Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-11, 06:25   Link #501
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Her commanders did not expect her unit to run into heavy resistance or encounter mutants. They were not trained to fight ghouls. They were on a routine training mission that got turned into a low priority recon and rescue mission. They were sent into a part of the city not expected to be dangerous. Remember, they're "Medical Unit Coppelion." The mission went horribly wrong. This is a self contained group. The Coppelion are supposed to train each other in the field since normal humans can not survive in the highly radioactive environments they can thrive in.
None of this means that Aoi has to have the mentally capacity of a three year old. She doesn't need training to have common sense.

And i highly doubt your explanation that Aoi lacks training. Ibara must have had some grounds to have confidence in her before it was completely shot down. And the idea that they were sent into a part of the city that wasn't dangerous is ludicrous because the entire city is dangerous as we saw in the very first episode.

Quote:
As for Aoi's personality. They probably thought she'd mature by the time she reaches 18. Maybe she got teamed with Ibara so Ibara's work ethic rubbed off on her.
Probably, maybe, whatever.

All of this is just speculation.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 12:04   Link #502
Zephuros
The White Dog

Send a message via MSN to Zephuros
I just registered and came in.. wow, i'm lost, how far has people discussed this ^^"?
(is topic/forum restricted only to how far the anime as aired..? since I've read the raw manga up to its 19th volumes and the monthly magazine :/", so that i'll shut my mouth about spoilers from there...)
Zephuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 12:09   Link #503
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephuros View Post
I just registered and came in.. wow, i'm lost, how far has people discussed this ^^"?

(is topic/forum restricted only to how far the anime as aired..? since I've read the raw manga up to its 19th volumes and the monthly magazine :/", so that i'll shut my mouth about spoilers from there...)
Welcome!

Here is a link to the policies regarding spoilers.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113517

Also should give the faq a read as well....
Old 2013-11-11, 12:18   Link #504
Zephuros
The White Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Welcome!

Here is a link to the policies regarding spoilers.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113517

Also should give the faq a read as well....
Thanks!

but eh.. so, I can't give any spoilers (with spoiler tags) about the manga (for the upcoming anime episodes) for explaining stuff in here @@"? (I was typing, until now ._.")

since people are complaining alot, i was hoping i'd clear up some misunderstandings if I said what will happen later in the manga (with spoiler tags of course) in which the anime woulnd't be able to cover (because it's just 13 eps..)
Old 2013-11-11, 13:05   Link #505
Zephuros
The White Dog

seems like I can't speculate or give any opinion..(i knew everything already..aw..-w-")
boy.. i'll just sit back and read then for now then ._."

Currently lurking through the internet searching (hopelessly) for people who want to talk&discuss about the Coppelion series..
I've read the translated manga up to volume 12, read rest of the raws up to volume 20 & its latest 209th chapter and is following it every month from the Gekkan Young Magazine. And here are the FAQs that you should read and know.
I'll be straight: please contact me if you're interested in the series, I'd really like to talk! I'm also an admin at the Coppelion wiki, so feel free to ask me anything about it.
Old 2013-11-11, 13:12   Link #506
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If you want to talk about the manga then you can do that in the manga subforum. There doesn't seem to be Coppelion thread but you're free to make one.
Old 2013-11-11, 13:19   Link #507
Zephuros
The White Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If you want to talk about the manga then you can do that in the manga subforum. There doesn't seem to be Coppelion thread but you're free to make one.
yep, eventhough the series started in 2008 it's very unpopular even in Japan :/
and Crunchyroll has recently translated the manga up to volume 8 (or so I heard) and simulpublish it from Kodansha's monthly magazine (it was one of the 12 manga series that Crunchyroll brought over from Japan)

nah...... i won't be creating another topic about it here, I've done dozens of it everywhere else, I know the result, no one's gonna go talk or discuss about it... unless they read the raws...and the english scanlation is very slow the anime just went past it :/ (Thanks btw...)

p.s. wow, this forum is quite active -.-" (fast replies eh)

Currently lurking through the internet searching (hopelessly) for people who want to talk&discuss about the Coppelion series..
I've read the translated manga up to volume 12, read rest of the raws up to volume 20 & its latest 209th chapter and is following it every month from the Gekkan Young Magazine. And here are the FAQs that you should read and know.
I'll be straight: please contact me if you're interested in the series, I'd really like to talk! I'm also an admin at the Coppelion wiki, so feel free to ask me anything about it.
Old 2013-11-11, 14:13   Link #508
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephuros View Post
... wow, this forum is quite active -.-" (fast replies eh)
Sometimes it is, sometimes.

I think creating a Coppelion manga thread is a fine idea btw - please feel free.
Old 2013-11-11, 14:25   Link #509
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
None of this means that Aoi has to have the mentally capacity of a three year old. She doesn't need training to have common sense.
Common sense is far from common. It's taught, not inherited. For Aoi to have true common sense, someone should have taught her what she should do and what not to do in certain situations. The fact that she is incredibly impulsive and easily prone to crying is a sign to me that her training was insufficient before they sent her out.

Quote:
And i highly doubt your explanation that Aoi lacks training. Ibara must have had some grounds to have confidence in her before it was completely shot down.
Do we even know if Ibara actually consented on bringing Aoi along in the first place? Perhaps the higher-ups just decided that she would go with her, without questioning any possible consequences. In that case, Ibara would have been stuck with her, without any means of getting rid of her.

I tend to think Aoi has some sort of skill that might prove its use later on, but she might not know this right now yet.

Quote:
And the idea that they were sent into a part of the city that wasn't dangerous is ludicrous because the entire city is dangerous as we saw in the very first episode.
I'm quite sure the higher-ups didn't expect the girls to come across such a large number of survivors. They probably thought only a handful of people survived and that these people might even be on the verge of death if so. I assume Ibara was armed just in case they would meet up some resistance, or someone who would harm them, but I don't think they expected an entire military division to have survived.
Old 2013-11-11, 14:52   Link #510
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Common sense is far from common. It's taught, not inherited. For Aoi to have true common sense, someone should have taught her what she should do and what not to do in certain situations. The fact that she is incredibly impulsive and easily prone to crying is a sign to me that her training was insufficient before they sent her out.
I don't think it takes much teaching to know that if you're in a dangerous place (which she knew) and there's a strange lack of presence in the camera (which she also knew), you don't open a secured barrier because for some bizarre reason, you think it's your pet. At the very least, a little cautious would've been nice.

Quote:
Do we even know if Ibara actually consented on bringing Aoi along in the first place? Perhaps the higher-ups just decided that she would go with her, without questioning any possible consequences. In that case, Ibara would have been stuck with her, without any means of getting rid of her.

I tend to think Aoi has some sort of skill that might prove its use later on, but she might not know this right now yet.
It's not a matter of consent. Ibara clearly said Aoi should be able to handle herself: a claim that was then shot down spectacularly a second later when Aoi got captured.

Quote:
I'm quite sure the higher-ups didn't expect the girls to come across such a large number of survivors. They probably thought only a handful of people survived and that these people might even be on the verge of death if so. I assume Ibara was armed just in case they would meet up some resistance, or someone who would harm them, but I don't think they expected an entire military division to have survived.
But they're expected to arrest armed men, can recognise B2 stealth bombers what they're capable of and can shoot them from the sky with rocket launchers?
Old 2013-11-11, 17:24   Link #511
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Not to say this theory would make it "all better" for those who just can't stand our overemotional girls, but I could at least see it making sense for the Japanese government in this anime...

They genetically engineered the girls for "maximum caring". They wanted them to be reliable rescuers who are truly passionate about saving people. So they amped up their "emotional sensitivity" to the highest level possible. Unfortunately, they overdid it. The girls are naturally overemotional and weepy and have a tendency to panic because they're genetically engineered Care Bears, lol.

No, seriously, presuming there are in fact genes that help determine one's level of emotional sensitivity, I think this is what happened. And I can see why they'd amp up the girls to maximum level. One could even argue it has been helpful in some cases. But it does mean the girls are melodramatic to the extreme.

Meanwhile, the Cleaners were probably genetically engineered in a very different fashion. They may have been designed to lack empathy for others, given the nature of their role.
Old 2013-11-11, 17:45   Link #512
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That's actually a very good concept. If that turns out to be the case, then I'll gladly eat my words.
Old 2013-11-11, 17:59   Link #513
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
That's actually a very good concept. If that turns out to be the case, then I'll gladly eat my words.
Yeah - I thought so too, would make sense to hardwire diff parts of the "class" emotionally for their specialties as well.
Old 2013-11-12, 10:33   Link #514
Zephuros
The White Dog

Quote:
Am I one of the few that likes this series?
Nah, not just you.. I LOVE this series >_>+
its manga is currently my most favorite, while the anime is 3rd in ranking

Quote:
In the trailer, I think she's the one with telekinetic or electric powers. Is that someone else?
nope.. well, that person is Ozu Kanon (it's clear from the PV trailers and the character concept arts posted from the anime official sites)
and from the preview of ep6, she'll be appearing in the next ep7 along with Ozu Shion

although I guess they will appear in the end of ep7 for a cliff-hanger = =a just like how Haruto did in ep 5 .___.

/me mainly doesn't know what to discuss about other than answering questions =.="

Last edited by Zephuros; 2013-11-12 at 11:44.
Old 2013-11-13, 08:07   Link #515
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

After watching episode 7, I can say Haruto is my favorite.

Spoiler for ep7:
Old 2013-11-13, 08:44   Link #516
Zephuros
The White Dog

^^ Haruto's my second favorite character after Ibara in this series xDDD
(wow, you're quite fast...lol", i'm still waiting.. my net's like..damn slow , been waiting for one hour and it's still not done OTL)

/me gah, wanna make comments about the Ozu sisters, but can't >_>"

Old 2013-11-13, 09:07   Link #517
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^I got Animax Asia which is simulcasting the series at the same time as Japan.
Old 2013-11-13, 10:19   Link #518
Zephuros
The White Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
^I got Animax Asia which is simulcasting the series at the same time as Japan.
I have............................
nothing, but I watched it after it finished airing 9 minutes "
I think I got a japanese website that makes it possible to watch japan televisions... but I have no idea how to use it >_>a

phew, just finished watching it....twice in a row
as i thought, the Ozu sisters really did appear at the end of the episode for a cliff hanger >_> (just like they did in the manga..)
man, i was really looking forward to hear Kanon's voice ><!!
now then, waiting for the eng subs (eventhough I already understood everything that's going on because of the manga..)

boy, they removed a bit of jokes in this ep....again, jeez :/...
but then again, I've been complaining every episode, and I'll complain it again and for the rest of the episodes...
they speed up things toooooooooooo much >[]<!!! Feels like Naruse got injured, a few hours has passed, and she has to get up into a fight again! (in the manga it was given as if it's really a day or night spent...)

Old 2013-11-13, 10:22   Link #519
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 10:34   Link #520
Zephuros
The White Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:
But I like this couple ><!
Spoiler for episode 7:

Tags
post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, seinen, supernatural powers