2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.22%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-05, 17:11   Link #441
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Saji is not emo, Louse is not psychotic.
Indeed, Saji had a perfectly legitimate reason to be upset.

How would you like it, to be thrown into prison as a terrorism collaborator without trial?
Old 2008-10-05, 17:18   Link #442
Shadow Reaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

How would you like it, to be thrown into prison as a terrorism collaborator without trial?
I'd be upset as well but that doesn't change the waves of emoness coming from Saji when he was clumsily pointing a gun at Setsuna while screaming "Give Then BACK!"
Shadow Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:24   Link #443
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
You don't seem to be a particularly intelligent fellow, so we'll forgive you, however, if you believe that is being "emo" (whatever that means these days) and not, oh, you know, legitimately upset then you have some really profound emotional issues you should have checked out.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:24   Link #444
lightbringer
M9000

His sister is dead and his girlfriend lost her parents and her arm and then stopped replying to his mails. Sure, it's been four years, but he has all kinds of reasons for being "emo" as you put it. The one thing about him and Shinn that might be similar is that both are too caught up in their own troubles. Shinn never quite got over that until the very end, but maybe Saji will.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:24   Link #445
Sides

Quote:
The same as being detained by terrorists, i guess. If i think about it, Saji seems to have a crappy life.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:32   Link #446
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well curious how things will go for Saji. This time he's right in the middle of it and can't see him just walking off somewhere. Clearly not a good day when you get arrested for no reason and find out your neighbour was a Gundam pilot . Could have really made it bad by telling him Louise was with the guys that almost got him killed by killer robots. Plenty of reasons overall to be upset about things. But hopefully the truth that he's going to get will help to give him some direction.

Though I think another person having a bad day is Allelujah. You know being tied up and in jail.
Old 2008-10-05, 17:39   Link #447
nutype
Future MD

i think one of my WORST fears might be coming to fruition. Saji is inching his way into Celestial being and working his way to becoming potentially a meister. A lot of us thought it would be impossible for him to join CB and it looks like he will be because he has nowhere else to go......what's next? Do they kill allelujah and replace him with saji? Do they let him pilot the 0 riser???
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:39   Link #448
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

99% of the "emo" kids out there are pissed off at their parents/society/the world/themselves for pretty stupid reasons when they actually have it pretty good.
Saji though, has been handed a pretty shitty deal so if anyone has a reason to be emotional it's him.

Put yourself in his shoes and tell us how you'd feel if your relatively peaceful life is thrown into chaos by some terrorist organization with an abstract ideal. As far as Saji is concerned, the moment Celestial Being came into the picture buses started blowing up around him in terrorist attacks, conflicts increased, his sister gets murdered, his girlfriend loses an arm and her entire family and their friends are all murdered by Celestial Being.

Sorry if he's not jumping at the chance of joining Celestial Being >_>
Old 2008-10-05, 17:39   Link #449
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:

still, watching Saji freak out at Setsuna of all people over "you killed my sister! you hurt my girlfriend!" makes him seem like a complete wuss.

Oh boo-hoo Saji, your sister is dead and you haven't talked to your 1 handed girlfriend in two years? Ali made Setsuna kill his own parents. Now get out. 0_o
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:43   Link #450
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
still, watching Saji freak out at Setsuna of all people over "you killed my sister! you hurt my girlfriend!" makes him seem like a complete wuss.

Oh boo-hoo Saji, your sister is dead and you haven't talked to your 1 handed girlfriend in two years? Ali made Setsuna kill his own parents. Now get out. 0_o
I wanna see how you would react if your sister was killed because of Ali and your girlfriend is injured in a Gundam attack
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:43   Link #451
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Could have really made it bad by telling him Louise was with the guys that almost got him killed by killer robots.
Oh, there's just loads of mind fuck to come for Saji when he DOES find out what Louise is doing. Poor Saji. The human face to the tragedy of war; he has no happy ending. Though I suppose Sunrise could surprise us and have Saji somehow save Louise (though why Sunrise can't ever make strong female pilots in the Gundam universe kind of irritates me). But, while the good guys do win in the end, Gundam likes to kill people along the way, so I'm putting my money on Louise dying. Saji gets to live because he can't be the face of human suffering if he's dead now can he?

Great episode. So much better then the very slow opening of the first season. Hopefully the full team is assembled within the next two episodes so the real shit can go hit the fan (though if Alleluja is still the biggest puss to pilot a mecha ever then they really should just let him rot in that cell instead of freeing him-unless Sunrise decides to go "oh fooled you!" and brings Halleluja back).
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:43   Link #452
Mangaka-chan

Finally, after 6 months of waiting! The episode wasted no time in getting into the action, and I was quite surprised when the automatons started shooting people. I wasn't expecting that much blood and violence from the get-go and I think it certainly sets the mood for this season. Seeing Seravee coming in and saving Exia made me grin. No longer is Tieria's unit the one that people sneak up on. The head on the back baffles me a bit and I'm not sure what it's for, but as the show goes on I'm sure we'll find out.

As for Louise, I think it's really sad to see her like this. We saw what kind of a girl she's like in season 1. She's a normal cheerful though spoiled young woman, but everything that happened to her has put her in her current situation. And I can't blame Saji for his reaction to Setsuna being a Gundam pilot either. As far as he knows Gundams= those who are involved in the tragedies of his life. And when you realize the person who'd been living next to you for those years somehow had a hand in all this, I think anyone'd be pretty upset.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:43   Link #453
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
99% of the "emo" kids out there are pissed off at their parents/society/the world/themselves for pretty stupid reasons when they actually have it pretty good.
Saji though, has been handed a pretty shitty deal so if anyone has a reason to be emotional it's him.

Put yourself in his shoes and tell us how you'd feel if your relatively peaceful life is thrown into chaos by some terrorist organization with an abstract ideal. As far as Saji is concerned, the moment Celestial Being came into the picture buses started blowing up around him in terrorist attacks, conflicts increased, his sister gets murdered, his girlfriend loses an arm and her entire family and their friends are all murdered by Celestial Being.

Sorry if he's not jumping at the chance of joining Celestial Being >_>
Ofcourse, the current world government had threw him into prison without a fair trial, and sent killer spider-droids after him to prevent a prison break...
Saji is caught between a rock and a hard place right now. He might not like Celestial Being, but at least CB doesn't think Saji is a terrorist.
Old 2008-10-05, 17:43   Link #454
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:

They were raised/grew up in different environments. Saji's trauma is also much fresher with no outlet to release it.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:46   Link #455
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Lazy_Mexican View Post
I wanna see how you would react if your sister was killed because of Ali and your girlfriend is injured in a Gundam attack
well, if you want to look at it that way....that scene really wasn't the best way to make the viewers start empathizing with Saji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
They were raised/grew up in different environments. Saji's trauma is also much fresher with no outlet to release it.
it's not about the background going into situation, it's about how the situation itself appears.

I know Saji's suffered. But having him express that suffering against to someone with far worse trauma in his past is not the way to make the viewer care about Saji. Of course there's always secondary purposes for a scene like that, so no big deal. I just find that angle of it funny.
Old 2008-10-05, 17:50   Link #456
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
To be fair on both sides, Saji had good reason to be angry at recent traumatic events. But on the other hand, Setsuna also had perfectly good reasons to not care about Saji's sob-story. The two of them had entirely different expectations of how the world should treat them.

Saji expected everything to be peaceful and nice for someone as ordinary and law-abiding as him. While Setsuna is just thankful for still being alive, and have no problem believing that "life isn't fair".
Old 2008-10-05, 17:52   Link #457
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
well, if you want to look at it that way....that scene really wasn't the best way to make the viewers start empathizing with Saji.

it's not about the background going into situation, it's about how the situation itself appears.

I know Saji's suffered. But having him express that suffering against to someone with far worse trauma in his past is not the way to make the viewer care about Saji. Of course there's always secondary purposes for a scene like that, so no big deal. I just find that angle of it funny.
But Saji doesn't know about Setsuna's past. I think it was a very natural reaction. People always place initial blame on an easy target.

I'm sure his views will change when Tiera shows him the "reality" of the world.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:55   Link #458
kakakka

Quote:
Come to think of it: Isn't it strange, that Saji remembers Setsuna?
People always remembers a wierd fellow I think...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:56   Link #459
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I certainly wouldn't remember a guy, that was just living next door for a few months, after more than 4 years.
Even more so for Setsuna, who definately had different things to think about during this time.
Lol, and I thought my memory was bad. Poor you.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 17:58   Link #460
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I certainly wouldn't remember a guy, that was just living next door for a few months, after more than 4 years.
Even more so for Setsuna, who definitely had different things to think about during this time.
to be fair, someone of middle eastern descent like Setsuna would stand out in a country like Japan. It's not that surprising that Saji would remember him, Setsuna was out of the ordinary.

And as for Setsuna....he didn't do anything in Japan other than sleep and hang with Saji a few times. Again, interactions with Saji and Louise was something out of the ordinary for Setsuna.

Quote:
But Saji doesn't know about Setsuna's past. I think it was a very natural reaction. People always place initial blame on an easy target.

I'm sure his views will change when Tiera shows him the "reality" of the world.
Well of course it's a natural reaction, and they're making a point about the world being distorted, so it's also perfectly reasonable to include a scene like that.

but from the perspective of Saji's character, it still makes him look like a joke.