AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-09, 16:27   Link #801
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, what if she just hated him because he kept the truth from her, and he goes into another mopey depression. Would you like him then?
Shoko is a reasonable girl, she also hid secret from Haruto so she has no right to complain. But if it does happened, all my hope for Haruto's development can just go to toilet and flush it down. I hope the reason Shoko started to hate and distanced herself from him is that because he "changed", sort like Yuji from SnS.
Old 2013-11-09, 20:36   Link #802
Kurohane

Shoko is safe from being kidnapped by that ghost ship. The people hooked up to the machines in Dorssia are most likely residents that society wouldn't miss if they were to suddenly disappear. I doubt the magius would grab the Prime Minister. In fact, the ship will probably start going after moon residents before thinking to go after Module 77, and that's not Shoko's jurisdiction.

If she were to notice people were to go missing and investigate even though it's not directly related to the Module, then it's possible she will discover the Magius that way. How's that for a season 2 cliffhanger? The gang on Earth leaves Dorssia territory and head to JIOR, and are in high spirits. Then, we shift to Shoko on the moon discovering the ghost ship and the abducted citizens, with a Magius confronting her in the end.
Old 2013-11-14, 09:38   Link #803
Destined_Fate

Shoko investigating makes sense as she doesn't seem the type to ignore people vanishing or are suffering even if they aren't under her protection.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-11-14 at 21:43. Reason: Please avoid "call-outs"; just don't reply
Old 2013-11-15, 10:52   Link #804
Fjoergyn

I'm contemplating the scene Shoko ED may be related to the loss, not previously thought that had to do with L-Elf but now I get the sensanción that can be.
Old 2013-11-16, 00:54   Link #805
erika4dsl

Shoko has been so absent this season it's getting ridiculous maybe they're planning something big with her character in the upcoming episodes, maybe the crew gets back to the module and it's completely destroyed, dead bodies everywhere, shoko kidnapped somewhere in a cell making jelly and befriending everyone she meets.

Also I posted this speculation in another thread, but what do you guys think about Haruto's dad doing something "special" to Shoko, her father might have even been aware of it.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:00   Link #806
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
Shoko has been so absent this season it's getting ridiculous maybe they're planning something big with her character in the upcoming episodes, maybe the crew gets back to the module and it's completely destroyed, dead bodies everywhere, shoko kidnapped somewhere in a cell making jelly and befriending everyone she meets.
And then we'll get a spin-off starring Cain and Shoko.

"My Political Prisoner Can't Possibly Be This Cute"
Old 2013-11-16, 01:01   Link #807
Destined_Fate

This is due to the action happening away from the module. It was a very strange decision to take away literally everyone Shoko could interact with and left her all alone. Thus even if they wanted to do stuff with her they kinda can't as she has no one to interact with now!

Thus Shoko is forced to the sidelines until Haruto, L-Elf, and the remaining away party returns so she can actually talk to someone.

Or she gets kidnapped for some reason.

Than again that would be far better than her being all alone at the module since at least Cain can troll her or reveal story elements to her.
Old 2013-11-16, 01:02   Link #808
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
And then we'll get a spin-off starring Cain and Shoko.

"My Political Prisoner Can't Possibly Be This Cute"
That's the cheesiest thing I've read in a while hahahaha!
Old 2013-11-16, 01:05   Link #809
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
This is due to the action happening away from the module. It was a very strange decision to take away literally everyone Shoko could interact with and left her all alone. Thus even if they wanted to do stuff with her they kinda can't as she has no one to interact with now!

Thus Shoko is forced to the sidelines into Haruto, L-Elf, and the remaining away party returns so she can actually talk to someone.
There's just too many characters to focus on in this anime lol. I was also surprise with the lack of attention Shoko's been getting though I have this very strong feeling that she's going to make a big come back. No way is everything pretty and nice back in the module. I was expecting attentions shifts between Dorssia to the Module, maybe have the Magius attack the module as soon as the guys landed in Dorssia, but whatever can't do anything about it haha.
Old 2013-11-16, 13:38   Link #810
shiyuki
Ever Learning

Got a bit irritated by the recent episodes...
Too much info for me to handle LOL

Well about Shoko, although she hasn't got many lines in these few episodes, she will definitely play a significant role in the near future in terms of story and characters developments.

From the ED, we can see that she is reaching out her hand to those in need though she herself is also clinging dangerously.
Her unconditional trust in people and charisma are so powerful to those who have lost faith in themselves.
She has helped Saki out when she lost hope in her VVV; brought Akira out from her own world; lightened up Marie's empty life; given hope to Sakimori students who were so hopeless after the very first attack on Module 77, and so on...

As long as the "revolution(s)" is/are going on, there will surely be more losing hopes.
Things just won't go the way you planned. C'est la vie~ w
I wish that, though lacking political and diplomatic skills, her charisma will bring people together and give them hope to live on.
Or else, this character will soon be forgotten... T^T

And... as a shipper of L-Elf/Shoko... I'm quite sure we can expect more of them in the future, though it might not be a romantic development...
The Princess is very likely to die as shown in the OP where she vanishes in such a way...
Plus, from what I mentioned above, L-Elf's plan just won't go that smoothly.
He might later realize that HIS revolution won't work that way and will get lost.
This is when Shoko and Haruto (or maybe other Sakimori students too) give him reasons to live on.
Remember, Shoko's name means "light".

(^ just my speculation... =3=)
Old 2013-11-16, 13:52   Link #811
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyuki View Post
Got a bit irritated by the recent episodes...
Too much info for me to handle LOL

Well about Shoko, although she hasn't got many lines in these few episodes, she will definitely play a significant role in the near future in terms of story and characters developments.

From the ED, we can see that she is reaching out her hand to those in need though she herself is also clinging dangerously.
I'm beginning not to think much is going to come from the ED anymore. They're about ready to shift to the second ED (4th ED of the series) now that we've come to the middle of the season, and a lot of what's seen in the ED never happened. We got the introduction of the Kirschbaums yet we never see them going into combat again against the Valvraves. And it's highly unlikely that it will be all 4 of the Dorssian boy team since one is out with Saki, the other is branded a traitor and presumed dead, the youngest is on a wild goose chase, leaving X-1 as the only one with Cain, who would be flying the VVV2, which has also yet to make an appearance in it's new form.

Haruto has yet to go feral and L-elf has yet to fly a Valvrave. I think that it can also be concluded that Shoko's part in the ED won't happen either. The ED is probably more symbolic than anything of the themes of the first half of the season.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-17, 22:35   Link #812
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

There is gonna be a third season, right?

They can't possibly squeeze all the remaining plot devices in this season.
Old 2013-11-23, 20:05   Link #813
Dr. Casey

Looks like Shoko's finally going to get a prominent role in the next episode.
Old 2013-11-23, 20:10   Link #814
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
There is gonna be a third season, right?

They can't possibly squeeze all the remaining plot devices in this season.
Highly likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Looks like Shoko's finally going to get a prominent role in the next episode.
Previews aren't highly reliable though.
Old 2013-11-23, 20:21   Link #815
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post

Previews aren't highly reliable though.
That's true. For all we know, with the way they've been treating Shoko, she might only get 2 minutes of screentime in this episode.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-25, 04:08   Link #816
Erufu
Karlstein Deserter

Hi all

This is my first post. (been a lurker for a few years)

I just want to say I love Shoko and her never waning energy/positivity. Judging from the 200 year time leap and there is a mini L-Elf, Anyone thinks Shoko could be the mother ? (especially after what happened last week)

And I freaking love Valvrave ! The storyline seem very rushed, but they have that Epic ending every episode which is reminiscent of Code Geass which is awesome. Can't wait for next week. Let's hope Shoko will get more screen time for a change.
Old 2013-11-25, 13:07   Link #817
Kurohane

She can't be the mother as the kid is born 200 years later. She can be an ancestor, but not the mother.
Old 2013-11-25, 18:14   Link #818
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
She can't be the mother as the kid is born 200 years later. She can be an ancestor, but not the mother.
That's assuming Shoko doesn't become a kamitsuki at some point.
Old 2013-11-25, 18:22   Link #819
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^The boy clearly not a kamitsuki and we aren't sure even if kamitsuki can give birth or not. Also I doubt there need for Shoko to be a kamitsuki when there two MC already a kamitsuki, need some human to balance out.
Old 2013-11-25, 18:41   Link #820
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Also I doubt there need for Shoko to be a kamitsuki when there two MC already a kamitsuki, need some human to balance out.
You're making assumptions. That was my point, to not make assumptions.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters