AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-10-21, 21:18   Link #2241
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
In the SAO eps, it says something like SAOxAW OVA in Feb. 17.
I figured it was a meetup event being held on the 17th?.
Old 2012-10-21, 22:50   Link #2242
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I figured it was a meetup event being held on the 17th?.
Yeah, it's not an OVA, it's a live event.
Old 2012-10-21, 22:59   Link #2243
invokion
Accelerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, it's not an OVA, it's a live event.
I'm interested to see if Accel World will be over-shadowed by SAO during the event, with Asuna / Kirito fans - SAO seems significantly more popular?
Old 2012-10-21, 23:10   Link #2244
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by invokion View Post
I'm interested to see if Accel World will be over-shadowed by SAO during the event, with Asuna / Kirito fans - SAO seems significantly more popular?
Maybe the KYH and Fuuko fans can give the Kirito/Asuna fans a run for their money? It should be interesting to see how many AW fans will be there compared to SAO.
Old 2012-10-21, 23:15   Link #2245
invokion
Accelerate

Quote:
Maybe the KYH and Fuuko fans can give the Kirito/Asuna fans a run for their money? It should be interesting to see how many AW fans will be there compared to SAO.
I wish i could be there as KYH fan . But that is a possibility, there are a lot of KYH fans out there. Hopefully it's balanced for the sake of it being a dual-anime event.

AW Ftw.
Old 2012-10-21, 23:59   Link #2246
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I imagine that most of the fans attending will probably be fans of both, at least to varying degrees. I wouldn't necessarily see it as a contest.
Old 2012-10-22, 15:31   Link #2247
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
How do you fit that many people in over-sized butterfly and fairy costumes into one area without them just destroying each others wings through too much close contact that's what I'm curious to know?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 04:00   Link #2248
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, keep in mind that I wasn't giving my own opinion in that post, simply trying to explain the complaints I've seen others raise. And, to that end, I think the whole thing is that people *wanted* that story arc to end sooner because they didn't enjoy it. If that meant meeting the other members and the Kings (or whatever else), then they might like that. So... I'm not sure what the point of your post was or the sarcasm. Creating a giant crisis out of an issue that would be easily solved by relying on one of the story's main characters may rub some people the wrong way, particularly if they liked the character that's now missing, and they dislike the newly-featured character. I understand the complaint, even though the issue didn't personally bother me that much.
So that's what it is. Just because we don't like a certain story arc doesn't mean it's automatically bad, and we know this.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 04:07   Link #2249
invokion
Accelerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So that's what it is. Just because we don't like a certain story arc doesn't mean it's automatically bad, and we know this.
I think it was an arc that could've ended earlier objectively, it seemed <<unnaturally>> long and dragged out. I didn't mind the arc so much, there was some solid development I think. I was just disappointed it sidetracked from the main plot, and took up half a season for it.
Old 2012-10-23, 18:31   Link #2250
judasmartel
*Author

Well, it IS part of the main plot, right? Even though reformed Noumi won't probably get to do anything later in the novels for understandable reasons (you can only do so much when you don't even remember that Accel World exists).

Unless you mean by "main plot" the battle between NN and the Kings. That would be interesting if they fought someone like Blue Knight or Green Grandee right before the end of the first season.
Old 2012-10-23, 22:24   Link #2251
invokion
Accelerate

Quote:
Well, it IS part of the main plot, right? Even though reformed Noumi won't probably get to do anything later in the novels for understandable reasons (you can only do so much when you don't even remember that Accel World exists).

Unless you mean by "main plot" the battle between NN and the Kings. That would be interesting if they fought someone like Blue Knight or Green Grandee right before the end of the first season.
Yeah, main plot being defeating 5 Kings to reach level 10. Noumi's Arc didn't really accomplish much in that respect, and hence why I think of it as a 'side' quest. It would've been good if ended on that note I agree... though the battle with Green Grandee would've been so tedious cos of his defense haha. I wonder how he'd handle fights in the unlimited world, he can't do much damage(?).
Old 2012-10-24, 00:01   Link #2252
judasmartel
*Author

Well, so much for that. I guess complaints about SAO being too rushed were worse.
Old 2012-10-25, 07:48   Link #2253
invokion
Accelerate

Quote:
Well, so much for that. I guess complaints about SAO being too rushed were worse.
Don't even get me started on SAO. Incredibly average compared to AW, objectively. Plot/pacing/development lacked so much. But this is AW thread.

I'm scared when haru is level 9, KYH and Haru will fight to the death... to reach level 10. Come on s2
Old 2012-10-27, 23:50   Link #2254
Miraluka
Banned

Yet people will attack the main character, always, they will shut their eyes and ears regarding anything else.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 00:33   Link #2255
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yet people will attack the main character, always, they will shut their eyes and ears regarding anything else.
Yeah, people will usually look at things that are so different than what they're used to with a bit of negativity unless it's completely proven to work otherwise.

Haru is quite a drastic change in main character appearance (despite personality being more or less similar, minus some bits based on his appearance) than what people are used to; actually LOOKING the part rather than just...being...the part. Usually, it's guys like that look like Taku who are the main character; bishi-looking (or at least decent enough-looking) guys who are, somehow, at the bottom of the food chain socially, even though there's really nothing "wrong" with them personality-wise or any other real reason for them to be besides simply being written that way.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 04:05   Link #2256
Charsiupao

Quote:
Yeah, main plot being defeating 5 Kings to reach level 10. Noumi's Arc didn't really accomplish much in that respect, and hence why I think of it as a 'side' quest. It would've been good if ended on that note I agree... though the battle with Green Grandee would've been so tedious cos of his defense haha. I wonder how he'd handle fights in the unlimited world, he can't do much damage(?).
Maybe it was part of the main plot - I can foresee with this new faction entering the fray, and not playing fair through their masking, the kings may choose to try and deal with this menace, and become targets themselves, changing the purpose of the main plot to one of gaining level 10 to one of stamping out masked logins. Even Yellow Radio would have an interest in this seeing as his Akhibara Battleground is at risk, although he might just backstab a few people along the way. Some of the kings probably won't survive, but at the end it'll be at least two of them still standing, and then they'll agree to fight rather than let it drag on meaninglessly and encourage yet more abuse of the system by another illegal faction in the future.

Imagine what an impact if at the start of Season 2 Green Grandee's armour is ripped apart by the bad guys, causing panic among all the remaining kings... the original main plot is something to look forward to, but I think once we get to meet the other kings and know them better we might not like the idea of them killing each other that much, and it would be nicer to see them fall at the hands of a truly antagonistic third party.
Charsiupao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 08:44   Link #2257
invokion
Accelerate

The new ova has been announced!! Jan 31st 2013 :d
Old 2012-11-02, 08:52   Link #2258
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
The new ova has been announced!! Jan 31st 2013 :d
We know. It's an onsen episode. I don't mind though but I have to ask though. Is EX 1 canon? I know it's written by the author himself but...
Old 2012-11-03, 10:42   Link #2259
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
We know. It's an onsen episode. I don't mind though but I have to ask though. Is EX 1 canon? I know it's written by the author himself but...
I can't really imagine an Accel World going one full episode without some mention of the internet or games, but I don't expect it to be exceptionally plot driven like a full arc of the show.

As for Ex1 I don't know, I think it's semi-canon, but there's a couple things out of place. It appears to take place after episode 24 but Fuuko is nowhere in sight when she ought to be there by now canon wise (that picture of her in Accel Assault gear makes it look like she was meant to be in the episode) and Haru and Chiyu are acting a little strange and over the top like the scenarios being played up for laughs a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they debut Accel Assault Sky Raker in the new episode though and there's another AA twist to it. She is in the promo vid after all.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 13:42   Link #2260
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Raker wasn't present because it was a Umesato Junior High matter and she belongs to a different high school. Kuroyukihime roped in the Three Musketeers because they were the closest people to her in the school, with the notable exception of Megumi. She probably wasn't roped in because the culprit was quite possibly a suspected Burst Linker.
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen