Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-23, 10:37   Link #221
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Knowing that Yuugiri was from the Bakumatsu period, she either pissed off someone from the Emperor faction or the Shogunate, perhaps even the Shinsengumi.
Yeah, I fully expect Yugiri's episode to be some awesome samurai period drama. I hope it won't disappoint .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 11:23   Link #222
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Speaking of yugiri. it's her birthday!

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/s...20920885276674
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 11:54   Link #223
Nivek von Beldo

So Lily was a trap all along...this anime is legendary like the zombies, this freaking come from nowhere and was a one of hell of twist.

Still the chapter was as dramatic as funny that twist and in a way that is how make a backstory chapter... the end was cute even things.

(we need giant lily/masao fanart now)
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 13:25   Link #224
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
As we explore other members death, IIRC its Yugiri and Tae that not explained yet?
While Yugiri can be easily guessed (maybe with some kind of stupid moment involved as well), that animation gif posted by James made me wonder if Tae, considering her clothes, is actually someone illiterate from distant past of Saga perfecture, similar to Yugiri.

If that were the case then given her "default" clothes i would guess she was a Amakusa Catholic nun who was somehow involved in the Shimabara Rebellion. The Hizen Province, where the rebellion was crushed, occupied parts of what are modern day Saga and Nagasaki prefectures.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 14:53   Link #225
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So Lily is confirmed to be transgendered. That's daring yet very welcome. It's almost amazing how her episode ended up being quite a tear-jerker.
Old 2018-11-23, 16:28   Link #226
Nivek von Beldo

Old 2018-11-23, 17:06   Link #227
videoman190

Spoiler for longest name for a episode tile ever :

Last edited by videoman190; 2018-11-23 at 19:04.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 17:25   Link #228
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Spoiler for For longest name for episode tile ever:
When i read the title was obvious who would be the next chapter
Old 2018-11-23, 18:22   Link #229
alex_drian

The trap shot/loli idol isn't new but the trap shota/loli zombie idol...

Oh yeah, it would be good a pair of trap jokes from now on.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 22:42   Link #230
akumaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
So Lily is confirmed to be transgendered. That's daring yet very welcome. It's almost amazing how her episode ended up being quite a tear-jerker.
He's not transgender. He takes features from his mother.

It makes sense why it's called Go Go Neverland SAGA, he never wanted to grow up like Peter Pan
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 03:02   Link #231
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I've heard some rumors that Crunchyroll took some liberties with the subtitles. Is that true?
Old 2018-11-24, 12:53   Link #232
Requiem-x
The slacking one

It took me some thinking, but when was the last time we had a trap that wasn't revealed as one almost immediately? Those are pretty rare, I think, so its no wonder Lily caught us all off guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Yeah, I fully expect Yugiri's episode to be some awesome samurai period drama. I hope it won't disappoint .
I just hope she gets one, period. Still have my doubts on that one.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 14:22   Link #233
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I've heard some rumors that Crunchyroll took some liberties with the subtitles. Is that true?
From what I gather, no. The contested line is Saki's "who cares what junk she has", a more literal translation is apparently "who cares what she has attached" but the meaning is obviously the same (also, in context, not much else would make sense - they're obviously talking about Lily being a boy, Saki's shrugging it off, and says it in a way that makes Junko flustered). The choice to translate as 'junk' is probably because of the pun with Junko, but same difference.

Old 2018-11-24, 14:44   Link #234
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaten View Post
He's not transgender. He takes features from his mother.

It makes sense why it's called Go Go Neverland SAGA, he never wanted to grow up like Peter Pan
She's trans, I dont understand why this is difficult to understand. Crunchy isn't adding anything to the translation, in fact some of the translated lines actually understate the issue.

When talking with Sakura about who Masao was the more accurate translation would be "The name that I abandoned" instead of what crunchy used "My old name", there is finality in Lily's intent in that line, which just makes it more obvious when Saki is making fun of her because of it and when Kotaro emphasizes it.

When her father is looking at her picture he specifically says "That girl cant be Masao" he could have used a more gender neutral pronoun like he did when speaking to her about the child he failed. But he didn't, he's affirming her choice.

Her voice actress in a recent interview states "She's not Masao anymore, she's Lily" and about how the show is about the friendship between girls. Cant get any clearer than that other than the director explicitly saying that she's trans. And even then I'm guessing people will just claim death of the author to try to fit their world views
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 14:49   Link #235
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
She's trans, I dont understand why this is difficult to understand. Crunchy isn't adding anything to the translation, in fact some of the translated lines actually understate the issue.

When talking with Sakura about who Masao was the more accurate translation would be "The name that I abandoned" instead of what crunchy used "My old name", there is finality in Lily's intent in that line, which just makes it more obvious when Saki is making fun of her because of it and when Kotaro emphasizes it.

When her father is looking at her picture he specifically says "That girl cant be Masao" he could have used a more gender neutral pronoun like he did when speaking to her about the child he failed. But he didn't, he's affirming her choice.

Her voice actress in a recent interview states "She's not Masao anymore, she's Lily" and about how the show is about the friendship between girls. Cant get any clearer than that other than the director explicitly saying that she's trans. And even then I'm guessing people will just claim death of the author to try to fit their world views
Maybe people interpret "trans" as meaning someone who has actually had a sex change operation, which obviously isn't the case here, and that's what they're denying? 'cos otherwise it doesn't make much sense, call it as you want, it's clear that she's living as a girl, that's her whole point. That's why the thing that killed her was seeing a beard hair, she realised she was hitting puberty and even though she wanted to deny being male she would actually start to change in ways that would make it impossible for her to hide it.

Old 2018-11-24, 15:29   Link #236
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wonder how Tae died? We've gotten some pretty wild deaths, and the buildup is only adding to my anticipation. Seeing how they've handled the ones we've seen so far, I don't know what to expect.
Old 2018-11-24, 15:30   Link #237
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Maybe people interpret "trans" as meaning someone who has actually had a sex change operation, which obviously isn't the case here, and that's what they're denying? 'cos otherwise it doesn't make much sense, call it as you want, it's clear that she's living as a girl, that's her whole point. That's why the thing that killed her was seeing a beard hair, she realised she was hitting puberty and even though she wanted to deny being male she would actually start to change in ways that would make it impossible for her to hide it.
Well thats certainly obvious that she hasn't had an op, not like its needed a whole lot anymore though

I'd understand the "its just crossdressing" if the shows text made it explicit. Rui from gatchaman is a case where the shows text actually contradicts the intent of people trying to fit him as transgendered. There is no distress caused by his sex, he often times dresses up like a boy, the enlightened buddah like character introduces him as a boy. Its far more likely that he's the typical "otokonoko" trope of a guy that likes to dress up like a girl and has no desire to actually be a girl.

Thats not the case with Lily at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I wonder how Tae died? We've gotten some pretty wild deaths, and the buildup is only adding to my anticipation. Seeing how they've handled the ones we've seen so far, I don't know what to expect.
All the girls have had a design that matches their deaths in some way. Burnt skin covered in bandages for Ai. Ripped to pieces and patched up with probably different people skin/body parts for Junko. Heart popping out for Lily because of overworked and shock. We know Sakura died from the car crash and her head injury could explain the amnesia. Saki probably died from a motorcycle accident given her facial scar as well. Yugiri got beheaded given her neck scar, and she already mentioned how samurai would test their swords on innocent civilians. Tae's all banged up and we really cant infer much do to her injuries. Maybe her clothing is a better descriptor? She uses habits as casual clothing, ripped apart do to her tendencies of putting on clothing. And she sleeps in what looks like a prisoners outfit. She also by far the oldest of the group, being almost 30 compared to the girls still being teens (Yes even Yugiri is only 19)
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 15:42   Link #238
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

A long shot, but I was thinking that she's related to Kotaro. Him calling her "Legendary" because of that, but the prison sleepwear is a good call.
Old 2018-11-24, 16:03   Link #239
Key Board
Carbon

Lily is meant to be portrayed as a someone who identifies as a girl and prefers female pronouns.

If you're insisting on using male pronouns, well...
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 16:16   Link #240
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Lily is meant to be portrayed as a someone who identifies as a girl and prefers female pronouns.
Yes, the very definition of trans.

Trans people don't necessarily require an op. Sometimes the most they do is take hormone therapy. And sometimes all they do is speak to a therapist on the regular. But when it comes down to it, what makes them trans is that they identify as a gender other than the one they were assigned at birth.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy (actually funny), horror comedy, satire, truck-san strikes again, zombie idols?