AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-06-27, 19:59   Link #801
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

^ thats abit harsh to ise. Still i'm happy that Kirito only has Asuna in hsi sights
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 20:07   Link #802
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
^ thats abit harsh to ise.
I have no sympathy for guys like him [Saito is another one]...

BTW: I love you Avatar!
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 20:27   Link #803
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
I have no sympathy for guys like him [Saito is another one]...

BTW: I love you Avatar!
Well actualy if your read LN a little more you find that out that All the girls have agreed to the harem he wants and there a few problems with him and his relationship with girls. And his first GF left a big negetive impression on him.

And I feel for him to I mean he likes the girls especially the main one and she loves him too but because of her status and the fact the most popular girl in school and the fact that his first GF told him how she really felt about him and her true feelings about the date planed with all his heart was so boring. She in other words she crushed him emotionally and his heart.
He loves the main girl but he wont make a move on her or try to a relationship because he fear she will just do to him what his fist GF did to him and will just laugh at him or something. He also think all of her actions her just teasing him and playing with him. On top of all that he sees their relationship master and pet and if he hoped for more their relationship would end .
You should read vol 10 its really good.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-06-27 at 20:53.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 20:42   Link #804
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

That's a bit much to quote. I'd agree with Fallen that you're a little too harsh on Ise though.

He's perverted start to present in the novel. No way to really look around it. A lot of story elements center around it. Fans get fan service.

Useless? He contributes plenty once he unlocks his potential. How he gets his power ups is kind of dissatisfying. Plot armor evolves on facepalm-worthy levels as the DxD progresses.

Terrible? As you were saying, he at least has the nice guy deal going for him. For a pervert, ironically, anything beyond looking he does with consent. What he does want to do, his nice self usually restrains him from doing.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 20:53   Link #805
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Way longer then I originally intended...

I did watch and read a bit of HS DxD.... but I didn't like the MC. He was ridiculous... If I knew him in real life I would have turned the other way and pretended like he didn't exist.

It may be obvious that he'll be with Gremory, but the other girl [Forget her name] kept getting in their way... and the MC didn't exactly try to stop her [or any one for that matter] from doing anything.

Hell he created a technique that blows the clothes off of females, underwear in all. And he was proud of it like it was the most awesome thing in the world. Not my idea of a guy I want to be known as a friend to... He may be nice, but that's about all that's going for him.

I don't know why girls in harems go for the useless, perverted, and/or terrible guy.

Actually if you read DxD till later volume[12+summary of untranslated], you will know that DxD is true Harem LN[coz the theme for LN is greed and they're devil, so it's obvious]. and the main heroine also know of that and give him permission to have harem[even her parent too].

for DB i must say that "thanx god it's DB, if he created x-ray vision that will be real disaster". if you want to know why, in vol 2 Ise wondering which skill he want to develop[Dress break or X-ray vision], and he chose DB. if you say WTH with this guy to create such a tech, then wait till you read vol 5 when Ise developed his strongest tech[created coz of sexually frustated after chased around by a dragon]

as for Ise himself, i'm very much like him as friend[at least he is the type of guy that won't stab your back. and being with him is more fun than with quite and silent guy]. yeah ofcourse he's pervert and useless, but that only in first two volume[later he is practically invicible till the level of summoning goddess and get her blessing that made his sacred gear lost it mind and crying].

why did girl like him eventhough he is pervert and useless?
+he is honest man[and women is like honest man more than sly one]
+he may be useless but always do his best to solve thing[to the level of get himself killed for the second time].
+he love woman and won't let them get hurt
Spoiler for Spoiler for vol 4:

+not all his tech is perverted[it's really his strongest tech, and no woman regardless how strong she is want to battle him coz of this tech(DB and Bilingual)]:
Spoiler for Ise other tech:

as for Kirito, he is more like complete oppasite of Ise[in term of greed for woman(Asuna only)], chivalrous, and appreciate life. but he is a lone wolf type and more to clever than smart[cool and strong type MC]
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 20:58   Link #806
sky black swordman

^ Thats true and you should read more about DxD.
Old 2012-06-27, 21:02   Link #807
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
That's a bit much to quote. I'd agree with Fallen that you're a little too harsh on Ise though.

He's perverted start to present in the novel. No way to really look around it. A lot of story elements center around it. Fans get fan service.

Useless? He contributes plenty once he unlocks his potential. How he gets his power ups is kind of dissatisfying. Plot armor evolves on facepalm-worthy levels as the DxD progresses.

Terrible? As you were saying, he at least has the nice guy deal going for him. For a pervert, ironically, anything beyond looking he does with consent. What he does want to do, his nice self usually restrains him from doing.
I wasn't actually saying he was all of those... I was using them as examples of the different types of MC in Harems.
Old 2012-06-27, 21:09   Link #808
sky black swordman

Quote:
I wasn't actually saying he was all of those... I was using them as examples of the different types of MC in Harems.
Ok but I know is that issei and saito are alike in they are both peverts but aside from that different.
One big difference between Issei and Saito is the fact that his(Issei) first GF left in ruined for relationships with girls and a subconscious fear of girls and realationships.
Old 2012-06-27, 21:59   Link #809
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Ok but I know is that issei and saito are alike in they are both peverts but aside from that different.
One big difference between Issei and Saito is the fact that his(Issei) first GF left in ruined for relationships with girls and a subconscious fear of girls and realationships.
He was a pervert before his GF did that to him.... not an excuse.
Old 2012-06-27, 22:00   Link #810
bludvein

Quote:
He was a pervert before his GF did that to him.... not an excuse.
Well....that's true. Though to be fair Ise has always been pretty upfront with his perverted tendencies. At least he has honesty going for him.

Anyway, this discussion is getting a bit off topic.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 22:08   Link #811
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Well....that's true. Though to be fair Ise has always been pretty upfront with his perverted tendencies. At least he has honesty going for him.

Anyway, this discussion is getting a bit off topic.
I agree..... Back to topic. SAO.......
Old 2012-06-27, 22:27   Link #812
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
No, Alicization is a massive arc. Its size is approximately 2.5MB with an estimation of over 2600 pages.
Were did you find this information?
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 22:32   Link #813
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
Were did you find this information?
web version of SAO is alredy at the end of ALICIZATION arc
Old 2012-06-27, 23:15   Link #814
Nihgthawk

found it now my question is about how many vol will this arc be?
Old 2012-06-27, 23:23   Link #815
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
found it now my question is about how many vol will this arc be?
around 7-10[maybe longer or shorter since each chapter varied in length]
Old 2012-06-27, 23:24   Link #816
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Estimation till v14
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:46   Link #817
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Estimation till v14
Well this will drive me insane with anticipation. Let me guess one vol every 5-6 months huh.
Old 2012-06-28, 00:11   Link #818
firestalker5

Quote:
Well this will drive me insane with anticipation. Let me guess one vol every 5-6 months huh.
If the pace continues that it has been... then every 3 to 4 months.
Old 2012-06-28, 00:59   Link #819
Nihgthawk

Quote:
If the pace continues that it has been... then every 3 to 4 months.
Joy btw I found the PV of the ending theme of the anime on youtube
Old 2012-06-28, 04:52   Link #820
sky black swordman

Quote:
Joy btw I found the PV of the ending theme of the anime on youtube
Yeah we ....well so of know about it . The full thing is on SAO anime thread if it has not been removed.
But thank you for your efforts.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality