AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-25, 19:13   Link #821
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Like I say, the prince is NOT a kamitsuki. Even if Shoko were to become a kamitsuki and were to give birth, her offspring will be a kamitsuki NOT a non-kamitsuki. The rest is based on the fact that some of the MC is created to be the opposite of each other. Human and Kamitsuki, opposite.
Old 2013-11-25, 19:24   Link #822
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Just throwing this out there, since Kamitsuki are a human/magius hybrid, shouldn't they be able to reproduce? (After all, they are still human, in a technicality)

Magius not being able to reproduce makes sense, since they don't have a corporeal form. (They are just occupying human bodies) While Kamitsuki ARE humans with Magius abilities.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-25, 19:24   Link #823
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Like I say, the prince is NOT a kamitsuki. Even if Shoko were to become a kamitsuki and were to give birth, her offspring will be a kamitsuki NOT a non-kamitsuki.
You're still making assumptions.
Old 2013-11-25, 19:27   Link #824
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erufu View Post
Hi all

This is my first post. (been a lurker for a few years)

I just want to say I love Shoko and her never waning energy/positivity. Judging from the 200 year time leap and there is a mini L-Elf, Anyone thinks Shoko could be the mother ? (especially after what happened last week)

And I freaking love Valvrave ! The storyline seem very rushed, but they have that Epic ending every episode which is reminiscent of Code Geass which is awesome. Can't wait for next week. Let's hope Shoko will get more screen time for a change.

IKR. But I won't assume anymore that Shoko is the kid's biological mother. You see she's probably dead by the start of the third galactic reich unless Shoko becomes a kamitsuki and tells mini-elf that what they are now resulted from a blessing not a curse. Anyhow, I am happy that you also like Shoko-chan. Others may find me annoying or what have you, but I just can't stop liking her no matter what polar dialogues I hear or see from people's posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Just throwing this out there, since Kamitsuki are a human/magius hybrid, shouldn't they be able to reproduce? (After all, they are still human, in a technicality)

Magius not being able to reproduce makes sense, since they don't have a corporeal form. (They are just occupying human bodies) While Kamitsuki ARE humans with Magius abilities.
Wait... A magius cannot reproduce? So far, it hasn't been revealed yet or there hasn't been a single information as to magiuses that they can't. Yes, they are spirits, and they possess human bodies that age to consume runes. The body possessed by a magius still functions like what a human body does. The only thing that makes a big difference is that it breaks the limits a human body can reach like flying or whatsoever whenever they do that tongue movement as a sign of releasing their supernatural power. The bodies perhaps will still be able to make babies, and that's if they gain a physical form through body-jacking. Just my thought.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-11-25 at 19:40.
Old 2013-11-25, 19:53   Link #825
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You're still making assumptions.
Tell me what assumption am I making?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post

Wait... A magius cannot reproduce? So far, it hasn't been revealed yet or there hasn't been a single information as to magiuses that they can't. Yes, they are spirits, and they possess human bodies that age to consume runes. The body possessed by a magius still functions like what a human body does. The only thing that makes a big difference is that it breaks the limits a human body can reach like flying or whatsoever whenever they do that tongue movement as a sign of releasing their supernatural power. The bodies perhaps will still be able to make babies, and that's if they gain a physical form through body-jacking. Just my thought.
Since Kamitsuki doesn't aged, it will be awkward to have your child to be a baby forever.
Old 2013-11-25, 20:09   Link #826
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Tell me what assumption am I making?
You're making the assumption the baby a kamitsuki produces is a kamitsuki. We honestly have no concrete info on how their biology even works other than "immortal" and "unaging".
Old 2013-11-25, 20:25   Link #827
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You're making the assumption the baby a kamitsuki produces is a kamitsuki. We honestly have no concrete info on how their biology even works other than "immortal" and "unaging".
Unless you didn't watch the latest few episode, I'll tell you. Valvrave is built to created a new species dubbed by Haruto's father as homo sapiens novus AKA kamitsuki, a species that surpassed the human. They are no longer human, they are entirely a whole new species different from human. Basic biology tell us any mutation of the parents's genetic will passed on to offspring. If kamitsuki do have offspring, it will be a kamitsuki not human as in a species won't give birth to a different species.
Old 2013-11-25, 20:38   Link #828
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^That's the case if we take natural genetics here. But what happens with artificial genetics? So far, all Kamitsuki are the result of genetically altered children that were BORN human, but became Kamitsuki after resigning their humanity.

Supposing, Kamitsuki reproduce & their offspring are humans with potential to become Kamitsuki. (aka, humans with the potential to evolve)

A really cheesy example is: Take pokemon for instance, put two Pikachus in the daycare & you'd get a Pichu egg, not a Pikachu egg. (Now substitute Pikachu & Pichu for Kamitsuki & human w/o potential to be Kamitsuki.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-25, 20:58   Link #829
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^Pokemon is way too different of a species to make a solid conclusion, I'll used coordinator from Seed/Seed Destiny as a better example since both Kamitsuki and Coordinator are genetic engineered. The modification for Coordinator is first made during the embryonic development like the student, after the Coordinator is born his/her offspring will automatically received the benefit of the enhancement.

Unless a alternative way is having human and kamitsuki conceiving a baby which will reduced the kamitsuki blood in the offspring, while the offspring still have same ability as a normal kamitsuki but healing factor is weaken and they will aged, but age very slowly.
Old 2013-11-25, 21:14   Link #830
finalfury
Incognito

All that matters is whether or not their gametes(sex cells i.e sperm or egg) contain the genetic information that make up a Kamitsuki.
Old 2013-11-25, 21:19   Link #831
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

DevilHigh, Well yea, having a human & Kamitsuki come together, should reduce the Kamitsuki bloodline & by extension, weaken the powers/abilities.

Human = 100% human
Kamitsuki = 50% human, 50% Magius (Assumed result because artificial genetics can be accurate due to controlled experiments)

Having Kamitsuki & human come together will thicked the human genes, while at the same time weaken the Kamitsuki blood. However, natural evolution into Kamitsuki may become possible due to natural reproduction over a few generations.

We should probably move this discussion to the speculation thread or Magius thread...
Old 2013-11-29, 01:08   Link #832
Kurohane

All I can say is look at Shoko's face in the preview. Dang! Never seen her look like that!
Old 2013-11-29, 02:40   Link #833
LightDragonman

Can you show me?
Old 2013-11-29, 03:00   Link #834
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Can you show me?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Never seen her look so shocked and maybe even scared.
Old 2013-11-29, 03:02   Link #835
LightDragonman

Someone seems to be holding her back. What from?
Old 2013-11-29, 03:02   Link #836
Kurohane

Quote:
Someone seems to be holding her back. What from?
That's the interesting part. I couldn't even begin to guess.
Old 2013-11-29, 03:10   Link #837
LightDragonman

Wonder if Haruto is once again going through one of his "states" again.
Old 2013-11-29, 03:17   Link #838
Irenesharda

Poor Shoko, always the last to know.
It probably has something to do with Haruto and seeing what he really is. She's going to find out everything isn't she?

Do you think she's eventually going to learn the truth about Episode 10?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-29, 03:21   Link #839
~BC~

Quote:
Wonder if Haruto is once again going through one of his "states" again.
I could see him trying to come forward and explain himself and getting restrained or worse for his troubles. Shoko might try to come to his defense but gets held back by one of the other students (either out of concern or as suspect of conspiracy).
Old 2013-11-29, 03:36   Link #840
LightDragonman

Maybe they are holding her back from Haruto as the rest of the module no longer view him as human or something. Or maybe's she's just distraught at him, and they have to hold them both back lest they go at each other. I really don't know.

Wonder what she'll have to say about Saki if she finds out about her and him. Add onto the fact that Shouko doesn't appear in the time skip, and it makes me wonder about her fate.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters