AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 8 29.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 25.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-04, 20:17   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
All I know is that an episode focusing heavily on Suigintou is instant win in my books .

Though Megu really is one....well I'm not really sure what word is best to attach to her .

Was hilarious though how Jun just lost it and got Shinku to clean up the aftermath.
Old 2013-08-05, 07:23   Link #22
HandofFate

I'm liking the music direction.
Playing only during character introductions or choice scenes and none during the rest, its like i'm watching a play.
Old 2013-08-05, 07:51   Link #23
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I'm liking the music direction.
Playing only during character introductions or choice scenes and none during the rest, its like i'm watching a play.
Uh............ Go to a theater?

I, for one, like having music and visuals manipulate me. This show does nothing for me outside the "mystery" bits.

Last edited by Horse; 2013-08-05 at 08:51.
Old 2013-08-05, 11:04   Link #24
HandofFate

Is there a Rozen Maiden theater?
Regardless, its stylistically mimicking a play layout while taking the advantage of being an anime so it can switch scenes and whatever on the fly.

The absence of music makes the scenes whenever there is music more empathized.
Sorry, you have a short attention span and need bells and whistles and inserted lines every second.
Old 2013-08-05, 12:25   Link #25
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Sorry, you have a short attention span and need bells and whistles and inserted lines every second.
OMG, you're s0 M34N!11!1 Like, srsly11!

Oh well, you're right - I can always drop it when it reaches annoying levels. Re-reading the manga will be much faster if this adaptation doesn't want to take advantage of the medium.
Old 2013-08-06, 08:56   Link #26
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I have no problems with the music direction, but that's just me. It's fine if others don't. *shrug*
Old 2013-08-08, 02:07   Link #27
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I don't have a problem about the musical direction neither. The only thing that annoys me is the manager guy but thank goodness he is only a minor character.
Old 2013-08-08, 02:51   Link #28
HosannaExcelsis

The music and sound direction in Rozen Maiden is as good as it gets in anime. Careful attention is paid to timing the music such that it matches what's happening on screen, and to choosing appropriate sound effects and ambient noise to build mood. Plus the soundtrack by itself is quite good, with my favorite track so far probably the vocal one played during Shinku's awakening at the end of episode 3.
Old 2013-08-08, 07:49   Link #29
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
The only thing that annoys me is the manager guy but thank goodness he is only a minor character.
I think the manager guy is intended to annoy.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2013-08-11, 14:49   Link #30
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fifth Tale

This episode stole my heart for SuiginTou.

Definitely, to me, Megu and SuiginTou are one of the best Medium-and-Doll relationships, and I'm glad Megu returned if was in SuiginTous' memories.

SuiginTou steadily warmed to Megu, learning from her through their interactions and play. I think that Megu becoming SuiginTou's medium is for the latter to learn that there are other people out there with much terrible hardships and predicaments than hers. The value of company that teaches her how to open her heart for another and to confide her trust and secrets.

I think as well that SuiginTou's yearn to listen to Megu's song comes from her desire that she's developed feelings of affection and care for Megu, even if SuiginTou herself cannot properly bring herself to admit them publicly.

For the Golden moment of the episode:
- Shinku's land mine or berserk button, that never ever has to be pushed, is hearing or listening to comments praising at how elegant and refined-looking SuiginTou is.
Old 2013-10-02, 18:22   Link #31
kitten320

Suigintou is always a win in my book