Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-14, 16:09   Link #4201
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

Wow, i gotta admit, this info is really interesting. Seeing someone as equal as you {and we are talking about Lelouch here} is a big step. Confirms in my mind, that the bond that C.C and Lelouch shared was inevitable, one way or another. Their fates were intertwined from the start and is like one completes each other. {not romantically speaking, i'm not going through the same crap here, i am talking about goals and helping each other}
"Equal" is a strong word.
well to be honest from season r2 on it was pretty clear. This series reminds a bit of
Spoiler for another series called bleach spoilers maybe for some who don't read the manga.:

But I will withold my judgement until i read it personally.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 16:23   Link #4202
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
well to be honest from season r2 on it was pretty clear. This series reminds a bit of
Spoiler for another series called bleach spoilers maybe for some who don't read the manga.:

But I will withold my judgement until i read it personally.
Though Rukia seems a bit more "tsun tsun" for Ichigo than CC; I have an hard time to see those relationship as similar, besides the fact that Rukia gave him a shinigami power and CC gave Lelouch a Geass. Even their bond is differnt, Rukia and Ichigo is all about nakama/ deep trust in each other, while CC and Lelouch was in a more different way (partner in crime)

Rukia/Ichigo =/= CC/Lelouch; If actually there is no resolution between Rukia and Ichigo it will be more because Bleach is a shonen and since romance isn't the point, open ending FTW, while CC and Lelouch relationship turned out to be not romantic, with the anime.

Don't know If I'm really clear there...
(BTW Shirley and Orihime speech isn't the only identical thing between them )

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 17:55   Link #4203
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Though Rukia seems a bit more "tsun tsun" for Ichigo than CC; I have an hard time to see those relationship as similar, besides the fact that Rukia gave him a shinigami power and CC gave Lelouch a Geass. Even their bond is differnt, Rukia and Ichigo is all about nakama/ deep trust in each other, while CC and Lelouch was in a more different way (partner in crime)

Rukia/Ichigo =/= CC/Lelouch; If actually there is no resolution between Rukia and Ichigo it will be more because Bleach is a shonen and since romance isn't the point, open ending FTW, while CC and Lelouch relationship turned out to be not romantic, with the anime.
This comparison actually fascinates me. I'll admit that there are some differences between the Ichigo/Rukia and Lelouch/C.C. relationships, but I think the two are very similar in many ways. It's as you said, Ichigo and Rukia have great trust in one another, but so do Lelouch and C.C. Yes, Ichigo is more heroic, while Lelouch is the Demon King, but that goes without saying (well hell, even Ichigo has his inner hollow). And lets not forget that the appearance of Rukia and C.C. were the turning points of Ichigo's and Lelouch's lives, respectively.

Quote:
(BTW Shirley and Orihime speech isn't the only identical thing between them )
What? Orange hair?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 19:56   Link #4204
Xander

I always thought that C.C. was an equal to Lelouch, that is shown by the way he treated her in season one and in R2, so it's good to know that this has been confirmed but it is not a surprise. She was his most important ally behind the scenes and an accomplice to the very existence of Zero.

I have not seen Bleach so I cannot comment.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 01:56   Link #4205
Nobodyman9
Banned

All right, maybe I can't see the forest for the trees here, but what exactly does it mean that Lelouch saw C.C. as an "equal"? Does that mean that he saw nobody else as equal to him? And equal in what way? As a person? I mean, Lelouch and C.C. were certainly not the same in many regards. Lelouch was certainly more passionate/emotional and intelligent than C.C. I mean, if he really did think that C.C. was the only one equal to him, then that is just another hypocritic element to him, as he was fighting a government that believed all men are not created equal. But again, maybe I'm missing the point.
Old 2008-12-15, 02:08   Link #4206
Grey Dawn
zzzzzzzz

I think it's pretty clear he saw Suzaku as his equal as well. A peer, someone to compare himself to and a valuable ally/dangerous foe. Of course, as we know their strengths are different, and practically Lelouch has very effective strengths, but I doubt he compares people the same way we would.

I don't think it means he saw C.C. as his "only equal."
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 02:23   Link #4207
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post
I think it's pretty clear he saw Suzaku as his equal as well. A peer, someone to compare himself to and a valuable ally/dangerous foe. Of course, as we know their strengths are different, and practically Lelouch has very effective strengths, but I doubt he compares people the same way we would.

Ah, Grey Dawn. You're always so helpful

I think I've got the gist of what was meant by that. I suppose Lelouch's mind will forever be an enigma. A deeply disturbed enigma.
Old 2008-12-15, 03:00   Link #4208
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
This comparison actually fascinates me. I'll admit that there are some differences between the Ichigo/Rukia and Lelouch/C.C. relationships, but I think the two are very similar in many ways. It's as you said, Ichigo and Rukia have great trust in one another, but so do Lelouch and C.C. Yes, Ichigo is more heroic, while Lelouch is the Demon King, but that goes without saying (well hell, even Ichigo has his inner hollow). And lets not forget that the appearance of Rukia and C.C. were the turning points of Ichigo's and Lelouch's lives, respectively.

What? Orange hair?

Hmm, when I say that Ichigo and Rukia bond is about trust, I mean they trust each other to the point of putting their lifes in each other hands; It was never the case with CC and Lelouch; She hidded from him important information during more than half of the entire serie, the kind of infos which could have avoided a lot of tragedys; They are partner, but their partnership is more the one of "We work together cause we are useful to each other" than "I trust you with my life"; The former is Lulu/CC, the latter is Ichigo/Rukia; Now I agree that their meeting were the turning point of their life, but that's really one of their only resemblances.

I know you get what I mean about Shirley

Old 2008-12-15, 03:50   Link #4209
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn View Post

actually the person he most feared was Schneizel XD. Lelouch definitely thought of Schneizel as his equal
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:06   Link #4210
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Well, if someone asks me I'll say that Lelouch/C.C. bond is hotter than Ichigo/Rukia, but still Shirley and Orihime are quite similar in the lover's role IMO.

*runs away*
Old 2008-12-15, 04:53   Link #4211
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Hmm, when I say that Ichigo and Rukia bond is about trust, I mean they trust each other to the point of putting their lifes in each other hands; It was never the case with CC and Lelouch; She hidded from him important information during more than half of the entire serie, the kind of infos which could have avoided a lot of tragedys; They are partner, but their partnership is more the one of "We work together cause we are useful to each other" than "I trust you with my life"; The former is Lulu/CC, the latter is Ichigo/Rukia; Now I agree that their meeting were the turning point of their life, but that's really one of their only resemblances.
Well yeah, initially it was pretty shaky (especially witht the whole Mao incident), but over time I think they started to trust each other more, a lot more. In the end C.C. was Lelouch's "shield", that is, Lelouch entrusted his life to her. If that's not trust, I don't know what is.

Quote:
I know you get what I mean about Shirley
...yeah, let's leave it at that. Well, Bleach is still ongoing so we don't know for sure how Orihime will end up as far as her relationship with Ichigo.
Old 2008-12-15, 05:59   Link #4212
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
actually the person he most feared was Schneizel XD. Lelouch definitely thought of Schneizel as his equal
True that. An equal on the opposite side, while CC is an equal on his side.

As for Suzaku, IDK...They are so different... and that doesn't mean their differences prevents them to understand each other, but still 'equals' doesn't sounds tor me as an accurate word to describe Suzaku and Lelouch..

Amusing paralleles with Bleach, btw, I've kinda thought about Shirley and Orihime myself sometimes, partially their caring, affectionate nature- but it's mainly the hair XD
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:33   Link #4213
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Considering that Shirley's seiyuu also does Rukia
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:59   Link #4214
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well yeah, initially it was pretty shaky (especially witht the whole Mao incident), but over time I think they started to trust each other more, a lot more. In the end C.C. was Lelouch's "shield", that is, Lelouch entrusted his life to her. If that's not trust, I don't know what is.

...yeah, let's leave it at that. Well, Bleach is still ongoing so we don't know for sure how Orihime will end up as far as her relationship with Ichigo.
For Shirley and Orihime, it was more of a : Crush toward the protagonist, similar appearance, andf well, the whole speech things. Nothing bad; Just a precision.

About Lelouch's shield, let's not forget Suzaku gave her this role, Lelouch never showed he entrusted his life in her hands; It was more in Suzaku's hands than anyone else for ZR.
Though at the end he definitely shown her cared for her, and I think that from this point, to trust her wasn't a problem anymore; But let's not forget that until Turn 21 of R2, CC was more or less on the other side.

Old 2008-12-15, 13:58   Link #4215
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
I haven't the intention of reading theses hundres sites ... so I ask directly:
Does anyone know C.C.'s real name?

I heard it should be Cecaniah Corabelle.
I would be grateful if someone knows it
Old 2008-12-15, 14:08   Link #4216
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
her name is sakura
C.C is the job description
*runs away*
Old 2008-12-15, 15:02   Link #4217
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post

I have no idea whether this is true or not, but it sounds really pretty. <3 Where did you hear this?
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 15:18   Link #4218
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

While it is indeed a pretty name, it has been pointed out by official sources that C.C.'s real name is not connected to the title of C.C.. Which does lower its credibility in this case. Shame, though, because it is a really pretty name.
Old 2008-12-15, 17:32   Link #4219
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
For Shirley and Orihime, it was more of a : Crush toward the protagonist, similar appearance, andf well, the whole speech things. Nothing bad; Just a precision.

About Lelouch's shield, let's not forget Suzaku gave her this role, Lelouch never showed he entrusted his life in her hands; It was more in Suzaku's hands than anyone else for ZR.
Though at the end he definitely shown her cared for her, and I think that from this point, to trust her wasn't a problem anymore; But let's not forget that until Turn 21 of R2, CC was more or less on the other side.
Ah, well I'm glad you're not a spiteful person. I mean I know you're a Kalulu fan, so... I feel kinda silly now Yeah, they're very similar.

And I'm just about ready to drop the Lelouch/C.C. Ichigo/Rukia debate. I think it's actually good that they're not exactly the same. After all, we don't want to see the same thing over and over again. Right? ...right?
Old 2008-12-15, 17:36   Link #4220
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post

I heard it a while ago and that it is in one of the novels, which are supposedly not canon, which most people won't care about. Anyways, many people don't care about knowing her name anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
While it is indeed a pretty name, it has been pointed out by official sources that C.C.'s real name is not connected to the title of C.C.. Which does lower its credibility in this case. Shame, though, because it is a really pretty name.
What official sources?
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote