Peacemaker

why not? kakashi even has a book with him, perhaps he likes to make music :P

but i want to know about kiba, what happened and all
UchihaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 10:18   Link #42
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
haha have fun waiting, best for u to do is concentrate on shikamaru ^_~ i wanna know what happened to neji but thats not gonna happen until naruto's fight is over or maybe longer

ya why cant he carry bells, its what the cool kids are doing these days
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 11:40   Link #43
n00blike
member 69 of S.P.A. ;)

Yeah just saw it (couldn't read it!) lol i need to learn japanes!
are there any online lessons?

ok
when it showed his hand bitten was it what could of happened? or did the thing actually bit him but they like eat your chakara or like loss feeling of his hand for a bit? cuz he was holding it.

And yeah its all about the bells theis days.
WHAT NEXT KIDS WITH THERE PANTS ON BACKWORDS?

ps not bad but

still not as cool as the "real" one
n00blike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 13:43   Link #44
htpcfan
L1: Lazy Puppy

Page-by-page translation guide to pinyin raw scans!

...since apparently no one who reads simplified mandarin wants to do it...

*BTW* mods, should I post this here or in the main Naruto forum?... Not sure, I'm pretty new to this... but I think the translation technically's not a "discussion" Sorry if I violate any rules...

I intentionally didn't use Pinyin to translate sound effects since a lot of people prolly don't know how pinyin works, so I approximated a lot of sounds to their English romanization derivative.

Feel free to use my translation -- just lemme know about it before/after you've done so. Incidentally, I wouldn't mind doing this again -- "giving back to the community" -- if people can provide me with Chinese (traditional or simplified) RAWs... Email me at thinking AT stanford DOT-NO-SPAM-PLEASE edu

Translation note: Stuff in () are my comments/thoughts only. I started translating SFXs, but they got kinda annoying and filled up too many lines... so I cut them out...

p1:
207-Playing Chess

Passionate translation version (so I assume some Chinese guy translated the J-Raw?)

"He never succumbs to despair, and never underestimates his enemies-- Even if he is in the worst of situations he can still lightly smile. That is the kind of man he is. (shika)

p2:
text: Finale, Chaos of the Underworld!! Tatuya's secret is show!
shika: something is coming!
text: shows their teeth to Shika

p3:
Shika: This is?!

p4:
Shika: ugh!

p5:
text: Suddenly!!
Shika: What!!?

p6:
Shika: Cheh...
SHika: These guys...

p7:
Tatuya: As he notices his situation is bad he immediately flees... he's unexpectedly good... but...
Shika: Using both my precious (limited supply) of explosive seals and smoke bombs did I manage to hide...

p8:
Shika: Those white things... only bit my "body energy"...
Shika: Looking at what my shurikens passed (scraped) by ... those things seem to be non-material... it's the consumed chakara itself. Most possibly, the greater
Shika: Most likely it's greater part is consolidated by "mental energy" ... therefore, to seek stability it needs "body energy".
Shika: If I keep fighting with the "Chakara eater", I won't be able to summon up any more chakara... What fearsome foes...

p9:
Shika: Similarly to me, she's also a ninja that uses "special chakara" (bloodline?)... undoubtedly it's a special ninjitsu. In that case, I should only attack the physical bodies of those white things...
Shika: The easiest way is to make that flute stop, but seeing the situation now, it's hard even to get close to that woman...
Shika: I could consider using my shadow-copy-no-jutsu to capture all three physical bodies... But they are standing far apart. It'll be hard to attack all three given the time...
Shika: If only one runs away, I'll be attacked, and it'll all be over.
Shika: Her attack and defense are flawless... maybe that woman is even good at playing Shogi (japanese chess)
Shika: Of the remaining supplies I have 12 (dunno), 9 shurikans, 12 meters of metal wire, 1 flash bomb, and 1 explosive seal...

p10
Shika: ...Dang it... feels like I'm fighting a losing battle...
Tatuya: No use hiding... since you can't predict their movements, you street rat (Shika) won't have any place to hide... Once I find you I'll kill you.
Shika: Okay, this'll be it... I hope...

p 11
Shika: Good... everything's in position... Now the action...
Shika: There's 9 attacks... this will decide the victor!

p12
Tatuya: Hmph... you're too naive. Even the strategy of using other noises to distract my flute will not work...

p13
Tatuya: Where are you! Damn! Come out here you you stinking rat!

p14
Tatuya: There you are!

p15
Tatuya: Cheh... he planted a trap to hide himself... how dare you underestimate me!!

p16
Tatuya: This kid is fleeing everywhere... what is he thinking?!
Shika: The most interesting rule in Shogi is...

p17
Shika: to capture oppenent's pieces and to use for oneself.
Tatuya: ..Light!?
Tatuya: Damn it! He's using light to extend all the shadow...

p18
Shika: Shadow-copy-no-jutsu!!
Tatuya: ...how is it possible... how can you figure out the movements of the three!?
Tatuya: You can't possibly understand my music's mode (complexity)...!?

p19
Shika: I never had an ear for music, but outside of music... I can understand what exerts your control...
Tatuya: !?
Shika: That is, your fingers...

Last edited by htpcfan; 2004-03-06 at 13:57.
htpcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 14:05   Link #45
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Thanks htpcfan, I wasn't really sure if the ectoplasmic devourers tongues ate the chakra or the very 'soul'
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 14:21   Link #46
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

If they ate the soul...that'd kinda make the 4th's jutsu kinda lame...if you can summon up 3 things that do it themselves without taking you down with them...I'd sure as hell use those.

I hope they don't have any "infectious" qualities, though...
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 15:08   Link #47
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Nah you don't understand, i wasn't sure if it was the chakra or the 'astral projection' ie soul of Shika, something immaterial that could hurt you through this astral body, nothing close to the power of the jutsu of the 4th.
Old 2004-03-06, 15:57   Link #48
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Ahhh. Gotcha.

Anyone wanna speculate on what Tayuya's level 2 ability does? Maybe she becomes the song that Shikamaru can't get out of his head, and she stays there until he kills himself.
Old 2004-03-06, 16:24   Link #49
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Ahhh. Gotcha.

Anyone wanna speculate on what Tayuya's level 2 ability does? Maybe she becomes the song that Shikamaru can't get out of his head, and she stays there until he kills himself.
lol

I reckon she'll become a banshee, and scream so damned loud Shika's head implodes.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 18:05   Link #50
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Ahhh. Gotcha.

makes them more strong. jirobu didnt have a special lvl 2 ability did he?
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 18:16   Link #51
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Yeah but he was lame ^^
Old 2004-03-06, 18:17   Link #52
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Isnt Jirobu the fat guy? If so then he had a frog like super strong lvl2. But it takes a lot of chakra to maintain.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 18:17   Link #53
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
makes them more strong. jirobu didnt have a special lvl 2 ability did he?
Yeah he did, but it was mightily unimpressive.
Old 2004-03-06, 18:18   Link #54
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8
Isnt Jirobu the fat guy? If so then he had a frog like super strong lvl2. But it takes a lot of chakra to maintain.
yeah. but no special ability.

spiderboy did... (arrow) but we have only seen 2 fights all they way through.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 18:36   Link #55
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

he was also desprately drained of chakra. Maybe he couldnt perform it with such a low amount?
________
Anal german

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 03:27.
Old 2004-03-06, 18:54   Link #56
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Yeah he did, but it was mightily unimpressive.
All he did with it was lift Super Sized Choji in the air. Sell your soul to Orochimaru, and it just takes a 13-year old fat kid and a pill to crush your sorry ass into the ground. Looks like Jirobou got screwed in that trade.

Sakon and Ukon's Level 2 isn't all that impressive either. Esecially since the target killing himself immediately would kill him too it looks like...I don't know why nobody's ever done it before. I actually think Sakon and Ukon's Level 1 is better as a fighting tactic.
Old 2004-03-06, 19:00   Link #57
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Well....Jirobou didnt sacrifice his life in the effort to beat someone....Thats like saying Kyuubi got a bad deal power wise...since the 4th beat him/sealed him.
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 03:28.
Old 2004-03-06, 19:13   Link #58
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Not really...Kyuubi is still alive.

On top of that, that was just the power Kyubi had...Jiroubo traded away his free will to get all that power...and Choji still overpowered him.

It was like Choji and Jiroubou both gained raw strength for what they gave up...and Choji got more of it...without having to be a slave. That's why I said he got a raw deal.
Old 2004-03-06, 20:15   Link #59
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Not really...Kyuubi is still alive.

On top of that, that was just the power Kyubi had...Jiroubo traded away his free will to get all that power...and Choji still overpowered him.

It was like Choji and Jiroubou both gained raw strength for what they gave up...and Choji got more of it...without having to be a slave. That's why I said he got a raw deal.
I half agree, but while Jirobou had that strength whenever he needed it, Choji only had it once, and it killed him.

Its not all that bad.

But anyways, I wonder what Shika is going to do with these trolls now. Its gonna be a bit complex controlling all three simultaneously.
Old 2004-03-06, 20:46   Link #60
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Random this is a Naruto defeating Haku deal. Jirobou was drained of chakra...not really fair to compare them together. All he did throughout the whole thing was try to gather chakra because he was so weak.
Also being a slave(We dont know how much of a slave they actually are...) compared to being dead. You pick which you would like.
________
No2 vaporizer

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 03:28.