AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 11:42   Link #6021
Gravitas Free Zone

Well, you can voluntarily choose to stick your head out into the breeze and shrapnel, but the Wolverine crew would not have much choice in the matter.

Exotic tanks? The garage contained various Shermans, some more rare than others, but still Shermans at the core. No oddities like a T29.

The Lee probably could have gotten through the JT's rear hatch, but unlike the Elefant, the JT never really stopped moving long enough for them to aim accurately at it.

Six crew... well, the JagdTiger has a crew of six, they could try to seize KMM's wreck. Though it's a bit... clumsy.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 11:54   Link #6022
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Exotic tanks? The garage contained various Shermans, some more rare than others, but still Shermans at the core. No oddities like a T29.
We don't know. Official materials did indicate what Yukari witnessed was not Saunders' complete arsenal. Just the ones on the table for the tournament. Saunders are also known to possess even greater number of tanks than KMM. More than 40 armors, in fact.

As for weirdness, Saunders possessed a number of oddities like the XR311.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 12:37   Link #6023
arkhangelsk

Quote:
The Lee probably could have gotten through the JT's rear hatch, but unlike the Elefant, the JT never really stopped moving long enough for them to aim accurately at it.
In fact, between the close range and the 75mm's painfully limited traverse, it is questionable whether Ayumi could have aimed at that spot at all.

Quote:
Six crew... well, the JagdTiger has a crew of six, they could try to seize KMM's wreck. Though it's a bit... clumsy.
There's also the Maus. Two guns, big and actually strong

An interesting question is, if they do split up, how would they do it?

Azusa commands and Karina drives in one tank, that much is clear. OK, so what do we do for the others? Aya seems to be the de facto 2nd in command, so they can put her in the 2nd tank.

But if you believe the manga, Aya can drive and no one is shown to be a driver, so do we put Aya in the driver's seat? But she seems more suited to commanding than Ayumi or Yuuki (Saki, who doesn't talk is clearly out), so is it better to put hopes in the fantastic abilities of girls in GuPverse, who seem universally capable of learning to drive a tank in one day?

Ayumi will have to man one of the guns. So who's the 2nd gunner? Saki or Yuuki? Heck, both of them seem less excitable than the ones actually on the guns now - they might even do better.

So, a final configuration like this (assuming they don't get more people)?

TC: Azusa/G&L: Saki/D: Karina
G: Ayumi/L: Yuuki/TC&D: Aya

An unconventional solution, but the idea is that since Senshado tank formations are so close, in theory under most conditions, a single commander can spot for both tanks, so in the absence of sufficient personnel, I leave a tank to focus on spotting and another to focus on shooting.

Any other possible configurations?

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2013-04-03 at 12:37. Reason: Quotation formatting error.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 12:46   Link #6024
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Saki is the loader.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:58   Link #6025
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
FREEDOM
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 12:59   Link #6026
Gravitas Free Zone

Yeah, those look like they're going to break free any moment—takes cover.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:01   Link #6027
Tak

Quote:
Yeah, those look like they're going to break free any moment
Oh... so am I...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:14   Link #6028
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Saki is the loader.
Yes, I know, but if Rabbit Team splits into two, it is hard to come up with a configuration where Saki won't have to become a Gunner. She can't be the TC if she talks once every half year or even once a day, and even drivers have to talk some time, so she has to become a gunner by default - only place she can just react to instructions.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 13:14   Link #6029
Gravitas Free Zone

Ahem...

Back to the freshmen again: If they continue on to the next year, I still think they'd do better to split the crew into what would hopefully be two new tanks (that are both not M3 Lees), and train new personnel to fill in the extra slots.

On a related topic: With the Student Council graduating, who will Oarai turn to for sudden last-minute deadly tank skills and highly-emotional motivational speaking?
Old 2013-04-03, 13:16   Link #6030
Tak

Quote:
On a related topic: With the Student Council graduating, who will Oarai turn to for sudden last-minute deadly tank skills and highly-emotional motivational speaking?
Suddenly, Erika transferred to Oorai...

- Tak

Old 2013-04-03, 13:16   Link #6031
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So supposedly Platz is going to release yet another GuP kit in the form of... a 1/35 Maus.

Platz Hobby Official Twitter

Seems to be this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platz
ガールズ&パンツァー 1/35 マウス -黒森峰女学園ver.- プラモデルキット発売決定! 詳細はあらためてお知らせします。放送は終了しましたが、プラッツはこれから もガルパンを応援します。
Can anyone confirm?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 13:20   Link #6032
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So supposedly Platz is going to release yet another GuP kit in the form of... a 1/35 Maus.

Platz Hobby Official Twitter

Seems to be this post:

Can anyone confirm?
Although I did not read the Twitter, the Japanese text indicate Platz will be releasing the 1/35 Maus, KMM ver.

Platz "Please continue to support GuP!"

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2013-04-03 at 13:30.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:56   Link #6033
Marina2

Quote:
Ex-Volleyball team? Isobe seems good at motivational speech.

........and Despite their bad tank, this team is very skilled in tankery. Give them Hertzer or good light/medium tank and they will troll even better than Student Council team.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:11   Link #6034
Gravitas Free Zone

Um... actually, I was more wondering if there would be a replacement for the Student Council in its Student Council duties, but I went off on a bit of a tangent there.

After all, this is the standard Absurdly Powerful Student Council, but no other members of the organization have ever been shown, aside from the Pres, Veep, and, uh, "public relations".
Old 2013-04-03, 14:22   Link #6035
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
FREEDOM
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
It doesn't have anything to do with her looks (ok, maybe a bit...), but on second watch, Kay's really become my favorite character. She's so friendly!

Quote:
Um... actually, I was more wondering if there would be a replacement for the Student Council in its Student Council duties, but I went off on a bit of a tangent there.

After all, this is the standard Absurdly Powerful Student Council, but no other members of the organization have ever been shown, aside from the Pres, Veep, and, uh, "public relations".
They'll have to elect someone else, I guess. They don't have to have anything to do with Senshado.

Though if we have to choose from among the tank teams, Anglerfish would be good. There's plenty of steel beneath Hana's velvet, Saori would make a better PR than Momo (how did she ever get that job?), and they have Mako for the intellectual heavy lifting.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 14:25   Link #6036
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Yeah, the Council runs everything on the ship. So no need for them to be part of the cast. Really, they would be too busy to drive tanks if not because the school is depended on it.
Old 2013-04-03, 14:51   Link #6037
Tak

With possibly the new funds Oorai is getting, I doubt they will stick to their current roster. I see a replacement of vehicles in order.

Either that, or we move up a notch. Time for Cold War tanks to play.

Well, all wishful thinking until we have a confirmation of a sequel. *Sigh*

- Tak

Old 2013-04-03, 15:50   Link #6038
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They're planning to use (embezzle?) the tank funds for the school's expenses, though...

Well, maybe they'll still invest some in tanks.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 16:23   Link #6039
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They're planning to use (embezzle?) the tank funds for the school's expenses, though...

Well, maybe they'll still invest some in tanks.
If Oorai is like any Japanese high school, it will be flooded with funds.

Since Japanese schools aren't divided by districts, Oorai would literally have so much money you'd be able to swim through it due to the significantly improved attendance just because it managed to be Senshado Champions as an underdog.

I am sure they will have funds for moar tanks

But yeah, I would like to see Cold War tanks this time around though. Its a rather neglected subject.

- Tak

Old 2013-04-03, 16:31   Link #6040
Gravitas Free Zone

I wonder if the actual armored units in the GuPverse's respective national militaries are gender-integrated or not. I mean, they don't let men participate in senshado because of the testosterone, but clearly they don't have issues in this world with women being thought incapable of operating armored vehicles.

Though realistically these high school girls would have either started out quite fit... or become that way by now. Possibly disturbingly so.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks