AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-08, 21:38   Link #121
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Don't be silly. Kyon is Krillin.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-08, 21:45   Link #122
GDB

Also works, since at that time Roshi was speaking of both Goku and Krillin. So that makes Haruhi Goku, I suppose.
Old 2009-09-08, 22:06   Link #123
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Now I want to see a golden-haired Haruhi.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-09, 02:33   Link #124
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... Now I want to see a golden-haired Haruhi.
INB4 Photoshop.
Old 2009-09-12, 09:53   Link #125
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^Be4 golden hair its over 9000... after that ITS OFF THE CHARTS!

At least Krillin doesnt get grabbed by the collar or forced by Goku to do any weird things. (But from a certain series called haruhi-chan it seems that everyone in SOS-dan can do a kamehameha...)

And about the fight, ashez2ashes, this is so gonna be Haruhi-chan 9 all over again lol. We noe Kyon can fight against a truck anyway

PS: Wonder if anyone thought of a super fusion between Haruhi and Kyon...
Old 2009-09-12, 11:24   Link #126
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
ever since i started reading the series i have always thought that Haruhi definately like Kyon but Kyon on the other hand is extremely reluctant to even admit to himself that he sees Haruhi nothing more than a burden that he has to look after but in reality actually does have stronger feeling for her.
Spoiler:

Quote:

To me it really seems like Kyon seriously wants Haruhi to mellow out and treat other people better, wants Nagato to open up a bit more and acknowledge her emotions, and wants Asahina to develop more confidence and self-esteem like her older self (though he's still unnerved by Asahina (big), which complicates matters).
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
No, it is not about the infertile part I would say these metaphor only prooves he likes Mikuru, but not he dislake Haruhi. He says he don't like her pretty much every book, yet we knows this is not true (because how he acts in pretty much every book).
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-13, 06:42   Link #127
freakonboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Kyon's a male tsundere in regards to Haruhi. Let's just leave it at that.
Quote for emphasis.
Old 2009-09-13, 07:24   Link #128
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Quote for emphasis.
Haruhi and Kyon are both very mild Tsunderes.

It's very rarely shown in full light but it is definately there.
Old 2009-09-13, 08:17   Link #129
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

I don't think he wants Mikuru to change, at all. She panders to his fetishes, after all.

He even said she "only needs to remain herself" at one point.
Old 2009-09-13, 08:57   Link #130
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
I don't think he wants Mikuru to change, at all. She panders to his fetishes, after all.

He even said she "only needs to remain herself" at one point.

That entire monologue by Kyon has many different interpretations.

We still don't know exactly what he means by it as a whole.
Old 2009-09-13, 22:17   Link #131
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^Could also be hinting at what's to come at the future as well. Koizumi did mention that the Organisation was wary of Mikuru's organisation. And the device that Mikuru uses, isnt it some sort of time plane destroyer as well?

Kyon as a 'mild tsundere', except that his feelings for haruhi werent exactly romantic ones, otherwise it will fit perfectly.
Old 2009-09-14, 12:13   Link #132
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

Kyon as a 'mild tsundere', except that his feelings for haruhi werent exactly romantic ones, otherwise it will fit perfectly.
Well you can't really say they arn't romantic, The feelings Kyon feels can be extremely hard to catagorise since they seem to change on a daily basis and the method which he expressed them also changes.
Old 2009-09-14, 20:55   Link #133
typhonsentra

Where in book 9 does he admit to recognizing Haruhi's feelings?

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-14, 23:24   Link #134
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Well you can't really say they arn't romantic, The feelings Kyon feels can be extremely hard to catagorise since they seem to change on a daily basis and the method which he expressed them also changes.
Well, i did say it wasnt exactly romantic, but you're right, its hard to categorise these feelings becoz its more like a mix, considering that for almost everything haruhi has done, there is Kyon behind her, even if his approach is somewhat...

Typhonsentra, I do remember seeing that part when I was skimming through like god knows how long ago, but kinda forgotten which part as well. Maybe u should try baka-tsuki?
Old 2009-09-15, 10:32   Link #135
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Well, i did say it wasnt exactly romantic, but you're right, its hard to categorise these feelings becoz its more like a mix, considering that for almost everything haruhi has done, there is Kyon behind her, even if his approach is somewhat...

Yea i getcha, I was just pointing it out. Kyon will stick by Haruhi to the end, He realises that himself in Sighs

Spoiler:

A LOT of the hints in the novel pointed towards romance with maybe a few small arrows...The anime however seems to be putting up Huge Vegas Lighting shows pointing towards Romance though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Where in book 9 does he admit to recognizing Haruhi's feelings?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-15, 17:18   Link #136
Tabasco

I think this is what you're looking for.

------------
Spoiler for I think this is what you're looking for:

--------------------

Last edited by xris; 2009-09-16 at 02:36. Reason: Please read the opening post concerning spoiler tags
Old 2009-09-15, 19:26   Link #137
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Please use spoiler tags for that. Not only because it's an actual spoiler, but because it's also a wall of text.
Old 2009-09-15, 22:42   Link #138
sacundim

I second the spoiler tags. Also, more space between the paragraphs would be better.

Anyway, we've discussed Kyon's awareness of Haruhi's feelings toward him a few weeks ago. This is the link to my post on the topic, but to summarize:
Spoiler for Sighs II, Live Alive, novel 9:

I must say that I think that this thread has recently taken a bit too much of a Kyon x Haruhi shipping bent. The way I see it, we've got to take Kyon's failure to pursue Haruhi at face value (more so considering the spoiler above) and just say that she just annoys him too much. I'd say that so far in the story, Kyon would prefer a relationship with Asahina more than with any of the other girls—and the relationship would fail, on many grounds.

More generally, I think that Kyon and the three girls would have to develop and mature more for any of the pairings to work. We're not going to see any couples in this series until we see some more important character development happen.
Old 2009-09-15, 23:20   Link #139
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacundim View Post
I must say that I think that this thread has recently taken a bit too much of a Kyon x Haruhi shipping bent. The way I see it, we've got to take Kyon's failure to pursue Haruhi at face value (more so considering the spoiler above) and just say that she just annoys him too much. I'd say that so far in the story, Kyon would prefer a relationship with Asahina more than with any of the other girls—and the relationship would fail, on many grounds.
Taking anything Kyon says about how he feels at face value is an exercise in futility.

Case in point:

Spoiler for Up to Vol. 9:

Two other things: a) KyonxMikuru has pretty much been impossible from the beginning, and if you don't believe that Kyon, at the very least, cares about Haruhi a hell of a lot, you need to read Vol. 4 again.
Old 2009-09-16, 04:37   Link #140
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Taking anything Kyon says about how he feels at face value is an exercise in futility.

Case in point:

Spoiler for Up to Vol. 9:
I totally agree with you.
Spoiler for Vol. 9:
Closed Thread

Tags
characters