AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-19, 22:28   Link #101
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
i hope we see more of those roller-skates and jet-pack, they seem kind of useful and made Kirill look like a gimmicky action figure.
Totally something that would've existed in Tiger and Bunny .
Old 2018-11-20, 02:04   Link #102
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, I kinda thought Dr. Bieber was already a confirmed peeper.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 14:14   Link #103
Alhazred

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Edit: Hah! Freeze the frame when they're looking at the pictures of the victims and read the names.

Last edited by Alhazred; 2018-11-25 at 14:30.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 16:14   Link #104
Frontier

Kirill being mistaken for a woman has gotten so bad that he's getting propositioned by teenagers now. And then it reaches it's zenith when he puts on a wedding dress and actually pulls it off .

I love how Deana's problem wasn't the whole "getting paid for sex/relationship" thing, but that it wasn't enough money for her .

Apparently Kirill has all along been this science/medical prodigy who can come up with leading scientific theories just from the most basic information. Although I guess he's still an idiot in that none of this stuff ends up sticking in his head .

So what was Travis doing in there? The way they left that conversation it seemed like he really did spill his coffee because of how sexy a naked Yuri undergoing maintenance was .

Anthem's possible medical benefits is certainly an interesting question to ponder, especially here where we have people facing the end of their life and the possibility of Anthem giving them one last shot. Of course in the end it was just a means by Esperanza to find a way to counteract Seven-O's anti-Anthem weaponry .

Looks like we're getting more into the conspiracy teased at the end of last episode with Kirill possibly being enlisted in the military. It also seems like Valery recognized the military official, which might end up tieing everything together .
Old 2018-11-25, 19:21   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kirill is actually kind of genius. I can see why that would be hard to believe for Deana. He's still an idiot in his own own way though.

They finally went and did it. They had Kirill not just cross-dress but wear a wedding dress! They've taken the joke as far as it can go. As a side note, this was also his first time shooting a special bullet. Only took ten episodes.

Definitely a conspiracy with the military going on. We'll likely get deeper into that next week.
Old 2018-11-25, 21:06   Link #106
Wandering Soul

Plot twist of the episode: Krill actually is pretty smart. Everyone's reaction is completely understandable.

It was a joke ten episodes in the making, but they finally went and put Krill in a dress.
Old 2018-11-25, 22:18   Link #107
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It was a joke ten episodes in the making, but they finally went and put Krill in a dress.
The way it was played was also very in-character for the show's bizarre sense of humor. Valery complimented Kiril on how pretty he was in the dress and Kirill agreed in the huskiest, most manly voice he's every had in the entire show. Then later, Kirill told "Milla" that he'd be there to walk him down the "virgin road," i.e. there to give the bride away at the wedding, implying that Velery would be the one wearing the dress. Valery almost corrected him but stopped at the last moment, hinting that while neither of them sees any problems with it Kirill is laboring under some misapprehensions about why Valery wears women's clothes. Kirill's slip in using "Milla" also indicates that he still sees Valery as his "sister."
Old 2018-11-26, 03:02   Link #108
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Kirill being mistaken for a woman has gotten so bad that he's getting propositioned by teenagers now.
He was getting propositioned by teenagers when they went to that school. But now he's being mistaken for a hooker. Then again, it's by a kid who thinks every woman is a hooker.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2018-11-26 at 14:25.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 13:09   Link #109
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He was getting propositioned by teenagers when they went to that school. But now he's being mistaken for a hooker. Then again, it's by a kid who thins every woman is a hooker.
That's what I meant. It's one thing to get hit on, but it's another thing to get propositioned as a hooker .
Old 2018-11-26, 16:50   Link #110
drawr

TIL Kirill is a genius and looks great in a wedding dress.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 17:46   Link #111
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, I'm impressed this show was willing to go down the topic of illegal drugs and their medical uses. I'm glad that they didn't make those doctors into total caricature villains. At the end of the day they still had their patients best interests at heart but were just misguided in their methods and one could make a strong case that if there weren't regressive laws on Anthem's medicinal uses then they wouldn't need to do it underground and could obtain better data for patient's who don't have to risk turning into literal monsters. It was kinda stupid that the doctors would have their failed cases literally just behind a closed curtain and I was a bit peeved at the show portraying the doctors as dismissive of their sacrifice but it didn't undermine the message at the end of the day. Didn't quite catch the Esperanza link though.

But I think it's also worth pointing out that Kirill was being a royal arsehole trying to get Doug to do paperwork whilst he's still in the fucking hospital. Work-life balance much?

Quote:
Apparently Kirill has all along been this science/medical prodigy who can come up with leading scientific theories just from the most basic information. Although I guess he's still an idiot in that none of this stuff ends up sticking in his head .
That's actually totally realistic. When I was in Uni, I wrote a dissertation on Carotenoids but now 6 years later the only thing I can remember is that tomatoes have something called Lycopene which maybe good for eyesight. XP

In fact I'm pretty sure I've forgotten a lot of crap from Uni.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 19:37   Link #112
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

To be fair to Kirill, Doug admitted he was slacking on the reports intentionally so as to buy himself a few days vacation.

I too enjoyed the fact that DD was willing to take on the thorny issue of medical uses for illegal drugs - even more thorny here where marijuana possession can still get you life in prison and codeine is illegal. The writing for this show is quite strong and sneakily edgy.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 20:39   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Didn't quite catch the Esperanza link though.
I was under the impression that Esperanza was funding the research/experimentation so that they could figure out the different chemicals that go into the anti-Anthem weaponry.
Old 2018-11-28, 23:50   Link #114
Alhazred

Quote:
I was under the impression that Esperanza was funding the research/experimentation so that they could figure out the different chemicals that go into the anti-Anthem weaponry.
This, plus they were providing them with extra "patients" to supplement those they could recruit from the terminal care ward. One of the guys behind the curtain had an Esperanza tattoo, which presumably means he fucked up bad enough to be "volunteered" as a guinea pig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
But I think it's also worth pointing out that Kirill was being a royal arsehole trying to get Doug to do paperwork whilst he's still in the fucking hospital. Work-life balance much?.
I think it was the fact that their partner relationship means that as long as Doug's part of the paperwork wasn't done Kirill couldn't do any field work. He didn't want to drag Doug out of the hospital or anything, he just wanted to be able to do his own job.
Old 2018-11-29, 04:29   Link #115
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

it turns out Kirill has a super hero origin backstory after all, people thinks he's just an idiot by looking at him but turns out to be smart, also best trap for rocking that wedding dress (and mistaken for a lose woman by a kid).
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 13:20   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2018-12-09, 15:06   Link #117
azarhal

I think episode 10 is what we call a "WTF episode". There was like 4 different plot twists in it.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 16:36   Link #118
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I think episode 10 is what we call a "WTF episode". There was like 4 different plot twists in it.
To be fair, aside from the "B is actually Brian Cooper" twist i think all of them were actually foreshadowed to some extent. Folks have been speculating for ages about the sun and the nature of the setting, especially since the episode with the rambling drunk. Similarly, we've known for a long time that Valery was hiding for some reason and Kirill's "specialness" was hinted at when Cooper commented on his catchphrase and Kirill displayed incongruous genius. Esperanza has always received suspiciously little buildup and now we know it's because they were never meant be the final boss. Heck, the existence of Yuri as a robot might hint at something about B and his abilities, since the sound effects before the cut when he was changing his face were less like a "transformation" or "changing a mask" and more like he was taking his head off. There is a chance he's a robot too, maybe?
Old 2018-12-09, 16:51   Link #119
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Z was an idiot. B is a superhuman fighter who's defeated scores of people with automatic weapons. How did he see that confrontation ending?

Also, shouldn't they be looking for Yuri's core? Probably dead isn't the same as certainly dead.

And why is it that today, everything I read or watch ends up being a bummer? Except for Anima Yell.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 10:07   Link #120
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

makes me think of Tiger & Bunny along with this show is set on a different planet entirely,

also Yuri is more human despite her nature..
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detectives, police, super hero