AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-17, 04:41   Link #1561
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
if Chisaki and Tsumugu happen at the end so why didnt happen now after 5 years any one well forget their frist crush or love after 1 year or 2 but after 5 years and nothing then happen it well be stupid
I hope you're not serious. It was already explained why they didn't get together. Tsugumu was holding back because he thought Chisaki still had feelings for Hikari (which she probably has some) and she still hasn't gotten over losing her family and friends.

Now that Hikari's back maybe they will get over their issues and have a chance to start something.
Old 2014-01-17, 04:51   Link #1562
kira22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I hope you're not serious. It was already explained why they didn't get together. Tsugumu was holding back because he thought Chisaki still had feelings for Hikari (which she probably has some) and she still hasn't gotten over losing her family and friends.

Now that Hikari's back maybe they will get over their issues and have a chance to start something.
for sure, I think she is stuck for what has happened to Kaname, he feels guilty .... wants to patch things up with everyone.
Chisaki who feel nothing is impossible for Tsumugu, who says that he has feelings for Chisaki hikari, this anime has understood very little, or confused with a monstrosity of all souls.
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 05:08   Link #1563
dark44

what i mean is if you want them pair at the end she should make them pair after 5 years and there well be also drama on that Tsumugumay be jelous after hikari back and didnt all think that all sea village dead?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 05:36   Link #1564
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira22 View Post
that is, some people think that hikari in 1 hour fell in love with Chisaki?
in this whole story and the characters of Miuna tsugumu what about them?

kaname where you will live?
Where he will live huh?

Let's see, we have several options (but they all have to be full of suffering in one form or another):

1. Live with Chisaki and Tsumugu (maximum suffering here)
2. Live with someone (Sayu's the only one that comes to mind, plenty of suffering here because of drama)
3. Under a bridge (yeah)

Needless to say, only suffering awaits for our invisible, pancake'd friend.
Old 2014-01-17, 05:43   Link #1565
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

I think Akari's new house can accommodate more and not to mention Hikari is there. The guy has gone through so much stuff that he needs someone to help pick himself up, and Hikari is the ideal person.

And yes, only suffering awaits him. If given the option he might even decide to hibernate for another 5 years or so. It's that awful
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 05:55   Link #1566
kira22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
I think Akari's new house can accommodate more and not to mention Hikari is there. The guy has gone through so much stuff that he needs someone to help pick himself up, and Hikari is the ideal person.

And yes, only suffering awaits him. If given the option he might even decide to hibernate for another 5 years or so. It's that awful
In fact, he was thrown from the boat after he saw Tsumugu into the arms of Chisaki, because he understood that Chisaki was starting to feel something for Tsumugu, he would not suffer, and so he threw himself
Old 2014-01-17, 06:58   Link #1567
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
He could be more aggressive, like I think he should be, but unfortunately for him, that doesn't come easily to him. He's a good advice-giver, but naturally passive when it comes to his own relationships.

He slammed his cup onto the table because he didn't like the comment, yes, but also because he can't really counter it. The scientist guy is kinda right, and it ties into elements of Chisaki's character that likely frustrates Tsumugu. He doesn't like her being insulted, but the insult is painfully valid, so that just makes it sting even more.

All of this probably ties into him having mixed feelings over Hikari coming back. Hikari was his childhood friend, and he's glad that Hikari's awakening likely means the hibernation is/was a success and won't last too much longer. But on the other hand, it means that his chances with Chisaki are getting even lower now.
About the cup slamming I think that is a mixed feeling, as you stated, between being annoyed by the insult toward Chisaki and it being valid. Or, better the fact that he's not able to explain it. I think he is frustrated by the fact that he doesn't understand her and probably nor him. (Thing that makes him human). In fact he said something about it. So I think that the moment Miuna told him about being left out, it was a way to mirror also Tsumugu's situation. He resonated with it. They are both left out. They both are in love and they both want to help them out. But they don't know how to do it. And for that reason he asked why to Hikari, out of frustration, when honestly he wasn't the right person he should have asked.
In any case I still see that scene as a friend bonding moment between them.

Just a consideration about the possibility that Chisaki could love Hikari 'til the end not ending with Tsumugu, (today I regained my composure so I'm trying to keep my bias and vibes on hold ) it would mean that all the girls are in love with the MC, something that I'd gladly avoid for the sake of the show and not, or not only, for shipping reasons.

On a side note I find odd how Tsumugu's face seems grown up when Chisaki's doesn't. I don't know if it's a matter of laziness or to match up with Chisaki complex.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 11:23   Link #1568
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

It's painful to be Tsumugu, but it's a lot more painful to be Kaname. This guy had been holding back his feelings since like forever while Tsumugu, well, has been restraining himself for five years. At least Tsumugu has a bigger chance of ending up with Chisaki since their relationship must be a lot deeper than we thought of as a family thing only, but this never fail to amaze me so I won't speculate much. I am still routing for Chisaki/Tsumugu.
Old 2014-01-17, 11:28   Link #1569
Kazu-kun

Chisaki x Akira is where is at. Just wait some years and the little guy will be tapping that @ss everyday.
Old 2014-01-17, 11:33   Link #1570
kira22

yet with this issue that Chisaki is in love with Hikari in the first place is not a feeling, paid for hikari have spent 2 days so his love for Manaka there is and will be, and then you're not consideranto Miuna, who now lives with hikari and goes in its own class ... and I feel always say Chisaki and hikari, who now live in two different worlds ... I think okada then had to create a hentai.
Old 2014-01-17, 11:39   Link #1571
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira22 View Post
I think okada then had to create a hentai.
Well, she did start her career as an eroge writer, so it's not like she isn't familiarized with this stuff.
Old 2014-01-17, 11:46   Link #1572
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Starting off writing H-material is not uncommon in the anime/manga industry. Makoto Shinkai for example worked for minori before becoming making movies.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 11:54   Link #1573
Kazu-kun

I know. My point stands though.
Old 2014-01-17, 12:02   Link #1574
kira22

I do not understand why it is more concerned with the opinion of Hikari and not that of Tsumugu?
Old 2014-01-17, 12:43   Link #1575
Gundamx

I guess it's time for Tsumugu to learn how Hukari felt when he see Manak run after Tsumugu even though she spend most of her time with Hikari

About age different...
wasn't Akari a lot younger than her husband?
(more than 4 years for sure -> if my memory right in season one she was 18-19 years old)

Last edited by Gundamx; 2014-01-17 at 12:53.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 13:07   Link #1576
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I guess it's time for Tsumugu to learn how Hukari felt when he see Manak run after Tsumugu even though she spend most of her time with Hikari
That was Manaka's fault though, not Tsumugu's. If anything, she should be the one to get a taste of how Hikari felt.

Quote:
About age different...
(more than 4 years for sure -> if my memory right in season one she was 18-19 years old)
Yeah but they were both adults. No shotas or lolis involved.
Old 2014-01-17, 13:27   Link #1577
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That was Manaka's fault though, not Tsumugu's. If anything, she should be the one to get a taste of how Hikari felt.

Yeah but they were both adults. No shotas or lolis involved.
so as long as they don't have sexual relation till he pass 18 = no problem?
(bu birth they are same age -> it almost like he enter coma)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 13:39   Link #1578
mirahh

I'm so impressed with Hikari's character growth. To think that he was my least favorite character at the beginning - he is easily the best character in the show now.

Even better, all this happened so seamlessly throughout the show, and it wasn’t a jarring change at all; in fact, it felt very natural, and, at his core, Hikari is still the same with his stubbornness and devotion to his friends - I just think he’s learned to express it differently, in a much more mature way now than before. Just look at his reunion with Chisaki. He was clearly being the mature person in that situation, despite being several years younger than her.
mirahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 14:28   Link #1579
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
...Tsumugu doesn't bother, he doesn't try.... His granpa is in the hospital, but he doesn't visit him. He's not trying. Hikari, the first sea dweller to come out of hibernation is at a house he is familiar with for 2 days and yet he makes no attempt to even drop in to say hello, see how he's doing. He isn't trying. Isn't Tsumugu studying the sea and the sea village, researching the hibernation etc? And yet he makes no attempt to get information out of Hikari for his work? He isn't trying....
Hikari and Tsumugu are a classic extrovert/introvert pair. Hikari gets an idea and immediately goes out and imposes it on people -- sometimes with good results. Tsumugu is always watching and wondering, trying to understand the whole situation and people's feelings (and his own) before he acts -- so he ends up not acting. As an introvert myself, I feel I understand Tsumugu, and Hikari tends to put me off. Although depression made Hikari a bit easier for me to take in this episode. To be honest, I still don't like him, even though I admire some of what he has done.

Hikari offended me deeply in the first few episodes with the way he kept pushing Manaka around, even physically. Tsumugu is getting me down a bit now by the apparent fact that he has not begun anything romantic with Chisaki. That's taking being considerate too far. However, at least he is working away at college and making progress learning about the sea.

I don't see any indication at all that he "isn't trying." Do you really think he isn't visiting his grandfather? He was working on his grandfather's boat, so he couldn't go this time. And he is giving Hikari a bit of space, not attacking him immediately with questions. That's exactly what Akari asked people to do.

I loved his slamming down his bowl at the insult to Chisaki. That's how introverts express passionate rage. I was not happy with his curt "what are you standing out there for" greeting when Chisaki came home, but that's an unfortunate cultural style I've seen too often before, even in real life. He was nervous.

EDIT: Tsumugu (and I) disagree completely with the comment about Chisaki. She is exactly the opposite of cold. She had so much feeling that she couldn't approach Hikari yet.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2014-01-17 at 15:23.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 14:44   Link #1580
kira22

Quote:

About age different...
but what does the history of the characters you did not know, and then not even notice it, and Chisaki seem hikari between water and fire.

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen