AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 53 54.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-19, 16:22   Link #41
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Alright, there are several things I'm confused about and I'd like to be clarified if possible, and if the answer isn't a spoiler of course:
  • At first, I assumed Suzuha found out about the meeting her father was supposed to go to because she knew he posted under the username "Barrel Titor" there. However, it appears Daru wasn't using this name yet, so how come she found out about this particular meeting even though she knew jack shit about her father?
  • Hashida Suzu. She was supposed to suffer from amnesia in the previous world line, so how could she take her father's name?
  • Who did Okabe send a D-mail to and what did he write? I see SERN mentioned there. I assume he sent it either to himself or Suzuha, telling her to leave before the storm.
For the first one, for me, it's her mother who said that to her and said that her father used the name of Barrel Titor. But her mother probably didn't tell her that her father did'nt use Barrel Titor back then. In the end, I think it's because of Suzuha that Daru will use later the nickname of Barrel Titor.

She remembred eveything one year before her death. That's why she wrote this letter because, if it was not the case, she wouldn't.

He sent a d-mail to himself to tell him to not stop Suzuha in episode XXX.

Quote:

I didn't think much of Kurisu's absence, but now that you mention it... If Kurisu is dead, then that would explain why Moeka's group didn't go after the lab for one, since no Kurisu = no time machine. I can't imagine how Suzuha's action in the past could lead to Kurisu's death, but anything's possible with the butterfly effect

Well actually, I think it's more probable that Mayuri is not saved yet. I'm saying that but if that's the case then how could this happen ? After all, from what I understand, in the beta line, Mayuri always died at this time. So if she didn't die her that's mean it's not the beta line anymore no ? Then...
Old 2011-07-19, 16:23   Link #42
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
She was supposed to suffer from amnesia in the previous world line, so how could she take her father's name?
Refer to Okarin's last D-mail, allowing her to use it before it breaks down in the storm.
Quote:
Who did Okabe send a D-mail to and what did he write? I see SERN mentioned there. I assume he sent it either to himself or Suzuha, telling her to leave before the storm.
I suppose he sent it to himself, in order to let Suzuha complete her mission, although this doesn't seem to be the case...otherwise they'd have the IBN5100, right? Guess we'll find out next week.
As for the divergence number...I think Mayuri's death is imminent until it goes past 1% (btw 0.4 is 40% but whatever :P) and I expect to spend the next few episodes raising that number bit by bit till the second climax.
Old 2011-07-19, 16:23   Link #43
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Okay I don't remember this at all. How long ago was this? Like in what episode? None of this rings a bell for me.
In episode 10, there was a meeting where Suzuha wanted to attend because she said her father was supposed to be there. However, she never saw her father there and without much warning, she left in her time machine though Okabe wanted her to stay and join their party for the lab members.

This is where the first big hints that Daru was Suzuha's father popped up because of some strange camera focuses and the fact that Daru missed the meeting that Suzuha went to for Okabe's little get together.

Okabe decided to change the past by sending a d mail to stick with suzuha and prevent her from going back. There was a storm that nigh though so when Okabe changed the past so that Suzuha stayed, her time machine also stayed but got broken by the storm.

What Okabe did in this last episode was send a dmail to nullify the previous dmail, to not keep Suzuha in the current timeline. Hence, the group (Besides Okabe) lost all their good memories with Suzuha and she never stayed through that rain storm in the first place.
Old 2011-07-19, 16:23   Link #44
GDB

Quote:
Okay I don't remember this at all. How long ago was this? Like in what episode? None of this rings a bell for me.
Episode 10.
Old 2011-07-19, 16:26   Link #45
Kusa-San

Quote:
The episode XXX is episode 10. Then in the last episodes, she said her time machine was broken because of the storm. And then, in this episode in her letter she said it once again.
Old 2011-07-19, 16:27   Link #46
Aqua Knight

How many days back can you send a D-Mail?
Old 2011-07-19, 16:27   Link #47
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

As the anime seems to be aiming for the true end of the VN, episode 16 just passed Suzuha's ending in the VN so this should be safe to post. Here's a video of Suzuha's end, fully translated, if anyone's interested how it goes down.

Spoiler for Suzuha's Ending Summary:
Old 2011-07-19, 16:29   Link #48
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I suppose he sent it to himself, in order to let Suzuha complete her mission, although this doesn't seem to be the case...otherwise they'd have the IBN5100, right? Guess we'll find out next week.
As for the divergence number...I think Mayuri's death is imminent until it goes past 1% (btw 0.4 is 40% but whatever :P) and I expect to spend the next few episodes raising that number bit by bit till the second climax.
Well we don't know if they have the IBN5100 or not. What I don't understand is why Mayuri is not dead yet if they are still in the same main line ?

Or maybe there is a scale of change ? Maybe since Suzuha's change is more important than Okabe's one in the previous episode (all the time he tried to save Mayuri and failed) Mayuri death will happen later ?
Old 2011-07-19, 16:36   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I don't know about the first question, but as for the second, she regained her memories, which is why she knew she failed.
She only regained her memories in 1999, yet it seems like Mr. Braun had known her by that name a lot longer than that. That's what bothers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Refer to Okarin's last D-mail, allowing her to use it before it breaks down in the storm.
Yes, there's no problem with the most world line where she kept her memories, I'm talking about the previous one where she spent 24 years without any memories and yet apparently used her father's name. I kinda thought she would turn out to be Daru's mother/grandmother for a moment lol (kinda like what happened to Fry in Futurama).
Old 2011-07-19, 16:37   Link #50
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
In episode 10, there was a meeting where Suzuha wanted to attend because she said her father was supposed to be there. However, she never saw her father there and without much warning, she left in her time machine though Okabe wanted her to stay and join their party for the lab members.

This is where the first big hints that Daru was Suzuha's father popped up because of some strange camera focuses and the fact that Daru missed the meeting that Suzuha went to for Okabe's little get together.

Okabe decided to change the past by sending a d mail to stick with suzuha and prevent her from going back. There was a storm that nigh though so when Okabe changed the past so that Suzuha stayed, her time machine also stayed but got broken by the storm.

What Okabe did in this last episode was send a dmail to nullify the previous dmail, to not keep Suzuha in the current timeline. Hence, the group (Besides Okabe) lost all their good memories with Suzuha and she never stayed through that rain storm in the first place.
Alright I'm vaguely starting to remember some of this now. At least the part where Suzuha mentions that she wanted to meet her father and there being some kind of storm. I definitely still don't remember Okabe sending a d-mail or her wanting to go back in the past or whatever or something though. Obviously it happened though, must have let my attention drift or something.
Old 2011-07-19, 17:10   Link #51
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:

Yes, there's no problem with the most world line where she kept her memories, I'm talking about the previous one where she spent 24 years without any memories and yet apparently used her father's name. I kinda thought she would turn out to be Daru's mother/grandmother for a moment lol (kinda like what happened to Fry in Futurama).
She said she lost the memories of her voyage from before she knew okabe. During that 1 year she still met Daru, her father, and knew she searched for him and such. But she lost all the other memories from her time period.
Old 2011-07-19, 17:41   Link #52
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
I've never cried so much at off screen development ever.
Yea, I am usually angry at how it can be badly used, and people who hanged around me knows how much I think it was one of the worst thing to happen to a certain franchise, but in this series, it came off alright.
Old 2011-07-19, 18:02   Link #53
pampz21
ShipCore

Okarin don't stop moving or else Mayushi will die again!!!( I wish the suspense won't die out XD )

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2011-07-19, 19:21   Link #54
CatOfTime

Awesome episode! This series is getting more and more interesting by every episode... if this keeps up all the way till the end (not many episodes left*cry*) it'll be my all time favourite anime series. If the VN had an English translation I'd definitely check it out!

I actually was sad for Suzuha... I wonder if she managed to find the IBN5100 now that she didn't have the amnesia.

As for the end of this episode, I guess (just speculation) that either Kurisu is dead/will be the one to be killed instead of Mayuri OR Suzuha's death was enough to "satisfy" the unavoidable fate in which Mayuri died no matter what.

AAarrgh, now I'll have to wait for the next episode :((

What did the lab members need the IBN5100 anyway btw? I thought it was just for decoding the SERN stuff but was it actually time machine related?
Old 2011-07-19, 19:55   Link #55
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This is the first Steins;Gate episode that I actually found a bit hard to follow the plot for, probably due (at least in part) to the last time leap and how it was handled overall.

While Suzuha meeting her father was a very sweet moment (one that the anime probably needed), I felt that the episode bringing back up how Daru spoke those seductive lines to her made it seem a fair bit more awkward to me once the father reveal was finally made.

On the flip side, I loved how Mayuri was the one to piece it all together, and her explanation of it all was very sound and well-delivered. It was good to see her get a chance to shine intellectually, especially given the company that she keeps.

Aside from that, this episode was another one of Steins;Gate's usual high quality.
Old 2011-07-19, 20:24   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn this episode had a rough high and low moment. Finally getting the confirmation that Daru was Suzuha's father was great. It was too bad at that moment that she had to go and wouldn't have a way to go forward. Guess Daru before he died should have improved to a version that could move forward and backwards in time instead of just going in one direction.

But geeze getting the fate of Suzuha immediately after that jump was horrible. I mean she lost her memory and thus spent years not accomplishing her mission. Feeling like she failed and full of regret she killed herself . That was definitely harder than seeing Mayuri get shot. I mean she sacrificed so much to go back, wanting to make a better future and giving up so much in the process. In the end to feel like it was a complete waste is just too horrible.

I agree with Okabe's decision to send this d-mail. A lot was lost with the world line changing. Yet really having Suzuha living her life (even though ironically she died at about the same time) without feeling that level of failure and at least being able to tackle her mission is better. Just about anything would be better than what that letter contained.

The real downside is that this is the end of Suzuha's presence in the story. She's gone, the 1% barrier wasn't broken, and things are still uncertain. Can only hope for the best and that Okabe will get around to filling everyone in since the information that Suzuha gave them was critical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
How many days back can you send a D-Mail?
As far back in time as you can have something receive the message. They managed to hit a pager after all so they can definitely send messages pretty far back if they try.
Old 2011-07-19, 20:57   Link #57
Elestia

Quote:
She only regained her memories in 1999, yet it seems like Mr. Braun had known her by that name a lot longer than that. That's what bothers me.
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it seems they botched it up. It could be easily explained that she might have remembered bits and pieces of her memory and pieced together her name from it. But having both times Mr. Braun refer to Suzuha as Hashida Suzu is really a bit hard to swallow.
Old 2011-07-19, 21:08   Link #58
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I have the feeling that this wasn't the last thing we have heard from Suzuha and really hope that I'm right.

As for how far the D-mail goes back:
If the same rules that apply to the Time-Leap also work for the D-Mail: Just to the point where the D-Mail was first activated (Taken from Kurisu's explaination)
This theory of Kurisu's would concide with the thing they probably took their idea for the D-MAIL from a mixture of D-Mail and Time-Leap Microwave : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRWwI...eature=related
Old 2011-07-19, 21:36   Link #59
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
And damnit, I really wish Suzuha had told us who her mom is. My money is still on Feyris.
Mine too,when Okabe told Daru that he'd arrange a date with Feyris if he repaired the time machine,he wasn't kidding.
Old 2011-07-19, 21:38   Link #60
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it seems they botched it up. It could be easily explained that she might have remembered bits and pieces of her memory and pieced together her name from it. But having both times Mr. Braun refer to Suzuha as Hashida Suzu is really a bit hard to swallow.
maybe it is coincidence Suzuha use the alias "Hashida Suzu"
or
maybe because she met Daru at offline meeting?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Closed Thread