Their particular skills require the JURIA system to fully draw them out. The JURIA system plays on the emotionality of the user, which is particularly key for Mr. "Hero" Izuru.
Old 2013-09-01, 05:55   Link #1062
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
You're using the phrase "know how to pilot" rather loosely here. I wouldn't call that piloting by any means (evidently, nobody else did either).
Well, I was purely addressing the technical side (as in: its most basic meaning) of your statement “doesn't know how to pilot one” just like how BladeEntity meant it .
Old 2013-09-01, 06:33   Link #1063
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Not in standard-issue mechas they aren't. Their particular skills require the JURIA system to fully draw them out. The JURIA system plays on the emotionality of the user, which is particularly key for Mr. "Hero" Izuru.
Yet Asagi and Kei are mostly incompatibile with it. And their skills like processing data or good auditory perception (and others) are usefull regardless of any special systems. Yes JURIA does boost their fighting ability, but it doesn't have anything with their capabilities as individuals.
From very begening they were good pilots with bad teamwork everything else is just misinterpretation of facts.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 15:47   Link #1064
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
How is his relationship with Teoria unclear and confusing? Is her being his mother that strange? Have we forgotten that all of the tension between Izuru and Teoria wasn't necessarily romantic as much as implying a strong bond between them of uncertain nature?
That isn't really a sure thing. It was just mentioned that she shared some of her dna. no mentions of how much or even WHEN it happened. Izuru could've been born to a human mother and father and later had the dna inserted like how the Wulgaru take dna from other races and use it on themselves even though they are already alive. That would explain why he had his memories erased when others like Chandra still had some memories of his family. The writers can really go any way with that at this point.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:13   Link #1065
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
That's not why I threw that theory out that. I can't even say I really like Kei that much. Heck I like Anna more then Kei and she's only been in 3-4 episodes maybe. Speaking of which, Asagi get with it already, in 10 years she'll probably be smokin' hot. You need to be first in line when that happens....just kidding. xD
Kei is a boring character because they're not doing anything significant with her

She likes cakes
She has a crush on Izuru
She is jealous that Izuru is giving Teoria special attention

THAT'S ALL THAT IS TO HER CHARACTER. WOW.. IT'S ****ING NOTHING!

I'm going so far to even say that this show does NOT need her.

At this point, it seems that even Ataru has more development than her.

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 19:48   Link #1066
Galaxian

After ep21...

It's a Star Wars joke.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 20:47   Link #1067
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
After ep21...

It's a Star Wars joke.
HAHA I get it. Use the force Izuru
Old 2013-09-05, 09:01   Link #1068
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Episode 21:
Spoiler for first half:

Will post second half and preview ASAP in fifteen-twenty minutes. Your keyboard's F5 key shall be your friend.

Edit: buffering hang-up persists. Dunno whether I can watch second half - the odds of that happening keep plummeting by the minute.
However, judging from the screenshots posted on 2chan,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-09-05 at 09:39.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 11:11   Link #1069
Tchadnis

others character get to shine now .. lol well some more then others , Kei is still doing nothing exceptional though .. poor Izuru man they have you on a leash like a dog ...
Old 2013-09-05, 11:28   Link #1070
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I had a feeling they were going to drag this out to the last 2 eps...Next ep will end with Izuru finally launching and Jiart looking on and getting prepared.

God damnit! After that epic fight in ep 13 and the awakening mech - I keep hoping for another epic mecha transformation. I think I'm going to hold off on this ep - wait till next weeks out so I can watch back-to-back epicness. These endings kill me...

Theoria death flags anywhere? I see her perishing in a fight with Jiart or someone else, and Izuru going berserk mode again.
Old 2013-09-05, 11:56   Link #1071
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I find it highly amusing that after decades of writing frustrated teenagers sortieing without permission, anime has finally found the solution: a leash.

Last edited by Haak; 2013-09-05 at 12:30.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 12:01   Link #1072
Irenesharda

Well, that was an okay episode. Honestly, I was expecting the final battle to be a little more exciting, it was okay for what it was, but there were other battles in the series already that were more spectacular than this one. Also, was the "lunch break" scene really necessary? It totally broke the mood and momentum for me. I know what they wanted to say, but it just didn't flow correctly and the scene didn't belong there.

Anyway, all the characters did do well regardless. Tamaki and Asagi were really good this time around. And did anyone have Star Wars: Battle of Yavin flashbacks as Asagi was flying to make the target? It might of been just me, but that's what came to my mind.

It seems though that all that battle and it didn't work, partly because, like in SW, only the real MC gets to give the finishing blow, so we have to wait for Izuru to get out there. It seems only non-energy based weapons will work on the gateway because of the shield which seems to have been installed after Teoria and Daneel defected. And did they say it was YEARS since she left? Do the Wulgaru care at all about their princess, or any members of the female royalty for that matter?! Only Jiart and Orange Leader even knew about Teoria being with the humans and they just learned about it, not one else seems to care that she's even missing. No wonder she left.

So, anyway, if only non energy weapons will work, this pretty much means they well have to use projectile weapons. This furthers my theory that someone is going to have to do a kamikaze run in order to blow up that thing. Also, we only have two more episodes to go and Izuru doesn't look like he will be going out next episode either, at least from what we see in the previews. So, it looks like we'll be seeing Jiart and Izuru of course battle in the last episode. I wonder how Red leader and Orange Leader will be taken out, as their the only ones left out there. Red leader won't last long, but Orange Leader is a sneaky fox, who fights in the most unassuming, yet devastating way possible.

Anyway, I give this episode a 7.6/10. It was a good fight, but not as good as I was expecting it to be considering this is the final battle of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I find it highly amusing that after decades of writing frustrated teenagers sortieing without permission, Sunrise have finally found the solution: a leash.
Well, this isn't Sunrise, but I guess they could probably take note. Though usually their heroes are so emo and/or grim-dark by this point in their own particular series, you probably couldn't even get that thing on them without it being either dangerous to your health or them just later cutting the darn thing off.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 12:18   Link #1073
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Do the Wulgaru care at all about their princess, or any members of the female royalty for that matter?! Only Jiart and Orange Leader even knew about Teoria being with the humans and they just learned about it, not one else seems to care that she's even missing. No wonder she left.
You know what? Sarcasm or not, what you said might indeed be one of many reasons why Teoria left . In a world ruled by desire, nobody seem to truly care about others if it doesn’t concern their own well-being (with some exception ofc). The king most probably earn his position by being the strongest or the best and he rules using fear.

Quote:
Well, this isn't Sunrise, but I guess they could probably take note. Though usually their heroes are so emo and/or grim-dark by this point in their own particular series, you probably couldn't even get that thing on them without it being either dangerous to your health or them just later cutting the darn thing off.
Thank God this isn't Sunrise. I would hate MJP if the action scenes have Sunrise's notorious "pink-splosions" that have plagued mecha series like SEED, Destiny, AGE, and Valvrave (and maybe Code Geass too IIRC).

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-09-05 at 12:28.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 12:23   Link #1074
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Oh lol, I don't know why I keep thinking this is Sunrise, even when I know it's not them. Those damn character designs...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 12:43   Link #1075
Puu

After seeing the end-preview for this episode, I'm even more worried for the vanguard (Asagi, especially). Everytime Izuru says "Niichan" I just keep thinking he's piling the death flag on Asagi. It better not be so
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 13:13   Link #1076
Excorsism

There were signs of Blue's full burst this episode, hopefully they expand on that in the last two episodes. At this point, I don't think the other three will have a full burst mode but at the very least, Izuru and Asagi will, I think.

I find it funny that the Wulgaru leaders are getting killed without transforming their mech unless that's a Jiart only thing, .
Old 2013-09-05, 13:21   Link #1077
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You know what? Sarcasm or not, what you said might indeed be one of many reasons why Teoria left . In a world ruled by desire, nobody seem to truly care about others if it doesn't concern their own well-being (with some exception ofc). The king most probably earn his position by being the strongest or the best and he rules using fear.
I mean, I would understand it if they forgot her as a sort of "She's a weakling! Forget about her! From now on, she is no longer a member of our people." and she sort of faded from public consciousness. But this sounds more and more like, she just ran away from home one day, and NO ONE even realized she was missing for years. And yet, if Prince Jiart, who should have about as much status as his sister, isn't at a status meeting, every general throws a fuss about where he is. Talk about your double-standard.

Quote:
Thank God this isn't Sunrise. I would hate MJP if the action scenes have Sunrise's notorious "pink-splosions" that have plagued mecha series like SEED, Destiny, AGE, and Valvrave (and maybe Code Geass too IIRC).
I love Sunrise, even with it's ridiculousness at times. And you have to admit MJP has had pink explosions as well. Along with green explosions, yellow explosions, orange explosions, purple explosions...need I go on?

MJP is okay for me, it got much better near the end, but I will probably always prefer Sunrise stuff. I absolutely love Valvrave and am anticipating the next season. However, that's my opinion, and that's not to say Sunrise is perfect. Far from it, despite their popularity, I can't stand Gundam Z, Wing, 00 and AGE. But they do have their good moments as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh lol, I don't know why I keep thinking this is Sunrise, even when I know it's not them. Those damn character designs...
Yeah, it does harken back to SEED days doesn't it? And Ryvius, and I want to add Fafner, but I don't think that was Sunrise either, though it felt as if it might as well have been.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 15:54   Link #1078
Key Board
Carbon

I guess there wasn't any reason to drag this out

Spoiler:

And I don't think Asagi is going to die, because they already made it a point that he can pilot Red 5. We still need to see that.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 16:44   Link #1079
VTHokiePride

Why am I not surprised that the Straggle Laser didn't damage the gate at all.
Old 2013-09-05, 17:27   Link #1080
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Why am I not surprised that the Straggle Laser didn't damage the gate at all.
Yeah, I wasn't terribly surprised myself. There's just no way the big finale would be that easy.

That being said, I did like the way that Asagi's race to the gate was handled. It honestly made me think of a very dramatic football rush for a touchdown.

It was also good to see Tamaki be very aggressive, courageous, and useful. Definitely a shining moment for her.

While I can see where Irenesharda is coming from, the lunch break scene didn't bother me too much, as I felt that Amane and Simon's very serious and tense scenes made up for it.

This episode didn't blow me away - Izuru vs. Jiart is still the definite highlight of this series when it comes to combat scenes - But Episode 22 was still quite solid, imo. It was good for the beginning of the climax. But I hope for something truly spectacular before its all said and done. Hopefully, that'll be Izuru vs. Jiart: Round 3. They teased at it with Jiart waiting in anticipation for his lamata, so I hope they do deliver on this.

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction