AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 01:55   Link #21621
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm not very sure, in fact, even though using Charl the way he did in canon automatically making him an ass, we never know what kind of people actually he is.

We never know his reason not talk to Charl heart to heart. We never know why he still kept Charl until she turned 7 instead of banish her right away or even abort her. And more, why must Charlotte who's sent to be close with Ichika, instead of random girl that is totally loyal to him.

There's more question I want to ask regarding his position as villain, and now you know most of them.

Note: Yes, he did, she already appear as early as the last part of chapter 7. As for how he reached second shift... Tabane likened the creation of Setsura with a cancer
Old 2012-02-11, 01:58   Link #21622
Eratas123

Charlotte was sent because of her high IS ranking, not her identity. He probably would've sent for anyone if they had the same rank or higher as her.
Old 2012-02-11, 02:11   Link #21623
demino_hellsin
That one guy

would it be a boring upgrade to go from AIC to near identically psychokinesis?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 02:12   Link #21624
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi

Yes, it's boring... and more of a handwave than technobabble. No offense.

Just remember about your complain about the underwhelming performance of the BITs, remember that even in Gundam (minus 00's Fangs, which I hate) Funnel/Bit/Incom wasn't supposed to be used within atmosphere.

For example, Chaos Gundam has one, but they're not much more agile than the mecha carried it.

And now we knew
Old 2012-02-11, 02:19   Link #21625
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Thought so... so hard to actually give Laura a real one off ability.

The BIT performance being so poor could be excused with that argument but... aren't they also under influence of PIC? meaning they also have anti-grav and are able to ignore the law of inertia?
Old 2012-02-11, 02:22   Link #21626
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The BIT performance being so poor could be excused with that argument but... aren't they also under influence of PIC? meaning they also have anti-grav and are able to ignore the law of inertia?
This.

I thought this would be the issue as to why remote weapons in IS would be as effective as it would out-of-atmosphere.
Old 2012-02-11, 02:23   Link #21627
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I never said about gravity, I said about air resistance, but you're right...

They might as well has the same barrier that solve the aerodynamic issue of the parent unit... because if they didn't, that would explain their piss-poor performance
Old 2012-02-11, 02:27   Link #21628
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the bits look a bit too streamlined to be bothered by airflow that much. Remember that they look a lot like arrow head or pointy at the tip and fattens towards the rear? That's not only to make it look sharp but that's aerodynamic design right there. The fact they're quite flat also suggest aerodynamic design on top of being more compact.

EDIT: I can only imagine the bit control interface being inferior to that of gundam which puts a lot of stress on the pilot. Also the pilots in gundam are either superhuman or using quantum computer assistance. But still, It's the IS! quantum computer computations should be nothing @_@
Old 2012-02-11, 02:31   Link #21629
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Still basically a glorified missile.

If so, then we has no explanation except "Cecilia suck" because M operate her BITs at such efficiency that she's almost invincible, even against three unit.
Old 2012-02-11, 02:35   Link #21630
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I blame it more on the fact that since Cecilia is the only one thus far who can actually use them that well, she assumes that there is no higher degree of control. So she got conscious or subconsciously too comfy with that fact.
Old 2012-02-11, 02:43   Link #21631
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In my fic, Madoka explained it as 'using two at a time', that is, alternating between BITs in a well-calculated arrangement, allowing her to move and even fought using rifle and bayonet.

Cecilia is too dependent of attacking with all of the BITs at the same time, therefore giving a certain problem about burdening CPU.

Justified that Silent Zephyr has 15% higher computational speed.
Old 2012-02-11, 02:55   Link #21632
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm basic ideas for Laura 2nd shift.

collapsible quad rail gun array

armored heavy mode

agile blitz mode
Old 2012-02-11, 02:58   Link #21633
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Elaborate
Old 2012-02-11, 03:20   Link #21634
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for Scwarzer Regen 2nd shift development log:

huge wall o text

EDIT: erm... too elaborate?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-02-11 at 03:30.
Old 2012-02-11, 03:27   Link #21635
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

Here if anyone needs it.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 03:32   Link #21636
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi

Using gunbarrel as armor/parrying weapon was well known as... rather dumb decision, ever since the invention of guns. It's not about potential, but about the risk.

Otherwise, the rest of concept is interesting and plausible.

@ Rain

Join the mayhem of tech-wank
Old 2012-02-11, 03:35   Link #21637
Eratas123

@ Rain - Welcome

@ Senpai - Any idea what the IS runs off of? It can't be nuclear power.
Old 2012-02-11, 03:36   Link #21638
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but the rails are actually quite thick even as compared to standard gunpowder fire arms. I think railguns use far heavier and sturdier barrels. Though they can act purely as magnetic field emitter and repel/minimize damage from physical bullets.
Old 2012-02-11, 03:43   Link #21639
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Magic.

On a more serious note, I theorized it as Proton Decay or Matter-antimatter, or even more esoteric source than that. How else it can obtain such high power output despite the small size of the core (which ALSO contains microcomputer)

@ Demi

And then you find the rails are chipped/bent, and there's no guarantee the bullet used in I.S. firearm are ferromagnetic

Once again, it's an interesting concept, and seriously cool, unless you want to go realistic (which... admittedly equal to trying too hard, like me )

I propose third solution: It wasn't the rail that make the rail gun bulky, but the railgun FRAME, which can be used as additional armor, at the risk of exposing the (theoretically) fragile rails.
Old 2012-02-11, 03:44   Link #21640
Eratas123

Next chapter of White Knight is 12k words.......I think I'm in over my head here.

Side note - Reading Negima and Baka to Test to get ideas.

@ Senpai - Maybe they solved the fuel problem in their world Also, how odd is it for a male to know girlish hobbies?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest