AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-10-13, 17:13   Link #1861
DKN117

Ugh. The next three episodes are apparently:

Jiraiya Ninja Scrolls - The Tale of Naruto the Hero - Team Jiraiya (10/15/15)
JNS - TNH - The Priorities (10/22)
NO NEW EP ON 10/29
JNS - TNH - The Masked Man (11/5)

So this filler arc alone is gonna compose over a month's worth of time, and it's a nigh-certainty that it won't be the last filler before we get back to canon material...
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 18:21   Link #1862
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Awesome, Studio Pierrot showing their incompetence once again.

I'll just pretend the anime is on a hiatus.
Old 2015-10-14, 06:37   Link #1863
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Ugh. The next three episodes are apparently:

Jiraiya Ninja Scrolls - The Tale of Naruto the Hero - Team Jiraiya (10/15/15)
JNS - TNH - The Priorities (10/22)
NO NEW EP ON 10/29
JNS - TNH - The Masked Man (11/5)

So this filler arc alone is gonna compose over a month's worth of time, and it's a nigh-certainty that it won't be the last filler before we get back to canon material...
pretty much what i thought, thhey use the dreams as excuse for a superstretched filler arc :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 09:35   Link #1864
azenable
President of TecoT

i dun get it, if yondaime is alive?

why is his name still Uzumaki Naruto and not Namikaze Naruto?
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 12:16   Link #1865
ookamigirl

Dropped in to see what happening..
And dropped right in a filler episode.
Fast forwarded right through that sh*t.
I mean, it's fine, but come on.. too much is just too much!
Not even a whiff of the main plot..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 14:46   Link #1866
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post

having not seen an episode in a while, I assume it's because it's a dream and whoever is currently dreaming identifies Naruto with his normal last name. Dreams don't have to be logical. What does have to be logical, is Naruto's backstory involving his parents and the kyuubi, and that is much farther off the mark unfortunately.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 21:13   Link #1867
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post

Frankly the fact that his name isn't Namikaze Naruto is asinine.

He's the son of the former Hokage! Damn right people better know who he is.

Of course the story would have been infinitely different if people knew who his father was and it wasn't some super village secret.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 10:27   Link #1868
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Frankly the fact that his name isn't Namikaze Naruto is asinine.

He's the son of the former Hokage! Damn right people better know who he is.

Of course the story would have been infinitely different if people knew who his father was and it wasn't some super village secret.
the dumb thing about Naruto's name (knowing what we know now) is that he supposedly didn't have the Namikaze name to keep his father a secret, but the Uzumaki name should raise almost as much, if not more eyebrows.
Old 2015-10-19, 14:53   Link #1869
noktown

So I'm not really interested in the anime, but I do want to see the final battle animated, so is the anime still just fillers or we're getting close to the final battle ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 08:37   Link #1870
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the dumb thing about Naruto's name (knowing what we know now) is that he supposedly didn't have the Namikaze name to keep his father a secret, but the Uzumaki name should raise almost as much, if not more eyebrows.
I never thought of this if anyone really wanted to know Naruto's "identity" it wouldnt really be hard to put two and two together.
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 13:17   Link #1871
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 20:44   Link #1872
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Exactly.

And why even keep his father a secret?! Minato wasn't some traitor to the village and a dark secret to be kept hidden.

There was literally no reason for the village elders to hide who Naruto's father was. Frankly it's just bad writing to force a plot point.

Now when are the fillers going to end?
Old 2015-10-22, 21:30   Link #1873
DKN117

So not only are they continuing to chuck Filler at us like it's going out of style, but there isn't even a new episode next week (Pokemon double-feature instead), so that's an extra week of waiting before we eventually (2016?) return to canon material!

Quote:
And why even keep his father a secret?! Minato wasn't some traitor to the village and a dark secret to be kept hidden.

There was literally no reason for the village elders to hide who Naruto's father was. Frankly it's just bad writing to force a plot point.
I think I remember hearing that one reason (there was more than one) was that because Naruto's father made a LOOOOT of enemies in the Third Great War, some people from other villages might wanna nip a potential Second Yellow Flash in the bud or get some revenge-by-proxy by hunting down and killing him while he was still young and (relatively) weak. So, they gave him his mother's surname so that, say, if he was out on a mission at 12 or 13 when he wasn't god-tier power yet, and they ended up in the same area as some Stone-nin or the like, they wouldn't hear 'Namikaze' and think "Oh F*CK the Yellow Flash spawned hunt it down KILL IT THROW EVERYTHING WE HAVE AT HIM maybe we can kill him while he's still a weak kid!!"
Old 2015-10-22, 23:15   Link #1874
Maxtro

Quote:
I think I remember hearing that one reason (there was more than one) was that because Naruto's father made a LOOOOT of enemies in the Third Great War, some people from other villages might wanna nip a potential Second Yellow Flash in the bud or get some revenge-by-proxy by hunting down and killing him while he was still young and (relatively) weak. So, they gave him his mother's surname so that, say, if he was out on a mission at 12 or 13 when he wasn't god-tier power yet, and they ended up in the same area as some Stone-nin or the like, they wouldn't hear 'Namikaze' and think "Oh F*CK the Yellow Flash spawned hunt it down KILL IT THROW EVERYTHING WE HAVE AT HIM maybe we can kill him while he's still a weak kid!!"
That's a really good explanation that almost makes sense.

Except there were plenty of kids with hated last names going on high risk missions where their daddies wouldn't be able to save them.
Old 2015-10-22, 23:26   Link #1875
DKN117

Quote:
That's a really good explanation that almost makes sense.

Except there were plenty of kids with hated last names going on high risk missions where their daddies wouldn't be able to save them.
A) But Minato Namikaze was a one-man army that was outright FEARED by the enemy, to the point of formal flee-on-sight orders regarding him. The (few) survivors of his enemies would likely be VERY strongly compelled to make sure another of him couldn't appear.

B) I'm trying to find an explanation for the last-name thing that ISN'T "bad writing".
Old 2015-10-22, 23:50   Link #1876
Wandering Soul

Quote:
A) But Minato Namikaze was a one-man army that was outright FEARED by the enemy, to the point of formal flee-on-sight orders regarding him. The (few) survivors of his enemies would likely be VERY strongly compelled to make sure another of him couldn't appear.

B) I'm trying to find an explanation for the last-name thing that ISN'T "bad writing".
Problem with that is during the Fourth war both the Itachi and the Raikage show that they know who Naruto's parents are.
Old 2015-10-23, 01:31   Link #1877
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Problem with that is during the Fourth war both the Itachi and the Raikage show that they know who Naruto's parents are.
remember itachis mom was friends with kushina and if i recall itachi did see naruto as a baby after his parents died...since he went to the hospital with baby sasuke and mikoto
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-23, 09:30   Link #1878
itachi-san314

Quote:
I certainly respect and agree with your Namikaze argument, but I don't think there's a way to alleviate all the 'bad writing'. The elders were purposefully hiding Naruto but still managed to give him a famous last name. They should have just called him Naruto Haruno or any relatively unknown ninja family or just made one up.

As far as recognizing Naruto, everyone in Konoha who isn't brain dead should be able to put together that the blond kid with whiskers is Minato and Kushina's son and he has the fox in him. They all knew she was pregnant and then died and that the Kyuubi was still around, etc... it doesn't take a genius. Other villagers in the know like Jounin-level, even perhaps Chuunin level, should have had enough intel to put 2 and 2 together as well, but Kishi just went the easy route by making almost everyone idiots
Old 2015-10-23, 16:09   Link #1879
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
remember itachis mom was friends with kushina and if i recall itachi did see naruto as a baby after his parents died...since he went to the hospital with baby sasuke and mikoto
Still doesn't really explain how the Raikage knew. He probably recognized that the Naruto looked like his rival Minato, had the last name Uzumaki, and had the nine tailed fox. That still makes it weird how no one else seemed to know,
Old 2015-10-24, 14:32   Link #1880
azenable
President of TecoT

Theres only 1 explanation, being the bigger clan, Minato married into the Uzumaki clan to keep the name alive.

Japanese family and some chinese then to do that.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion