Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-29, 02:23   Link #201
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Few things to keep in mind...
First off, Kimimaro's illness... by the time Kimimaro fought with Garra and Lee, he was in the late stages of his illness and thus was suffering from a sever handicap in those fights...(also, it's unknown how long kimimaro has had his illness; since he once a container, it may be rather recent... so most of his encounters with juugo may predate the illness)
Even so, it appears as though Kimimaro was able to use his abilities to their full potential until the illness effected him.

I don't think the illness hampered his fighting ability until the very end of the battle where he started to cough up blood. Also, Kabuto questioned who was stronger between Kimi and Sasuke. Although toying with his head, this may indicate that he was around that level.

Quote:
Second, while he was challanged garra and lee, garra never actually won that fight... kimimaro died from his illness, had it not been for the illness, kimimaro would have not only killed garra but could have fought some more... right up to his death he showed no signs of slowing down
He would have won certainly, by Gaara's own admission but Gaara gave him alot of trouble. Kimi admitted that if it were not for the power of the cursed seal, the Desert Coffin move would have killed him. He even lost parts of his flesh from it so he did not come out of the battle unscathed, prior to his illness taking effect.

Gaara proved himself to be every bit his match even in CS2 form and was caught offguard at the last moment.

Quote:
third, "stopping" juugo's rampages does not nessasarily mean beating Juugo into submission; it may just mean snapping Juugo out of it... One thing we can note about Kimimaro is that his bloodline limit gives him an extremely powerful skeletonal structure, one that is not easy to break and, as we saw agaisnt garra, makes for a great defence... basciall, kimimaro's bloodline, makes it hard to deal any real damage or injury to him; thus how he can go against someone who may be stronger than him, and yet come out of it unharmed
Let's not forget that raw strength is not the only assest of ninja in the Narutoverse.

If he was able to neutralize Juugo he was at a skill level which enabled him to do so.

Besides, Juugo himself stated that only Kimimaro was strong enough to halt his rampages and wants to join Team Snake in order to judge Sasuke's strength as a ninja.
Old 2007-04-29, 05:03   Link #202
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
Even so, it appears as though Kimimaro was able to use his abilities to their full potential until the illness effected him.
How can you say that it appears the he was fighting at his full potential when you've never seen him fight without thee illness...
I mean, one thing for sure is that fact that he was bed ridden before he set out fr sasuke; not exactly the mark of a guy at 100%

And Kabuto could have been wondering about Sasuke comparing to pre-illness kimimaro... or possibly he was taking the illness into account, but also taking into account Sasuke's age an inexperience

Quote:
He would have won certainly, by Gaara's own admission but Gaara gave him alot of trouble. Kimi admitted that if it were not for the power of the cursed seal, the Desert Coffin move would have killed him. He even lost parts of his flesh from it so he did not come out of the battle unscathed, prior to his illness taking effect.

Gaara proved himself to be every bit his match even in CS2 form and was caught offguard at the last moment.
The thing is, the desert coffin can pretty much kill nearly anyone if it covers them... i mean, deidara's arm didn't exactly fair to well when grabbed by it. Kimimaro is bascially the only one who has ever survived it...

Also, looking back at the chapter, even though he did activate his CS, i don't see where kimimaro sasy that the CS is what saved him... he mentions he would have been killed if he didn't make the bone plate under his skin, but i don't see mention of him needing the CS to save him

Quote:
Let's not forget that raw strength is not the only assest of ninja in the Narutoverse.

If he was able to neutralize Juugo he was at a skill level which enabled him to do so.

Besides, Juugo himself stated that only Kimimaro was strong enough to halt his rampages and wants to join Team Snake in order to judge Sasuke's strength as a ninja.
Actually looking back at the chater, i don't see where Juugo mentions Kimi's strength... he says kimi was the only one who could calm him, but does not mention using strength and force to beat him down...

and again, you do not need to be stronger than someone to "neutralize" him... living long enough to simiply snapping Juugo out of his murderous state would suffice in neutralizing his rampage.... really, Kimi could have just had the ability to survive and hold his own long enough to talk Juugo down, calming him and snapping him out of it
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 05:55   Link #203
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
How can you say that it appears the he was fighting at his full potential when you've never seen him fight without thee illness...
I mean, one thing for sure is that fact that he was bed ridden before he set out fr sasuke; not exactly the mark of a guy at 100%
Obviously we cannot truely know whether the illness diminshed his skills or not but from the way the fights were depicted, he moved flawlessly and introduced his signature moves without indication that it was causing his body stress.

Could he have done better without the illness? We can only speculate, but his performance indicates that he was putting on his best show until the illness took its toll.

I've seen Michael Jordan play some of his best games with the flu. It's that sort of determination that I believe made a bed ridden and seemingly dying ninja get out of bed take on two of the best ninja in the series as if nothing was holding him back.

Quote:
And Kabuto could have been wondering about Sasuke comparing to pre-illness kimimaro... or possibly he was taking the illness into account, but also taking into account Sasuke's age an inexperience
Since Sasuke was meant to replace Kimimaro I think he was comparing him to what he knew Kimi could do at his peak.

Quote:
The thing is, the desert coffin can pretty much kill nearly anyone if it covers them... i mean, deidara's arm didn't exactly fair to well when grabbed by it. Kimimaro is bascially the only one who has ever survived it...
And as I said Gaara gave Kimi a hard time.

Quote:
Also, looking back at the chapter, even though he did activate his CS, i don't see where kimimaro sasy that the CS is what saved him... he mentions he would have been killed if he didn't make the bone plate under his skin, but i don't see mention of him needing the CS to save him

I may have read that in an Anime translation. You're right, he doesn't mention the CS in the manga, only the bone masks.

Regardless, Gaara managed to injure him and threaten him with death.

How strong has Gaara gotten since the time skip? I don't know, Lee claimed that he had gotten stronger since they fought but there is no reason to believe that he didn't always have that power.

Quote:
Actually looking back at the chater, i don't see where Juugo mentions Kimi's strength... he says kimi was the only one who could calm him, but does not mention using strength and force to beat him down...
Looking back, Karin was the one who mentioned strength (page 5).

She said that Kimimaro was so strong that he could stop the rampages without getting hurt.

Juugo backed up her statement by suggesting that Sasuke himself was strong.

Quote:
and again, you do not need to be stronger than someone to "neutralize" him... living long enough to simiply snapping Juugo out of his murderous state would suffice in neutralizing his rampage.... really, Kimi could have just had the ability to survive and hold his own long enough to talk Juugo down, calming him and snapping him out of it
I think I suggested that they are atleast equal in strength. If he can stop someone on a murderous rampage he is obviously using abilities to neutralize him.

By that I'm saying that Kimi could have stood in his path and blocked his attacks with his bones until he tired out, then given him a good shake to get him to snap out of it.
Old 2007-04-29, 07:43   Link #204
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Something just occured to me. Juugo claims that Kimimaro was the only person who could control his rampages (through force obviously).

That implies that they are at the same level or Kimi was slightly stronger since he was able to neutralize him while leaving him in one piece.
That's the whole point of Kimi's fighting style : to be virtually invincible to physical damage. Kimi was the only person who could work with Juugo without being hurt because he couldn't be physically hurt to begin with.
We don't know how weakened Kimimaro was compared to his healthy state but even if you go merely by what we have seen he would have killed Gaara and Lee and left the battlefield without a scratch because they simply couldn't hurt him. Oh sure he lost some flesh here and there but so what? He could naturally regenerate like nothing, I mean we are talking about a guy who could casually pull out his own spinal cord.

Anyway all member of Hebi are most probably at least Jounin level just because no new named character weaker than that will be introduced this late in the story.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 11:11   Link #205
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Is my dream of Kabuto joining Team Solid Snake in vein, he's not weak or anything Sasuke could use for some purposes he's not completely useless , could he join Akatsuki? Will he even be good enough to get in?
I think Kabuto was probably given a mission by Sasuke, either tracking down akatsuki or looking after Naruto (as Itachi will probably go to catch Naruto and Sasuke knows that).

The other possibility would be that Sasuke either killed Kabuto or let him go, however i think Kabuto has done to many important things in the story to just cancel him without even having a proper last manga page about him. I'm sure Kishimoto would have added at least one page about Kabuto if he had decided to cancel him from the story. Therefore most likely Kabuto has disappeared because he will have some surprise entrance in the future as part of Sasuke's plan.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 11:27   Link #206
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
That's the whole point of Kimi's fighting style : to be virtually invincible to physical damage. Kimi was the only person who could work with Juugo without being hurt because he couldn't be physically hurt to begin with.
We don't know how weakened Kimimaro was compared to his healthy state but even if you go merely by what we have seen he would have killed Gaara and Lee and left the battlefield without a scratch because they simply couldn't hurt him. Oh sure he lost some flesh here and there but so what? He could naturally regenerate like nothing, I mean we are talking about a guy who could casually pull out his own spinal cord.

Anyway all member of Hebi are most probably at least Jounin level just because no new named character weaker than that will be introduced this late in the story.
The statements in bold are conflicting. He was not leaving that fight "without a scratch". Gaara ripped his flesh down to the bone on parts of his body including his face and Kimi doesn't actually "regenerate" flesh he just has the ability to replace bone.

By his own admission Gaara almost killed him. Otherwise I agree with the assessment of his abilities, he is a hard person to wound, even more so than Gaara.

Kimimaro was an excellent character, it's nice to see him have a legacy (Zabuza as well), impacting a new character's life in a significant way.

It was a pleasure to see a guy hold his own against 3 (if you include Naruto) prominent ninja in the series and display such an impressive ability.

When you think about it though, I think that Sasuke at that stage (and especially now) would have beaten him. Combined with Lee's taijutsu and Sharingan he could evade his offensive attacks and Chidori, though it would be hard to land, could penetrate his defense as it did Gaara's and deal the final blow.

One weakness I saw in Kimi was that while he was certainly intelligent he was weak-minded (brainwashing by Oro, Gaara's words messing with his head). A person who is vunerable psychologically is easy prey for a skilled genjutsu user and that is one form of attack his bones could not defend against.

Sasuke in his current incarnation would probably tear his mind and soul to shreds with his obviously developed Sharingan/Genjutsu abilities and had Orochimaru acquired his body, he may have had an easier time with Sandaime but it would not help him against Itachi. The bloodline of the Kaguya clan would be just another ability that is powerless against his "eyes".
Old 2007-04-29, 11:38   Link #207
tkdtiger

I thought it was cool seeing Kimi. in the flashback. Juugo is an interesting character I think. I wonder though if Sasuke will be forced to kill Juugo at some point.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 13:26   Link #208
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
The statements in bold are conflicting. He was not leaving that fight "without a scratch". Gaara ripped his flesh down to the bone on parts of his body including his face and Kimi doesn't actually "regenerate" flesh he just has the ability to replace bone.
No it's not because Kimi did have the ability to regenerate flesh, you didn't see wound everywhere on his body did you?
Kimimaro teared off his flesh with his own ability all the time, he opened his own shoulder to take off his bone through his muscles and closed the wound just like that. His bones bursted through his arms, his back, his legs, his torso, etc. all the time and he just kept closing the wound without paying attention to it.
If Kimi wasn't sick he would have left the battlefield absolutely unharmed since no inflicted wound could remain on his body.

Quote:
One weakness I saw in Kimi was that while he was certainly intelligent he was weak-minded (brainwashing by Oro, Gaara's words messing with his head). A person who is vunerable psychologically is easy prey for a skilled genjutsu user and that is one form of attack his bones could not defend against.
Not quite, the very opposite actually. Kimimaro stood up and came fighting from his deathbed through sheer willpower. He was a zealot yes, absolutely focused on Orochimaru's needs and nothing else but his willpower was incredible. That's why Gaara compared Kimi to Naruto whose willpower is also very high, Kimi just aknowledged an evil man as his entire life-purpose.
Not to say Genjutsu wouldn't be effective on him but not because of lack of willpower.

A single Genjutsu can end a fight if it works but except in the case of the Tsukiyomi you still have to finish your opponent off and it was quite difficult with Kimi's body. If there is one weakness with Kimi's bloodline it's rather the generalization of chakra-weapons cutting through steel like butter.
Old 2007-04-29, 14:48   Link #209
Bloom

hey,i am new here and i have a few questions. ok i've read manga to the chapter 352 and i'd like to know if it s the end of the shippuden or is every week a new chapter
the second is:how do you think will end the chase for itachi?? please answer

Last edited by Bloom; 2007-04-30 at 01:56.
Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 15:04   Link #210
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
No it's not because Kimi did have the ability to regenerate flesh, you didn't see wound everywhere on his body did you?
He doesn't have to lose all of his flesh he flesh could have very well torn in select locations, that does not mean he regenerated any lost tissue.

Quote:
Kimimaro teared off his flesh with his own ability all the time, he opened his own shoulder to take off his bone through his muscles and closed the wound just like that. His bones bursted through his arms, his back, his legs, his torso, etc. all the time and he just kept closing the wound without paying attention to it.

Closing wounds is a similar concept but when I speak of regeneration I am referring to the substantial loss of tissue that is then regenerated by the body.

Take Wolverine for instance. Yes, in the comic books his could extend his claws and then heal the tears after retracting but he also had super regenerative abilities which meant that if a large swath of tissue was torn off of his body he could repair the damage instantaneously.

Kimimaro did not show this ability. He did recieve damage that showed no indication of repair.

For all we know he was permanantly scarred from that encounter.

Quote:
If Kimi wasn't sick he would have left the battlefield absolutely unharmed since no inflicted wound could remain on his body.
This is speculation. He was not maimed but he was not unharmed either. He was driven to exhaustion having used up much of his chakra and he had several wounds on his body which did not heal.

Quote:
Not quite, the very opposite actually. Kimimaro stood up and came fighting from his deathbed through sheer willpower. He was a zealot yes, absolutely focused on Orochimaru's needs and nothing else but his willpower was incredible. That's why Gaara compared Kimi to Naruto whose willpower is also very high, Kimi just aknowledged an evil man as his entire life-purpose.
Not to say Genjutsu wouldn't be effective on him but not because of lack of willpower.
Willpower is not the only strength of mind. Naruto is one of the most strong-willed characters in the series. He most impressed me when he took on Gaara who he was absolutely terrified of.

But he has many psychological weaknesses and insecurities such as his fear of letting people down.

When Itachi fought him in the genjutsu he exploited these tendencies, creating illusions of his friends taunting him with their disappointment and frustrations.

Do you think this same genjutsu would have worked on Kakashi or Shikamaru? Their minds are stronger in that category in that they are rational thinkers and not easily swayed by suggestion.

This is the concept that the "Jedi Mind trick" in Star Wars is based on. Gaara was able to easily strike a nerve, disrupting Kimimaro's psyche, revealing his weak-minded devotions to Orochimaru and exploiting that sentiment at the same time.

Quote:
A single Genjutsu can end a fight if it works but except in the case of the Tsukiyomi you still have to finish your opponent off and it was quite difficult with Kimi's body.
We don't know that for sure. Itachi has only been shown using it on Sasuke and Kakashi.

In Sasuke's case he was purposefully spared. Kakashi himself asked why Itachi didn't just kill him.

Is it because it is not a lethal move? Maybe. But for all we know Tsukiyomi could induce cardiac arrest are some other fatal condiction should the user choose to do so.

All we know is that it attacks the mind and spirit causing psychological damage and physical exhaustion to the body.

Even if Kimimaro is at worst rendered unconcious he is still vunerable to a killing blow and I doubt he is that hard to kill when he is not in control of his body.

Quote:
If there is one weakness with Kimi's bloodline it's rather the generalization of chakra-weapons cutting through steel like butter.
That's not really a "weakness", but yes that is a way to defeat him.

I doubt that Asuma could cut through his dense bones easily with chakra daggers but I think Sasuke could pierce through him with the Chidori beam he used on Orochimaru.
Old 2007-04-29, 17:39   Link #211
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
He doesn't have to lose all of his flesh he flesh could have very well torn in select locations, that does not mean he regenerated any lost tissue.
There are several instances where Kimi lost noticeable portion of flesh and appearead intact later. Take a look at Kimi's body chapter 215 after he was hit by the desert coffin, his skin was ripped off at many place, almost all his left cheek is missing and you can see his teeth. This is no longer the case the following chapter.
Take a look at the chapter 206 p4, 5 and 6. The bones clearly destroy a part of Kimi's muscles, flesh and skin. P5 and 6 you can see that almost all his elbow in raw meat. In two panels his elbow become whole an unhurt in a couple of second at the most.
We know that Kimi wasn't permanently scarred had he not died because we saw him recompose his bones, flesh and skill anew. Look at his body just before he died, his body is completely unhurt.

Quote:
This is speculation. He was not maimed but he was not unharmed either. He was driven to exhaustion having used up much of his chakra and he had several wounds on his body which did not heal.
As I said above, he was completely unharmed and had no wounds whatsoever on his body. There wasn't any remark about Kimi using up most of his chakra either, only Gaara said he was out of chakra.

Quote:
Willpower is not the only strength of mind. Naruto is one of the most strong-willed characters in the series. He most impressed me when he took on Gaara who he was absolutely terrified of.

But he has many psychological weaknesses and insecurities such as his fear of letting people down.

When Itachi fought him in the genjutsu he exploited these tendencies, creating illusions of his friends taunting him with their disappointment and frustrations.

Do you think this same genjutsu would have worked on Kakashi or Shikamaru? Their minds are stronger in that category in that they are rational thinkers and not easily swayed by suggestion.

This is the concept that the "Jedi Mind trick" in Star Wars is based on. Gaara was able to easily strike a nerve, disrupting Kimimaro's psyche, revealing his weak-minded devotions to Orochimaru and exploiting that sentiment at the same time.
Gaara might have struck a nerve and made Kimi angry but he disrupted nothing and certainly didn't exploit anything about it.
Kimi was incredibly strong-willed or he wouldn't have been able to get out of his bed in the first place. The source of this willpower was his devotion to Orochimaru
that makes you call him weak-minded but it doesn't even stick with Gaara's speech at the end of the fight.

Quote:
We don't know that for sure. Itachi has only been shown using it on Sasuke and Kakashi.
I don't know what you're talking about, we have seen Genjutsu from Itachi, Kakashi, Sasuke, Tayuya, Kabuto, Shodai, Kurenai and some Rain ninjas and none of them produced physical effect except for the Tsukuyomi which produce mental collapse.
Re-reading your sentence I think it's a misunderstanding : I said except in the case of the Tsukuyomi.

Quote:
I doubt that Asuma could cut through his dense bones easily with chakra daggers but I think Sasuke could pierce through him with the Chidori beam he used on Orochimaru.
Why not? We have been told that Wind chakra have the most offensive power at close range, it obviously cut better than lightning with the same amount of chakra. Asuma easily cut a sword in half with his knifes.
Old 2007-04-29, 18:33   Link #212
Lex`
Aoi/Hinata Fan Boy

If Kimimaro didn't have regenerative abilities, there would be holes all over his body from the usage of his bloodline trait from the years he's been using it.

Or, at the very least, his entire body would be one gigantic scar.
Lex` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 20:41   Link #213
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Also...In chapter 352, Suigetsu said he knew that Karin did something to Sasuke a long time ago what did she do to Sasuke eh?

There's only one thing that comes to my mind...and if i'm a perv for thinking it i'm sorry.

Sasuke musta been really really good his first time
I was thinking about that too, but then I thought maybe she did some sort of experiment on him at the request of Oro. or something...Anyways...she seems real attached to Sasuke, but Sasuke seems to brush her off...not even a thank you to her
Old 2007-04-29, 23:14   Link #214
Zek
Eyebrows...

We've seen holes in Kimi's skin close up in a matter of seconds, and common sense dictates that his body can regrow bones instantly. If those aren't signs of regenerative capabilities, I don't know what is. I don't know if he could regrow a limb or anything, but I don't see how injuries caused by bones being pulled out of his body are different than any other surface injury.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 23:52   Link #215
tkdtiger

Quote:
There are several instances where Kimi lost noticeable portion of flesh and appearead intact later. Take a look at Kimi's body chapter 215 after he was hit by the desert coffin, his skin was ripped off at many place, almost all his left cheek is missing and you can see his teeth. This is no longer the case the following chapter.
Take a look at the chapter 206 p4, 5 and 6. The bones clearly destroy a part of Kimi's muscles, flesh and skin. P5 and 6 you can see that almost all his elbow in raw meat. In two panels his elbow become whole an unhurt in a couple of second at the most.
We know that Kimi wasn't permanently scarred had he not died because we saw him recompose his bones, flesh and skill anew. Look at his body just before he died, his body is completely unhurt.

As I said above, he was completely unharmed and had no wounds whatsoever on his body. There wasn't any remark about Kimi using up most of his chakra either, only Gaara said he was out of chakra.

I agree. It just wouldn't make sense that if his bone can rip though his skin that he wouldn't be able to heal himself. Obviously this is not the case. His skin seems to heal just fine as he's pulling out bones. Now this doesn't mean he's invincible or that his regneration doesn't have limits, but it was definately strong enough virtually take on Gaara, although I'm guessing if Gaara wanted to as a last resort he could have forced himself to use Shukaku at that point....but that would cause all kinds of problems.
Old 2007-04-30, 01:59   Link #216
Bloom

hey,i am new here and i have a few questions. ok i've read manga to the chapter 352 and i'd like to know if it s the end of the shippuden or is every week a new chapter
the second is:how do you think will end the chase for itachi?? please answer
Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 05:03   Link #217
Ero-Senn1n

Maybe Kimimaro's special genetic feature conflicted with the special genetic feature taken from Juugo, which ended up in the mysterious illnes which not even Kabuto and Oro chould heal. If the two features conflicted than to cure it someone should remove the cursed seal completely. The two could be conflicting because both are altering the cells/organs of the body in their own way.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 07:37   Link #218
othafa

Quote:
Something just occured to me. Juugo claims that Kimimaro was the only person who could control his rampages (through force obviously).

That implies that they are at the same level or Kimi was slightly stronger since he was able to neutralize him while leaving him in one piece.

If that is the case, unless Juugo has gotten alot stronger since then, that would imply that he is at best, equal to Kimimaro who was effectively challenged by Gaara and Lee pre-timeskip.
If you look back, Kimmimaro wasn't challenged in that fight at all. Neither Gaara nor Lee was even able to hurt him. Also, the only reason Gaara and Lee weren't killed is because Kimmimaro died of a disease just before destroying them. Neither of them had any chakra left, and Kimmimaro was still going strong. I think that Kimmi was actually one of the strongest characters we've seen yet... Just based on what we've seen so far, I would estimate that he probably could have killed any member of Akatsuki who's already been involved in a fight (Deidara, Sasori, Kakuzu, Hidan, Itachi, Kisame) except for Itachi and maybe Kisame, depending on just how tuff his Samehada is (can it shatter bone hardened to the strength of steel?).
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 08:19   Link #219
tatami
back in black

those are strong words...
deidara: maybe or probably but his explosives are very dangerous but i agree...
sasori:i agree...
kakuzu: not agree..he can easily take kimimaros heart by dying once or twice.
hidan:not agree...he is immortal and it will be easy to take a blood sample from kimi who does not care about wounds.
itachi: not agree, he is a genjitsu taijutsu ninjutsu god.
kisame:not agree...his samehada will take care of kimi's chakra...and what else has he got?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 09:05   Link #220
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
There are several instances where Kimi lost noticeable portion of flesh and appearead intact later.
LOL. Yeah you're right, it had been awhile since I read the chapter. He activated CS2 and his face and body were full healed.

Quote:
Gaara might have struck a nerve and made Kimi angry but he disrupted nothing and certainly didn't exploit anything about it.
Kimi was incredibly strong-willed or he wouldn't have been able to get out of his bed in the first place. The source of this willpower was his devotion to Orochimaru
that makes you call him weak-minded but it doesn't even stick with Gaara's speech at the end of the fight.

Gaara was not able to exploit it, but when people lose their cool like that it shows the type of weakness of mind that I am referring to.

Kimi's devotion did motivate him and gave him a strong will but it also deluded him to an extent. Gaara himself was like this before his battle with Naruto and even worse (He showed obvious signs of Schizophrenia). I think he would have been an easy target for high level Genjutsu as well.

Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about, we have seen Genjutsu from Itachi, Kakashi, Sasuke, Tayuya, Kabuto, Shodai, Kurenai and some Rain ninjas and none of them produced physical effect except for the Tsukuyomi which produce mental collapse.
Re-reading your sentence I think it's a misunderstanding : I said except in the case of the Tsukuyomi.
Yeah looking back you did say except. So like I said, Tsukuyomi is a jutsu Kimimaro's bones cannot defend against.

Against most physical attacks he is invincible so Lee could at best toss him around and Gaara could do the same with Sand but neither could truly harm him (aside from causing his disease to act up). A Genjutsu attack especially a high level Sharingan genjutsu on the other hand may be his down fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Maybe Kimimaro's special genetic feature conflicted with the special genetic feature taken from Juugo, which ended up in the mysterious illnes which not even Kabuto and Oro chould heal. If the two features conflicted than to cure it someone should remove the cursed seal completely. The two could be conflicting because both are altering the cells/organs of the body in their own way.
Yeah that is a good theory. Kabuto said that their treatment was hendered by the lack of knowledge about the Kaguya clan's medical history. He really doesn't know but it is possible that Oro's experiments could have adverse effects on someone with an Advanced bloodline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
If you look back, Kimmimaro wasn't challenged in that fight at all. Neither Gaara nor Lee was even able to hurt him.
They got in their shots proving that they were on his level in skill they just did not have the means to cause real damage. Desert Coffin did inflict damage and had the potential to kill him as did that quick sand jutsu but Kimi powered out of them.

Quote:
I think that Kimmi was actually one of the strongest characters we've seen yet... Just based on what we've seen so far, I would estimate that he probably could have killed any member of Akatsuki who's already been involved in a fight (Deidara, Sasori, Kakuzu, Hidan, Itachi, Kisame) except for Itachi and maybe Kisame, depending on just how tuff his Samehada is (can it shatter bone hardened to the strength of steel?).
I agree that Kimi was extremely tough but in my view most of the Akatsuki that have fought could have killed him.

Sasori - Uses poisons to kill his adversary. We know that Kimi died of a disease so he is not immune to illness. All Sasori would need to do is pierce his skin with his puppets and he would poison him or he could gas him. The Sandaime Kazekage alone could aid him in defense against the bone attacks and Sasori himself is very hard to kill.

Deidara - He could keep a safe distance from Kimi on his bird and evade his projectile attacks. I don't know if Deidara could hurt him but we have not seen how Kimimaro's body stands up against intense heat like the ones Deidara's bombs would cause (the biggest of which can destroy an entire village).

He would give Kimimaro a good fight atleast.

Hidan - He's a very hard man to kill (Is he even dead? He was laughing psychotically while being buried by Shikamaru ). He also only needs one drop of your blood to kill you.

He might be a cheap ass but all he would need is one drop of Kimimaro's blood and he could inflict internal damage sealing his fate.

Kakuzu - His Iron-skin just makes his body just as durable as Kimimaro's. His masked heart demons give him many elemental weapons though none of them may be able to actually kill Kimimaro and if Kakuzu's threads cannot pierce Kimi's body he cannot take his heart so they may be even matched.

Actually now that I think about it there is one way for those tendrils to pierce Kimi and that is through his eyes.

Even if Kimimaro can pierce the iron-skin he would have to hit all of Kakuzu's hearts to kill him, while Kakuzu only needs to get his once, so couple that with his elemental attacks and Kakuzu has the clear advantage.

Itachi - As I have been mentioning I think that Kimimaro would be susceptible to Genjutsu. Tsukuyomi would tear his mind apart. Amaterasu would likely incenerate him and Itachi certainly has the speed and agility to evade his bone attacks.

I know you said Itachi and Kisame may be exceptions but I am comparing their skills....

Kisame - We don't know what Samehada is fully capable of. We do know that Kisame can create a pond where there is no water so he could just hold Kimimaro under water and drown him the way he almost did to Gai. Kimimaro might escape from it the way he did Gaara's quick sand.

He may be the most susceptible in Akatsuki so far to Kimimaro's attacks but I think that he has enough effective water Ninjutsu to keep him at bay and deal a fatal blow.